• Please log in to reply
1014 replies to this topic

#1001 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

Actually because after those God-like 6, it's too hard for me, NOW, to pick another 14 among many manga I like so that's why I wrote it here as a recommendation :P

Do it man, you can rank them if you want to

#1002 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,394 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

Do it man, you can rank them if you want to

you have to give me at least top 35...I just can't pick between some of them...It's like pondering who to sleep with between Scarlett Johansson and Anne Hathaway...impossible, man.

Want to debate match-up?

Spoiler Top 10 Male Manga Characters Overall

#1003 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

you have to give me at least top 35...I just can't pick between some of them...It's like pondering who to sleep with between Scarlett Johansson and Anne Hathaway...impossible, man.

Scarlett all the way man, c´mon

Take as many ranks as you need, top 35 sounds good

• Raiden likes this

#1004 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,394 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:23 PM

Take as many ranks as you need, top 35 sounds good

then that would not be top20 anymore... :mellow:

Want to debate match-up?

#1005 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:29 PM

then that would not be top20 anymore... :mellow:

Most of the posters did not do top 20 anyway, either more or less, so does not matter

#1006 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,394 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:37 PM

Most of the posters did not do top 20 anyway, either more or less, so does not matter

Well, I feel top35 is not very representative and I kinda want to catch up to Vinland Saga and Kingdom first since their hype is off the chart and might be in my top 10 (and maybe some of the stuffs you recommend like Hideo, Tsutomu that I haven't read etc.)

But well, I will do, customer Shinmen :lol: . Wait 10 minutes.

Want to debate match-up?

#1007 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:29 AM

Fulmine what do you mean by PIS?

Also FMA had pretty solid fight choreographs from what I remember and a lot of them. One of the best I have seen in shounen.

And I am picky with them since I am a martial arts fan for as long as I can remember myself.

PS: Both Johansson and Hathaway are overrated! :P

#1008 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

Plot induced stupidity and gtfo about johansson

• Raiden likes this

#1009 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:36 AM

Plot induced stupidity and gtfo about johansson

She's hot as hell and a good actor, but she is not that pretty. Thinking how many people consider him the biggest beauty ever I find that it's totally unfair.

Edited by Red Haired Shanks, 21 October 2014 - 08:37 AM.

#1010 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,394 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:19 PM

Also FMA had pretty solid fight choreographs from what I remember and a lot of them. One of the best I have seen in shounen.

And I am picky with them since I am a martial arts fan for as long as I can remember myself.

Solid with what is drawn, yes. Extend it to satisfactory level, NO! It's like you mark a Maths paper. The student did the first 3 questions perfectly. You feel ''I see, this one will be good. The basis is extremely well-done'' but then in the next 4 harder questions, either blank or wrong...

Arakawa definitely has potential to draw fights if Bradley's sword fighting is any indication (or maybe that's all she can muster?) but she just does not draw more...The Alchemy also has potential to be a more complex and good combat system but she never really explores it. But that's my personal liking anw.

She's hot as hell and a good actor, but she is not that pretty

That is enough.

But weird...for me, being pretty does not mean being hot cause you can be the ''meek'' type of pretty or gentle/soft type but being hot definitely means being pretty. But well...whatever.

Oh, and I have 2 to recommend (to be on topic).

I read them in my language's version so I never really know the original names (they change the names a bit here, like One Piece to ''Pirate Islands'' :<_< :) but I just found out the original names of 2 of my favorites comics I read when I was 13:

Yongbi the Invincible (manhwa) and Violinist of Hameln.

The first is straight up martial arts (pretty good choreography btw. Manhwa is better than manga in that aspect IMO) and the second is fantasy but the combat system is music. I really like it. The art is not so good but it is kinda unique (a bit shoujo)

Edited by Fulmine, 21 October 2014 - 05:19 PM.

Want to debate match-up?

#1011 hubris

hubris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:08 PM

Something playful, adventure driven with some action (Onepiece and Dragon Ball esque). Just started HxH and that seems more or less like what I'm after, but I want a few more new series.

#1012 bigfishnoj

bigfishnoj

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

Ok I am living in Japan now and can't seem to find some good, long, mature romance manga like hetakoi. I'm about to start rereading GE: Good Ending. For the love of god somebody help me before I start that up again! Recommendations plz!

10.jpg

#1013 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted Yesterday, 11:25 AM

@hubris - I don't know too many "playful" manga as I tend to go for more serious stuff. But try:

Ao No Exorcist

Trinity Seven

Shokugeki No Soma

SnS doesn't have too much action as it's a cooking manga. But it has all the other ingredients (no pun intended) that you're probably looking for.

@bigfishnoj - Try these:

Horimiya

Yesterday o Utatte

Natsu no Zenjitsu

Unbalance x Unbalance

Love Riron

Kimi no Iru Machi

Seishun Pop

Orange Marmalade

Beck

Suzuka

Edited by RamenRenegade, Yesterday, 12:02 PM.

8135c1a3-804e-4d9f-b7ef-d08dcae0c930.jpg

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #1014 Oben

Oben

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 6,907 posts

User's Awards

Posted Yesterday, 11:40 AM

Something playful, adventure driven with some action (Onepiece and Dragon Ball esque). Just started HxH and that seems more or less like what I'm after, but I want a few more new series.

Toriko, Soul Eater and Shaman King, maybe? The last two are completed, Toriko is still ongoing (though SK has minor sequels every now and then).

#1015 hubris

hubris

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 40 posts

Posted Today, 08:00 AM

@RamenRenegade

I've liked the first few chapters of Ao No Exorcist, just enough comedy to keep it relatively lighthearted, cheers.

Toriko, Soul Eater and Shaman King, maybe? The last two are completed, Toriko is still ongoing (though SK has minor sequels every now and then).

Probably should have mentioned in my original post that I was looking for something ongoing, but judging from the first few chapters Toriko is exactly what I'm after, loving it so far, Thanks a bunch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users