824 replies to this topic

#21 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,080 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

009-1 is another good anime. I quite enjoyed it. And I can't say enough about Mobile Suite Gundam, Gundam Unicorn, and Gundam SEED.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#22 Sun Heart

Sun Heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationAt home

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

Well the anime I recommend Is School rumble it has a mixer of comedy and romance but it mainly has comedy for those who like comedy with a mixer of romance. It has mini stories from different points of view of the students in the school, and each is funny.

And the other anime I recommend is midori days the best amine I read so far ..so funny dramatic and romantic XD and the plot is silly as well a girl that is stuck on a guy hand and they are trying to find a cure to make her back to normal. Really a anime to watch.

#23 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,080 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Black Lagoon - Episode 1. I love it!

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#24 fararibmwz

fararibmwz

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Locationlittle red dot

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Evangelion movies, The girl who leapt through time ( movie)

36063215_zps2748996c.jpg

#25 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

My recommendations are as follows:

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit - For anyone who's already seen and enjoyed ATLA (also recommended). It has high production values, a thought provoking plot, plenty of grey and grey morality, and cinematic fight scenes rivalling Avatar's.

Scrapped Princess - Science Fantasy at it's finest, and one of the best anime people aren't watching, due to lack of exposure. I can't stress that enough. If you like adventure epic's, you owe to yourself to see this.

Patlabor: The Mobile Police - Equal parts slice-of-life, cop show/police precedural, crime/detective series with mecha and liberal doses of comedy, with well written fleshed out characters, clever writting, and easily the most realistic take on the mecha genre as a whole.

Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water - One of the most beautiful and creative takes on Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. The cast and setting will grow on you in no time, if you're a fan of the steampunk genre, and the soundtrack perfectly captures the feel of each scene.

Edited by FongShwei69, 25 December 2012 - 12:52 AM.

#26 amykinsxoxo

amykinsxoxo

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationThe Fridge

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Just curious out of the "to watch" anime's on my list , which one should I watch next? 

I added a bunch that I don't remember adding. Just wondering ^^

st5w.jpg

Spoiler

#27 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Just curious out of the "to watch" anime's on my list , which one should I watch next? 

I added a bunch that I don't remember adding. Just wondering ^^

Completely based on my opinion:

Aoi Bungaku

Bakemonogatari

Black Lagoon

Berserk (only if you read or want to read the manga)

Cowboy Bebop (priority)

FLCL

GTO

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Mushishi (priority)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (must watch)

NHK ni Youkoso

Perfect Blue

Planetes

Seirei No Moriboto

Serial Experiments Lain

Steins Gate

These are the series i would watch first and are, in my opinion, qualitative better. If you want more specification, then you would have to tell me your preferences.

• amykinsxoxo likes this

qhz8b56l.png

#28 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,781 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'll go ahead and narrow that down further for ya, Evangelion, Steins Gate Madoka, FLCL and Bebop are all good anime that should be seen by as many people as I can make do so XD

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#29 amykinsxoxo

amykinsxoxo

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationThe Fridge

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

I actually started with aoi Bungaku. It's pretty good so far! Just started episode 4. Thanks for the recommendations! 

st5w.jpg

Spoiler

#30 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I'll go ahead and narrow that down further for ya, Evangelion, Steins Gate Madoka, FLCL and Bebop are all good anime that should be seen by as many people as I can make do so XD

It all depends on his preferences. I just picked the animes that are objectively better than the rest on his list, everything beyond that is up to him, namely whether he prefers action, drama, philosophical stuff and so forth.

qhz8b56l.png

#31 amykinsxoxo

amykinsxoxo

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationThe Fridge

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

It all depends on his preferences. I just picked the animes that are objectively better than the rest on his list, everything beyond that is up to him, namely whether he prefers action, drama, philosophical stuff and so forth.

**her .___. ahem. But I like basically all types of anime. ^^ I do have to say I'm digging the psychological anime currently.

st5w.jpg

Spoiler

#32 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

For anyone who likes slice of life mixed with comedy I would recommend some old favorites  

You're Under Arrest    - slice of life about two female cops with comedy and some light romance  mostly comedy and light hearted crime drama   I've seen all of them since I own them all.    Both me and my bf like them, he probably even more than me.  There are a lot of episoces and some movies and extras.   

Honey and Clover -  slice of life set in a college with light romance  - the whole series is on netflicks.

For action drama,

Black Cat

Cowboy Bebop

For pure comedy that is silly and goofy yet has great lines    -  Sargent Frog

I actually started with aoi Bungaku. It's pretty good so far! Just started episode 4. Thanks for the recommendations! 

Higashi no Eden is excellent in every way,  there is a complete series and two movies that come after the series.   Great!   one of my favs.

#33 amykinsxoxo

amykinsxoxo

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationThe Fridge

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

For anyone who likes slice of life mixed with comedy I would recommend some old favorites  

You're Under Arrest    - slice of life about two female cops with comedy and some light romance  mostly comedy and light hearted crime drama   I've seen all of them since I own them all.    Both me and my bf like them, he probably even more than me.  There are a lot of episoces and some movies and extras.   

Honey and Clover -  slice of life set in a college with light romance  - the whole series is on netflicks.

For action drama,

Black Cat

Cowboy Bebop

For pure comedy that is silly and goofy yet has great lines    -  Sargent Frog

I will have to put all of those on my to watch list. I guess this is a general question for recommendations... Is Cowboy Bebop everything that everyone says it is? I heard it's this legendary kind of anime, even my friends who don't like anime love Cowboy Bebop. 

I'm guessing this is a must watch?

st5w.jpg

Spoiler

#34 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

**her .___. ahem. But I like basically all types of anime. ^^ I do have to say I'm digging the psychological anime currently.

Sry, her. Yeah, Aoi Bungaku is disturbing psychologically speaking, especially the first 4 episodes who are an adaption Osamu Dazai´s "No Longer Human".

Yes, Cowboy Bebop is a definite must-watch. Even if you end up not liking it, which is rather unlikely, it´s still an experience.

Edited by ShinmenTakezo, 25 December 2012 - 07:53 PM.

• amykinsxoxo likes this

qhz8b56l.png

#35 fararibmwz

fararibmwz

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Locationlittle red dot

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

For school comedy I would recommend Baka To test shoukanjuu.

Funny as hell

On a side note, Im looking for horror/mystery animes. I've watched Ghost Hunt and also have Shiki on standby.

Looking for more series like that

Edited by fararibmwz, 26 December 2012 - 09:32 AM.

36063215_zps2748996c.jpg

#36 Dark Sasuke_101

Dark Sasuke_101

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationNone of your concern

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Looking for a new ecchi manga to read.

I've read most of the popular ones.

Mind helping me out?

Edited by Dark Sasuke_101, 26 December 2012 - 12:41 PM.

Hl5StX6.gif

#37 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,781 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Looking for a new ecchi manga to read.

I've read most of the popular ones.

Mind helping me out?

pretty sure there's a manga recommendation thread too... either way, uh Monster Girls? I don't read many ecchi series but that one certainly isnt popular

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#38 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Funny as hell

On a side note, I'm looking for horror/mystery animes. I've watched Ghost Hunt and also have Shiki on standby.

Looking for more series like that

Recommendations:
Phantom Quest Corp. is a short comedy/horror/mystery series. It's only 4 episodes, with each running at about 35 min. Very well drawn and animated, with one of the better dubs you'll hear; inclunding Wendee Lee, as Ayaka.

Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin: Is a 13 episode series and fits all the same genres as Phantom Quest Corp. The emphasis is more on comedy and mystery, however, though there's still a fair amount of horror to be found here..... and aliens.

3x3 Eyes: Is a 7 episode horror/mystery series, that centers around Pai who's the last of the immortal Sanjiyan, who wants to become human, and Yakumo who, through sheer happenstance, becomes her 'Wu' (basically an immortal bodyguard). There's occasional bits of comedy, but the focus is more on drama and the occult.

Edited by FongShwei69, 26 December 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#39 Dark Sasuke_101

Dark Sasuke_101

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationNone of your concern

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

pretty sure there's a manga recommendation thread too... either way, uh Monster Girls? I don't read many ecchi series but that one certainly isnt popular

Doh! That was a error, I meant anime. >_>

Hl5StX6.gif

#40 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

Doh! That was a error, I meant anime. >_>

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica

qhz8b56l.png