Photo

[Character] Shiba "Kurosaki" Isshin (Part 3)

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#21 Saki Kai

Saki Kai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFukuoka Prefecture, ducking keisatsu

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Just here to gloat. I've said all along that Isshin never used FGT, and that he willingly gave his powers away. Now we have confirmation of that.

#22 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Uh, no, not yet. 

Try waiting one more chapter. 

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#23 angervictor

angervictor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

All the more reason for him to put the limiter so that he goes undetected?

We should remeber Aizen was expecting that a captain will need atleast a bankai to defeat Bob. He also said if Isshin can defeat it in shikai then they failed in the experiment and need to go backto drawing room. So I think Isshin has no limiter placed on him. Aizen would have known all the captains' strength. I dont think he would count Bob being defeated by a captain in bankai even with a limiter as it reduces reiatsu output to 20%

I also wonder whats his bankai is. If its fire type as shown, then i think all the fire or heat type bankais tax the user's body heavily.

Edited by angervictor, 27 April 2013 - 03:12 AM.

#24 Eidolis

Eidolis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

Uh, no, not yet. 

Try waiting one more chapter. 

Doesn't the whole plan rely on him being a shinigami though? I doubt he's about to perform the one technique that takes those powers away.

• Petite Fleur likes this

#25 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

I feel kind of bad for Isshin after seeing this

From being a captain class shinigami to a low class human who got taken out by a measly hollow.

Dang. That must suck. The despair he felt in his life must have been much greater than Ichigo's despair. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#26 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationWaiting for his Kittyspada :3

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Doesn't the whole plan rely on him being a shinigami though? I doubt he's about to perform the one technique that takes those powers away.

That does lead to the question is FGT a variant of some Shiba clan exclusive technique?

_wine__noir___dog_days_by_unkawaiigfx-d8

Thanks Zc. :aww:

#27 Haas

Haas

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

That does lead to the question is FGT a variant of some Shiba clan exclusive technique?

And the whole reiatsu  disspersing technique that is Getsuga Tenshou.

#28 Shola

Shola

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

I feel kind of bad for Isshin after seeing this

Nigga please.....

That shit is gonna be retconned ASAP.

"I sensed Rukia coming and I wanted my son to know true fear so I let myself get injured."

C'mon man, it's been a decade. You know how shit goes. Keep up.
15.jpg

"In politics, what matters isn't what the Facts are, what matters is what people believe."
~Thomas Sowell~

This world is a joke, make no mistake.

#29 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,888 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Nigga please.....

"I sensed Rukia coming and I wanted my son to know true fear so I let myself get injured."

The last chapter said he wouldn't be able to see or sense any of that, no?

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#30 Shola

Shola

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

The last chapter said he wouldn't be able to see or sense any of that, no?

In real time, how long was the scene above before his annihilation of Grand Fisher?

Actually, it doesn't matter.
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
15.jpg

"In politics, what matters isn't what the Facts are, what matters is what people believe."
~Thomas Sowell~

This world is a joke, make no mistake.

#31 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Nigga please.....

Why? Chapter 1 stated he had very weak spiritual power and was jealous of Ichigo's abilities to see ghosts. This chapter has stated that the special body he's been put into will make him spiritually unaware, will trap him in the body until the reishi threads are severed and may prevent him from ever again being able to be a shinigami. We already know from Chapter 1 that his spiritual power wasn't fully destroyed, and we know from Chapter 188 that he will regain his shinigami form.

The only thing I can see being 'retconned' is the idea that he does retain a very weak level of spiritual pressure when in that form rather than losing it entirely.

In real time, how long was the scene above before his annihilation of Grand Fisher?

Actually, it doesn't matter.
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

I believe it was in March or April that Ichigo and Rukia met (so the events of Chapter 1 occurred) and Ichigo's class had just started back to school in September when the Visoreds showed up and Isshin killed the Grand Fisher. So, there was approximately six months (in-universe time) between the two events. In real life time, Volume 1 was published in January 2002 and Volume 22 was published in May 2006, so there was approximately 4 years between the two scenes.

Edited by Milareppa, 28 April 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#32 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,888 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Why? Chapter 1 stated he had very weak spiritual power and was jealous of Ichigo's abilities to see ghosts. This chapter has stated that the special body he's been put into will make him spiritually unaware, will trap him in the body until the reishi threads are severed and may prevent him from ever again being able to be a shinigami. We already know from Chapter 1 that his spiritual power wasn't fully destroyed, and we know from Chapter 188 that he will regain his shinigami form.

The only thing I can see being 'retconned' is the idea that he does retain a very weak level of spiritual pressure when in that form rather than losing it entirely.

Perhaps, or Masaki's death weakened things, and Ichigo's "death" back before the invasion of soul society(to rescue Rukia) finally broke them.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#33 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Perhaps, or Masaki's death weakened things, and Ichigo's "death" back before the invasion of soul society(to rescue Rukia) finally broke them.

By retcon, I mean Kubo forget that he said in chapter 1 that Isshin does have weak spiritual pressure and instead say that Isshin has none. If Kubo retains the idea of Isshin having weak spiritual pressure rather than losing all of it, it won't be a retcon, no matter what explanation Kubo comes up with because Chapter 1 never explained why Isshin had weak spiritual pressure, it only said that he did.

#34 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,888 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

By retcon, I mean Kubo forget that he said in chapter 1 that Isshin does have weak spiritual pressure and instead say that Isshin has none. If Kubo retains the idea of Isshin having weak spiritual pressure rather than losing all of it, it won't be a retcon, no matter what explanation Kubo comes up with because Chapter 1 never explained why Isshin had weak spiritual pressure, it only said that he did.

I'm merely saying that it's more likely that Masaki's death weakened things and he gained weak spiritual pressure as a result than there is a chance of retcon. To me at least.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#35 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Nigga please.....

He didn't have the ability to see ghosts at that time though, so he wouldn't have had any way of seeing or sensing Rukia. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#36 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts
  • Location瀞霊廷で、哀れな死神を助けています。

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

I believe it was in March or April that Ichigo and Rukia met (so the events of Chapter 1 occurred) and Ichigo's class had just started back to school in September when the Visoreds showed up and Isshin killed the Grand Fisher.

In chapter 35, Uryu says he noticed that Ichigo gained the powers of a Shinigami in mid-May. It could have been a mistake on Uryu's part, but I think it's the only indication we've been given by the manga of when the events of chapter 1 occurred.

• Petite Fleur likes this

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#37 Jesterzzn

Jesterzzn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

In chapter 35, Uryu says he noticed that Ichigo gained the powers of a Shinigami in mid-May. It could have been a mistake on Uryu's part, but I think it's the only indication we've been given by the manga of when the events of chapter 1 occurred.

I thought there was someone who says Rukia was missing for a month. Is that not right?

If it is, then she leaves with Byakuya for Soul Society shortly after Memories in the Rain, which takes place on June 17th. Making chapter 1 sometime around the middle of May as Uryuu says.

#38 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts
  • Location瀞霊廷で、哀れな死神を助けています。

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

I thought there was someone who says Rukia was missing for a month. Is that not right?

If it is, then she leaves with Byakuya for Soul Society shortly after Memories in the Rain, which takes place on June 17th. Making chapter 1 sometime around the middle of May as Uryuu says.

Well, Renji had said to Rukia in chapter 52 that she became soft over the last "two, three months" (his words are different in other translations, but the consistency throughout every version seemed to be that Rukia personally changed over a period of at least a couple months). It was said in one of the side chapters that Rukia's mission would last a month, and Soul Society would obviously have to wait until that month was completed in order to begin tracking the Shinigami whom they thought "went missing," so your estimate sounds fairly accurate.

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#39 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

That's actually the quote I was thinking of, but I remembered the month wrong. I was fairly certain it began with 'M' though. :)

She was in the human world for approximately two months, possibly three at the most. Her original assignment was supposed to be for a month, however. The flashback chapter to her being assigned to Karakura Town also has Ichigo's year group starting the school year which was set before her assignment began, so was probably March/April time (cherry blossoms were in flower in the chapter). That would bring us to May. The quest for Rukia took place over the summer holidays in August.

Looks like Rukia was in the living world for 3 months, one month formally and two months being AWOL.

#40 Elijah Ballard

Elijah Ballard

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • LocationHell, AZ

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

Just started catching up now that school's out. 

Young Isshin is sexy as all hell.

966f13ea-3986-48d5-b67f-28ddb6d4962a_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users