Gnag

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  • Locationis a word

User's Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

I'm fixing one too! Probably won't be done until closer to the deadline though. 

AND YEUS, ENTRIES.

This is also in bold. 

• The-Keeper likes this

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Magic

#42 lecaros

lecaros

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

to enter or to not enter

hmm >w>  <w<

edit: on a sidenote, good job on reviving the WSAC thread, guys~ I'll try my best to join whenever I haz free tiem

Edited by lecaros, 03 March 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#43 The-Keeper

The-Keeper

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

Some of us need a chance, Lecaros :C

Kidding. But the more entries we get the better!

#44 ishxallxgood

ishxallxgood

Bepo's Biggest Fangirl

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationTangled up in Doflamingo's Strings ♥

User's Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

There's a contradiction in the rules, if themes come out 4weeks in advance, meaning you have 4weeks to decided on what you wanna make, yet no old tags are allowed how does that work? Are you not allowed to upload the tag u made for the wsac until the week of the contest you're making it for?

tag made by me
Bepo_Law_Tag_zps4gscrahz.png

#45 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,169 posts
  • LocationOut on the Sea of Madness...

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Ishy, that would be it. If you are just randomly making tags and upload a bunch and then decide that one fits a contest, that's not allowed. But if you see a theme you like and want to work ahead on a tag and submit it when that theme is up, cool. I think it'll give people more incentive to enter when they know what the themes are ahead of time and can work on the ones they prefer rather than waiting to see if the theme is something that's of interest.

I think part of the intent behind no old tags is the prospect that the artist has gotten feedback and suggestions on how to improve the tag already rather than submit their work for the theme. I'm not saying they shouldn't get feedback, just that there is a fine line, especially for a contest, between submitting your own work and submitting your own work after it's already been peer-reviewed.

Okay, first pass at a list of suggested themes. Not necessarily to be in this order, but this is something to start with:

Suggested by Gnag and EGamerozo:
Color
Movement
Vector
Smudge
Stars (universe)
Video Games (too vague? or do specific game series -RF)
Fire Emblem

-------------

My list:

Rain
Shadows
monochrome / sepia-tone
Zodiac - Western and Chinese
Innocence
Break Away
Under the Rain
Flowers
Night
unrequited love
Eyes
Blood
Urban
Fairy Tale
Voodoo
Broken Mirror
Dragon
Mask
Sword
Egyptian
Moonlight
Wings
Upside Down
KAWAII DESU
Mecha
Ninja
Given Render
Kimono
Lost
Individual Colors (aka Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue, etc as the primary color)

Specific series (e.g. Naruto, OP, Bleach, FT, Noblesse, Gintama, etc.)

• lecaros likes this

Waiting for the Angels of Avalon.

Coeur de Feu - a storage site for my art, writings, and ramblings.
Coeur de Feu on Etsy - Yes, a place to sell my art.

#46 ishxallxgood

ishxallxgood

Bepo's Biggest Fangirl

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationTangled up in Doflamingo's Strings ♥

User's Awards

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

Well people get feedback and fox their tags for the wsac all the time... Especially I'd you submit early. So if you have 4 weeks to work on a tag submit it the day the contest opens then you still have a week to get feedback and tweak it. People cannot resist giving feedback. Just saying. So in theory that negates the whole"no old tags rule" if the point was typo not get feedback. Not that I'm trying to get rid of it or anything it just seems contradictory to me.

But thanks for clarifying that we are not allowed to upload the tags for the contest ahead of time. But just uncase your explanation gets rescind, if you do upload a tag you made 4 weeks on advanced and stated that you were making that tag specifically for the wsac would it still be considered an "old tag"? Cuz it's basically the same thing as if you just left it on your computer, only note others know of its existence, it doesn't make it any "newer". Just saying

tag made by me
Bepo_Law_Tag_zps4gscrahz.png

#47 EGamerozo

EGamerozo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

For anyone else who wants to enter:

I'll probably be making the voting thread in the next 20-22 hours from this post

And did we decide on the theme for the next 3 weeks already?

#48 Gnag

Gnag

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  • Locationis a word

User's Awards

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

Honestly, if we're gonna go with Rhyssa's list then I won't enter much. I'm not a fan of the themes. (no offence)

They may be great for traditional/digital art on a bigger canvas but I don't see them lining up with the WSAC.. 

Some of them are great but like, there are too many 

Edited by Gnag, 10 March 2013 - 02:26 AM.

#49 TheFireSage

TheFireSage

The King

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationThe Heavens

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Quick question. What is Fairy Tale, specifically? That's a broad term.

Edited by TheFireSage, 10 March 2013 - 12:09 PM.

v6Yo0h2.png

#50 EGamerozo

EGamerozo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Quick question. What is Fairy Tale, specifically? That's a broad term.

I would assume it means anything that is considered Fairy Tale.

#51 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

Honestly, if we're gonna go with Rhyssa's list then I won't enter much. I'm not a fan of the themes. (no offence)

They may be great for traditional/digital art on a bigger canvas but I don't see them lining up with the WSAC.. 

Some of them are great but like, there are too many 

Then suggest others, but if we are going to have a weekly contest, you need to have quite a few different themes and not repeat the same ones (or minor variations on the same themes) over and over again.

Why do you see some of the themes not working in a sig image yet being fine for a larger piece?  Why is "smudge" a valid theme option yet "rain" wouldn't be?  Or "movement" is fine but not "urban"?  I'm asking seriously here, too.  Plus planning the themes out further than just 4 weeks can only be a benefit, IMO.

I would assume it means anything that is considered Fairy Tale.

In this case, fairy tale would mean traditional ones, like Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, etc. versus the manga Fairy Tail, although that can be a separation theme as well if people want.

#52 EGamerozo

EGamerozo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Then suggest others, but if we are going to have a weekly contest, you need to have quite a few different themes and not repeat the same ones (or minor variations on the same themes) over and over again.

Why do you see some of the themes not working in a sig image yet being fine for a larger piece?  Why is "smudge" a valid theme option yet "rain" wouldn't be?  Or "movement" is fine but not "urban"?  I'm asking seriously here, too.  Plus planning the themes out further than just 4 weeks can only be a benefit, IMO.

In this case, fairy tale would mean traditional ones, like Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, etc. versus the manga Fairy Tail, although that can be a separation theme as well if people want.

yeah I thought as much, anyways I'm gonna go open the Voting thread now, could you lock and Move/delete the entry thread.

Edited by EGamerozo, 11 March 2013 - 12:05 AM.

#53 Gnag

Gnag

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  • Locationis a word

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

It's more of a personal preference I guess, just ignore my post, I don't really know what I was thinking at the time. v___v

Nest Theme:

Coming Soon(PM Gnag)

Why would they PM me, Eggo? o.o

Just chose a theme from Rhyssa's and our lists and paste the rest in a spoiler so people know what's coming later. I guess we'll just chose them in the order Rhyssa put them in the list. v__v

And $€@!][ I fell asleep before I could finish the DBZ tag I had. v__v

• EGamerozo likes this

#54 lecaros

lecaros

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

I think Rhyssa's list is pretty decent, although there are a tiny few on there that, some people might find hard to accomplish in making a tag of.
(since most base their tags on whatever stocks/renders/resources they could find)

as such, finding stocks/renders/resources for very specific subject or theme (such as Voodoo and Broken Mirror) might take a long time or to no avail, sometimes.

all in all, the list is decent, I don't disagree with any of it. just giving an insight on most gfxers' thoughts on this

----
and I would like to suggest a few themes, if I may :)

Vibrant Colors
Contrast
Rainbow (at least 4 colors in the tag)
Fractal
Sprites
Dystopia

Underwater
America
Japan
Typography
Quotes
Chibi
Real People
Music
Negative Space
Friendship
Ecchi / Smexy
From Scratch (use of any resource/stock/render is not allowed)
Inverse-Color Tags (I'm not sure about this, maybe participants will have to post 2 tags: original and inverse-color version? the inverse-color version will be put into the voting thread)

Edited by lecaros, 11 March 2013 - 03:10 AM.

• TheFireSage likes this

#55 Gnag

Gnag

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  • Locationis a word

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

I think Rhyssa's list is pretty decent, although there are a tiny few on there that, some people might find hard to accomplish in making a tag of.
(since most base their tags on whatever stocks/renders/resources they could find)

as such, finding stocks/renders/resources for very specific subject or theme (such as Voodoo and Broken Mirror) might take a long time or to no avail, sometimes.

all in all, the list is decent, I don't disagree with any of it. just giving an insight on most gfxers' thoughts on this

YES YES YES. I agree. 

These are fine, mixed them around a bit so no ones gets chosen last. (From the themes suggested my lecaros, Rhyssa, Gnag and Egamerozo.)

Spoiler

These are in my opinion not something that should be in the list..(see lecaros post if you wonder why. v__v) Which I also took of the list up there. 
Spoiler

It's a mix from what everyone wants and we'd have it set for like a year.. Let's just go with that?

Edited by Gnag, 11 March 2013 - 03:37 AM.

#56 EGamerozo

EGamerozo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Why would they PM me, Eggo? o.o

Just chose a theme from Rhyssa's and our lists and paste the rest in a spoiler so people know what's coming later. I guess we'll just chose them in the order Rhyssa put them in the list. v__v

ok then.

#57 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

The list as Gnag has it now looks good to me and FTR, I was never saying anyone had to take my list as gospel or in the order I put them.  I was just grabbing themes from several theme suggestions lists I have saved. 

• lecaros likes this

#58 Gnag

Gnag

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  • Locationis a word

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

Good good. ⌒.⌒

All set then.

#59 EGamerozo

EGamerozo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

If Anyone was wondering why, if you noticed >.>,  there was no WSAC for this week:

It was mostly my mistake, for not figuring out that we were deciding themes this new way, and not the old way where winner decides, so after next week's entries I'll fix this problem.

You may now mutilate me if you want.

#60 lecaros

lecaros

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

eh it's okay, no biggies.

so next up for the theme is Rain ?

EDIT: eh, I didn't notice it wrote Music there. my bad ._.

Edited by lecaros, 13 March 2013 - 08:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users