PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts
  • Location瀞霊廷で、哀れな死神を助けています。

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Are Naruki and Narukishi same cities?

Yes. Narukishi is the literal reading of 鳴木市, while Naruki is simply the romanized/translated version.

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#42 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Yes. Narukishi is the literal reading of 鳴木市, while Naruki is simply the romanized/translated version.

que_zps7a9bbdf9.gif

Shits about to go down

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#43 Jesterzzn

Jesterzzn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Are Naruki and Narukishi same cities?

-shi [市] is a Japanese suffix for "city."

Including the -shi in a translated work is sloppy and confusing for the reader. Narukishi should always be translated as Naruki City.

Edited by Jesterzzn, 07 March 2013 - 07:30 PM.

• Rashugun likes this

#44 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

So Isshin is going to where XCution's lair is in. Gotta be exciting.

Edited by Krizalid, 08 March 2013 - 04:38 AM.

#45 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,869 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

when will the anime be back again? A couple of weeks ago we had a discussion but I don't remember :(

2mg5kyb.jpg

#46 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

when will the anime be back again? A couple of weeks ago we had a discussion but I don't remember :(

Well i posted that thing that said it would be back end of march, but that was confirmed a fake, so thats my bad lol

As of right now theres no real info, its assumed its on break til the manga gets at least somewhat ahead so they have much less fillers, but thats just an assumption by fans, with FT also getting taken off half way through an arc its unclear whats going on with bleach anime.

• Scorpion2k4u likes this

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#47 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,869 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Well i posted that thing that said it would be back end of march, but that was confirmed a fake, so thats my bad lol

As of right now theres no real info, its assumed its on break til the manga gets at least somewhat ahead so they have much less fillers, but thats just an assumption by fans, with FT also getting taken off half way through an arc its unclear whats going on with bleach anime.

ah okay thanks :D

2mg5kyb.jpg

#48 Mister Cold

Mister Cold

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

That sting ray from Unohana, is it her shikai or bankai?
And is there proof? (had a discussion with a friend during a walk, and in the manga, can't find a reference there)

#49 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

That sting ray from Unohana, is it her shikai or bankai?
And is there proof? (had a discussion with a friend during a walk, and in the manga, can't find a reference there)

the "manta ray" is her Shikai.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#50 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

It's neither a sting ray nor a manta ray. Kubo doesn't seem to have gone for one specific species with regards to the ray's appearance. It's a ray, but it's a fantasy ray (as in, not directly associated with any single real life species).

#51 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

It's neither a sting ray nor a manta ray. Kubo doesn't seem to have gone for one specific species with regards to the ray's appearance. It's a ray, but it's a fantasy ray (as in, not directly associated with any single real life species).

That's why i put quoations around it. :P

#52 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Back in the SS arc, the alarm for intruders in Seireitei went off before Ichigo and co had even gotten into Kukkaku's cannon. Did we ever find out why that was?

#53 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

Back in the SS arc, the alarm for intruders in Seireitei went off before Ichigo and co had even gotten into Kukkaku's cannon. Did we ever find out why that was?

The attack on the gate i assume.

#54 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

The attack on the gate i assume.

But the Captains had just finished discussing how Gin repelled the nakama, but failed to kill them.

#55 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

But the Captains had just finished discussing how Gin repelled the nakama, but failed to kill them.

Yeah i looked it up, it was probably Gin or Aizen's doing.

Spoiler

#56 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

I think Aizen was fairly clear when and Gin postured in front of Hitsugaya as a result of the alarm. It got Gin out of the meeting that was grilling him about his confrontation with Ichigo at the gate. More importantly, it allowed Aizen and Gin to set off Hitsugaya's mistrust of Gin by implying Aizen was 'on to' Gin just before he's suspiciously murdered, leaving Hitsugaya to think Gin's behind it all. That alarm was, I find myself saying, just as planned.

#57 Ryuuhime

Ryuuhime

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

I'm pretty sure the anime makes it seem as if the alarm was activated when Ichigo and the others were heading to SS in the cannon ball, but we saw it "earlier" because one part of the episode/chapter was from the Shinigami's point of view and the other from Ichigo's crew. In the manga it seems to have gone off way before they were detected, because Kenpachi was complaining about searching the whole night for them.

I think Aizen was fairly clear when and Gin postured in front of Hitsugaya as a result of the alarm. It got Gin out of the meeting that was grilling him about his confrontation with Ichigo at the gate. More importantly, it allowed Aizen and Gin to set off Hitsugaya's mistrust of Gin by implying Aizen was 'on to' Gin just before he's suspiciously murdered, leaving Hitsugaya to think Gin's behind it all. That alarm was, I find myself saying, just as planned.

I thought Kubo had only decided to make Aizen the villain after he killed him, so he couldn't have planned the alarm, right?  :huh:  Unless the "Kubo only made Aizen a villain after he killed him" is only a fan rumor. 

mpc-hc_nvo2014-07-0320-42-57-98-Coacutep

#58 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

I thought Kubo had only decided to make Aizen the villain after he killed him, so he couldn't have planned the alarm, right?  :huh:  Unless the "Kubo only made Aizen a villain after he killed him" is only a fan rumor. 

im not sure what your saying, but yet we all know aizen became the bad guy after he died.

But kubo always planned aizen to be the villian, its not like he was writing bleach and then just picked a random captain to be super evil, if thats what you mean.

uh soo aizen was always the bad guy, so anything he did during the SS arc was to further establish his plan to cause confusion and get the h-ball from rukia.

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#59 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

im not sure what your saying, but yet we all know aizen became the bad guy after he died.

But kubo always planned aizen to be the villian, its not like he was writing bleach and then just picked a random captain to be super evil, if thats what you mean.

uh soo aizen was always the bad guy, so anything he did during the SS arc was to further establish his plan to cause confusion and get the h-ball from rukia.

I remember Kubo mentioning Aizen not being the main villian, but it was decided mid-SS arc or sth like that.

Was it an interview? Was it a wrong information? Can't really remember.

#60 Ryuuhime

Ryuuhime

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

I remember Kubo mentioning Aizen not being the main villian, but it was decided mid-SS arc or sth like that.

Was it an interview? Was it a wrong information? Can't really remember.

I thought that too!

So it was a fan rumor, I knew it!  :angry:

I had read in quite a few places that Aizen was supposed to be just a captain who knew too much and got killed but Kubo decided to make him the villain after he had killed him off. That's the source of my confusion.

Edited by Ryuuhime, 16 March 2013 - 03:45 PM.

mpc-hc_nvo2014-07-0320-42-57-98-Coacutep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users