201 replies to this topic

#141 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4669 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:11 AM

Come on. How is wearing slightly different armor and using slightly different weapons exciting?
And not only that but her magic is something nearly everyone in FT does. Even Lucy figured it out...

Guessing you don't like Rave Master, or shows like Ben Ten then?

#142 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8028 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:35 AM

Well there is that. But those were the only two fights where she couldn't spam her armors like a moron.

For midnight she actually had to work out his powers.

See thats the problem with Erza she has zero creativity with her magic its just either her:

- using a differrent armor
- namaka punching people

It is and completely plot powered.

Fighting someone using fire well then use the fire armor

Fighting someone using lighting well use the lighting armor

Need to fly well use the fly armor

Need to speed up well use the speed armor

And it is not showy at all. Natsu after the time skip showed up and melted an entire arena. Then punched a monster in the face and killed it. Erza cut a guy with her sword.....

And she is in a horrible position with all her amor. Either she has the right armor and it is convienent..... or she doesn't have the right armor and is a moron.

I mean erza is essentially batman and every fight she just happens to have that can of shark repellant...

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#143 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:07 AM

It does display a level of being prepared. Over a period of time she built up an impressive collection of armors for any occasion.

She does use tactics against the 100 monsters

using her first attack to gauge their strength and then selecting  the appropriate armor to handle each of them. 

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#144 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8028 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:25 AM

It does display a level of being prepared. Over a period of time she built up an impressive collection of armors for any occasion.
She does use tactics against the 100 monsters
using her first attack to gauge their strength and then selecting the appropriate armor to handle each of them.

She never was shown fighting those monsters in the manga.

Also what a moron am I right? If she really wanted to win that game she should of chosen to fight 51 of them.... not all 100 you moron...... I mean 100 made her look tougher but also like a compelete moron.

banner.png

#145 Kurapika

Kurapika

Master Aqua

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1203 posts
  • LocationThe Realm Of Darkness

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:59 PM

Also what a moron am I right? If she really wanted to win that game she should of chosen to fight 51 of them.... not all 100 you moron...... I mean 100 made her look tougher but also like a compelete moron.

Maybe I don't remember if this was true but wasn't it since she beat all 100 no other team got 2nd/any points since they didnt compete that round?

So if thats true, which I honestly dont remember if it was, it was actually a smart tactic.

Edited by Kurapika, 27 December 2016 - 02:00 PM.

#146 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8028 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:10 PM

Maybe I don't remember if this was true but wasn't it since she beat all 100 no other team got 2nd/any points since they didnt compete that round?

So if thats true, which I honestly dont remember if it was, it was actually a smart tactic.

Naw. After erza messed it up for everyone they switched to a power testing game. Cana joined team B some how and used fairy glitter to destroy the testing orb.

banner.png

#147 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4669 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

It was stated that she beat them right so what's the problem?

#148 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:55 AM

She probably assumed that no one else would get points if there were no more monsters to kill.

She probably also wanted to show the absolute raw power of Fairy Tail.

Mavis pretty much did the same by giving Cana Fairy Glitter for the event so the B team could dominate the power test event. 

• Chillman likes this

#149 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8028 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:15 AM

It was stated that she beat them right so what's the problem?

Come on. He said "when erza fought the 100 monsters she did it with armor by testing the right ones on the monsters"

I said. She was never shown fighting them so we have no clue how she fought them.

We did get one picture but it didn't show what he described

She probably assumed that no one else would get points if there were no more monsters to kill.
She probably also wanted to show the absolute raw power of Fairy Tail.

Mavis pretty much did the same by giving Cana Fairy Glitter for the event so the B team could dominate the power test event.

raw power is cool but it was pointless. All she did was showcase FT's lack of intelligience

Cana needed fairy glitter or else FT would of lost. I mean the strongest power wise FT had was laxus (guildarts wasn't there) and the thunder god slayer only hit a 3000. Laxus couldn't beat that since god slayers are stronger then their dragon slayer counterparts. and the score to beat was in the 8000s.

banner.png

#150 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4669 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:30 AM

Laxus couldn't beat that since god slayers are stronger then their dragon slayer counterparts.

Natsu beat that one guy, and Wendy tied.

#151 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8028 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:59 AM

Natsu beat that one guy, and Wendy tied.

Neither of those loses were Because of the power of the magic. The batsu fight made it clear god slayer magic stands above dragon slayer magic.

I mean just because I have the more powerful punch then you doesn't mean I will win the fight. Espically if you get a friendship powerup and plot armor.

banner.png

#152 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4669 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:13 AM

Neither of those loses were Because of the power of the magic. The batsu fight made it clear god slayer magic stands above dragon slayer magic.

Or he could've just been weak at the time.

#153 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8028 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:33 AM

Or he could've just been weak at the time.

He was incapable of eating the god flames because they were more powerful then his dragon flames, unless he emptied all the magic out of his body and even marcov said that should of killed natsu instead of allowed him to eat the flames (obviously marcov didn't understand friendship)

Also natsu had the durability of a god where's the god slayer had the durability of crackers (The op character or the food either works) not the magics fault he was one shot by natsu where natsu took several god slayer attacks.

banner.png

#154 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:59 PM

Come on. He said "when erza fought the 100 monsters she did it with armor by testing the right ones on the monsters"

I said. She was never shown fighting them so we have no clue how she fought them.

We did get one picture but it didn't show what he described

Sure in the manga there was only one image.

in the anime there was an entire fight. 

#155 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8028 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:33 PM

Sure in the manga there was only one image.
in the anime there was an entire fight.

Ya the anime that shit don't count.

In the anime they open magical circles before doing anything..... it is as different as op was in 4kids tv. (Remember with the hammer guns?)

banner.png

#156 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:02 PM

Yeah I am not sure how that example actually applies to the conversation. 

I am pretty sure most of us would like to ignore that dub. 

It also does not invalidate the point I made considering everything done was all abilities of her armors. It is just an example of the anime expanding on events in the manga. The thing that is better then throwing in random filler arcs. 

#157 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8028 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

Yeah I am not sure how that example actually applies to the conversation.
I am pretty sure most of us would like to ignore that dub.

It also does not invalidate the point I made considering everything done was all abilities of her armors. It is just an example of the anime expanding on events in the manga. The thing that is better then throwing in random filler arcs.

Ya it's better then filler arc but it is just as valid............ (not at all)

The example.... w/e the point is anime gets it wrong a lot. Unless hiro personally watches every anime and signs off on all of them then it is no different then if I were to animate some ft adventures.

banner.png

#158 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:53 PM

There is no evidence to suggest an anime team does not a general direction of what they can or can't do with unseen events. 

#159 Pirate_King_Luffy

Pirate_King_Luffy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:49 PM

Why are erza fights so boring.

#160 ReZureXio

ReZureXio

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

Why are erza fights so boring.

They're not 'boring', they're just underhyped and she always wins in undramatic fashion. She doesn't exploit her arsenal of armor anymore either.. it's like:

Ima put that armor, you'll break it then I'll put my red flame hakama and beat you while lecturing you about nakamas and morals.
  • Chillman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users