#21 Oben

Oben

there were no malfunctions

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

This was great, I'm really liking stuff like these tactic pages with just arrows and squares...

Am I the only one thinking Ouki will die soon? Now that he has been training Shin, his death would probably bring the story further since it would strengthen Ryufui and make Qin less balancened.

(I don't want to look into the real history, so just talking about the manga)

Edited by Oben, 20 May 2013 - 06:06 AM.

#22 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

I already know what happens by the end of the next war so I don't want to spoil it for you Oben. Well anyone that watched the anime will know what happens.. After this is what I'm REALLY interested in seeing.

#23 kame d. kaze

kame d. kaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

oh this manga has a sub-forum. That's nice. I must say I absolutely love this manga. I love medieval/ancient wars and stuff. And I love the fact that it has a shounen vibe to it, brutality+shounen vibe make it interesting and soft. Not too hardcore.

Ouki is my favorite character thus far and yeah I also think he will die. These types of characters usually die, but I hope it's not during this war.

• Furinji Saiga likes this

#24 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

Ouki said he wanted to test out his limits as a general, so I do think he'll fall in battle. He doesn't seem like the kind of person that wants to die from old age anyway...

#25 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Chapters 114-118

Good chapters, it really looks more like Ouki's final battle now... I'm not sure if I can buy Houken's power though.

#26 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

3 new chapters http://www.batoto.ne..._turnip-farmers

5 new chapters on Sunday

qhz8b56l.png

#27 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Good chapters, but to be honest, that plan sounds like it will fail horribly. Especially after all the focus given on Houken invading Kyou's quarters as a sign of his ridicolous power in the latest chapters...

#28 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

I just caught up with the current chapters. I almost dropped this series because the first volume bored me, but I'm glad I stuck with it because the Rebellion Arc and the Wei War arc were awesome.

I love the battle scenes. This war with Zhao is shaping up to be epic. I can't wait for Ouki and Houken's final showdown.

I'm also excited to see what kind of achievements Shin will accomplish in this war. I really like that they used the term "achievements" and the merit based advancement system. It feels kind of like a video game or something. I wanted Shin to fight Man Goku, but I guess General Fuuki will do. I think that should earn him a promotion to 1000-man commander.

I kind of wish I would have waited a little longer to get into this manga though. Reading this war all in one sitting like I did with the Wei war would have been the most enjoyable. Though it seems the scanlation group is pretty fast, so I guess I won't be waiting long in between reads.

It's also kind of nice that we have 200+ unscanlated chapters to look forward to and I hear it is still awesome in the current storyline if not more so.

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#29 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

@Matt

Just in case you don't know, there is a kingdom anime and this war arc is complete there.

The quality of the anime is very good and it's faithfull to the manga's storyline.

I couldn't wait to see the conclusion of the war and I watched it. Pretty damn entertaining, although I still the manga is slightly better.

#30 Tejón rebelde

Tejón rebelde

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

I'm surprised the strategist kid is Moubu's son. He doesn't look like the kind of man who send him to a school, I thought he'd send him to the mountains to fight bears and live with wolves.

#31 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

I'm surprised the strategist kid is Moubu's son. He doesn't look like the kind of man who send him to a school, I thought he'd send him to the mountains to fight bears and live with wolves.

Ryu could've spoken a word of power, I think. Depends how long Moubu has been under him.

#32 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

Just so that you guys don´t wait for it, there are no chapters this week, the translator takes a break for one week

• Red Haired Shanks likes this

qhz8b56l.png

#33 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

finally back, we're up to 134 now! Cant wait to see the conclusion of this war.

#34 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

Chapters are up to 137 now.

With Houken there, I guess Shin's unit is doomed except Ouki steps up. But it seems like he is not acting according to Zhao's plan, does it? More like he's having some fun on his own... I guess he wants to face Shin now that he has taken down that Zhao-general.

#35 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Not bad chapters, the story is moving at a decent pace. For those interested Kingdom season 2 is out and episodes are releasing weekly, there's only 2 episodes so far though.

#36 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

Just like you said Oben, with everything set up right now, Ouki´s death is very likely. I just hope he will die in an honorable way considering the hatred Zhao has for Qin.

qhz8b56l.png

#37 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

Just like you said Oben, with everything set up right now, Ouki´s death is very likely. I just hope he will die in an honorable way considering the hatred Zhao has for Qin.

What I wonder about is not so much if it will be in an honorable way or not (I think that's very likely to happen), but rather how Ouki will feel in that situation... Rage? Sadness? Or grinning Happiness with a "Fufufu"?

#38 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

What I wonder about is not so much if it will be in an honorable way or not (I think that's very likely to happen), but rather how Ouki will feel in that situation... Rage? Sadness? Or grinning Happiness with a "Fufufu"?

I think he is past the age of rage and sadness. The whole war is very personal for Ouki because of Kou (who i think either was Ouki´s best friend or better, was a woman and Ouki´s lover), so i think he will feel like he can finally close that chapter with his death. I expect him to say a few words to the most important people (his lieutenant, his commanders maybe, Moubu and of course Shin) and die laughing.

qhz8b56l.png

#39 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

I think he is past the age of rage and sadness. The whole war is very personal for Ouki because of Kou (who i think either was Ouki´s best friend or better, was a woman and Ouki´s lover), so i think he will feel like he can finally close that chapter with his death. I expect him to say a few words to the most important people (his lieutenant, his commanders maybe, Moubu and of course Shin) and die laughing.

@ bolded: I was thinking that too.

Anyway, this would only be the case if the war were to run rather clean, maybe even with a 1-1 fight like the last war, but I can still imagine Qin losing... and if then Houken or someone else of Zhao slaughters Tou and Ouki's other followers (and maybe the Hi Shin Unit) I'm not sure if he'd still enjoy it.

Then again, I also expected Shin's attack on Fuuki to fail, so there's a good chance a clean outcome will happen anyway.

#40 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

@ bolded: I was thinking that too.

Anyway, this would only be the case if the war were to run rather clean, maybe even with a 1-1 fight like the last war, but I can still imagine Qin losing... and if then Houken or someone else of Zhao slaughters Tou and Ouki's other followers (and maybe the Hi Shin Unit) I'm not sure if he'd still enjoy it.

Then again, I also expected Shin's attack on Fuuki to fail, so there's a good chance a clean outcome will happen anyway.

The way i see it, there is going to be a 1-1 fight between Ouki and Houken since the former wants revenge (or just closure) and the latter is a pure martial artist who wants to fight Ouki. I think either Ouki will lose or both will deal fatal wounds to the other. Either way, i think Ouki will be able to go laughing.

qhz8b56l.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users