Hl5StX6.gif

#42 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

^seen those already.

Other than that i could only recommend Campione, all other Ecchi series i know are more mainstream, so you probably watched them already

qhz8b56l.png

#43 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

I'm looking for something with alot of action and a good plot but without a dark tone to it... I guess something shonenish but it doesn't necessarily have to be shonen.. Something with at least 20 episodes would be good as well. Oh and not too heavy on the fan service.

And i think its safe to say that I've seen most of the overly famous ones.

Edited by Shredow, 01 January 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#44 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

I'm looking for something with alot of action and a good plot but without a dark tone to it... I guess something shonenish but it doesn't necessarily have to be shonen.. Something with at least 20 episodes would be good as well. Oh and not too heavy on the fan service.

http://myanimelist.n...akusha/userrecs

Anything you can find listed here.

6474505L.gif

#45 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

recommendations
Scrapped Princess: genres: fantasy/adventure/sci-fi/drama length: 24 episodes
summary: A fantasy/adventure epic. Pacifica Casull is an abandoned princess, who was discarded in an assassination attempt, shortly after her birth since, according to Grendel's prophesy, she will usher in the world's destruction on the eve of her 16th birthday. As such, The Church of Mauser has declared she must die. No one will take her in, or provide her sanctuary. All that stands between her a world that hates her, are her 2 Guardians... her adopted brother and sister. But is she really "The Poison that will Destroy the World"?

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit genres: fantasy/martial arts/adventure length: 24 episodes
summary: Balsa is a wandering spearmaster, turned bodyguard, who's sworn to save 8 lives to atone for each of the lives she took. In a chance encounter, she happens upon the Royal Procession which ends with her saving Prince Chagum's life. After being brought to the palace, as thanks for her heroism, she learns that the prince is rumored to be possessed by the egg of the legendary a Water Spirit. Further, according to their Star Reader, he must be slain to prevent it from hatching. When the queen learns of Balsa's vow to save 8 lives, she asks Balsa how many she's saved so far. She answers: 7. Thus, the queen as her to take the prince and vow to save his life.

Edited by FongShwei69, 01 January 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#46 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Yes Seirei no Moribito is excellent recommendation I loved it.  

• DarkNemesis likes this

#47 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Yes Seirei no Moribito is excellent recommendation I loved it.  

One of the most overlooked animes really. The plot, soundtrack, animation, the characters + the action were all superb.

• DarkNemesis and FongShwei69 like this

qhz8b56l.png

#48 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I got about ten episodes into moribito...there didn't seem to be that much action in it. Does it pick up later?

#49 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I got about ten episodes into moribito...there didn't seem to be that much action in it. Does it pick up later?

There are action scenes later on but Seirei No Moriboto is not primarily an action series, it rather concentrates on the fantasy.

• FongShwei69 likes this

qhz8b56l.png

#50 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Have you watched all the Full Metal Panics ?   They are good.    Also Vision of Escaflowne is an older one that is good.   Black Cat too but that has a mix of the darker stuff but it's relived by comedy often enough.   Last Exile is also a good one with action and a good plot steampunk style. 

Edited by inzaratha, 01 January 2013 - 04:56 PM.

• DarkNemesis likes this

#51 ~Sal~

~Sal~

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Locationnoitacol

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Can anyone give any insight or recommendations about the new animes that will be released for winter 2012/2013? example: you read the manga, played the VN or the game ..etc

Anime chart --> http://i1.minus.com/ibfb4amzrNugez.jpg

Sorry for not asking about an old or classic anime, because I watched nearly everything muahaha

#52 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Can anyone give any insight or recommendations about the new animes that will be released for winter 2012/2013? example: you read the manga, played the VN or the game ..etc

Anime chart --> http://i1.minus.com/ibfb4amzrNugez.jpg

Sorry for not asking about an old or classic anime, because I watched nearly everything muahaha

I can only say something about Maoyuu Maou Yuusha since i have read the manga. It is definitely recommendable and has an interesting and fresh twist to it. I do not know anything about the rest but they all look kind of boring and aim to be "moe".

qhz8b56l.png

#53 ~Sal~

~Sal~

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Locationnoitacol

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

I can only say something about Maoyuu Maou Yuusha since i have read the manga. It is definitely recommendable and has an interesting and fresh twist to it. I do not know anything about the rest but they all look kind of boring and aim to be "moe".

Thanks for the info, can you give more spoiler free details of what to expect?

@ the bold : My thoughts exactly ... seems like we have to wait for the spring lineup

#54 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Thanks for the info, can you give more spoiler free details of what to expect?

@ the bold : My thoughts exactly ... seems like we have to wait for the spring lineup

Well, the story starts like your classic good vs evil scenario. The glorious, heroic and admirable knight goes off to kill the evil demon queen who surprisingly is not interested in fighting at all and is actually really friendly. She brings arguments why killing her would not bring anything and convinces the hero to travel together, thus an adventure starts. If you wanna read the first chapter to get an impression, here http://www.batoto.ne...village-idiot/1 .

Every year, the "moe" amount rises. I hope it changes soon.

• ~Sal~ likes this

qhz8b56l.png

#55 ~Sal~

~Sal~

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Locationnoitacol

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Well, the story starts like your classic good vs evil scenario. The glorious, heroic and admirable knight goes off to kill the evil demon queen who surprisingly is not interested in fighting at all and is actually really friendly. She brings arguments why killing her would not bring anything and convinces the hero to travel together, thus an adventure starts. If you wanna read the first chapter to get an impression, here http://www.batoto.ne...village-idiot/1 .

Every year, the "moe" amount rises. I hope it changes soon.

That you very much  :) it sounds interesting, I will read the first chapter.

True, I hope for the same thing. They released great anime(s) between all these "moe" before, so I still have some hope left

Edited by ~Sal~, 01 January 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#56 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,733 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Late, but I can't believe when the guy asked you people for an anime that was "dark, with action and a good plot" no one even mentioned Fate/Zero in passing, come on guys, it's even the 20 episodes he asked for (24 but eh)

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#57 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

Late, but I can't believe when the guy asked you people for an anime that was "dark, with action and a good plot" no one even mentioned Fate/Zero in passing, come on guys, it's even the 20 episodes he asked for (24 but eh)

If you have had read his question carefully, you would have seen that he does not want a dark tone which in turn eliminates Fate/Zero

qhz8b56l.png

#58 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,733 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Whoops, I read "but with" as opposed to "but without" close enough XD

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#59 Riesbife

Riesbife

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

I dunno, I didn't find Fate/Zero that dark.

But then again, I never find many things too dark for me to enjoy.

If I was to list a must-watch, I think the staple series should be Neon Genesis Evangelion, Dragon Ball, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Code Geass, at least one Gundam (preferably Gundam Wing), and Cowboy Bebop.

My personal recommendations tend to be darker than the usual series. Like before, I always recommend Kara no Kyoukai, but UFOtable animes tend to be really good anyways, like Fate/Zero or Tales of Symphonia. On that note, Futakoi Alternative is also a pretty great watch. You might have to watch Futakoi first to really appreciate the series, but Alternative is just so much better.

And to cap it off, Jigoku Shoujo, Clannad, Cromartie High School, and Elfen Lied are also great watches.

Edited by Riesbife, 05 January 2013 - 03:05 AM.

#60 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,733 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

I dunno I'd say it was pretty dark, I mean look at Sakura mate "oh yeah she's getting eaten alive by worms for the next year or so, but don't worry if you take her place you might get a chance to save her" the whole scene with the holy grail at the end, just about any time Kotomine Kirei is around, anytime that Caster and Ryunosuke are around and of course the way Lancer went, it's pretty dark I'd say (that's not to say that I didn't totally watch it with my 12 year old sister but hey XD)

iyzTKCh.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users