• Please log in to reply
1236 replies to this topic

#21 Genobreaker

Genobreaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth, 00 was one of the best plots I have ever seen, add that with characters and the awesome fight scenes I don't see why 00 gets as much heat as it done nowadays. Sestuna is like my all time favorite Gundam character by far and I LOVED 00 Riaser and Exia, plus the whole Trans-AM concept

Maybe because of the movie. For me loved 00, but wished they never made that movie. 

#22 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

It all depends on who you are talking to about Gundam 00. 

Seeing as we don't live in a perfect world we can deduce that all series aren't going to be liked by every fan (or viewer) in the world.

As I already stated the ending for the 2nd Season wasn't something that I liked as much as the 1st Season ending. 

One of the things that I didn't at the end of the 2nd Season was the mass cloning of the red haired Innovator to make suicide attacks on the enemy vessels.

Mass producing an Innovator by the thousands is taking things a little too far in my opinion.

Had Ribbons instead kept the cloning procedure at the limit of no more than 10 clones and upgraded their fighting skills, then I definitely would enjoy the ending more.  

As for Gundam Wing (GW) comparisons to Gundam 00 goes, GW could have done a better job of giving background stories about the Gundam pilots and other characters had Gundam Zero got animated. 

Some fans say watching Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz can help with resolving some background information on the main characters, which is true to an extent.

But the sad truth of unclear background stories of main and secondary characters still remains to be only to be seen in manga's.

Examples:

1) Trinton Bloom relationship to Catherine Bloom.

2) Wufei wife (Meilan) that died protecting the colony they lived on; which, in turn explains the reason why Wufei calls Shenlong Gundam by Nataku. And it also explains Wufei obsession about not picking on the weak and fighting for Peace in the world.     

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#23 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

00 is definitely better written. But I like Wing more. Probably due to nostalgia points.

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#24 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,517 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

http://www.animenews...anga-adaptation

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#25 skyguy

skyguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

Sorry havn't been on here for awile so don't know if it's been brought up already. Have any of you heard about the new gundam 1/144 series thats coming out? Official announcemnt will be on July 2nd or so. Possible new series or a tie in ova with a game. People are theorizing from the pic that was on sunrise's site that its going to be like the gunpla builders anime. Just wanted to know what onemanga's thoughts where on the topic.

http://gundam-bf.net/

Attached Files

Edited by skyguy, 17 June 2013 - 06:30 PM.

14y8k1e.gif

DANGUARD ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,800 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Sweet Mother of Aizen! The Prophetess has returned!

You do Gundam models? Nice.

It seems they are readapting the manga too often now. Maybe the creators have hit a rut like Star Trek has.

Actually it would be nice if they did make a remake they would bring some of the science up-to-date and alter the story to acknowledge those changes.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 17 June 2013 - 06:50 PM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#27 skyguy

skyguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Sweet Mother of Aizen! The Prophetess has returned!

You do Gundam models? Nice.

It seems they are readapting the manga too often now. Maybe the creators have hit a rut like Star Trek has.

Actually it would be nice if they did make a remake they would bring some of the science up-to-date and alter the story to acknowledge those changes.

Yes, i'm mostly on /m/ now a days. Havn't been on here in a long time, and i see it was changed up alot. Yes I make gundam models and other series models. Not sure if people follow denbal senki, but the "gundam bf" or "gundam 1/144" is supposidly supposed to be like that show. But at this point its all speculation until july.

14y8k1e.gif

#28 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,780 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

Sorry havn't been on here for awile so don't know if it's been brought up already. Have any of you heard about the new gundam 1/144 series thats coming out? Official announcemnt will be on July 2nd or so. Possible new series or a tie in ova with a game. People are theorizing from the pic that was on sunrise's site that its going to be like the gunpla builders anime. Just wanted to know what onemanga's thoughts where on the topic.

http://gundam-bf.net/

I remember you =O Nice to see you again!

This is the first time I'm hearing about this, the Gundam thread hasn't been too active recently (The most active threads in this section are the SnK, Gargantia, Valvrave and Toonami threads XD ) But this looks real to me TBH and I like the design for this Gundam...I was waiting for a new series...Hopefully this will be better than AGE and more similar to Wing or 00 in terms of plot, characters and action

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#29 skyguy

skyguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

Gundam BF announcement happening right now on their site. http://gundam-bf.net/

Yay!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by skyguy, 01 July 2013 - 10:47 PM.

• Tokoya and FrostyMouse like this

14y8k1e.gif

#30 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,164 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

I can't say I like the look of the protagonist, although his Gundam has the rather traditional look.  The wings and the back seem a tad inspired by Code Geass, but in the end, it's really hard to say.  It's just that it reminded me of the Float System of Code Geass.

ilhd1c.jpg

#31 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

So I was right about it being something akin to Gunpla Builders?

Here's some things from ANN. Probably some of what's on Gundaminfo but easier to read for some.

http://www.animenews...iere-in-october.

The trailer actually makes me reconsider it being the Gunpla builder series and makes this new series more like Gundam meets Angelic Layer/Busou Shinki

• Tokoya and Ren-san like this

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#32 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

The first episode or something of Gunpla builders

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#33 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,780 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

This looks interesting...A gundam series without countries at war with each other

The trailer reminded me of Beyblade at first but this will be fun to watch, I can't wait to see what goes down in this....Fall is starting to look promising :)

The first episode or something of Gunpla builders

Is this new or old?

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#34 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

This looks interesting...A gundam series without countries at war with each other

The trailer reminded me of Beyblade at first but this will be fun to watch, I can't wait to see what goes down in this....Fall is starting to look promising :)

Is this new or old?

It's newish and old.

http://myanimelist.n...ers_Beginning_G

As for the new show coming out, I do believe someone is going to have a Gunpla based off SD Gundam.

• Tokoya likes this

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#35 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

http://www.animenews...dam-zz-tv-anime

Japanese animation studio Sunrise announced at Anime Expo on Saturday that Daisuki will stream the Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ television anime series.

This 47-episode sequel to Mobile Suit Z Gundam, which is also streaming on Daisuki, aired in 1986-1987. The show was the third Gundam television series that franchise creator and director Yoshiyuki Tomino oversaw. While Bandai Entertainment previously released the first two Gundam television series (Mobile Suit Gundam and Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam) in English in North America, Bandai Entertainment never released Gundam ZZ.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#36 skyguy

skyguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

http://www.animenews...dam-zz-tv-anime

Japanese animation studio Sunrise announced at Anime Expo on Saturday that Daisuki will stream the Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ television anime series.

This 47-episode sequel to Mobile Suit Z Gundam, which is also streaming on Daisuki, aired in 1986-1987. The show was the third Gundam television series that franchise creator and director Yoshiyuki Tomino oversaw. While Bandai Entertainment previously released the first two Gundam television series (Mobile Suit Gundam and Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam) in English in North America, Bandai Entertainment never released Gundam ZZ.

Wasn't there some english version made in the philippines? Are they going to be streaming that version? Or a a new dub? Or just subs.

14y8k1e.gif

#37 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Not sure, it doesn't really say what version other then it will be streaming ZZ.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#38 skyguy

skyguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

Not sure, it doesn't really say what version other then it will be streaming ZZ.

Well thanks anyways. Even though i don't care much for ZZ it's still nice to see that people care enough to stream it.

Masi was cool in her gelgoog even if she was only in there for one episode, she still gave me the satisfaction of watching the team zz brats get their butts kicked

Spoiler

14y8k1e.gif

#39 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

I just hated the ZZ team because they seemed to treat it like a game at times, all of them. But I do think more Bright slaps happened in Z and ZZ then in MSG.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#40 skyguy

skyguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

I just hated the ZZ team because they seemed to treat it like a game at times, all of them. But I do think more Bright slaps happened in Z and ZZ then in MSG.

Beecha and mondo were just too annoying. Didn't get punished enough for all the crap they pulled. And making beecha the captain of the ship was a horrible idea, should have just let torres do it. I didn't really have too much a problem with elle, llino and roux. Judau was annoying at the start but eventually wasnt as bad.

I think the main reason i don't care about them is that i liked the crew in zeta who fought hard for their beliefs to better earth and space, and even ended up dieing for it, and then in zz we get a crew of kids who join up to make money.

14y8k1e.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users