• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#161 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:28 AM

Because her opponents always have literally all the power in the world. And she has a sword.

The grimor heart opponent she fought could turn himself into a tree and cause explosions from fruit. He was insanely powerful and toppled the massive tree on the holy island, erza beat him with a sword

The demon erza fought could manipulate all human senses and did so that it was impossible for erza to even stand without extreme pain, turned off her sight feeling smell and everything, and erza beat her with a sword

Minivera could manipulate anything in her field of vision, switch places with things cause massive explosions, was a demon some how, and erza beat her with a sword.

Irene is a 400 year old dragon who invented dragon slayer magic, invented enchantment magic, is the second most powerful mage under zeff and can honestly do anything, oh right and switched an entire continent around. Erza will beat her with a sword.

Hiro puts no effort into her fights, so why should we even be invested in them?

No fights abuse friendship power as much as erzas boring sword fights. In a world with limitless magical power. Erza's only ability to fight is by using swords....nearly everyone has used her power at one point God she sucks.
  • Strobacaxi likes this

#162 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationOn your face

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

They're not 'boring', they're just underhyped and she always wins in undramatic fashion. She doesn't exploit her arsenal of armor anymore either.. it's like:

Ima put that armor, you'll break it then I'll put my red flame hakama and beat you while lecturing you about nakamas and morals.

Isn't the definition of boring?

Edited by Saya, 17 January 2017 - 02:12 PM.

• kon09 and Chillman like this

#163 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

Isn't the definition of boring?

I mean she is the only character in any popular manga I can think of that fights by stripping constantly. Her combat is the most fan service orientated out of any. That has to count for something.

I will take back all the times I call her boring, but I wish he would but a little more thought into her combat style

#164 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationOn your face

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

I mean she is the only character in any popular manga I can think of that fights by stripping constantly. Her combat is the most fan service orientated out of any. That has to count for something.

I will take back all the times I call her boring, but I wish he would but a little more thought into her combat style

Usually when I read FT, I just read Erza's fight so I could get it done with and move on to the others. That just shows how tired of her fights I got.

• Chillman likes this

#165 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:43 PM

Usually when I read FT, I just read Erza's fight so I could get it done with and move on to the others. That just shows how tired of her fights I got.

I just hate them because of the fact that this is a manga with a ton of interesting magical powers, and all erza has is a sword, and yet she is to be taken seriously.

There was an enemy that used "arc of embodiment" who could create anything he imagined.......... erza uses a sword.
  • Saya likes this

#166 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,011 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

I just hate them because of the fact that this is a manga with a ton of interesting magical powers, and all erza has is a sword, and yet she is to be taken seriously.

There was an enemy that used "arc of embodiment" who could create anything he imagined.......... erza uses a sword.

And worse: her magic is requip and yet, her most powerful "armour" is no armour. 

• Chillman and Saya like this

50c34dd1-274c-4550-9d6d-d6edce927b63_zps

#167 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:55 PM

And worse: her magic is requip and yet, her most powerful "armour" is no armour.

It makes sense in that it's the I am committed to offense and murdering my opponent outfit so in theory that should be her strongest if it's is what puts her magic into offense only.

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#168 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:59 PM

And that is the absolute worst. Don't even get me started (too late)

How on earth does "focusing all magic power on attack" even freaking work? Are we to assume erza normally uses 50% attack 50% defense? Because I just saw her armor get blown up effortlessly so that 50% you just switched over to attack seems really insignificant to me..... it would technically double her attack power but she normally doesn't land a single hit before flame pants. So what use is double attack power if she still hasn't landed a hit? Could we at least get a visual aid to show what all her magic power in that sword looks like? Like make it glow.... idk any indication that something is actually different.

And not to mention that requip is one of the simplest magic that nearly every enemy can do.

It makes sense in that it's the I am committed to offense and murdering my opponent outfit so in theory that should be her strongest if it's is what puts her magic into offense only.

It makes no sense since we are talking about unmeasurables here.

erza gets beat up and lands no hits. Then putting all her power into offense makes her one shot her opponent....

If she was focusing most of her power on defense, then the fact that her opponent was able to break that defense so easily should prove it won't help in the fight.

I mean it just makes no sense. It is like if you were to fight an entire fight without landing a hit, then suddenly say "ok I will stop dodging attacks and start punching twice as hard"

#169 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,011 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:57 PM

Sure, I've always tried to see it as a 100% attack, 0% defence kind of armour too, but as @captainkidd said, it doesn't make a shred of sense. If her magic is requip, then it's not magic power, and her armours should be what makes her strong, so it's not like the other armours are supposed to divide her strength between attack and defence. 

And yet, that's how it seems to be. 

And worse, even when she's using those flame pants and takes hits, she's not out cold. How does that make any sense? If she didn't have anything for defence, she should be one hit K-O. 

But no. Because Erza's a tank. 

So it's not just magic. 

It's... something. It's Erza.

• Chillman and Saya like this

50c34dd1-274c-4550-9d6d-d6edce927b63_zps

#170 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationOn your face

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

Sure, I've always tried to see it as a 100% attack, 0% defence kind of armour too, but as @captainkidd said, it doesn't make a shred of sense. If her magic is requip, then it's not magic power, and her armours should be what makes her strong, so it's not like the other armours are supposed to divide her strength between attack and defence. 

And yet, that's how it seems to be. 

And worse, even when she's using those flame pants and takes hits, she's not out cold. How does that make any sense? If she didn't have anything for defence, she should be one hit K-O. 

But no. Because Erza's a tank. 

So it's not just magic. 

It's... something. It's Erza.

In short, it'll always resume to: She's Erza that's why...

She will solve every problem in the world :<_<:

#171 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,854 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:53 AM

In short, it'll always resume to: She's Erza that's why...
She will solve every problem in the world :<_<:

With a freaking sword.........
  • Saya likes this

#172 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationOn your face

Posted Yesterday, 11:56 AM

Spoiler
When I saw that tho, I was already aware of what "armor" she's going for...Wendy know it too. :mellow:

Red Flame Hakama :<_<:

Edited by Saya, Yesterday, 11:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users