Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

I don't understand it either. :derp:

Maybe it's the character design.. Bach looks kinda like a homeless guy.

I also don't like the name "Juha", it's a Finnish name and I'm Finnish so it sound really boring name to me, idk, he's like a grumpy Finnish/German drunkard or something. I can't take him seriously..

Not the first time a german with a mustache who called his country *reich* gets underestimated....:)

• Bunny153539 likes this

qq4r.gif

#22 Milareppa

Milareppa

Sugarholic

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

It sounds like Cymraeg to me, so it would be pronounced Eh-ooach.
oo like in food.
Ch, the sound when you breath out deep down your throat. Not sure if this even exists in english.

Fake Welsh, at any rate. But, yes, the Welsh alphabet is what I was using to try and pronounce it, too. I wouldn't use the same phonetic descriptions you used, however, but I gave up trying to explain Welsh pronunciation over the Internet a long time ago. The Welsh 'ch' sound is the same as the Scottish 'loch'. That's a good example to use because 'loch' gets used as an example of the 'ch' sound a lot to English-speakers, so it's a familiar translation example.

Edited by Milareppa, 10 January 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#23 Deathkingdome

Deathkingdome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationViking Nation

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

More appropriate in this thread 

I´m starting to see parallels between Juha Bach and Madara. Juha might be the first quincy, and he felt betrayed by the other quincies so he left. He engineered the massacre 200 years ago to take revenge on the quincies, and take control over the rest of them. Yeah it´s the shinigami who killed the quincies but he could have manipulated the quincies into provoking the shinigami to go to full war against the quincies through his agents with the other quincies. 

#24 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Madara wasn't exactly the first Uchiha though. Hmm but I don't think that Kubo will play it like that.. I mean he could but it would realy be a bit to close to Naruto. It's still confuseing who those quincys don't seem to age but the *good* quincies we know all do.

Plus without the shinigami, wouldn't the world get destroyed by an unbalance of the souls or sth like that?

qq4r.gif

#25 Milareppa

Milareppa

Sugarholic

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

It's still confuseing who those quincys don't seem to age but the *good* quincies we know all do.

We don't know that's the case. We don't know how (or if) Juhabach has aged over the past thousand years. We certainly don't know anything about the other Vandenreich members in terms of aging or how long they've been alive. We also know nothing about Souken and Ryuuken in terms of age. Souken was always seen through Uryuu's memories, so he's always been an old man. Well, Yamamoto's always been an old man in the story, too, until recent flashbacks (where he was middle-aged and the time period was a good 1,000-2,000 years ago). How long did Souken live for? We have no idea.

And then there's Ryuuken who we've seen in both the current time period and in flashbacks to years before the storyline when Uryuu was very young. Between the flashbacks and the current period, Ryuuken hasn't changed a bit. His features have remained youthful and his hair has (unhelpfully, but suspiciously symbolic given the quincy connection to the colour white) always been white (the anime changed his hair colour in the flashbacks to brown but in the manga, his hair has always been white). So, how old is Ryuuken? Does he age like  a normal human? We don't know.

In short, we have no idea if quincies age like normal humans. Uryuu has aged at a normal pace for a human child, but that tells us nothing about whether his aging would suddenly change when he hit adulthood or whether it's a sign quincies all age at a normal human rate.

That's also ignoring the possibility that any (or even most) of the quincies we've seen could have been spirits rather than living humans, in which case, aging (as with all spirits so far seen) probably wouldn't be normal living human aging.

• Scorpion2k4u and Doug the Reaper 2 like this

#26 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

hmm that's true, I wonder if they can stay young when they kill hollows or as long as they identify with the quincy. Would be a bummer if they couldn't somehow control it because they would see everyone they know die of old age like that.

I hope kishi at one point explains it to us.

qq4r.gif

#27 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Because of the way Blut works, it could potentially stop them from aging.

Other than that, they should age normally.

Halo_zps44c0749c.jpg

#28 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

isn't blut just hardening the body though?

qq4r.gif

#29 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

isn't blut just hardening the body though?

There seem to be three kinds of Blut: the general technique "Blut", Blut Vene, and Blut Arterie.

Just having the general ability enabled repairs any damage to the body. Blut Vene makes the skin impenetrable and increases durability, like a Hierro that can be switched on and off. Blut Arterie, in mostly unknown ways, increases attacking power. We've seen the effect of Blut Arterie on Opie's Hielig Pfiel, but other than that the technique hasn't been showcased much.

Halo_zps44c0749c.jpg

#30 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

hmm intresting but normaly such techniques rather shorten your lifespan in mangas... I wonder what Juha's plans are right now. Because giving SS time to react doesn't seem to be a great strategy he worked 1000 years on.

qq4r.gif

#31 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

The last thing he said was "We'll wait for the RG to make their move"

I doubt making a 10 second visit to Seiretei was "their move" so we'll probably be waiting until the point where they go back to help rebuild Seiretei before Yhwach does anything again.

Halo_zps44c0749c.jpg

#32 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

I wonder how they will know when the RG did their move.

qq4r.gif

#33 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

The same way they knew Yamamoto had lost his arm and refused to let Orihime heal it: Surveillance and observation.

Halo_zps44c0749c.jpg

#34 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

Worm of a Man

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationGotham

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

The same way they knew Yamamoto had lost his arm and refused to let Orihime heal it: Surveillance and observation.

Yeah, but that's not exactly an explanation by itself (as the "how" would be ambiguous/uncertain). I'm thinking there's been a mole within the Gotei 13, possibly Ukitake, Mayuri, and/or one of the three Visored Captains (yes, there I go again with evil conspiracies).  B)

• Kenichi Fujiyoshi likes this

6HCLCEL.png

#35 SirAsterisk

SirAsterisk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Yeah, but that's not exactly an explanation by itself (as the "how" would be ambiguous/uncertain). I'm thinking there's been a mole within the Gotei 13, possibly Ukitake, Mayuri, and/or one of the three Visored Captains (yes, there I go again with evil conspiracies).  B)

It's been Chad this entire time.

Been acting weak to get on the ground so he could observe battles and talk into a mic to report without anyone noticing.

• Kenichi Fujiyoshi, Clyde and uchiha jinrai like this

#36 ddboy102

ddboy102

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

its Ukitake remember his comment about how no one could replace Yami-ji.

also I bet he killed Kyoraku and is using Aizen's KS to pretend to be Kyoraku.

kinda like the plot of Saint Seyia.

Edited by ddboy102, 14 January 2013 - 10:41 PM.

24212347tb82oN3B.png

#37 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Yeah, but that's not exactly an explanation by itself (as the "how" would be ambiguous/uncertain). I'm thinking there's been a mole within the Gotei 13, possibly Ukitake, Mayuri, and/or one of the three Visored Captains (yes, there I go again with evil conspiracies).   B)

Based on Luder's comment about observing the angle of entry to Seiretei, it sounds like the VR can use their "shadow steps" to travel near Soul Society's dimension, but not enter it.

It would be a feature similar to how the Ulquiorra used Descorrer to make TV screens and show Orihime her allies fighting.

Halo_zps44c0749c.jpg

#38 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

Worm of a Man

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationGotham

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Obviously, Ukitake meant that no one could replace Yamamoto except for him. And, of course, I find it too suspicious for one of the most experienced and strongest Captains to possess the one key ability capable of countering Quincy arrows. That's not even accounting for Ukitake's Bankai, which is bound to be greatly superior to the Shikai. I figure once we learn more about Ginjou and the history of the Substitute Shinigami Badge, Ukitake will be revealed as a plant/traitor. Just wait, Kubo's hoping we'll forget about this epic panel of Eviltake.

Based on Luder's comment about observing the angle of entry to Seiretei, it sounds like the VR can use their "shadow steps" to travel near Soul Society's dimension, but not enter it.

It would be a feature similar to how the Ulquiorra used Descorrer to make TV screens and show Orihime her allies fighting.

It's an interesting comparison and explanation, but I'll wait to see more of that "Schatten Bereich" ability before coming to such a conclusion. Not to mention, observing preoccupied Shinigami in Karakura Town is a lot easier than spying on a whole city of Shinigami without anyone noticing.

6HCLCEL.png

#39 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

As ridiculous as that is, Ouetsu just opened up the possibility of activating another shinigami's shikai

It's an interesting comparison and explanation, but I'll wait to see more of that "Schatten Bereich" ability before coming to such a conclusion. Not to mention, observing preoccupied Shinigami in Karakura Town is a lot easier than spying on a whole city of Shinigami without anyone noticing.

I think Schatten Bereich is a place rather than an ability. The shadows they use to travel haven't been named.

Halo_zps44c0749c.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users