Photo

WSJ ToC Talk & Discussions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1127 replies to this topic

#1 Echo

Echo

Seventy-eight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

What is this thread about?
This thread started in 2006 as a scan archive for Weekly Shounen Jump (WSJ) manga. It was essentially a place for all raws from WSJ that didn't have their own R/T/S threads here at MangaHelpers. Over the years, many members (including The Touch, xi0, Kylara, Asakura, Sai_the_Shaman, Waeyen, and Heiji, to name a few) have been helping out in this thread by scanning covers, ToC pages, previews, and sharing the raws they found or scanned.

With MH's upgrade to v2.3, there's no longer a need for a separate scan archive. This all new 2012 thread will be for you, the fans, to discuss whatever you like about WSJ! Predominantly, discussions will be centered around the ToC ranking that's posted weekly. You can also post the magazine covers and preview pages in this thread.

What is the ToC ranking?
ToC stands for Table of Contents. It's found on the last page of every issue of WSJ, but more importantly, the order the series appear in on the ToC is closely related to the popularity of the series. This is determined by polling the readers; there is a polling postcard in every issue of WSJ.

Each week, a certain guy from 2ch writes out TOC for the following week's Jump. TOC order is usually based on polling result of readers, thus you will know how your favorite series are doing based on the order.

Some exceptions etc:
- For the 2nd-8th chapters, TOC is already decided, though it could change depends on readers' ranking.
- The TOC is affected by the popularity of 8 chapter ago.
- Shueisha's aiming their main target as elementary and junior high school students, thus, their votes weigh probably more than others (fangirls).

Cover Orange - Lead Color Purple- Center Color Blue - Oneshot Color Yellow - New Green - Finished Red

Note: these need to be re organized. Copy pasted from old site without the codes (no color). Ctrl + f to find stuff faster. Edit: Okay, adding in color is a lot harder on this forum for some reason. It keeps bugging out on me :/

2012 ToC:

Spoiler

2013 ToC:

Spoiler

Current issue:

Issue 16:
Gintama (Cover, Lead CP)
Toriko
Bleach
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
World Trigger
En Musubi no Kami!? Makkey (CP, One Shot)
Nisekoi
Kuroko no Basket
Haikyuu!!
Sket Dance
Koisuru Edison
Beelzebub
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Medaka Box
Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san
Hungry Joker
Cross・Manage

One Piece, Naruto (Absent)

Issue 17:
Cover, Lead CP: Kuroko no Basket
CP: Haikyuu!!, Shokugeki no Souma, Sporting Salt (One Shot by Kubota Yuuto)

Absent: Bleach

Edited by Echo, 19 March 2013 - 03:52 AM.

#2 Echo

Echo

Seventy-eight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

In case anyone wants it, heres the 2011 ToC. I kept getting timed out errors when I had it in the opening post.

Spoiler

Edited by Echo, 14 December 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#3 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Nice of you to make this thread for us, Echo. :glomp:

ilhd1c.jpg

#4 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Where is Negative Syndicate?? :(

6474505L.gif

#5 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

I am surprised Assassination Classroom is always so highly ranked. I tried it a while back and I just couldn't get into it. Didn't like the main character much, but maybe I'll give it another chance.

Though it is always nice to see Medaka at the bottom of the rankings. ^^

#6 Shiro

Shiro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Maybe I should try PSI Kusuo Saiki, it looks like fun... but... I'll probably wait until it has 30 chapter or something... because yeah... Jump >_>

#7 Echo

Echo

Seventy-eight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Where is Negative Syndicate?? :(

Yeah I hope he finds his way here soon. Ruggia too.

I am surprised Assassination Classroom is always so highly ranked. I tried it a while back and I just couldn't get into it. Didn't like the main character much, but maybe I'll give it another chance.

I also haven't been able to get into AssClass. I dunno why. The first 6 chapters were basically the exact same every chapter, just with different students.

Maybe I should try PSI Kusuo Saiki, it looks like fun... but... I'll probably wait until it has 30 chapter or something... because yeah... Jump >_>

It already is at or around 30 chapters :P It appears to be in a good spot, especially for a new manga. Its been ranking very well. Its not in any danger of cancellation. I'd say Kurogane, Cross Manage, and Retsu!! are next on the copping block, unless some of the series that just started tank.

#8 Shiro

Shiro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

It already is at or around 30 chapters :P It appears to be in a good spot, especially for a new manga. Its been ranking very well. Its not in any danger of cancellation. I'd say Kurogane, Cross Manage, and Retsu!! are next on the copping block, unless some of the series that just started tank.

ah ok thank you ^_^

#9 Echo

Echo

Seventy-eight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Well, for anyone who is curious, here is last weeks sales numbers for Jump series from MH.

December 3 - December 9 Jump Comic sales

*1 -- *,684,299 *,684,299  - HUNTER×HUNTER 31
*2 -- *,429,883 *,429,883  - Kuroko no Basket 20
*4 -- *,399,278 *,399,278  - BLEACH 57
*5 -- *,243,178 *,243,178  - Toriko 22
*7 -- *,233,890 *,233,890  - Gintama 47
*8 -- *,204,155 *,204,155  - REBORN! 41
11 -- *,149,105 *,149,105  - Nurarihyon no Mago 24
13 -- *,133,560 *,133,560  - SKET DANCE 28
14 -- *,124,903 *,124,903  - Beelzebub 19
15 -- *,107,271 *,107,271  - Medaka Box 18
19 -- *,*46,778 *,*46,778  - PSI Kusuo Saiki 2
20 -- *,*46,692 2,607,094  - ONE PIECE 68
23 -- *,*43,312 *,*43,312  - Kochikame 183
40 -- *,*25,889 *,387,584  - Assassination Classroom 1

#10 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Kuroko's anime is really getting it off the ground.  Not that long ago, even with the anime, it was only at 250-300k on the first week, but 430k for a first week is amazing.  Before the anime, I think it was like 80-100k for the first week.

In terms of Assassination Classroom, I'd have to agree with the sentiments expressed above.  It just didn't have any life and was exactly the same the first 6-7 chapters, plus I don't like gag mangas in the first place.

Edit:

I PMed Negative on MH and I'm sure he'll find his way here.

ilhd1c.jpg

#11 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

NIce to see you've made it here, Negative.

Say, what's Kekkai Sensen?  A SQ series or is it published somewhere else?

ilhd1c.jpg

#12 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

yay bleach is selling well, im glad, its edging up in the rankings and in sales, which is good since this arc is amazing

im hoping that this will show the anime team that an anime would still be worthwhile for bleach, since i assumed they took it off just to wait so they would not have to do a lot of fillers, i hope thats the case especially now that bleach is doing much better then before.

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#13 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

I'd like it if Onepunch-Man would sell a little better next volume. I wonder if 40,000 copies for the debut volume of a web comic is consiered a success?

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#14 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Though it is always nice to see Medaka at the bottom of the rankings. ^^

Haters gonna hate.

#15 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I think it is high for web comic.

G-Maru Edition, a series (from Jump SQ.19) by Kawashita Mizuki (author of Ichigo 100%), has ended on this month's SQ.19's issue.

Oh wow. That's surprising. Was it canceled? Do you know what chapter it ended on? I just recently read chapter 15 and it didn't seem like the last chapter, so is it 16?

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#16 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

So many good series canceled due to lack of sales and ranking... St&rs was one I was looking forward to. Yet several series were in the bottom for the longest time and still continue to this day. It's gotta be all politics.

fallout3_dogmeat_zpsjyrxypvn.jpg?t=14248

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

#17 Echo

Echo

Seventy-eight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

To be fair, ST&RS was in the bottom five for 29 straight issues. Thats a damn long time for a Jump series to be in the bottom before getting canceled.

Edited by Echo, 16 December 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#18 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

To be fair, ST&RS was in the bottom five for 29 straight issues. Thats a damn long time for a Jump series to be in the bottom before getting canceled.

True, but I've seen some down there for 5 and get cancelled and some there forever and keep going (like Medaka Box).

As I said, I'm sure a lot of it is politics combined with the fact that the demographic they're targetting doesn't like anything outside of action or comedy. Long gone are the days of series like Ichigo 100% or I"s survivng in WSJ.

fallout3_dogmeat_zpsjyrxypvn.jpg?t=14248

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

#19 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

True, but I've seen some down there for 5 and get cancelled and some there forever and keep going (like Medaka Box).

As I said, I'm sure a lot of it is politics combined with the fact that the demographic they're targetting doesn't like anything outside of action or comedy. Long gone are the days of series like Ichigo 100% or I"s survivng in WSJ.

Not even sure why Medaka box is low so often...better than alot of the other things that are in the magazine.

#20 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Medaka Box was able to stay worst situation, unlike St&rs (which it was stayed for last place and unable to get out from there).

Not even sure why Medaka box is low so often...better than alot of the other things that are in the magazine.

Medaka is stayed low for most of time, even it is doing low now. Medaka was able to survive because there was always one or two series that were doing even worse than Medaka.

Edited by Negative Syndicate, 16 December 2012 - 03:19 PM.