#1281 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:05 PM

I like Onani Master Kurosawa more. But Yokota's manga are indeed all good IMO

Oh god that one sounds painful to read. Is it easier to read than Sundome? Sundome damn near killed me.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#1282 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
  • LocationExiled in Iceland

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:27 PM

Oh god that one sounds painful to read. Is it easier to read than Sundome? Sundome damn near killed me.

Dunno about Sundome but it's similar to Molester Man with it's wacky humor like Molester Man I definitely recommend it for being a solid read. It can be touchy since the main character is a prick who's favorite hobby is to masturbate to his schoolmates and whatnot but it also has one of the ballsiest scene I've ever read in a manga.

#1283 whatamelon

whatamelon

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:18 AM

Hi Everyone!

Can anyone recommend me a good mystery/suspense manga? It can be something like Detective School Q, Eden no Ori or Boku dake ga Inai Machi. Basically mangas with a mystery element in them which slowly reveals itself as the manga progresses. 

tan3pu.png

#1284 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

Hi Everyone!

Can anyone recommend me a good mystery/suspense manga? It can be something like Detective School Q, Eden no Ori or Boku dake ga Inai Machi. Basically mangas with a mystery element in them which slowly reveals itself as the manga progresses. 

Monster, 20th-21st Century Boys. Pluto. Billy Bat (this one has fantasy as well, so there's supernatural elements but rest assured it's not magical nonsense writing). Kindaichi.

• Petite Fleur and whatamelon like this

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#1285 whatamelon

whatamelon

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:02 AM

Monster, 20th-21st Century Boys. Pluto. Billy Bat (this one has fantasy as well, so there's supernatural elements but rest assured it's not magical nonsense writing). Kindaichi.

Oh thank you! I have read all those except for kindaichi so I'll try that.

tan3pu.png

#1286 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:09 AM

Hi Everyone!

Bloody Monday is nice suspence manga about a terrorist group threatening Japan with a deadly virus they stole and some three letter government unit trying to catch them. It's good, although clichéd at points and with a lot of twists.

Death Note is a classic.

Another is a good mystery / not-quite-horror-but-has-some-element-of-it with a slowly revealing plot. I read the manga, the novel and watched the anime, and I like all of them.

I like Detective Conan and think the overarcing story is really interesting, but it just gets sidetracked so much, that if you haven't read it yet it is probably too much with it's 970 chapters.

• whatamelon likes this

#1287 whatamelon

whatamelon

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

I think I read Bloody Monday a long time ago but the story is a bit foggy so I have to read that again. 

Death note is a classic! I read that 3x 

I read detective conan before but stopped mid story, just waiting for more updates so I can read them all in 1 go.

I haven't heard of Another, I'm going to add that to my reading list. 

Thanks for the recommendations :D

tan3pu.png

#1288 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 2,985 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:07 PM

@whatamelon Since the art is a bit shoujo-ish at times (it's a shonen though), I wasn't sure to recommend it to you, but you may give a try to The Record of a Fallen Vampire (Vampire Juujikai). In terms of storyline, it was really well-done, and even though it's not exactly a mystery manga, the main character is shrouded in mysteries, and the more you learn about him, the more you understand about what is going on. It really was a nice read. 

50c34dd1-274c-4550-9d6d-d6edce927b63_zps

#1289 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:53 PM

Debating giving a Seinen a try to replace Bleach with. I will not read Beserk because holy crap I need to sleep. I don't need fanservice, but I am a guy who does like his cleavage, and am curious what older fan service is like.

#1290 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,888 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:15 PM

Debating giving a Seinen a try to replace Bleach with. I will not read Beserk because holy crap I need to sleep. I don't need fanservice, but I am a guy who does like his cleavage, and am curious what older fan service is like.

Battle Angel Alita
Blade of the immortal
20th century boys
Bokurano
Shin Angyo Onshi
Monster
Vagabond
Zetman

Edited by Petite Fleur, 20 August 2016 - 09:16 PM.

• Chillman likes this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#1291 whatamelon

whatamelon

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:00 PM

@azer_moli I dont mind shoujoish art. 7 seeds has a more shoujo art but it has a good story. Ill add The record of of a fallen vampire to my reading list too. Looks like ill be busy for a while;)

@Chillman You can try Gantz or Holyland if you haven't read it yet.
  • Petite Fleur likes this

tan3pu.png

#1292 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:23 AM

I think I read Bloody Monday a long time ago but the story is a bit foggy so I have to read that again. 

I read detective conan before but stopped mid story, just waiting for more updates so I can read them all in 1 go.

If you already read Bloody Monday, did you also read Bloody Monday 2 and Bloody Monday: Last Season?

#1293 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:02 AM

The Ravages of Times.

Shin Angyo Onshi

Dorohedoro

Blade of the Imortal.

#1294 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:22 AM

Depends on how far you want the "fanservice" to go...

qhz8b56l.png

#1295 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:32 AM

Depends on how far you want the "fanservice" to go...

He clearly can't stand Berserk :lol:

#1296 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:51 AM

I was thinking along the lines of Tokyo Akazukin

qhz8b56l.png

#1297 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:14 AM

When I mean fan service I mean I don't mind seeing nipples or upskirt. Berserk took things to a dark ass level. I'm used to hsdk/pseudo-hentai.

#1298 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:25 AM

Death Note is depressing like hell but it a cult hit indeed and has moments of sheer brilliance. However, its a bit too heavy on the exposition and mind battles. The manga was clearly meant to be shorter with a different ending.

If you prefer a more upbeat and happy tone from the same authors. I would recommend Bakuman which tells a very interesting story about the mangaka world and friendship. The authors are pretty much telling about their own lives and give a great insight on how Death Note was created.

Platinum end which is their current work is so far pretty good and mixes the tone of Death Note and Bakuman.

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 21 August 2016 - 09:25 AM.

• whatamelon likes this

#1299 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:00 AM

When I mean fan service I mean I don't mind seeing nipples or upskirt. Berserk took things to a dark ass level. I'm used to hsdk/pseudo-hentai.

That´s still more than most

I´ll just give you my personal top 10 Seinen that others have not mentioned yet (so i will leave out Vagabond and such)

Kokou no Hito

Eden

Sanctuary

Holyland

Akumetsu

Ultra Heaven

Homunculus

Jiraishin

Kingdom

I am a Hero

• Petite Fleur likes this

qhz8b56l.png

#1300 whatamelon

whatamelon

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:03 AM

That piqued my curiosity. I think I'll check Berserk out.

tan3pu.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users