59 replies to this topic

#41 ddboy102

ddboy102

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

I assume Urahara doesn't tell her everything after all she was shocked to find out Ichigo had a hollow mask.

112498G8PPgRZY_zps99181ba6.jpg

#42 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Location...ascending the Stairway to the Sky.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

I assume Urahara doesn't tell her everything after all she was shocked to find out Ichigo had a hollow mask.

Urahara wasn't upfront with her, during TBtP, either. That's why she had to find out what was going on from Shinji. Of course, she might have caught on sooner, had she gotten off her *** to find out what he was up to, like when he was poking around in the Maggot's Nest, even though he was no longer had any jurisdiction there.

#43 Milareppa

Milareppa

Sugarholic

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

Urahara wasn't upfront with her, during TBtP, either. That's why she had to find out what was going on from Shinji. Of course, she might have caught on sooner, had she gotten off her *** to find out what he was up to, like when he was poking around in the Maggot's Nest, even though he was no longer had any jurisdiction there.

That or she wasn't concerned about his visit to Maggot's Nest because she already knew what he was up to. Her revelation that she knew what was going on, judging by Urahara's reaction to it, suggested that she knew everything. We don't know when she found out, and she did not say she found out from Shinji, she said she knew all about the conversation Shinji and Urahara had (and what conversation that was is still a mystery leaving what those two knew about Aizen up in the air as well), but it's entirely possible she wasn't bothered by Maggot's Nest because she understood what was going on rather than because she was too lazy to care.

Edited by Milareppa, 02 March 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#44 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

Worm of a Man

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,620 posts
  • LocationGotham

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Well, Yoruichi wasn't at Urahara's so where else could she have been?

Her own place?  :rly:

6HCLCEL.png

#45 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Her own place?  :rly:

So, for 100 years, no one noticed she was still living in her own damn house? In Seireitei?

#guidokensei

#46 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

Worm of a Man

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,620 posts
  • LocationGotham

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

So, for 100 years, no one noticed she was still living in her own damn house? In Seireitei?

I meant her own place in Karakura. Or, she could have lived with the Visored.

It probably would have been too dangerous for Yoruichi to travel back-and-forth from/to Soul Society.

6HCLCEL.png

#47 Milareppa

Milareppa

Sugarholic

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Judging by the kind of items we saw in the cave under the Soukyoku that Yoruichi healed Ichigo in during the Soul Society arc, it looked like the place was well-equipped for sustaining someone. There was even a sword sitting in the background that stands a very good chance of being Yoruichi's zanpakutou, and her clothes were stored there as well. If Yoruichi was sneaking around Soul Society for a century, that cave was probably her base of operations.

#48 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Judging by the kind of items we saw in the cave under the Soukyoku that Yoruichi healed Ichigo in during the Soul Society arc, it looked like the place was well-equipped for sustaining someone. There was even a sword sitting in the background that stands a very good chance of being Yoruichi's zanpakutou, and her clothes were stored there as well. If Yoruichi was sneaking around Soul Society for a century, that cave was probably her base of operations.

Problem: If that was her base that means she could get into and out of Seireitei undetected. If she could do that then why did they need to use Kuukaku's canon to break into Seireitei?

#guidokensei

#49 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

I want the Mouretsu movie nao!

• Moderators
  • 2,392 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

My ears peak up when someone chats about Yoruichi. Just kidding. :P

Well, we still don't know whether the Four Great Houses don't have ways of leaving Soul Society that aren't watched.

Anyway, given that Yoruichi's family never lost prestige, no one ever heard about what really happened.

Mila, if is Yoruichi's zanpakuto, and I'm inclined to believe it is, why doesn't she even carry it with her? It comes back to this same point at all times. Do you think that she lost her pride as a shinigami and that's why she no longer even carries it? That's what I think at this point. She didn't even carry it to use against Aizen, so there has to be some massive reason. However, perhaps we will find out at some point now that we're getting the Isshin Gaiden.

Problem: If that was her base that means she could get into and out of Seireitei undetected. If she could do that then why did they need to use Kuukaku's canon to break into Seireitei?

It could be that, or it could be that she can only use it to transport herself.

Anyway, the Nakama don't have hell butterflies in the first place, so don't forget about that. Although later on, it would appear that Ichigo does as Isshin told him to open up the Senkaimon.

ZVig3ro.png

#50 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

It could be that, or it could be that she can only use it to transport herself.

What an extremely specific plot device. The good ol' "It only carries one"

#guidokensei

#51 Milareppa

Milareppa

Sugarholic

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

The indication from the first moment she appeared in Soul Society was that she could come and go undetected. She turned up at Urahara's heralding the coming of Byakuya and Renji. The implication is that she'd been moving around Soul Society in cat form. I don't think the issue with using Kuukaku's cannon was Yoruichi at all, it was Ichigo's group, especially after Ichigo accidentally triggered the Seireitei walls (or should I say the Royal Realm walls).

When Yoruichi found herself separated from Ichigo's group after they broke into Seireitei, she concluded that things would work out better this way. No-one in Seireitei knew she was in the city until she appeared in human form on the bridge to Rukia's prison, so she does seem more than capable of moving around Seireitei undetected when in cat form.

Mila, if is Yoruichi's zanpakuto, and I'm inclined to believe it is, why doesn't she even carry it with her?

At the time the sword was shown, she'd been spending most of her time in cat form, both in Seireitei and in the living world. Given that no-one knew her whereabouts for a century and it was strongly indicated she'd been off the front lines for a century, she could have spent a lot of time in cat form, especially since she forgot about clothing when first transforming back. She clearly can't take clothes with her when she transforms between human and cat form, so I don't think she could carry her sword if cat form is going to be needed.

As to why she didn't use the zanpakutou against Aizen, well, that's anyone's guess. However, my theory is that the trio seemed to have a very specific plan of action: Urahara's kidou flexibility combined with his shikai, Isshin's raw power and Getsuga Tenshou, and Yoruichi's shunkou appeared to be the main abilities planned for in that fight. It may have been that Yoruichi using a third sword would not have added anything that two swords were already bringing whereas shunkou could add something extra. Especially since it looks suspiciously like the three were deliberately trying to force his power to develop rather than genuinely trying to stop him.

Do you think that she lost her pride as a shinigami and that's why she no longer even carries it? That's what I think at this point.

My theory is that it's mostly about personality and style accompanied by a period where she spent most time in cat form where she couldn't have carried the sword around with her anyway. I also think it's a question of holding back. If a time comes where her shunkou, hakuda and shunkou isn't good enough alone, her sword will come out. For all we know, Yoruichi and Urahara could be in an Ikkaku and Yumichika style situation: Ikkaku's hiding bankai but Yumichika goes one step further and even hides shikai. Urahara's confirmed his bankai is rather situational in terms of when it can be used, perhaps Yoruichi's shikai is as well.

Almost anything can be a theory at this point.

Edited by Milareppa, 02 March 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#52 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Maybe her Zanpakutou was broken and she wasn't able to fix it. That would explain why she didn't even use it against Aizen.

• dageo18 likes this

#53 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

Worm of a Man

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,620 posts
  • LocationGotham

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Maybe her Zanpakutou was broken and she wasn't able to fix it. That would explain why she didn't even use it against Aizen.

With Urahara's intellect, he could have easily modified it, at the very least. That also doesn't account for the Shikai of Yoruichi's Zanpakuto, which wouldn't have been permanently affected.

6HCLCEL.png

#54 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

I don't know, if Urahara could have fixed Ichigo's Zanpakutou, then why go to the RG?

Yuroichi hasn't used her Zan, which implies she can't use her shikai

#55 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Modify=/=fix

Fixing it severely weakens it and modifying it changes the form.

#guidokensei

#56 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

How do you modify a zanpakutou that is broken except by fixing it first so that it's usable? Urahara may be able to modify, but he'd have to fix it first to make the modification useful (and he can't fix Zans, otherwise Ichigo could just go to him instead)

#57 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

I want the Mouretsu movie nao!

• Moderators
  • 2,392 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

At the time the sword was shown, she'd been spending most of her time in cat form, both in Seireitei and in the living world. Given that no-one knew her whereabouts for a century and it was strongly indicated she'd been off the front lines for a century, she could have spent a lot of time in cat form, especially since she forgot about clothing when first transforming back. She clearly can't take clothes with her when she transforms between human and cat form, so I don't think she could carry her sword if cat form is going to be needed.

That's fair. The clothing loss is an issue and you're right that she doesn't seem to be able to carry things around, although as your zanpakuto is part of your soul, I still think that she should be able to carry it around.

As to why she didn't use the zanpakutou against Aizen, well, that's anyone's guess. However, my theory is that the trio seemed to have a very specific plan of action: Urahara's kidou flexibility combined with his shikai, Isshin's raw power and Getsuga Tenshou, and Yoruichi's shunkou appeared to be the main abilities planned for in that fight. It may have been that Yoruichi using a third sword would not have added anything that two swords were already bringing whereas shunkou could add something extra. Especially since it looks suspiciously like the three were deliberately trying to force his power to develop rather than genuinely trying to stop him.

I can agree with your idea about the three pronged attack, but having her zanpakuto might have allowed her to block strikes from Aizen that she couldn't normally on her own. Admittedly, Yoruichi appears to desire to evade attacks instead of blocking them and even yells at Urahara because his Arrancar-armor broke and she was potentially put at risk instead of just evading the attack. I still can't see how she wouldn't be better off carrying it around, however, even if she doesn't want to use her shikai or bankai.

As to your last comment, that's a curious situation. I don't know whether or not they were attempting to cause him to level up.

My theory is that it's mostly about personality and style accompanied by a period where she spent most time in cat form where she couldn't have carried the sword around with her anyway. I also think it's a question of holding back. If a time comes where her shunkou, hakuda and shunkou isn't good enough alone, her sword will come out. For all we know, Yoruichi and Urahara could be in an Ikkaku and Yumichika style situation: Ikkaku's hiding bankai but Yumichika goes one step further and even hides shikai. Urahara's confirmed his bankai is rather situational in terms of when it can be used, perhaps Yoruichi's shikai is as well.

Almost anything can be a theory at this point.

I can accept that idea of her personality and that she spent so long in cat form. However, we do know that as a Captain, Yoruichi did carry her zanpakuto around, even though it wasn't in war time.

I will grant that a lot of Bleach characters do like to hold back. When exactly will more of an appropriate time than fighting Aizen be to use her zanpakuto? It's not as if her shunko, hakuda, or shunpo was going to really avail her against him.

That is an idea, but then Ikkaku and Yumichika wouldn't be unique in their relationship.

ZVig3ro.png

#58 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

How do you modify a zanpakutou that is broken except by fixing it first so that it's usable? Urahara may be able to modify, but he'd have to fix it first to make the modification useful (and he can't fix Zans, otherwise Ichigo could just go to him instead)

Mayuri's "fixed" bankai had lost all of its blades and almost all of its ability to attack. Besides, we don't know what kind of modifications can be made. Mayuri's was biological and suited to his own bankai.

#guidokensei

#59 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

Mayuri said akon just barely pieced together ikkakus broken bankai and that its no where near what it was before. He also didnt say that akon did a bad job or that he could have fixed it, mayuri seems to have a good amount of respect for akon so we can assume mayuri could have restored a bit more power but hes just as lost. And even though urahara gets a lot of hype hes not leagues above mayuri in intelligence and urahara does not have a huge laboratory  he might have made some kind of device like whatever the royal realm has seeing how hes copied everything else so far, but they made a point of saying the royal guard is the only way to fix bankai.

so if yourichis bankai is broken urahara might have fixed it but its most likely very weak and maybe yourichis sword was very much like soi-fons shikai, where its just a really good ability added onto her hand to hand focused style, so she figured she would just go ahead and not use the sword.

but i doubt she just has a bankai level sword that sits around, even if she does not like it like soi-fon its a huge boost in power, theres really no reason not to use it.

harahitunnel-tigaer.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes

#60 TheBerylfly

TheBerylfly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

Or maybe she just prefers hand-to-hand? Maybe her sword is something that horribly hinders her usual fighting style (like kidou sword you can only use standing still at a long distance from your opponent)

Another theory I support is that Yoruichi's transformation is her shikai ability, and somehow (maybe Urahara's experiments? maybe he transplanted the pieces of her zanpakutou under her skin lol) she manages to use that ability bypassing the usage of actual blade and shikai command

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users