• Please log in to reply
1386 replies to this topic

#21 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

How many chapters of this are there in Japan? I remember seeing it getting an anime announcement and it surprised me since only 12 chapters had been scanned, unless it's an adaption of a LN or something too.

did it get anime announcement yet? I don't think it did..... or I don't really remember :P but it should be pretty soon.

the manga is up-to-date as far as I know, so yeah it's a light novel, and it's selling really well :D

(I plan to start reading the series over winter.... hopefully)

Edited by ruggia, 22 December 2012 - 03:17 AM.

#22 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts
  • LocationExiled in Iceland

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

I'm looking for a good mystery/suspense/horror series.Can be shounen or seinen. If it's seinen, I would prefer if it didn't have excessive gore. I can do gore, but I hate needlessly excessive blood. Some series I've read are Death Note, Mirai Nikki, Bloody Monday, and Enigma. There may be a few others, but I can't think of them ATM. Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Pandora Hearts and Dorohedoro.

Pandora Hearts is a shounen manga which focuses heavily on memory loss and the protagonists are trying to get their memory back and figure out what is the protagonist's "sin" and why he was condemned to the abyss. It has good art which can be cute and horrifying at times.

Dorohedoro is a seinen manga which also has a protagonist who has lost his memory and he also has a lizard head, soon the heroes get the attention of a mob boss and things escalate fast all while we slowly find out what is the mystery behind the lizard face and we figure out there is even a greater secret. The art is very detailed and gritty, it may take some time to get used to it but it's very creative.

• YoWid likes this

#23 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,517 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

did it get anime announcement yet? I don't think it did..... or I don't really remember :P but it should be pretty soon.

the manga is up-to-date as far as I know, so yeah it's a light novel, and it's selling really well :D

(I plan to start reading the series over winter.... hopefully)

Huh.. I could have sworn I saw something on ANN or somewhere...

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#24 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Pandora Hearts and Dorohedoro.

Pandora Hearts is a shounen manga which focuses heavily on memory loss and the protagonists are trying to get their memory back and figure out what is the protagonist's "sin" and why he was condemned to the abyss. It has good art which can be cute and horrifying at times.

Dorohedoro is a seinen manga which also has a protagonist who has lost his memory and he also has a lizard head, soon the heroes get the attention of a mob boss and things escalate fast all while we slowly find out what is the mystery behind the lizard face and we figure out there is even a greater secret. The art is very detailed and gritty, it may take some time to get used to it but it's very creative.

Thanks for responding.

Pandora Hearts is a name I've been hearing for a while now, but I've never actually gave it a try. I'll be sure to try it out.

Dorohedoro sounds flat out bizarre. Haven't heard of anything quite like it before. Definitely going to give this a good look.

#25 Eger

Eger

The Force is with Me I am one with the Force

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationTeetering on the brink, facing the abyss...

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Looking for either a manga that has religion struggles as part of it's agenda or a manga that has magic/supernatural but is has intricate rules that governs it's universe such as Full Metal Alchemist, Negima and Fate/Stay Night.

Spark Liner High OST, Dota 2 Comeback Game 2013

Posted Image

"... A hero who used a poem about himself as his spell. Even if I don't understand the meaning behind it... I will accept these words in your place."

#26 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

I'm looking for a good mystery/suspense/horror series.Can be shounen or seinen. If it's seinen, I would prefer if it didn't have excessive gore. I can do gore, but I hate needlessly excessive blood. Some series I've read are Death Note, Mirai Nikki, Bloody Monday, and Enigma. There may be a few others, but I can't think of them ATM. Anyway, any help is appreciated.

You should try Ouroboros. Whole manga is mystery(detective stuff but good one). Only thing where it lacks according your description is that horror part. I think it can catch your interest.

#27 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

You should try Ouroboros. Whole manga is mystery(detective stuff but good one). Only thing where it lacks according your description is that horror part. I think it can catch your interest.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to check it out. Sounds like a pretty good revenge storyline, and I like that there's a good amount to read right now. I'll be sure to try it.

Edited by wingman32x, 22 December 2012 - 01:22 PM.

#28 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to check it out. Sounds like a pretty good revenge storyline, and I like that there's a good amount to read right now. I'll be sure to try it.

oho that exactly it is. If you like it from first glance then you will love it.I'm pretty sure.

#29 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

@WingSomething.

Surely you've read Monster? If not, go read it as if your life depended on it. It's a must. ;)

• Wang likes this

6474505L.gif

#30 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

@WingSomething.

Surely you've read Monster? If not, go read it as if your life depended on it. It's a must. ;)

Well first, let me put my shield up.

No, I haven't read Monster yet. I know it's one of those "bucket list" manga that everybody has to at least try, but I haven't really put focus on completed series in a while. Over my break I intend to, though. I've already started Hellsing, but after that I'll give it a lengthy trial and see what happens.

#31 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Well first, let me put my shield up.

No, I haven't read Monster yet. I know it's one of those "bucket list" manga that everybody has to at least try, but I haven't really put focus on completed series in a while. Over my break I intend to, though. I've already started Hellsing, but after that I'll give it a lengthy trial and see what happens.

I haven't finished it yet, either.  :P

Honestly, I've read most of the things that got recommended to you, and this is the closest thing to what you're searching for. Seinen, very complex, mysterious, with pretty much no gore or anything like that. I really hate the art, but that's me only.

Edited by Rashugun, 22 December 2012 - 01:38 PM.

6474505L.gif

#32 Gildartz25

Gildartz25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

Looking for either a manga that has religion struggles as part of it's agenda or a manga that has magic/supernatural but is has intricate rules that governs it's universe such as Full Metal Alchemist, Negima and Fate/Stay Night.

For magic/supernatural I would suggest Witch Hunter. 

Posted Image

#33 daoko

daoko

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Can someone recommend me a nice slow-paced drama-ish/slice of life manga. Something like Solanin.

Thank you.

iI8JgRw.jpg

#34 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Good ending but u probaly read that.

#35 Tejón rebelde

Tejón rebelde

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan and Hoshi no Koe ?

Don't know Solanin (it's in my list), but those two are slow-paced and with lots of drama.

#36 TheLastPierrot

TheLastPierrot

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

I would suggest you Doubt and maybe Judge(I havent read Judge yet, but its from the same author as Doubt and apparently the same genre and atmosphere)

check my facebook page for updates: https://www.facebook...heDreamCatcherz

or my twitter: https://twitter.com/TheLastPierrot

#37 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Can someone recommend me a nice slow-paced drama-ish/slice of life manga. Something like Solanin.

Thank you.

Yesterday wo Uttate might be worth a look.

Edited by wingman32x, 23 December 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#38 Baka-Dynasty

Baka-Dynasty

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationTo infinity and beyond

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

I would suggest you Doubt and maybe Judge(I havent read Judge yet, but its from the same author as Doubt and apparently the same genre and atmosphere)

ive read judged :3 its really good and so is doubt but judge goes deeper then doubt while in doubt people anw not spoiling :D

Also i may recomand you guys ro read some older mangas Flame of recca for instance :3

!Banana head fart man !

Selena_gomez_sig_by_litlemusa.jpg

*Knowledge can never replace friendship, i prefer to be an idiot*

Come check out my video room thread :3

http://onemangaforum...z-video-room-3/

Spoiler

#39 LucidTurtle

LucidTurtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSplit, Croatia, Europe

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

Hmmm... " BLAME! " is a really good SciFi/Horror manga with little blood but a really dark feeling to it. Well its quite uniqe, you either love it or hate it.

As for mistery " Gosick " is a really nice one. Its not that dark, its more like Sherloc Holmes in a way.

Hope it helps !!!

I watched "Towa no Quon", " Darker than Black " and " Gantz" trough the last month... You guys know anything similar ?

#40 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Thanks for responding. I remember looking into Judge when it was first getting scanlated, but put it on the back burner when I found out that Doubt was pretty much required reading. Didn't have the time to do that. I'll be sure to look into it again.

Hmmm... " BLAME! " is a really good SciFi/Horror manga with little blood but a really dark feeling to it. Well its quite uniqe, you either love it or hate it.

As for mistery " Gosick " is a really nice one. Its not that dark, its more like Sherloc Holmes in a way.

Hope it helps !!!

I watched "Towa no Quon", " Darker than Black " and " Gantz" trough the last month... You guys know anything similar ?

Thanks for the suggestions. Not really crazy about BLAME, but I might try a few chapters just to be sure. I watched a bit of the Gosick anime and liked it, but for some reason I never continued it. So I might look into the manga and the novels(if translated).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users