Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

Do these Zetsu's have souls?

They're artificial beings at the end of the day, so probably not. 

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#42 ixSheng

ixSheng

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

1. Well from what we saw, Akatsuki collected the tailed beasts in order, Gaara first, then Hidan and Kakuzu taking Yugito, then the wild Three Tails that Deidara and Tobi got, then Kisame took on Roushi. So we can only assume they had a reason for doing it that way. The only weird part is how Itachi and Kisame tried to capture Naruto in Part I (now we know that was an excuse to check up on Sasuke and all that, but still it seems weird, surely Kisame would've thought 'why are we doing the 9 tails first' if there was a reason they were supposed to go in order... maybe Kishi changed his mind on all that for Part II). 

2. The Stone village also had two - Han and Roushi. And so did the Mist - Yagura and Utakata, but the latter became a missing-nin. So I'm guessing that Hashirama decided to give 2 tailed beasts to each of the large ninja villages, keep the strongest for his own village, and then gave one each to the smaller villages (I'm just assuming the Sand was smaller or maybe younger than the other villages back then, which would explain only giving them the One Tail (purely guesswork as far as I know), and then the final one went to Waterfall, a known smaller village).

I just remembered, Sasori and Deidara were attempting to capture Naruto right after sealing Gaara, and Pein even approved of it so something is really off about Kakuzu and Hidan not going after Bee after the 2 tails since they're both in the same country. Was this just Kishi being Kishi again..?

Don't let anything anyone posts distract you from the fact that Krillin was the first of U7 to get knocked out in the ToP :laugh:

#43 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

I just remembered, Sasori and Deidara were attempting to capture Naruto right after sealing Gaara, and Pein even approved of it so something is really off about Kakuzu and Hidan not going after Bee after the 2 tails since they're both in the same country. Was this just Kishi being Kishi again..?

Good point, I'd forgotten that one. Yeah, I'd say the only way we can explain that one is Kishi just being Kishi lol. One of those things we're not meant to think about and question. XD

Edited by Sev, 16 April 2013 - 10:58 PM.

#44 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationWaiting for his Kittyspada :3

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

This is guesswork but I think they might have seen Naruto as the biggest obstacle, as his Tailed beast was the strongest.  Both times they might have been attempting to see how strong Naruto was and to capture him if they could.  After the first attempt they knew Naruto was glued to Jiraiya so they backed off then after the second time...um....hmm....I don't remember what happened after then, but I assume they saw his progress and decided that Pein would have to be the one to take him down. :shrug:

_wine__noir___dog_days_by_unkawaiigfx-d8

Thanks Zc. :aww:

#45 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

This is guesswork but I think they might have seen Naruto as the biggest obstacle, as his Tailed beast was the strongest.  Both times they might have been attempting to see how strong Naruto was and to capture him if they could.  After the first attempt they knew Naruto was glued to Jiraiya so they backed off then after the second time...um....hmm....I don't remember what happened after then, but I assume they saw his progress and decided that Pein would have to be the one to take him down. :shrug:

About the second attempt, Deidara had lost both arms and Kakashi was with Naruto along with Naruto having two tails out so he escaped while he could which is understandable. I think at that point in time, anyone from Akatsuki could have taken Naruto by himself if they'd wanted to, as long he wasn't being guarded by others, so I doubt it was because of his progress they stopped at that point. Though after getting RasenShuriken and Pain realising that he had a ton of strong allies, they knew it would be a lot harder than the other Jinchuriki who seemed to stick to themselves.

#46 Don Kanonji

Don Kanonji

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

Spoiler

What is he talking about? Two of Six are one, what are the other four? Did i just miss something or is it a bad translation or something entirely different?

Unbenannt_zps64fdb43a.png

#47 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationWaiting for his Kittyspada :3

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:32 AM

Spoiler

What is he talking about? Two of Six are one, what are the other four? Did i just miss something or is it a bad translation or something entirely different?

I think it might refer to the fact that the Uchiha and Senjuu are the two halves to the Sage of the Six Paths.

His eyes went to one his body to the other, If you remember the bit that talks about the SOTSP passing down the power of his eyes to one son and the power of his body to the other.  I think it's talking about that.

It could also be talking about various abilities that the Sage once had and now Obito/Tobi has 2 of them.

_wine__noir___dog_days_by_unkawaiigfx-d8

Thanks Zc. :aww:

#48 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

Spoiler

As far as I know that's just a bad translation. Here's another translation of that, where he just simply states that he can become the second Sage of the Six Paths, which makes a whole lot more sense. 

#49 Don Kanonji

Don Kanonji

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

Thanks Vega and Sev!
Next time i first should search for a second translation.

Edited by Don Kanonji, 21 April 2013 - 06:26 AM.

Unbenannt_zps64fdb43a.png

#50 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

What happened to everyone else that was at the Kages vs Madara battlefield? The fodder and Muu?

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#51 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

What happened to everyone else that was at the Kages vs Madara battlefield? The fodder and Muu?

Probably dead or retreated elsewhere during the battle, and Muu was unsummoned along with all the other Edo Tensei's (bar Madara).

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#52 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

Probably dead or retreated elsewhere during the battle, and Muu was unsummoned along with all the other Edo Tensei's (bar Madara).

Oh yeah I forgot Muu would have been unsummoned xD

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#53 55587crosby

55587crosby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Why is the One Piece board more active than this board? In the old OneManga, this board was the most active.

#54 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Why is the One Piece board more active than this board? In the old OneManga, this board was the most active.

I don't think that qualifies as a simple question lol... Well, one thing I can think of that would contribute to that is the frustration a lot of Naruto fans have with the manga lately, while One Piece keeps truckin' along as it always has (as far as I can tell, I don't read it). 

#55 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

The transition hit the Naruto subforum posters harder, I suppose. This thread isn't the place for questions like that though.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#56 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,243 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

I don't think that qualifies as a simple question lol... Well, one thing I can think of that would contribute to that is the frustration a lot of Naruto fans have with the manga lately, while One Piece keeps truckin' along as it always has (as far as I can tell, I don't read it). 

Another thing is that when the forum went down a lot of posters here never made it over, so there's a few faces missing... Unless some of them changed usernames.

There is also a possibility that after school gets out more people will return. :kakashi:

• Peleihno likes this

#57 55587crosby

55587crosby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Always thought that Naruto was the most popular outside of Japan after DBZ. Guess not anymore though. Just one terrible arc was enough to systematically dismantle the entire fan base

#58 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

It's best you don't make assumptions like that off a recuperating forum's userbase.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

#59 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,243 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Actually if you go by volume sales then it still is the most popular Of the big 3, but that's a conversation for another thread or section of the forum.

And also what Pele said.

#60 Elijah Ballard

Elijah Ballard

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • LocationHell, AZ

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Cause Naruto sucks now.

• Sithis likes this

966f13ea-3986-48d5-b67f-28ddb6d4962a_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users