38 replies to this topic

#1 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

Studio Trigger began streaming an extended 72-second trailer for Little Witch Academia, its entry in the Anime Mirai 2013 initiative, on Monday.

Director/character designer/animation director Yoh Yoshinari (episode director for Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt) and producer Naoko Tsutsumi (Black Rock Shooter, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt) led the project, and Michiru Oshima (Fullmetal Alchemist, BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, Blast of Tempest) scored the music.

The anime features the following cast:

Under the Anime Mirai program, the Japan Animation Creators Association (JAniCA) receives money from the Japanese government's Agency for Cultural Affairs, and it distributes most of those funds to studios who train young animators on-the-job.

The 2013 program includes Gonzo's "Ryo," Trigger's "Little Witch Academia," ZEXCS' "Aruvu Rezuru," and MADHOUSE's "Death Billiards" shorts. All of the shorts opened in 14 theaters throughout Japan on Saturday.

It looks pretty interesting for a small project done by animators in training. Has some very nice visuals and the music is pretty good as well. The only problem I might have is one or two of the character designs, gleamed from this trailer.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#2 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

http://www.gogoanime...oject-special-1

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#3 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

This was quite enjoyable. I liked the animation. It was vibrant and had good motion. Too bad it's just a one off thing.

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#4 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

Could have sworn I posted what I thought about it but guess not.

That's probably my biggest problem.

I. WANT. MORE.

It was such a fun short series. The animation was pretty good, better then a lot of regular series. The effects and scenery were great and the monsters were interesting. It's kind of hard to believe this is meant to be something akin to training for a young group of animators.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#5 Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationAn eternal sand plain under a clear blue sky.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

I think that is the general sentiment.

This needs a full anime. 

I just think the concept of having The Worst Witch crossed with Gurren Lagann to be awesome. 

Straight up magic adventure. 

75ce44f0-c79e-4af9-8bda-76247dba21cd_zps

[The Birds of Minerva Take Flight at Dusk]

Writing Resources

[Blood History]

#6 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

Let's see ....

Good Animation (although a bit toony but who cares)

Interesting Characters

Well made humor

No senseless Fanservice

Nothing dumb or stupid that made me feel like I wasted my time

An feels like an interesting mix of Harry Potter and The Worst Witch, with some dungeon crawler an sentai added into it

Oh yeah this needs to be made into a series or just some epic movies :D

Plus I totally loved Suci, especially with what she did to that Minotaur :aww:  

Edited by Yuber, 11 April 2013 - 01:13 AM.

#7 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

Trigger seems to really like this as well.

http://www.animenews...th-english-subs

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#8 Genobreaker

Genobreaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

This was pretty enjoyable. Definitely could make full anime with this. 

#9 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Well, not a full anime, yet, but it's a start.

http://www.animenews...cademia-episode

Studio Trigger announced at Anime Expo on Friday that it plans to create another episode of its Little Witch Academia magical fantasy anime short. The company revealed that it will launch a Kickstarter campaign next week to help raise funds for the project.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#10 Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationAn eternal sand plain under a clear blue sky.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

Well then, good thing I am making money right now. 

I can actually throw money at the screen and make it happen. 

75ce44f0-c79e-4af9-8bda-76247dba21cd_zps

[The Birds of Minerva Take Flight at Dusk]

Writing Resources

[Blood History]

#11 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

Studio Trigger opened its tentatively titled Little Witch Academia 2 Kickstarter campaign on Monday. The studio had announced at Anime Expo on Friday that it would crowdfund the sequel to its Anime Mirai Little Witch Academia project. The sequel reunites the original staff, and they aim to finish the episode by winter 2014. (Trigger is working on another anime project, this fall's Kill la Kill television series.) Trigger already has the funds to create a 20-minute episode and plans to use the $150,000 in Kickstarter funds to add 15 minutes of run time.

As of this writing, the campaign has already raised US$48,949 in pledges and has over 460 backers. Preliminary character designs and an introductory video are available on the campaign's webpage. Backing rewards include the second episode on Blu-ray, a printed art book, cuts from the film reel, Giclee prints, a signed script, and a trip to Studio Trigger headquarters. The campaign closes on August 7.

Thanks to Rex Lee for the news tip

Update: As of July 9 on 1:45 a.m. EDT, the campaign has 921 backers who have pledged US$104,704.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#12 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Man.. they met their goal real quick.

http://www.animenews...ickstarter-goal

Anime Studio Trigger met its US$150,000 pledge goal for extending its tentatively titled Little Witch Academia 2 project on Tuesday, less than five hours after starting its Kickstarter fundraising campaign.

The studio had announced at Anime Expo on Friday that it would crowdfund the sequel to its Anime Mirai Little Witch Academia project. The sequel reunites the original staff, and they aim to finish the episode by winter 2014. (Trigger is working on another anime project, this fall's Kill la Kill television series.) Trigger already has the funds to create a 20-minute episode and plans to use the $150,000 in Kickstarter funds to add 15 minutes of run time.

Preliminary character designs and an introductory video are available on the campaign's webpage. Backing rewards include the second episode on Blu-ray, a printed art book, cuts from the film reel, Giclee prints, a signed script, and a trip to Studio Trigger headquarters. The campaign closes on August 7.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#13 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

http://www.animenews...a-in-ultra-jump

The August issue of Shueisha's Ultra Jump magazine announced on Friday that Trigger's Little Witch Academia original anime is inspiring a short manga. The manga will run in the next issue on August 19. The manga will be drawn by Terio Teri whose previous works include Hlocclinie in Kadokawa Shoten's Young Ace in 2010-2011 and adult manga published by Core Magazine.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#14 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Happy Halloween

CTHfyf9.jpg

• Tokoya and Narubi like this

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#15 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Can't wait till more of this comes around :D

#16 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

Yeah I can hardly wait for the second ep.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#17 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

Yeah I can hardly wait for the second ep.

/nod

I'm really looking forward to more Suci :D

Wonder if she'll melt something again or do something more gruesome  :cthulu:

#18 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:53 AM

So aside from both episodes being on Netflix for streaming currently.

As well that second episode being very good IMO.

It was announced some time back (not sure if anybody caught wind of this or not) that the series will be getting a TV Anime Series of it.

Also it'll also be on Netflix, since Netflix has licensed it for streaming. 

http://www.animenews...-series/.103587

http://www.animenews...-series/.103938

Happy days be coming round the corner. lol :D

Edited by Narubi, 01 September 2016 - 01:03 AM.

#19 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:10 AM

Spoiler Trailer for upcoming new series ......

http://www.animenews...-visual/.107409

Looking good so far. :D

An it's coming out in January. Which is even better.  :whooo:

• Vl731 and Desu257 like this

#20 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:22 AM

Spoiler New preview for the upcoming series.

Only 1 month until the show comes onto Netflix. :D

• Vl731 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users