Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationBeyond Infinity

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

"I am all fired up"

It's official people, and I have nothing to say.

Edit: Finish it, not as bad as I expected, though Erza's case on the other hand...

Edited by Jeral Fernandes, 01 March 2013 - 05:26 AM.

auJZmWF.png

#3 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

I am cum

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationGMT + 8

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

As I suspected, we'll be having 36 pages next week.

Mashima doesn't give a **** about the games anymore. :lolxg:

EqOCIZN.gif

#4 Oben

Oben

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

Sigh...

Come on, this can't have been all - even against Jellal Jura showed more.

And the others are getting stomped as well, it's getting boring.

#5 gedyon

gedyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

Hey that actually wasn't too bad. Just wished for one huge large scale destructive attack but whatevs. Shit was actually tight without mention about doing this for the guild. Laxus I'm impressed and Jura...you still ma dawg homie but I expected more.

Edited by gedyon, 01 March 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#6 Sage Naruto16

Sage Naruto16

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Not one mention of nakama power/PoF. I'm truly surprised Hiro. Laxus was a fucking beast though. Even Makarov was extremely shocked at his power.

Edited by Sage Naruto16, 01 March 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#7 Drago

Drago

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Oh god, that smile on Jura's face. It just screams "I'M TAKING A DIVE HERE. DON'T MIND ME." Seriously, he didn't even look very hurt.

• Shiroi, Lone_ant and dageo18 like this

#8 Gazhead

Gazhead

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationLao G

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

haha

Spoiler

Akainu talking reckless

#9 vansonbee

vansonbee

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

What this? Erza didn't even tap energy from her second origin or for anther matter, she has second origin???

#10 Sage Naruto16

Sage Naruto16

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

It also looks like the GMGs are ending next chapter. We're going to get 36 pages. Fucking nice!!!

#11 Mike De

Mike De

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

I don't care what anyone says, this is why I read Fairy Tail. I absolutely love the nakama power ups. He has made FT so likable that I never want to see them lose. Can't wait for next week!

#12 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

I am cum

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationGMT + 8

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

Minerva better raise the white flag.. or risk being embarrassed. :lolxg:

EqOCIZN.gif

#13 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 905 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

I like that in a chapter titled Laxus vs Jura less than half of the chapter was about them fight... makes a lot of sense...

Seriously, the whole chapter should have been just the two of them fighting. It was the most interesting thing going on. Just the two of them using their best magic beating the crap out of each other like back in the Laxus arc when it was just him fighting Natsu. What we got here just wasn't enough. Maybe the anime will add more to it but I don't know. It was just so disappointing. I mean I didn't care who won I just wanted an interesting fight is all.

And once again Erza wins just because. Seriously, it is basically a copy/past of her battle with Azuma. Her being out of magic and can't move then suddenly she can because. I really can't stand her character, or how Mashima uses her is maybe a better way of putting I guess. I don't think the series will fall into ruin if he doesn't have her in ever single chapter, but oh well. It was just so annoying that she had more focus in a chapter where it was supposed to be about Jura and Laxus. Anyway, just bring on the dragons. I'm finished with this tournament now.

Also to those who called the "surprise ending" that the princess is waiting for being that no one is FT loses the match, good call. That is what's going to happen.

ec is my hero

#14 nyamad

nyamad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

Laxus: im getting fired up was an epic facepalm moment
Jura got owned by roaring thunder, so it isn't hard to believe that star destruction would whoop his ass as well.
Erza owned Kagura without using second origin. No wonder it was appropriate for Natsu>Erza, she was still in pre-ts mode.
Gray and Juvia comment Bout full power, but Juvia has already unleashed a second origin attack.
Thoughts for next week
Minerva gets one shotted
Gray and Juvia unison raid Lyon and Chelia
Sting finally comes out and starts bragging
He then gets owned (though I rather have him coming and owning everyone with his new PoF).
Ft wins
Princess is like fml, that future person was right
Arcadios comes in and asks her if she was lying.
Natsu n co escapes. They meet with jellal n co.
Begins operation kill 10k dragon.

#15 Gazhead

Gazhead

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationLao G

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

stoked that Laxus is the strongest human mage now. gildartz who?

Spoiler

Akainu talking reckless

#16 Sage Naruto16

Sage Naruto16

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

Also, Ooba's WTF face when Laxus uppercut Jura was priceless. :lol:

fairy-tail-3952051.jpg

#17 Mike De

Mike De

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

I don't understand why everyone is complaining about nakama power. It's Chapter 321, you should all know who FT does things by now hahah

#18 gedyon

gedyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

This puts things in perspective for me in the Jellal vs Laxus debate. Before this I was conclusively Jellal > Laxus. But now I only believe Jellal is stronger than Laxus if he can land one of his monster attacks on him otherwise Laxus is a bit stronger. Either way I really wished we could see more feats from Jura. Relieved and disappointed at this fight and hope we get back to Jellal soon. He really needs feats since the Tower of Heaven.

• Shiroi likes this

#19 Mike De

Mike De

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

This puts things in perspective for me in the Jellal vs Laxus debate. Before this I was conclusively Jellal > Laxus. But now I only believe Jellal is stronger than Laxus if he can land one of his monster attacks on him otherwise Laxus is a bit stronger. Either way I really wished we could see more feats from Jura. Relieved and disappointed at this fight and hope we get back to Jellal soon. He really needs feats since the Tower of Heaven.

Jellal is likely to have second origin, so gotta keep that in mind. I really think it's hard to rank FT characters. It all depends on what each one is fighting for really  ^_^

• Shiroi likes this

#20 Pervisum

Pervisum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

RANT. RANT. RANT. RANT.

Ugh, I am not amused. Terrible chapter, terrible conclusion to a terrible fight and really, a terrible arc. This arc had potential (although honestly, not as much as Tenrou) but plummeted extremely badly. I for one am finding Fairy Tail's attitude pugnacious and annoying, friendship and bonds aren't something that should be glorified to make up for lazy writing (not going to call it bad writing as contrary to what recent haters think, Mashima has had numerous occasions of great writing)! In fact, it's not the friends itself but the mindset of which to protect your friends, which I could support, but seriously, friends come and go, just like the 7 year timeskip showed as not all members of the guild stayed. Laxus winning was just ugh. Portray him as a beast as much as you want, defeating #5 Wizard Saint is disgusting. Should have just made Jura the weakest out of them.

No, Erza, you do not stand on a broken foot, no, you don't suddenly release your second origin as if you had it hidden that entire time. Does that mean she took on 100 monsters without the second origin? And Minerva is getting plot induced stupidity as I expected, which is hardly believable. The fact she can now show she can create explosions, she's basically become Azuma except not limited to trees and hence, much better. Erza frankly should not be hitting her as she could simply teleport away. The sad thing is, this is what people wanted! There was absolutely no foreshadowing to this armour and though there usually never is, this becomes a problem as it's "an even stronger" armour, from what we already thought was Armuda. Minerva gets added to the list with Kagura, Azuma, Cobra and Ikaruga, except this case is even worse, or at the very least as bad as it was with Azuma. No Hiro, no! These fights aren't interesting. Frankly, Erza vs Midnight is the best out of her fights against tougher opponents, despite being the shortest (or equal in length), because it actually showed off Erza's intelligence, which is rare in Fairy Tail battles. I like Erza, but I don't like her fights any more.

As for Gray and Jubia, it's probably going to be unison raid. Frankly, the anime has already done that and though the Daphne arc was utter poop, the unison raid actually looked good, so not caring there. Though I find it funny how their teamwork is being used as an excuse, despite the fact Gray and Jubia are getting mopped on the floor. 

I understand Mashima likes to create the situation of where the main characters overcome impossible odds, but this is becoming redundant. I can accept it once an arc, twice, maybe thrice, but was there a single fight in Day 5 that didn't include nakama bullocks or one-shotting someone? This whole arc is basically explained in that, sans Lucy vs Flare. I'm sad to say that the best fight this arc was Lucy vs Flare or Kagura vs Yukino which though both were good, where no where near Fairy Tail's best fights. 

Edit: And before people are like, why are you hating on friendship, FT is always about that, this manga is not for you, no! I've already got the English volumes, it's too late to take my money back (lol just kidding). This manga is for me, lol. I'm only complaining about it because Mashima has taken it to extremely silly lengths, I've had no problems with it until the latter half of Tenrou Island, not because of the friendship itself, but because Mashima misses so many great opportunities in regards to solidify the notion of friendship we've seen a hundred times before. Many people say Fairy Tail is predictable because they always win, but in my opinion, it's unpredictable. In normal cases, I wouldn't have expected this to happen because it's just downright bad! Get the list of bad fights this arc to good fights, the ratio is just too much for me to handle.

Want this arc to end now. Not interested in time travel to be honest though, Rave done it before and following its footsteps makes me sceptical and somewhat annoyed as that's not original, which is why I'm really hoping them to use the gate as Etherion and nuke the dragons, of which is interesting, but I am not putting any hope in to it as it'll probably be a repeat of Zeref last arc, which was also interesting but became terrible.

Edited by Pervisum, 01 March 2013 - 06:00 AM.

• Peleihno, Echo, Rashugun and 17 others like this

Lucywhat? Everwho? Jubiawhere!? It's...

2rw29m9.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users