Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Promoted in less than 100 years as a captain? Slim chance

Shutara could fit the bill. She seems to know Mayuri when he was a captain yet was not there 110 years ago. Just a random guess though.

• Nagaraja likes this

#23 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,733 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Shutara could fit the bill. She seems to know Mayuri when he was a captain yet was not there 110 years ago. Just a random guess though.

well he might not know her and she had refered to Unohara having had higher security standards during his time. Plus at some point Mayuri must have been not in prison in the past. We still don't know why he was in there and what he was before that.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#24 Mister Cold

Mister Cold

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

well he might not know her and she had refered to Unohara having had higher security standards during his time. Plus at some point Mayuri must have been not in prison in the past. We still don't know why he was in there and what he was before that.

He was in prison for no reason.
That prison is for people who could be a potential thread to SS.

Mayuri was prob a potential major thread to SS.

#25 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,021 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

That's only one possible meaning of Shutara's comment.

I've seen the interview and so much is blanked out that all we can really tell is that the mystery Captain of the 10th Division is someone we would recognize (otherwise it wouldn't be a secret) 

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#26 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,626 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

yeah. I also did read the databook and the identity of the 10th division's captain at the time is really top secret.

As for Shutara, she may have known Mayuri before he got into the Maggot Nest.

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#27 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,733 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

He was in prison for no reason.
That prison is for people who could be a potential thread to SS.

Mayuri was prob a potential major thread to SS.

true, then either did Shutara pay a visit within the last 100 years because of sth we don't know or they never met and she only knows Urahara for some reason. that we don't know either.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#28 Nagaraja

Nagaraja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • LocationResting in the arms of the Ground Prophet Chad-Sama

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

I once read that Senbonzakura was Kuchiki family zanpakutou. Was it a mistranlation? And if not, how the hell does it even work?

I probably isn't. What would have happened to Byakuyas original zanpakuto. Unless Toshiros movie actually had some truth to it and two people could have the same zanpakuto.

I think that rumor started because Ginrei and Byakuyas swords look similar in their sealed state. 

"Reason exists for those who cannot go on living without clinging to it. Now let's go... to the edge of reason." Aizen

"It's been so long that I forgot the pain of not having a name. Everyone had a name that friends use to call them, but I didn't. That pain." Zaraki Kenpachi

#29 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

What happened to Bleachasylum?

Is there an early release scheduled for tomorrow?

#30 Ryuuhime

Ryuuhime

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

What happened to Bleachasylum?

Is there an early release scheduled for tomorrow?

Server issues, so it seems. It's not the first time it's happened.

I don't know about the early release, but I wouldn't mind that happening! :)

mpc-hc_nvo2014-07-0320-42-57-98-Coacutep

#31 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

What happens to dead hollow bodies?

#32 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts
  • Location瀞霊廷で、哀れな死神を助けています。

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

What happens to dead hollow bodies?

If the Hollow is killed by a Shinigami's Zanpakuto, the body dissipates into Reishi and the soul is purified, then sent to Soul Society (or, the soul is sent to Hell if the Hollow committed great atrocities as a human). If the Hollow is killed by a Quincy, the entire body is eradicated, soul included. Otherwise, we don't know, because the manga hasn't delved into what happens when a Hollow is killed by a Fullbringer, a human, or with the use of Kido, Hakuda, and so forth.

Edited by PlasmaWolf, 01 March 2013 - 01:47 PM.

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#33 Drago

Drago

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

I have a question. Since the hollows because mmore and more of a convoluted mess made up of thousands of souls, what happens when one of the menos dies? You'd think the flood of new arrivals would be noticed, right? And since espada 1 (supposedly), 2, 4, 5 (supposedly), 7, 8, 9, and 10 (supposedly) are dead (killed by shinigami, and therefore should be purified), the influx would've caused some sort of problem, wouldn't it? I'm saying because Mayuri had to kill off quite a few people because of the quincies' action in hueco mundo causing some imbalance.

#34 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

I have a question. Since the hollows because mmore and more of a convoluted mess made up of thousands of souls, what happens when one of the menos dies? You'd think the flood of new arrivals would be noticed, right? And since espada 1 (supposedly), 2, 4, 5 (supposedly), 7, 8, 9, and 10 (supposedly) are dead (killed by shinigami, and therefore should be purified), the influx would've caused some sort of problem, wouldn't it? I'm saying because Mayuri had to kill off quite a few people because of the quincies' action in hueco mundo causing some imbalance.

I'm going to say this topic should be moved to the Hollow thread and further discussed, there, because I don't believe there's a concrete answer to your question (from the manga's perspective, anyway). A Menos-type Hollow is formed when an ordinary Hollow begins to cannibalize other Hollows because human souls are incapable of satisfying it. A large number of regular Hollows are consumed, and together, they result in a conglomeration of Hollows which becomes the Menos/Gillian. It's anyone's guess what happens to the souls of those eaten Hollows, however, because I don't believe the manga has ever specifically explained where those souls ends up (for instance, does the soul of a devoured Hollow still have a chance of being sent to Hell, or does that not apply?).

6OINMKs.png

#35 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

If the Hollow is killed by a Shinigami's Zanpakuto, the body dissipates into Reishi and the soul is purified, then sent to Soul Society (or, the soul is sent to Hell if the Hollow committed great atrocities as a human). If the Hollow is killed by a Quincy, the entire body is eradicated, soul included. Otherwise, we don't know, because the manga hasn't delved into what happens when a Hollow is killed by a Fullbringer, a human, or with the use of Kido, Hakuda, and so forth.

How could Mayuri investigate the corpses then? :o

I always thought that weaker hollows would just become dust and stronger hollows could have stayed intact for a little longer.

#36 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

How could Mayuri investigate the corpses then? :o

I only said Hollows killed by a Shinigami's Zanpakuto or by a Quincy. If you remember, Starrk had created mountains of dead Hollows when Aizen first encountered him (just from exerting his Reiatsu).

Edited by PlasmaWolf, 01 March 2013 - 02:59 PM.

6OINMKs.png

#37 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Some hollows have dissipated when killed by a zanpakutou/quincy, some have not. Why is also open for debate and worth discussing on the hollow thread.

#38 TheBerylfly

TheBerylfly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

So um, if zanpakutou is unique to its original owner and dies with it original owner, how do legendary zanpakutous like Hyorinmaru work?

#39 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

So um, if zanpakutou is unique to its original owner and dies with it original owner, how do legendary zanpakutous like Hyorinmaru work?

As of now, that is just something the anime staff created to have a movie. 

Edited by Rashugun, 03 March 2013 - 07:56 AM.

6474505L.gif

#40 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

Are Naruki and Narukishi same cities?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users