1420 replies to this topic

#41 Rayman

Rayman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • Location505

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Well, Mobu is going to be closer to him than Ouki now, right? I wonder if he'll factor into the fight. I cant see him dying, but it would be nice to see him humbled a bit by Houken's and Ouki's power. 

#42 urbanchill

urbanchill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

The 3rd episode of season 2 is out now

#43 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:41 AM

The 3rd episode of season 2 is out now

Great episode, I really wish the manga had caught up before this was released, actually I wish it was translated to the latest chapter I can never get enough of Kingdom, the characters are so interesting, the wars are well written and paced nicely, and I especially love the narration when they explain the situation of troops, plans, armies, etc.

#44 Oben

Oben

Coffee and Cake

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,077 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

Chapters 143-145 are out.

http://www.batoto.ne...rnip-farmers/14

http://www.batoto.ne...urnip-farmers/4

http://www.batoto.ne...rnip-farmers/14

I don't even.

Looking at all this madness, Houken shouldn't be down from just that.

#45 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

It's too early for Shin to be taking out someone like Houken. Houken vs. Ouki should happen so I doubt that cut did any real damage. I'm still hoping for Shin vs. Mangoku and they are in the same vicinity so.... /crosses fingers

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#46 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

It's too early for Shin to be taking out someone like Houken. Houken vs. Ouki should happen so I doubt that cut did any real damage. I'm still hoping for Shin vs. Mangoku and they are in the same vicinity so.... /crosses fingers

Yep, agreed, there is no way the mangaka would have passed the chance to let Houken fight Ouki. Like you said, i think Shin will either fight someone else or, what i think is more likely, he will pass out at one point.

qhz8b56l.png

#47 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

Yep, agreed, there is no way the mangaka would have passed the chance to let Houken fight Ouki. Like you said, i think Shin will either fight someone else or, what i think is more likely, he will pass out at one point.

I agree. Even though he doesn't appear to be grievously injured, going a round with Houken and then still going on to take a general's head may not be so believable.

I'm really not sure how this war will play out at this point. There is a lot of potential for big general fights, but I'm thinking there may be a retreat at some point. I doubt Zhao will lose all these named generals just introduced, but I also doubt they will outright win this war.

#48 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

I agree. Even though he doesn't appear to be grievously injured, going a round with Houken and then still going on to take a general's head may not be so believable.

I'm really not sure how this war will play out at this point. There is a lot of potential for big general fights, but I'm thinking there may be a retreat at some point. I doubt Zhao will lose all these named generals just introduced, but I also doubt they will outright win this war.

I agree with the first part, especially Houken and the guy who is actually commanding the army (forgot the general´s name) should stay alive. I am not sure about the second part though. I think it would be interested if Qin in general but Shin in particular would experience a lost battle, especially if Ouki really is going to die.

qhz8b56l.png

#49 kame d. kaze

kame d. kaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

Been enjoying all the chapters. :)

Shin's plan was pretty good but I hope (and sure) that he won't take out Houken. That would be terrible. :mellow:

Edited by kame d. kaze, 28 June 2013 - 06:39 AM.

#50 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

I agree with the first part, especially Houken and the guy who is actually commanding the army (forgot the general´s name) should stay alive. I am not sure about the second part though. I think it would be interested if Qin in general but Shin in particular would experience a lost battle, especially if Ouki really is going to die.

I see what you mean. I just feel bad for all the citizens of Qin that live in the invaded territory. If Qin loses, they will all be put to death.

#51 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

I see what you mean. I just feel bad for all the citizens of Qin that live in the invaded territory. If Qin loses, they will all be put to death.

I haven´t learned about this particular battle in Chinese History but i don´t think it is as simple as that. Maybe not the war but the battle should end if the commander-in-chief is fatally injured or dead, so in this case, if Ouki dies, which in my opinion will happen, the respective forces should retreat until the next battle. If Qin can arrange a treaty with Zhao somehow before the next battle, which should be possible considering who the Chancellor is, the citizens of Qin should be safe.

qhz8b56l.png

#52 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

I haven´t learned about this particular battle in Chinese History but i don´t think it is as simple as that. Maybe not the war but the battle should end if the commander-in-chief is fatally injured or dead, so in this case, if Ouki dies, which in my opinion will happen, the respective forces should retreat until the next battle. If Qin can arrange a treaty with Zhao somehow before the next battle, which should be possible considering who the Chancellor is, the citizens of Qin should be safe.

I can't imagine Zhao relinquishing the territory they invaded considering the huge grudge the have against Qin. They already annihilated one city and were on the verge of doing the same to another when the Qin army showed up. But I guess you are right. Houken is an enigma, so he may be satisfied with just killing Ouki and be willing to work out a treaty. And he is the commander so I guess if he says to retreat, the rest will listen.

#53 Oben

Oben

Coffee and Cake

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,077 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Chapters are out to 150.

Ouki vs. Houken should be a good fight now. Though all in all, Houken still seems like the bigger monster.

And I hope at least those 36 guys of the Hi Shin unit survive...

#54 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Even though I knew it was coming I'm sad to see Bitou go out, truly a sad moment for Shin. Shoumou on the other hand, you thought you could hold your on against Ouki? Honestly with what I've seen Ouki could easily rival Guan Yu from the Three Kingdom's period. Likewise I see Houken as more of a Lu Bu/Zhang Fei.

#55 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Oh wow. That was pretty emotional. RIP Bitou :cry:

And damn, that was satisfying seeing Ouki slay that pig.

#56 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

I just read the scan group´s notification why the chapters will be out tomorrow: the editor was hit by a bus

qhz8b56l.png

#57 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

I just read the scan group´s notification why the chapters will be out tomorrow: the editor was hit by a bus

SERIOUSLY??????

#58 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

SERIOUSLY??????

That was my first thought, i mean considering how grave that sounds, the notification was rather trivial

Quote:

Tuesday 9 July - c154-c158
More 24 hours delay due to editor getting hit by a bus.

Edited by ShinmenTakezo, 08 July 2013 - 01:07 PM.

qhz8b56l.png

#59 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

That was my first thought, i mean considering how grave that sounds, the notification was rather trivial

Quote:

Tuesday 9 July - c154-c158
More 24 hours delay due to editor getting hit by a bus.

Let's hope that if that's true it must be a minor injure, judjing by the nature of this notification.

That or these guys are the epitome of black humour.

• kame d. kaze likes this

#60 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

I love this manga. This war is so exciting. Just when I think Qin is fucked, they turn things around. It's so dynamic.

And Tou was magnificent in our first time seeing him fight. I love how his facial expression never changes.

• kame d. kaze likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users