961 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4927 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

This is the Bleach version of the "Simple Question & Answer Thread" that it apparently needs to avoid newbies from posting questions that can be easily answered here.

Obviously someone will post a simple question and someone will answer it honestly.

Example

Q: When will the next chapter of Bleach be out?

A:
Bleach is published by Weekly Shounen Magazine which is a weekly magazine company that releases Bleach during Wednesdays in Japan (GMT+9), and it gets scanlated at a random basis depending on the Raw provider and scanlator groups but it's always up on MS at Wednesdays to Fridays.

A reminder: This is a Q&A thread, so please no discussion here. There are a lot of Bleach related threads here to begin with, and for the anime, please look at the separate anime thread.

• la321 likes this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#2 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2981 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

1st is this a legit panel?

Second can anyone tell me what chapter/arc it's from?

It is legit. It is page 11 from chapter 519, Thousand Year Bood war arc. Here is a link to page in question.

Oh forgot to add the chapters name, Hot Hot Heat.

Edited by Tom Ace, 01 January 2013 - 05:20 PM.

• Miss Coquine likes this

#3 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

So uuh... Exactly how much do we know about reiatsu?

It's the spiritual power everyone uses for their magic tricks and all, but I've always wondered about its characteristics.

Can a person's reiatsu increase?
Do people "use up" their amount of reiatsu capacity in every battle? Do they put different amounts of it in different techniques?
When released, where does it go?
And so on.

6474505L.gif

#4 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2981 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

It's the spiritual power everyone uses for their magic tricks and all, but I've always wondered about its characteristics.

Do people "use up" their amount of reiatsu capacity in every battle? Do they put different amounts of it in different techniques?
And so on.

There is Reiryoku the "gas tank" you could say, and Reiatsu the horse power. Reiatsu from what i understand has no limit, however i think reiryoku does, it comes down to how well one can access the reiryoku and turn it into reiatsu.

If someone uses all their reiryoku/reiatsu in battle then they die. So some always has to remain. Now can you put more or less into a kido spell or sword strike? Yes, because Kenpachi getting use to Nnoirta's skin says so, with Zan strikes, and incantations for kidos make the spell stronger, the only possible way for it to be stronger is if more reiatsu is poured in. Also Byakuya used sokatsui and messed up Yammy however when Rukia used the same spell it didn't have as big of an effect. I equate this to Byakuya poring more reiatsu into his.

Now i should say this is my thoughts about this, i could be wrong however.

#5 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11161 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Based on the usage of the word in-manga, the force of a person's reiatsu increases with their overall reiryoku level. So it is possible to judge a person's full power just by feeling their reiatsu

It's more that they use up their internal reiryoku supply than that they use up their reiatsu. Reiatsu is a consciously activated pressure created by releasing reiryoku into the atmosphere around you.

As for different techniques, yes, different attacks and techniques cost different amounts of reiryoku to use. 

When reiatsu is released? That doesn't make much sense. As I said before, reiatsu is a feeling of pressure caused by a high density of spiritual energy(reiryoku) in the atmosphere. "Releasing" it is what you do to turn reiryoku into reiatsu. After the spiritual energy is released as reiatsu I would assume it just diffuses out into the open air.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#6 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

I don't think the Q&A is the place for this. It's an interesting discussion, we just need the right thread for it.

#7 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

Did Kenpachi have that scar during his flashback to his time in Rukongai?

#8 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

http://www.mangapand...hapter-114.html

Yes.

• Lone_ant likes this

#9 TheBerylfly

TheBerylfly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

I once read that Senbonzakura was Kuchiki family zanpakutou. Was it a mistranlation? And if not, how the hell does it even work?

#10 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11161 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

I once read that Senbonzakura was Kuchiki family zanpakutou. Was it a mistranlation? And if not, how the hell does it even work?

Would need a source to properly contest this, but I have heard nothing of this. This should be impossible because the spirit inside a Zanpakuto dies when the original owner dies. It would be impossible for anyone to activate Senbonzakura after the owner died so it's impossible that multiple heads of the Kuchiki Clan have been using this Zanpakuto.

#11 TheBerylfly

TheBerylfly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Would need a source to properly contest this, but I have heard nothing of this. This should be impossible because the spirit inside a Zanpakuto dies when the original owner dies. It would be impossible for anyone to activate Senbonzakura after the owner died so it's impossible that multiple heads of the Kuchiki Clan have been using this Zanpakuto.

I thought something along th lines of sword being "wiped" to the blank state whenever passed on, but yeah, mistranslation seems more likely

thanks

#12 ronrealplaya

ronrealplaya

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

And so on.

There was that one chapter where Urahara explains that Ichigo could increase his spiritual power when a soul almost nears death. That chapter was Ichigo battling Ururu.

#13 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Just to back up Ultrafragor, although this is not the first time I've heard this said within the fandom, I've never found a source for the belief. I don't know if it stems from a translation, a mistranslation, or whether it was just one fan's theory or interpretation that became popular with a portion of the fanbase. It would be interesting to know what the source ultimately is but, to the best of my knowledge, there's nothing in the manga or databooks that would support the idea of Senbonzakura being a family zanpakutou. My knowledge is not without limit, however, so just because I don't know of anything, that doesn't mean something related to this subject definitely doesn't exist somewhere.

#14 ronrealplaya

ronrealplaya

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Wasn't that an anime filler from the zanpakuto unknown tales?

I just don't think it's possible that zanpakuto spirits could really die considering Nimaiya has a lot of zanpakuto babes inside his harem without a master(assuming they don't have one) or the fact that Yamamoto and Chojirou were murdered but their bankais were stolen by the quincies.

Edited by ronrealplaya, 25 January 2013 - 08:34 AM.

• KurostrawberryX likes this

#15 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1613 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Is this week a brake for Bleach?, OP and Naruto are out.

#16 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11161 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

Is this week a brake for Bleach?, OP and Naruto are out.

Kubo was sick so no chapter

• Doug the Reaper 2 likes this

#17 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

Who was the 3rd division captain when Gin was Aizen's vice-captain and Hinamori-Renji-Kira were in the academy? Was the position empty all the time after Rose exiled? What exactly kept Gin from becoming the captain for 3rd division for that long? 

#18 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

Who was the 3rd division captain when Gin was Aizen's vice-captain and Hinamori-Renji-Kira were in the academy? Was the position empty all the time after Rose exiled? What exactly kept Gin from becoming the captain for 3rd division for that long? 

The timing between the vizards and the traitor captains is not known, it causes a lot of debate but theres no solid answer to it.

Its assumed there were interm captains, like the 3rd squad VC filled in for the position until gin filled it later cuze we know from the data books that ibas mother was the 3rd squad VC and there is no mention of any captains existing between the vizards and the current cast that quit inbetween.

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#19 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11161 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

The identity of the 10th Division Captain and Vice Captain during TBTP was never revealed. It was revealed in an interview that this is a very very very big secret. So big that there probably aren't even any hints to who they could be.

I have a feeling that the 3rd Captain during this time could relate to that. If it doesn't then that means A) There was no Captain and the Vice Captain led the division for that time period or B ) The person who was appointed Captain was killed in a short time

Edited by Ultrafragor, 12 February 2013 - 01:45 AM.

#20 Pimpbankai3050

Pimpbankai3050

Solo Dolo

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

The identity of the 10th Division Captain and Vice Captain during TBTP was never revealed. It was revealed in an interview that this is a very very very big secret. So big that there probably aren't even any hints to who they could be.

I have a feeling that the 3rd Captain during this time could relate to that. If it doesn't then that means A) There was no Captain and the Vice Captain led the division for that time period or B ) The person who was appointed Captain was killed in a short time

or promoted 

Posted Image

" I hate the rain. Rain falls in this world, too. When your heart is in chaos, this sky becomes clouded. When you are sad, rain falls so terribly easy. Can you understand...the horrible feeling of being pelted by rain when you're all alone in this solitary world? If only to stop that rain, I shall lend you any strength. If you trust in me, I won't let a single drop of rain fall from that sky. Ichigo, trust me...you are not fighting alone."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users