• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

The Syndicate of Peculiar Cavaliers

TheSyndicate.png

Righteousness, Order, and Peculiarity

Hello, ladies and gentlemen!

If you are reading this, then you have shown a remarkable talent that is simply not mundane in origin. There is a curtain that separates the normal world, filled with earnest men and women who live day-to-day as regular human, and the world of peculiarity, a wondrous reality too bizarre for most to comprehend. Now, you may be wondering who I am, and why I am addressing you, and I will get to that in the moment. For now, allow me to introduce myself. I am Sir Reginald Tyrano IV, Director of the Syndicate of Peculiar Cavaliers. I am a dinosaur, and a gentleman. No need to be alarmed, it is quite unbecoming if I were to eat a person.

Now you must be wondering “What is the Syndicate of Peculiar Cavaliers?” To simply put it, we are the ones that maintain that curtain between the mundane and the extraordinary. As for how you play into all of this? To simply put it, we need you and your exceptional talents to join the ranks of our organisation.

Welcome to the Syndicate of Peculiar Cavaliers!

Signed,
Sir Reginald Tyrano IV, Director of the Syndicate of Peculiar Cavaliers

Character Sheet

[Your character's appearance here; applicable only with an image]
[Your character's name]
[A meaningful epithet of your character]

Theme: The song that best describes the sheer badassery of your character
Age: How old you are, or something. Odds are, some of you make immortals or long-lasting characters. You probably wouldn't put in a number.
Gender: What your character identifies as. Be a transgender if you want to!

History: Your character's background story. Be sure to include how they had joined the Syndicate of Peculiar Cavaliers.

Peculiarity: Your character's peculiarity. Do I really have to explain this? I really don't feel like explaining this in-depth. Go wild with it. Blargh.

SIGN-UPS ARE ALWAYS OPEN
ANYONE THAT LATER ASKS IN THE LOUNGE IF THIS IS OPEN WILL BE SMACKED

Edited by Liar, 24 April 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#2 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

ANNOUNCEMENTS

24 April 2013

• OOC Created
  • Non-playable characters, organisations, and other things can be submitted to add more flavour to the World of Peculiar Cavaliers.
    • ​If you're looking into making one of these, please make them with substance. I don't care if you decided to create some powerful figure, but if all there is to it is that he is powerful, I don't want him. Be more creative than simply tacking on immense strength.

Edited by Liar, 24 April 2013 - 01:21 AM.

#3 JumpinJr

JumpinJr

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationIn the Great State of Texas

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

In that case, For my Scarves

#4 De Facto

De Facto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIn your heart

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

The more NPCs I see from others, the more I think II'll likely put the stipulation on myself when it comes to NPC creation to only focus on characters a tad closer to the "normal human" scale. That, and I want to focus more on characters inspired by literature. Fairy tales, folklore, and mythology are great and all, but given the setting of the RP and how the entire thing is inspired by the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, I very much like the theme of taking characters from poetry, novels, and the like and putting a twist on them to make them more suitable for the Syndicate.

For example: Nathaniel P. Hawthorne is an excellent source of character ideas, and though he's an American novelist and not English, many of his short stories deal with some rather peculiar subject matter. Ideas could include...

-From The Minister's Black Veil, a priest (Father Hooper) who has developed a Faustian sort of contract with a demon and is cursed to maintain its physical appearance so long as he utilizes its power, thus the reason for his constant wearing of his black veil.

-From The Man of Adamant, a hermit (Richard Digby) who, due to the consumption of water dripping from a cave ceiling (which he made into his new home after self-imposed exile from humanity), gave him a condition of being covered in adamant and is therefore impervious to harm with the tradeoff of no longer being able to function as a regular human capable of experiencing more human sensations of pleasure, warmth, etc. due to his shut-away nature turning him into an impenetrable being divided form all else. 

-From Rappacini's Daughter, a scholar (Giovanni Guasconti) who, due to frequent exposure to poison exuded from his now deceased lover, Beatrice Rappaccini (who herself was poisonous due to constantly taking care of poisonous plants on behalf of her father), has become a man capable of poisoning others through his breath and contact with the skin of others, these poisons being plant-based in nature and reconfigured within Giovanni to create varying effects; alongside his poisonous nature, however, Giovanni could also serve as a potent pharmacist capable of manifesting antidotes and the like for more medicinal purposes.

-From Dr. Heidegger's Experiment (probably the most recognizable of these listed suggestions), the titular doctor himself who has developed a means of eternal longevity and immortality through his studies of the waters from the fabled Fountain of Youth and has thus amassed much knowledge throughout his existence.

It very well might just be me, but this feels more fitting for the "spirit of things," I guess you could say. 

#5 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

I need three small paragraphs.

A brief history, a description of the character, and anything else.

Check the links in the Info Cache to see how I wrote it.

#6 Rogue

Rogue

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

Spoiler

Posted Image

#7 SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Warlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationI'm sorry, I can't hear you over the awesome of my shotgun gauntlets!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

FIGHT FOR THE LIVING
FIGHT FOR THE DEAD

Spoiler

Edited by SliceAndDice, 24 April 2013 - 03:18 AM.

Yanggif3_zps62f0e097.gif

#8 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationIkaruga

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

Just gotta shade and scan now.

Spoiler Regent Aeon (picture pending)

Well this is going to be somewhat uncreative, I wanted something other than Templars but there was nothing else. Isadora, Regent's aunt is part of their number.

The Templars - A secret agency similar to the Peculiar Cavaliers, in that they employ people of all kinds of backgrounds, but unlike them they aim not for the protection of anything, but for the domination of everything. Many, many times have they crossed swords with the Cavaliers, usually for some kind of objective, and just as many times as their members were put down by the Cavaliers, the Templars have done the same. Their members and number are generally unknown, their base is known to be in the Vatican but to reach their headquarters is a truly perilous and confusing path, that none have scouted out since the beginning of their founding.

In the name of god they say that they manipulate, kill and steal. Their leader is a true enigma, some say it could in fact be the pope himself, but none can prove that. Their history of course goes far back into the Dark Ages and the Crusades, and sometimes even speculated to be even before then. They are an ancient organization that cannot easily be defeated, and maybe it is impossible to defeat. Regardless however they continue to work among the shadows obtaining assets for their purposes.

They have been an enemy to the Cavaliers since founding, clashing for years with no clear result. While they do not wield as much combat prowess or might as any demonic god, they are feared perhaps because they wield the same thing the Cavaliers do. Information, diversity and strategy. If there is a vampire or werewolf within the Cavaliers chances are there is another within the Templars, they have evolved from rejecting unholy creatures to accepting all who share the same ideal. So long as they yearn for a 'unified' world, they fight alongside one another.

Edited by ~L~, 25 April 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#9 VorgX

VorgX

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

Behold!

Spoiler

Edited by VorgX, 25 April 2013 - 11:15 AM.

294p6e0.jpg

#10 itano123

itano123

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • Locationin the middle of bloodshed, tainted crimson

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

i will be making an organization something like this:

(will elaburate after making a character)

Spoiler

kizunasigsupah_zpsdce21450.png
credit goes to Raijuu for combining a fav char with a fav drink 

"all of itano's characters have at least one mental disorder. Even if it's not literally a mental disorder; itano takes it to extremes which practically functions as a mental disorder."

Wise words by wise women.... and a not so wise man

Spoiler

#11 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationIkaruga

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

I remember that card.

Saved me a couple of times it did.

#12 itano123

itano123

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • Locationin the middle of bloodshed, tainted crimson

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

it also saved me, the card was the first thing that came to my mind so i'm using it

kizunasigsupah_zpsdce21450.png
credit goes to Raijuu for combining a fav char with a fav drink 

"all of itano's characters have at least one mental disorder. Even if it's not literally a mental disorder; itano takes it to extremes which practically functions as a mental disorder."

Wise words by wise women.... and a not so wise man

Spoiler

#13 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

@Rogue
Accepted, woo!

@Slice
Cars have not been popularised yet to warrant part of the opening paragraph in your history; change it (I am nitpicky). It wouldn't have been called cars yet. Other than that, you're accepted. It would be great to see how she would react to Edward Sinclair.

@L
Excellent character. I would accept you if you delete your first post of the OOC.

As for your organisation suggestion, I am flat out rejecting it. I want something more creative than that Templar nonsense. That has been done to death, and I do not want any part of it in this roleplay. Seriously. Fuck those guys.

@Vorg
Hey, hey, we meet Danny Phantom. You're accepted, Vorg.

Post all your stuff up in the info cache, fellers.

#14 SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Warlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationI'm sorry, I can't hear you over the awesome of my shotgun gauntlets!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

@Vorg: I would very much like to hear more about this red-haired woman.

Also, 2 people I submit.

For the first, HE RIDES AGAIN!

Spoiler Cavalier Field Commander

I also feel I ought to make sure this guy checks out before I go implementing him.

Name: Vladimir

Appearance: Vladimir is only ever visible as a wintery grey ball of light that resembles a burning torch.

Description: Vladimir, or Vlad as he often prefers, is easily one of the most powerful Spirits Aurora has ever met and is definitively the strongest she can call upon. In life, he had been a Russian sorcerer of incredible clout and power. His research into magical theory had been by leaps and bounds, but in the end not even he could defeat the Grim Reaper.

Granted, it would've likely helped if he hadn't been willing to sleep with anything that had breasts, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

As a Spirit, Vlad is rarely far from Aurora herself. Having forged a contract with her, he uses her essence as a Spirit Walker to sustain himself and in return she is given dominion over him, giving her access primarily to his large store of knowledge accumulated over a millennium as well as the services of one of the few spectral beings able to influence the physical world without high emotions. He's blunt, lewd, sarcastic, and his mind is one of the dirtiest and most perverted of all time, but when push comes to shove he gets the job done and gets it done well. 

Yanggif3_zps62f0e097.gif

#15 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationIkaruga

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

Thought as much.

Well generally I just need something to fit the mold of "evil large organization fighting with the Cavaliers for generations" for Regent's aunt to be a part of.

So, I've thought up two names, and I can't decide which is better. The Inglorious Cossacks or the Incredulous Knights?

#16 Ecko

Ecko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

Heya! I had an idea based on Schrödinger's thought experiment and Schrödinger from Hellsing. I may have gone a little overboard, but thoughts? 

Spoiler

Edited by Ecko, 24 April 2013 - 05:37 AM.

#17 Darkoda

Darkoda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Darkoda, 24 April 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#18 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Spoiler Ma Liang

Need a theme song though :/

Edited by Lone_ant, 24 April 2013 - 09:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users