• This topic is locked This topic is locked
249 replies to this topic

#241 Sabodew

Sabodew

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Oh, the rage in this thread is almost finished (o.o)

Aw, how come Erza gets a whole page dedicated to a new armour (which honestly doesn't look that impressive) whilst Laxus's Secret Dragon-Slaying Technique isn't even that creative? This is totally unfair, Mashima! ):

( But if Laxus ends up with Mirajane at some point in the manga, it will all be forgiven :P )

Aside from that... the fight could have been more detailed, especially the end, but what's done is done. I still am and always will be a Laxus supporter, no matter how many lines of Natsu's he'd end up saying OTL

It never crossed my mind that Lector could end up in that place (o.o) . . . How bold, Mashima.

And Mavis was actually pretty annoying in this chapter--like a broken record. She had a lot of panel space just yammering away about 'nakama'. It's better when she's wacky. :/

Laxus and Mirajane? the dude is at least 5-7 years older than her. 

Besides, Erza belongs with Mira

erza_x_mirajane_accidentally_kiss_comic_

#242 Pervisum

Pervisum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

Laxus and Mirajane? the dude is at least 5-7 years older than her. 

Only 4 years, but that's not as bad as Erza and Jellal's 7-year difference and (for the minority who support it) Gray and Ultear's.

Lucywhat? Everwho? Jubiawhere!? It's...

2rw29m9.png

#243 gedyon

gedyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Gray and Ultear likely won't have any open romance though seeing as this arc hinted he and Juvia will get a bit more intimately involved.

#244 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

I still do hope for some Gray and Ultear interaction. The two could develop a very strong older sister - younger brother relationship, and Gray could benefit much from being in the companionship of an Ice Creation Mage who is stronger than him.

2wqahx1.jpg

#245 gedyon

gedyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Yeah if there is one relationship I am really interested in seeing develop in this whole manga, I don't care if it is romantic or not, it would be Gray and Ultear's. I wanted them to meet since finding out that Ul was her mother. The other one was between Gildarts and Ivan but I don't care about that anymore since Ivan is fodder.

• Phenomiracle likes this

#246 jomegar

jomegar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • LocationIn Sangrela's Toybox.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

Yeah if there is one relationship I am really interested in seeing develop in this whole manga, I don't care if it is romantic or not, it would be Gray and Ultear's. I wanted them to meet since finding out that Ul was her mother. The other one was between Gildarts and Ivan but I don't care about that anymore since Ivan is fodder.

They are siblings in ice, it's kinda more fitting for them to be a little ''cold'' with each other. Not like Lyon and Gray buddy buddy up all the time. So, you know, not really anything to develop.

#247 gedyon

gedyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

Of course there is something to develop. Ultear's mother, whom she thought had abandoned her for Gray, created deep resentments and enmity in her. Only in Tenroujima did Gray help push her onto the correct path. Now we are getting their first few interactions after she has changed her ways...there are a myriad of paths Mashima can take in developing their relationship from here on. 

• Phenomiracle likes this

#248 Silveritz

Silveritz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationWhere there's no boundary

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

I still do hope for some Gray and Ultear interaction. The two could develop a very strong older sister - younger brother relationship, and Gray could benefit much from being in the companionship of an Ice Creation Mage who is stronger than him.

Ultear is a stronger mage than Gray, but she wasn't a stronger Ice-Creation mage than Gray considering they clashed equally when using Ice-Make on Tenrou Island.

resizedimage_zps0e6c85a3.jpg

- Be Better, Not Bitter -

#249 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Ultear is a stronger mage than Gray, but she wasn't a stronger Ice-Creation mage than Gray considering they clashed equally when using Ice-Make on Tenrou Island.

Clashed equally? The only attack in which their attacks collided head-to-head was underwater, and that moment was incredibly brief, as Ultear immediately heard her mother's voice.

That's hardly a legitimate basis for making such a claim. 

2wqahx1.jpg

#250 Silveritz

Silveritz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationWhere there's no boundary

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Clashed equally? The only attack in which their attacks collided head-to-head was underwater, and that moment was incredibly brief, as Ultear immediately heard her mother's voice.

That's hardly a legitimate basis for making such a claim. 

Yeah, I take back my words. Gray was having the upper hand when they were both employing Ice-Make.

resizedimage_zps0e6c85a3.jpg

- Be Better, Not Bitter -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users