• Please log in to reply
1385 replies to this topic

#41 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6276 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

Can someone recommend me a nice slow-paced drama-ish/slice of life manga. Something like Solanin.

Thank you.

Pretty much everything Asano Inio has done, Nijigahara Holograph, Oyasami Punpun (my rec), Subarashii Sekai .....

Ciguatera, Yokohama Shopping Trip, Can´t See Can´t Hear But Love, Planetes (in space but still slow slice of life) and of course Watashi-tachi no Shiawase na Jikan

qhz8b56l.png

#42 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

Aria.

6474505L.gif

#43 Shinki

Shinki

Shinki Bus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4366 posts
  • LocationBlade Dizzle Gangbang

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Can anyone recommend me anything good in the horror genre?  I don't really have much experience in horror anime/manga besides Higurashi, Umineko and I guess you could consider Shikabane Hime horror as well.  And please, not Highschool of the Dead.  

#44 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5515 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

You could try:

BioMeat

Ex-Shounen

Manhole

Emerging

Hohzuki Island

Cradle of Monsters

Variante

Higanjima

Shingeki no Kyojin

Sprite

I haven't read the ones below, but I see them talked about when Horror is brought up.

Uzumaki

Gyo

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#45 Shinki

Shinki

Shinki Bus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4366 posts
  • LocationBlade Dizzle Gangbang

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

You could try:

BioMeat

Ex-Shounen

Manhole

Emerging

Hohzuki Island

Cradle of Monsters

Variante

Higanjima

Shingeki no Kyojin

Sprite

I haven't read the ones below, but I see them talked about when Horror is brought up.

Uzumaki

Gyo

Hmm, a few of those look pretty interesting.  I've heard Shingeki no Kyojin mentioned a lot before, and Higanjima, Emerging and Variante also seem good.  Thanks a bunch.  

Edited by Shinki, 26 December 2012 - 10:00 PM.

#46 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1545 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Shingeki no Kyojin is awesome though i'm not sure if we can say that it is horror.

Btw i'm looking for some 'INSANE' manga(if not then anime at least). Hm to be more precise something with main character acting totally normal but have something like switch on Insanity. Of course when that person will go insane i would appreciate if he/she was capable of gore/blood stuff. Without that it is no fun at all. Also semi good art is welcomed.

#47 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Shingeki no Kyojin is awesome though i'm not sure if we can say that it is horror.

Btw i'm looking for some 'INSANE' manga(if not then anime at least). Hm to be more precise something with main character acting totally normal but have something like switch on Insanity. Of course when that person will go insane i would appreciate if he/she was capable of gore/blood stuff. Without that it is no fun at all. Also semi good art is welcomed.

These two are about extremely sick psychotic individuals and are not for those bothered by that, mature, grotesque.  In both the mc is the psychotic. 

Doctor DuMing

MPD Psycho

Edited by inzaratha, 26 December 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#48 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5515 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

With some of the content in Shingeki no Kyojin I think it could qualify as horror. Suppose it may depend on what you think makes up a horror. I'd say it has a lot of terror/fear of death among other things in it

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#49 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6276 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

That´s really specific but other than MPD Psycho which was already mentioned, Koroshiya 1 (Ichi the Killer) fits perfectly

qhz8b56l.png

#50 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1545 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Thanks a lot it looks really interesting i'll give it a try. I wonder why i didn't see anyone to recommend this at old forum.

#51 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6276 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

Thanks a lot it looks really interesting i'll give it a try. I wonder why i didn't see anyone to recommend this at old forum.

Just a little warning (i don´t know what you are used to), both but especially Ichi the Killer can get really disgusting.

qhz8b56l.png

#52 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1545 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

No need to worry about me i don't believe that something like that exist within this word that can disgust me enough.It will be more like 'okay bro' story for me.Needless worries

#53 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6276 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

Have fun with it then, i also did not have a problem with it but i am the kind of guy who just had to grin while watching "2 girls 1 cup" :lol:

• Don't say likes this

qhz8b56l.png

#54 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5134 posts
  • LocationExiled in Iceland

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Have fun with it then, i also did not have a problem with it but i am the kind of guy who just had to grin while watching "2 girls 1 cup" :lol:

Eew  :wacko:

#55 Tejón rebelde

Tejón rebelde

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Just a little warning (i don´t know what you are used to), both but especially Ichi the Killer can get really disgusting.

Ichi was probably one one the most disgusting manga I've ever read. Only pointless violence for the sake of violence. It's just my opinion, but this is shit.

Looking for an insane manga, Franken Fran is, for sure. And gore too, and you can consider that Fran, in a few aspects, is normal. Just a few though.

#56 Metal Heart

Metal Heart

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2292 posts
  • LocationCosmere

User's Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Something sorta deep and philosophical please.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

If anyone is in the mood for some Smash Bros 3DS my friend code is 1118-0339-4355.

Spoiler I am writing stuff

#57 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6276 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Something sorta deep and philosophical please.

Mushishi, Pluto, Eden - it´s an endless World, Zetman, Yokohama Shopping Trip, Planetes, Subarashii Sekai, Akira

• Metal Heart likes this

qhz8b56l.png

#58 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1545 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

These two are about extremely sick psychotic individuals and are not for those bothered by that, mature, grotesque.  In both the mc is the psychotic. 

Doctor DuMing

MPD Psycho

Done, i read both of them. they are not bad. I really enjoyed first half of MPD. second half was also good but not like 1st.

Still it was not gore/insane/mad/psychotic enough for my personality. Something more horrible would be nice to have.

So again. Looking for Psychotic manga which ich full of Insanity/madness/(gore? well i don't need it but it is always part of story with Insane people). Semi-good art will be welcome

Not really man. it was more like fight of cute puppies. Also, interesting but jesus. Disgusting? not really.

#59 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Well... I could say Shamo.

I mean, the main character is batshit insane and turns insaner as things go on, but it isn't that gory or... horror-some. It's martial marts manga actually. Just with an incredible character with incredible things going in in his mind.

I'll guess you've already read Hellsing and Berserk...

Well... What about the Baccano! anime? Just look at my avatar. : ) It can be very light-hearted at times, but there are some homicidal lunatics also. 

6474505L.gif

#60 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1545 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

I already have shamo behind me..It is same with berserk/hellsing.But hmp anime you say? I think i could give it a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users