• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 baka

baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:06 AM

I think it is a good idea.. having it theme based will be good too. Each week drawing something different. So when do we start?  :aww:

Edited by baka, 28 January 2015 - 06:07 AM.

• YoWid likes this

#22 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:58 AM

Okay I've done the drawing copying what Tom has posted. It's horrible but I felt relieved and proud of it, at least I did one serious drawing! It felt real good man (pls give brutally honest opinion on it because I'll point out that too first thing) welp I'll be home soon so I'll upload it by laptop (currently browsing using my phone) right away!

I'll point out some mistakes beforehand: oppai pettanko hybrid boobs, lion's mane hair, and stubbles in her face. I'll be home in 30 mins.
  • Tom Ace likes this

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

another story for another day

#23 Maiaku

Maiaku

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationTree house

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:37 AM

Okay I've done the drawing copying what Tom has posted. It's horrible but I felt relieved and proud of it, at least I did one serious drawing! It felt real good man (pls give brutally honest opinion on it because I'll point out that too first thing) welp I'll be home soon so I'll upload it by laptop (currently browsing using my phone) right away!  I'll point out some mistakes beforehand: oppai pettanko hybrid boobs, lion's mane hair, and stubbles in her face. I'll be home in 30 mins.

Huh??????

sig_batik2_zps5coooz3x.jpg

#24 baka

baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:45 AM

Here is my attempt ( It is kinda different den the actual picture though )

Spoiler

• Tom Ace and YoWid like this

#25 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:31 AM

Here goes (sorry for not getting it done on clear paper, I did it outside of home; I might revise it later on):

Spoiler

Spoiler Doctored version

I scratched the name because it's distracting and unnecessary. I was about to draw at least the hips and a quarter of her lower body but I'll spare you all the horror.

Glaring mistake was I wasn't disciplined enough to draw one continuous part: I started with her right arm but left off by the end of her sleeve and continued on her hair instead. Then proceeded to her face and down to her torso. But I was being too careful I guess, so it looked weird.

All in all, it's my first serious drawing in life. It's friggin' horrendous, yes, but I'll remember this one fondly in the future Xd

#26 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15483 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

I need to step my art game up. Obviously, you guys are way ahead of me.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#27 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:44 AM

Here is my attempt ( It is kinda different den the actual picture though )

Dayum those eyes of her you made are beautiful and it's very neat a reinterpretation of Tom's work. That reminds me to be more creative with interpretation; I copied it just as is X))

I need to step my art game up. Obviously, you guys are way ahead of me.

Breh, cut the fuggin modesty and just put your shiny stuff up here will ya, I'm still at lvl 0 here! dying to learn moar :P 

Ok quick questions:

1. How to draw hair properly? I often get to draw that lion's mane of a hair or just like Gollum (too close to scalp/too sparse)

2. How to draw breasts properly? start from bottom-up or up-bottom, the curve? Side body first or from center?

3. How to draw face outline, especially chin so as not to be too pointy or too...scritchy-stubbles-filled? (then again I jumped to using ballpoint pen instead of drawing pencils so that's my bad) 

#28 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2979 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

Dayum those eyes of her you made are beautiful and it's very neat a reinterpretation of Tom's work. That reminds me to be more creative with interpretation; I copied it just as is X))

Breh, cut the fuggin modesty and just put your shiny stuff up here will ya, I'm still at lvl 0 here! dying to learn moar :P

Ok quick questions:

1. How to draw hair properly? I often get to draw that lion's mane of a hair or just like Gollum (too close to scalp/too sparse)

2. How to draw breasts properly? start from bottom-up or up-bottom, the curve? Side body first or from center?

3. How to draw face outline, especially chin so as not to be too pointy or too...scritchy-stubbles-filled? (then again I jumped to using ballpoint pen instead of drawing pencils so that's my bad) 

I'm glad you guys are so pen to the paper, just drawing will make you improve more than you know.

I will get on making the Art Club as soon as i can.

For your questions.

1. Hair depends on volume and its hard to just say X of the head. Here is something i made up to show the head and hair.

Spoiler

2. Breasts can be hard to draw, if you want to draw natural breasts then they will look quite different from comic/anime/manga breasts. As to your question on where to start? in the end its up to you, however i start at the armpit. Here is a quick numbered drawing i did for you showing how i did it. (normally i have the head, neck and shoulders in first)

Spoiler

3. Only time will get you to the point of not having scribbled lines, especially if using a pen. When it comes to drawing a chin without the normal circle guide, you need to look at the negative space and know what it should look like.

Here is a drawing i just made that took me like 45 seconds (so its a fast way to do it). First you draw a circle then a vertical line in the middle, after that you find the point of the chin and mark how far down it is (this is very tricky, it depends on the style and character) then from the point of the chin you draw both jaws to the temple of the head, also for manga girls the neck is normally in the middle of the jaw or vertically in line with the pupils. 

Spoiler

Again i will get to making the Art Club soon as i can. It should be today with three new images!

• DarkNemesis and YoWid like this

#29 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2979 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

I have started the OMF Art Club!

• DarkNemesis and YoWid like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic