• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#1 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5003 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Talk about Erza here.

#2 Gildartz25

Gildartz25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

I'm hoping Erza gets knocked down a few pegs in this upcoming fight so we can see her motivated to get stronger. I was a little disappointed that the technique used on Natsu and all them didn't affect Erza. She needs character development, and not the "love" kind.

Posted Image

#3 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11888 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

I'm hoping Erza gets knocked down a few pegs in this upcoming fight so we can see her motivated to get stronger. I was a little disappointed that the technique used on Natsu and all them didn't affect Erza. She needs character development, and not the "love" kind.

They already had an arc right before this one about getting stronger. It would be a shame if their training wasn't enough, all things considered.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#4 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3305 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

Erza needs some real romance in her life after this. Mashima can have a rom-com arc with her and Jellal. :D

• Catinator likes this

#5 vansonbee

vansonbee

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Erza needs another person going after her, either a female or another guy. Can't be giving Juvia the double guy standard, when Erza is so above her :>

#6 Dark Sasuke_101

Dark Sasuke_101

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationNone of your concern

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Erza is fine the way she is.

• ANewLight and Blue22 like this

Hl5StX6.gif

#7 au_revoir

au_revoir

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Although I like Erza, her recent fights are always following the same formula and her armors become a plot device.

When fighting strong opponents, she'll use her armors to fight at first but they will all be destroyed by the opponent easily.

Then she'll give up all armors, change to her red outfit and then one-shot her opponent.

But I would like to see more fights like Midnight where Erza finds the opponent's weakness then choose a suitable armor to defeat him.

For the coming fight against Minerva, I wish Erza would use her armor to defeat Minerva instead of one-shotting her in her red outfit.

#8 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2234 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

So guys, the main character in this series is no longer Plotsu. It's Plotza. I know Minerva is a complete bitch, but I'd much rather her defeat Erza in a humiliating fashion. A shame it won't happen, though.

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#9 dageo18

dageo18

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Locationground zero

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

Erza did a fantastic job.  At first I thought her reasoning was only going to be about Kagura's brothers will to keep her alive, when really she owes it to ALL her friends.  Who woulda figured?  Isn't it disappointing how characters can seem so dominant and skilled one minute, then after erza takes off her clothes and gets a mean face they lose their entire edge.  Im content though, Erza is pretty B-A when it comes down to it.  

Edited by dageo18, 20 January 2013 - 04:36 AM.

#10 Marche

Marche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

My thought about Erza after this last chapter:

I have to say that is quite boring that Erza just like always repeat that she would withstand, that she would keep going.

Just like it was already mentioned by Krono, I believe that Erza’s armour is referring to god of fortune in Onmyoudou".
Now I don’t remember in which anime/manga but some years ago I saw a goddess that was wearing something similar to the shroud that Erza has in the last armour.

Anyways to tell the truth I was really disappointed from the fact that Erza relase her second origin, because I thought that in someway Erza was not using it until now, I thought  that until now she was fighting without using the second origin, that for some reason She was consciously suppressing it, she was fighting only with her normal amount of magic, for this reason I was really pissed of this.
But after seeing the last episode of Fairy Tail manga, I have changed my mind, now I believe that what Erza wanted to say was that she obtained that armour thanks to the fact that Urtear unlocked her second origin, just like Lluvia said with the attack "wings of love" that she used during the Naval battle http://www.mangapand...iry-tail/291/11.
Infact just like Lluvia before could not use that attack, because she had not enough magic power, at the same Erza even if she eventually had already bought that armour, she could not use it.

Gray and Lluvia  :valentine:  :hug3: 

3PtA6Vm.gif

#11 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2234 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

Would have been a hell of a lot more entertaining if it was Erza & Kagura vs. Minerva.

But nope, let Fairy Tail take all of the glory and ruin so many other non-FT characters doing so. 

ZmZNGgT.gif

#12 laxus pwns natsu

laxus pwns natsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1711 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

she was a cool character but she is going on my hate list with natsu and lucy soon. if she doesnt change her ways

Edited by laxus pwns natsu, 10 March 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#13 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3717 posts
  • Locationyour broad

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

haha.. Haha.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  • Rashugun and Phenomiracle like this

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#14 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2234 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Since it's going to get lost in the manga debate in the chapter thread, I thought I'd share my thought here:

Spoiler Erza didn't need Nakagami Armor

ZmZNGgT.gif

#15 blastdabomb

blastdabomb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Since it's going to get lost in the manga debate in the chapter thread, I thought I'd share my thought here:

Spoiler Erza didn't need Nakagami Armor

Pulling an actual plot armor from her ass was actually more worthy of that victory considering if Erza did defeat Minerva by that silly trick, there would be nitpickers saying how Minerva could have done something else to reverse the situation and blah blah blah the battle goes on for another chapter...

By overpowering Minerva with a plot armour, we have Minerva reduced to a little crybaby and possibly get Minerva to admit Sabertooth is not #1 because Fairy Tail did not have its core members for 7 yrs.  Heck, other guilds have mentioned that they haven't used their best members for the tournament either and when they heard FT core members are joining the tournament, the best members of the known guilds like Lamia and Pegasus joined and put up a fight against ST as well.

#16 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2234 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Pulling an actual plot armor from her ass was actually more worthy of that victory considering if Erza did defeat Minerva by that silly trick, there would be nitpickers saying how Minerva could have done something else to reverse the situation and blah blah blah the battle goes on for another chapter...

Nope, nothing Minerva could have done.

Let the nitpickers pick all they want in that scenario, as I'm sure they'd be far ferocious in their raging than they are right now with this armor that "breaks the rules of magic."

By overpowering Minerva with a plot armour, we have Minerva reduced to a little crybaby and possibly get Minerva to admit Sabertooth is not #1 because Fairy Tail did not have its core members for 7 yrs.  Heck, other guilds have mentioned that they haven't used their best members for the tournament either and when they heard FT core members are joining the tournament, the best members of the known guilds like Lamia and Pegasus joined and put up a fight against ST as well.

The same effect could have been made with a proper sense of strategy from Erza. 

I'd much prefer one of the best written characters in the series use her brains despite being severely disadvantaged (broken foot, badly beaten) rather than yet another asspull, this time in the form of a hax armor reveal. 

Would have earned Erza quite a lot of respect from FT readers. And story-wise, it would equally have legitimized FT's victory against ST. 

ZmZNGgT.gif

#17 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

I just started reading this manga about 2.5 weeks ago and I just finally caught up. I have to say, Erza is now one of my favorite female characters in all manga. Her win against the 100 monsters (how it was depicted) was so bad@ss! If she were the MC of this manga this would be one of my top manga's as well. Erza FTW is what i'm trying to say. Lol!

• ~Sal~ likes this

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #18 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2234 posts
    • LocationGarden State

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

I just started reading this manga about 2.5 weeks ago and I just finally caught up. I have to say, Erza is now one of my favorite female characters in all manga. Her win against the 100 monsters (how it was depicted) was so bad@ss! If she were the MC of this manga this would be one of my top manga's as well. Erza FTW is what i'm trying to say. Lol!

Ah. So you're in *that* phase. 

ZmZNGgT.gif

#19 alekos23

alekos23

No Sardine

• Blessed by Uglypuff
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 4943 posts
    • LocationGreece

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Ah. So you're in *that* phase. 

nope,he's caught up :lol:

#20 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 3305 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

Loli Erza just screams 'Fun' and 'Fanservice'. I can imagine all kinds of hilarious hijinks from her interactions with the other characters. :D Will she still be the scary Alpha Female? Will Natsu and Gray finally beat her? How will Minerva enjoy toying with little Erza? Will she be naked when she returns to normal size?  :perv:

Edited by The Witcher, 20 July 2013 - 01:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users