#21 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

Feisty

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

Of the one's unfinished, then yes that's what I said pretty much.

But if you mean all together, then I don't think so since I'm sure people wouldn't mind doing some debating again if it was worth it.

See, I can't see another round of the OMBRs being worth it (other than maybe the One Piece tourney). :shrug:

The first time had laxer rules and, well, being the first time going for it. It was the first time OMF really scoured through the feats of countless characters. There hasn't been enough time between the tournaments for the Big Three to give multiple characters new feats. Even with more time, Nardo/Bleach are nearing their end and the powerlevels are just getting ridiculous and largely unquantifiable. Seeding contestants made for more interesting matches in the beginning, but that's really only a short-term solution - even with restrictions.

It's also difficult to maintain interest when there are huge gaps in time between the rounds. Also the knowledge that the tournament will probably fall apart halfway through, makes it difficult to consider debating worth it. That's all before getting to how people view judge results.

It's not that the OMBR is a bad idea - it's fantastic. It's just that through trying to improve it, we ended up breaking it. :shrug:

#22 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,532 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:11 AM

We should make a "VS" section where anyone can make a vs thread while respecting certain rules. Each thread gets to stay up for like a week, the winner is decided through a poll, the result is noted in a dedicated thread, and for a month the same matchup can't be brought back to discussion. Sure it would be more so popularity since a lot of those voting would not care to much for the actual debate but it could be fun nonetheless and would not require that much involvement from judges and what not.

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#23 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

Feisty

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:22 AM

We should make a "VS" section where anyone can make a vs thread while respecting certain rules. Each thread gets to stay up for like a week, the winner is decided through a poll, the result is noted in a dedicated thread, and for a month the same matchup can't be brought back to discussion. Sure it would be more so popularity since a lot of those voting would not care to much for the actual debate but it could be fun nonetheless and would not require that much involvement from judges and what not.

I suggested something of that nature.

Stricter than what you're suggesting (which is more like OBD, and nobody wants that), but along the same vein.

Edited by DaEvilWithin, 07 January 2014 - 05:23 AM.

• Sanji likes this

#24 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,532 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:33 AM

I suggested something of that nature.

Stricter than what you're suggesting (which is more like OBD, and nobody wants that), but along the same vein.

Definitely a good ideea. I went with the route that makes the least amount of assumptions not knowing if there are people willing to "police" such a subforum, but since there are already volunteers this would surely help keeping everything more organized.

xGzqj0x.gif

#25 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

Feisty

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:35 AM

Definitely a good ideea. I went with the route that makes the least amount of assumptions not knowing if there are people willing to "police" such a subforum, but since there are already volunteers this would surely help keeping everything more organized.

Almost two months since I posted it and still no mod response, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. :shrug:

#26 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,532 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:41 AM

Almost two months since I posted it and still no mod response, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. :shrug:

Yeah i noticed. Maybe we can get a poll or something going on to convince them that people are willing to participate and support this along with giving them a list of "referees" that already volunteered to manage the section. Something like a petition i guess. :lol:

xGzqj0x.gif

#27 Oben

Oben

Coffee and Cake

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,089 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

If you want something like that, you should pester the mods directly, a thread alone won't help ^^

#28 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,130 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

This just made my night, I'm down with whatever you guys come up with :D

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#29 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,777 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

please replicate the infamous Enel vs Akainu. I missed that one. :P

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#30 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

please replicate the infamous Enel vs Akainu. I missed that one. :P

You are one fortunate soul.

I just want Zoro v Sanji.  That way, we can have a place where all the arguments are stored so we can copy/paste them into any debate between the two from that point forward in the One Piece subforum.

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#31 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,777 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

You are one fortunate soul.

How come? I'm unfortunate. I did not realized there were such thing going on back then :(

#32 fanology

fanology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

How about Dragon VS Shanks?

#33 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

How come? I'm unfortunate. I did not realized there were such thing going on back then :(

You missed Enel not only making it to the finals but also being deemed the winner for a short period of time.  It is a memory which pains me to this day.  Though, as you said, just being around during that chaotic time would have been enough to satisfy you.

I definitely hope we can come up with something similar to that first tournament.  It was pretty cool overall.  I still remember the Sasori v Moria crossover match I heavily participated in.  It was a fun debate that had both sides throwing around solid arguments back and forth.  Everything from the location of the fight, the fighters personalities, and even the time of the day was taken into account.  It ended with a dead even tie - the user poll was split 50/50 and the judges were split 2/2 (the fifth judge abstained because he/she was unable to come to a decision).  I would say it was my favorite of all the debates back then.

Whatever we may come up with, I think time is very crucial.  One of the main problems I had with it before was how lengthy it became through delays and how much time was given to debate.  A newer version needs to be short and sweet so we can maintain interest and keep things flowing properly. 

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

#34 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,777 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

Sasori v Moria crossover match I heavily participated in. It was a fun debate that had both sides throwing around solid arguments back and forth. Everything from the location of the fight, the fighters personalities, and even the time of the day was taken into account. It ended with a dead even tie - the user poll was split 50/50 and the judges were split 2/2 (the fifth judge abstained because he/she was unable to come to a decision). I would say it was my favorite of all the debates back then.

that sounds divine. :blink:  No I'm being honest. That's a really interesting match-up. Why the f*** did I not pay attention to other subforums back then? :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

• Ajh77 likes this

#35 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

OOOOO!!! I thought of a new theme 

Poison Characters vs Healer Characters.

f7c22295-c095-456a-acad-b4dcabd18025_zps

- At some point, you gotta decide for yourself who you’re going to be. Can’t let nobody make that decision for you.

#36 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,777 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

OOOOO!!! I thought of a new theme 

Poison Characters vs Healer Characters.

Magellan vs Sakura?

#37 Oben

Oben

Coffee and Cake

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,089 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

We should have more rap-battles... DD vs. Marco was fun to read ^^

#38 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

that sounds divine. :blink:  No I'm being honest. That's a really interesting match-up. Why the f*** did I not pay attention to other subforums back then? :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

Yeah, it was definitely a nice matchup.  Sasori had all his puppets available to him and Moria had his zombie army (no Oars).  It was located in Hueco Mundo (a Bleach location) during night time.  I backed Sasori in the match.  Who do you think would win?

pq1sg.jpg

#39 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,777 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

Yeah, it was definitely a nice matchup.  Sasori had all his puppets available to him and Moria had his zombie army (no Oars).  It was located in Hueco Mundo (a Bleach location) during night time.  I backed Sasori in the match.  Who do you think would win?

how many zombies does Moria have in the manga? I forgot.

Sasori has like 300+ IIRC. But they are not really formidable cause Chiyo just needs 10 to decimate most of them or maybe Chiyo is too boss...Damn, it hurts every time I remember. Goddam Sakura and Chiyo, why did my beloved Sasori have to die? :( :( :(

this really is a match-up between 2 of my favorite characters in Naruto and OP. 

Do the Magellan vs Sakura btw :xD:

#40 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

Feisty

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

Magellan stomps Sakura so hard you'd think she is a female Naruto character.

Oh wait she is.

• Fulmine, Damanos and Tale like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users