813 replies to this topic

#1 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Help people with sharing your anime experience.

• Diulparpilado likes this

#2 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,046 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Well Robotics, Zetsuen no Tempest, and Shinsekai Yori are my favorites right now. Psycho Pass seems good as well. I've also ran across an anime called Polar Bear Cafe. Oddly enough, it's quite entertaining and appropriate for all ages.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#3 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I can recommend almost same things

recent love animes: Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sakurasou no Pet kanojo

For action or something more than moe stuff: Zetsuen, Psycho pass and Shinsekai Yori as Nemesis wrote.

godlike animes:Code geass, Stein Gates (my favorite animes)

Yandere anime: Mirai nikki

#4 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

Aww yeah Mirai Nikki, defs a good one to reccomend (obvious bias due to having just finished it) Going to also say that dont say's god tiers aren't wrong either but throw in that Chuunibyou is a pretty good anime too, might even be my favorite this season

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#5 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

Aww yeah Mirai Nikki, defs a good one to reccomend (obvious bias due to having just finished it) Going to also say that dont say's god tiers aren't wrong either but throw in that Chuunibyou is a pretty good anime too, might even be my favorite this season

I've been thinking about watching Mirai Nikki, and since we watch most of the same anime I'll trust your seal of approval and get onto watching it next time I get a chance.  :P

#6 Elijah Ballard

Elijah Ballard

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • LocationHell, AZ

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

I personally think that everyone should watch Gungrave. 

Great dubs, great story, and awesome characters and fights. The ending got a little weird with the monsters and shizz but that's not my cup of tea and I still enjoyed it. 

Tear-jerker at times, though. 

• Shredow likes this

966f13ea-3986-48d5-b67f-28ddb6d4962a_zps

#7 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Great dubs, great story, and awesome characters and fights. The ending got a little weird with the monsters and shizz but that's not my cup of tea and I still enjoyed it. 

tear jerker isn't a reason to avoid an anime, and it only applies when you've invested/care about the characters so it doesn't hold true for everyone. (example: if I avoided anything that had moments that made me cry I wouldn't have seen the amazing F/Z)

as for Sev, just so long as you know what it is you're getting into, ie: don't go into this expecting chuuni :P it's an anime about a Yandere through and through

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#8 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

as for Sev, just so long as you know what it is you're getting into, ie: don't go into this expecting chuuni :P it's an anime about a Yandere through and through

Haha I know :P  I'd looked into it a while back and heard some good things, actually most of the stuff I usually watch is darker and I've only just recently got into anime like Chuuni. The yandere thing shouldn't bother me, I don't mind.  :)

#9 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

Ok... Does anyone know an actually decent anime with a yandere in it... Except Mirai Nikki and Higurashi; cuz I've already seen them.

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#10 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

Does Medusa from SE count? :P Unfortunately I don't actually know of any others, I don't find most of my Yanderes (of which I only really have like 4) in anime I'd suggest getting Insane in here somehow

iyzTKCh.jpg

#11 Elijah Ballard

Elijah Ballard

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • LocationHell, AZ

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

Medusa :aww: 

#12 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

Does Medusa from SE count? :P Unfortunately I don't actually know of any others, I don't find most of my Yanderes (of which I only really have like 4) in anime I'd suggest getting Insane in here somehow

Medusa counts on all accounts <3...

But I've already seen SE >__> So it's no good :C

BTW, Eli... Did I mention how awesome your sig is? :D

• Elijah Ballard likes this

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#13 Elijah Ballard

Elijah Ballard

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • LocationHell, AZ

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

It is pretty rad.

#14 Donten

Donten

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

Ok... Does anyone know an actually decent anime with a yandere in it... Except Mirai Nikki and Higurashi; cuz I've already seen them.

School Days, Shuffle!, Gift: Eternal Rainbow and Kore wa Zombie Desu ka.

• taichi likes this

#15 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

School Days, Shuffle!, Gift: Eternal Rainbow and Kore wa Zombie Desu ka.

I have seen School Days as well.

But the rest... Thanks! I've already noted them!!!

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#16 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,046 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

The first half of that anime was exceptional. Then they all turned into whatever and for me that was a turn-off. They had such a good story going. The end was very good though.

Spoiler

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#17 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

I can throw Chuunibyou there coz i only saw first 2 episodes. I dropped it coz it was too much Moe for me but i also think it is not bad anime just not right now good for my tastes. I'll try it when series will be completed.

Yanderes he? That's bad taichi. Anime world is lacking such thing. I also don't know any other besides, SE,Mirai and Higu. This is question for Donter i think he saw already over 500 anime if i'm right so he should know.

#18 casscat

casscat

♥ Capt'n Of The Lonely Hearts Club

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBehind you~

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Ranma 1/2

If you havent watched it and you love comedy/love triangles and super uber cute stuff then you gotta watch this one!! Its sooo good!

Plus its an old one, you can find it subbed online and watch it for free on many websites.

now-1.jpg

Spoiler ♥cute manga love quotes

#19 Riesbife

Riesbife

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Kara no Kyoukai.

I recommend this one all the time.

#20 Elijah Ballard

Elijah Ballard

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • LocationHell, AZ

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

The first half of that anime was exceptional. Then they all turned into whatever and for me that was a turn-off. They had such a good story going. The end was very good though.

Spoiler

Yeah it was. Up to voume 5 (I have it all on DVD) was almost flawless. The second half was weird because of the monsters aspect, but the story was never less than great and the ending... man that ending  :(  

Considering it was made after the video game, I'm guessing the monsters thing was an aspect of the game, so that's pretty impressive writing that the anime team did for the story line.

• DarkNemesis likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users