Photo

Question Time with Nmaan

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Question Time with Nmaan (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Who should we question next?

1. VegaKotes (7 votes [4.52%])

Percentage of vote: 4.52%

2. Godpachi (12 votes [7.74%])

Percentage of vote: 7.74%

3. Satoshi (3 votes [1.94%])

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

4. Gnag (23 votes [14.84%])

Percentage of vote: 14.84%

5. Donten (5 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

6. -JustMyself- (3 votes [1.94%])

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

7. taichi (9 votes [5.81%])

Percentage of vote: 5.81%

8. ANewLight (6 votes [3.87%])

Percentage of vote: 3.87%

9. Kilgore_troute (5 votes [3.23%])

10. Sangre de la Rosa (5 votes [3.23%])

11. ShinRyuu (2 votes [1.29%])

Percentage of vote: 1.29%

12. disastrousmaster (13 votes [8.39%])

Percentage of vote: 8.39%

13. Scorpion2k4u (6 votes [3.87%])

14. Hooded Crow (5 votes [3.23%])

15. Markmus (4 votes [2.58%])

Percentage of vote: 2.58%

16. ishxallxgood (6 votes [3.87%])

17. Relinquisher (10 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

18. Insane Soul (18 votes [11.61%])

Percentage of vote: 11.61%

19. Nemrut (7 votes [4.52%])

Percentage of vote: 4.52%

20. Liar (6 votes [3.87%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • LocationThe Matinée

User's Awards

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Welcome to Question Time with Nmaan! Ask away.

Remember to be respectful, and above all, enjoy yourselves.

Notes:

• You may ask a maximum of 5 questions unless the person being asked the questions agrees to answering more. We don't want to overwhelm them.
  • Follow the forum rules.
  • Further rules in the the discussion thread.

Spoiler Nominations List

Spoiler Hiatus

Spoiler Declined Particiation

Edited by Makaze, 10 June 2013 - 06:38 PM.

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png
τη καλλίστη | Fallacious | Technical | BBCode Editor

#2 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

1. First and current impressions?

2. You're really an Eneru fan, aren't you?

3. What is your favorite thing about Eneru?

4. If I gave you a chance to do your life again, would you take it?

5. How high should I accidentally drop a dumbbell from if I want to accidentally hit m1hawkgsm?

• Nmaan and Tale like this

#3 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

Favorite footballers of all time?

Pet Peeves?

What are three things you feel you must do before you die?

If you could speak to any historical figure and ask any amount of questions on your mind, who would it be?

Dream vacation?
  • Nmaan likes this

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#4 Hadz-x

Hadz-x

Desolation comes upon the sky--

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

2    2    2   

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

1) People you'd like to meet from OMF? Name and explain as many as you'd like.

2) Favourite book?

3) Favourite character archetype? 

4) What is it about comics that you like so much?

5) Plans for a zombie apocalypse? 

• Nmaan likes this

Banner6.jpg

Spoiler

#5 Godpachi

Godpachi

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationFangirlin' anywhere & everywhere

User's Awards

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

If you were the ruler of the world, what would your policies be?

If you're given a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would purchase?

Edited by Godpachi, 10 June 2013 - 07:01 PM.

• Nmaan likes this

RIP Satan

Tumblin', Tumblin'

sm6q95.png

Currently At War With Insane Soul

#6 Rimi

Rimi

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

How did you get such massive eyebrows?

• Nmaan likes this

ms6WwFj.gif

#7 Nmaan

Nmaan

King of the Sports Discussion

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationWhere strength is a poor substitute for courage.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

Right so first things first. Here's a preemptive apology for lack of gifs/pics and amusing links. However in return feel free to ask as many questions as you like and I'll do my best to get back to you all, crazy work schedule notwithstanding.

With that in mind you'll likely see me reply to 2-3 at a time rather than huge monster posts.

So with no further ado here we go...

1. First and current impressions?

2. You're really an Eneru fan, aren't you?

3. What is your favorite thing about Eneru?

4. If I gave you a chance to do your life again, would you take it?

5. How high should I accidentally drop a dumbbell from if I want to accidentally hit m1hawkgsm?

1) First: Hot Damn what an excitable fellow with a strange fascination for all things Enel

Current: Hot Damn what an intelligent excitable fellow with a strange fascination for all things Enel and Pokemon. Seriously though you've grown on me a lot more than I would have guessed you're good people :kakashi:

2) Nope I'm afraid not, I'll grant you that I don't dislike the character but he doesn't rank in my top 5 or so. I do like the Goro Goro no mi though and he's not a bad character when all is said and done. 

3) Basically the Goro Goro no mi I used to chase lightning as a kid, it drove my dad insane with worry, in hindsight it was a pretty stupid thing to do but I blame Captain Marvel (DC) and Shazam, I figured if I got struck by lightning I'd be a superhero :P. I have grown out of chasing lightning but I still have a massive soft spot for lightning/electrical based abilities. Oh and there's the fact that without him Skypeia would have been nearly unbearable how did that arc take so long?

4) Most likely I mean I've made plenty of mistakes some of which I couldn't do anything about others which were pretty much the result of me being an idiot. That said though every change is likely to take me further away from my current life, which in all honesty isn't too bad. Plus it just opens up the possibility for a whole new set of mistakes.

5) Well m1hawk isn't that big and he's a slippery fellow, so I'd say if you want to "accidentally" hit him go with a 1/2 floor drop.

Favorite footballers of all time?

Pet Peeves?

What are three things you feel you must do before you die?

If you could speak to any historical figure and ask any amount of questions on your mind, who would it be?

Dream vacation?

1)I'll give you my top 5

1) Garrincha, imo he was the reason Pele looked so good. Garrincha anchored the team and when both he and Pele played Brazil never lost (they only lost 1 game when Garrincha played without Pele). He's so skillful and underrated and both are criminal.

2) Johan Cryuff another uber talented man he didn't have the greatest of physical abilities but he could read the game and I bet you if you'd played him in any outfield position he'd have done well.

3) Zidane apart from his awesome name the guy exuded class on the field (headbutting incidents aside) inch perfect passes and an immense workrate

4) Roberto Carlos what can I say power pace technique. And the famous banana kicks that are mindboggling.

5) Stevie G Liverpool Legend and Kop hero also the first footballer's signature I ever got.

Honourable mention for Becks, not because he was amazing, but because of his passion work ethic and his desire to play. Plus he elevated himself above football and fair play to him.

2) I'm a little bit of a hygiene nut so: when people lick their fingers, when they don't cover their mouths when coughing or sneezing, people who don't wash their hands after visiting the washroom. Oh and I can't stand text speak. I know, I know I'm a snob but honestly it doesn't take that much effort to type out the whole thing especially not for our generation who grew up with computers and generally type better/faster than we write. Also I was brought up in an environment where manners are/were king, so it irks me when I see a lack of said manners in most people.

3) Must do? Hmm repay my parents for everything they've done for me, they sacrificed far more than they had to and I'm eternally grateful. I'd also like to pick up another language and I'd like to have a family of my own one day. Other than that I'm pretty happy with life so I don't really feel there's that much I must do xD.

4) I'd speak with Da Vinci purely to try and understand how a mind can be that brilliant but so erratic plus I could try and get him up to speed with a few modern discoveries and see what else he'd invent. In some ways I'd like to speak to Hitler too, to try and see what drove him to do what he did and if there was ever a time when he questioned what he was doing.

5) Hmmm. Somewhere where there's a beach but also sights to see. I'd like to have enough time to enjoy both and to have time to read a book or two. It'd probably be with friends so I guess somewhere in the Mediterranean for about 20 days.

1) People you'd like to meet from OMF? Name and explain as many as you'd like.

2) Favourite book?

3) Favourite character archetype? 

4) What is it about comics that you like so much?

5) Plans for a zombie apocalypse? 

1) Well let's see there. In short my friends list and a couple of others, like Tale, that I haven't got round to adding. Essentially I like everyone on that list and I share enough in common with them to know that any time spent with them will be good times. JoE would almost certainly be a fun time, zetruz seems in many ways very similar to me, just swedish, which is both weird and fascinating so it'd be awesome to meet him. m1hawk is a crazy child and is my future/past self plus he promised to take me to a shawarma place with super hot chili sauce so I'd have to visit him. Petite is lovely and a fellow comic book fan so you know. You and Straw are the London contingent I imagine a meet up with Straw would be full of graphic/explicit comments but it's bound to be fun. Hadz I've got to see if you're as tough as you think you are plus I'm going to steal cookies from you to teach you not to be mean. Then I'll attempt to beat you at videogames mostly likely to fail miserably. I'm running out of brainspace and words but there are plenty of others out there that I'd like to meet I'm just too dullwitted at the moment to remember who and why :P.

That do ya?

2) Sigh, I knew you were evil. The simple answer is I don't know, a slightly more in depth answer would be generally I prefer series to a single book and I tend to think of a series as one book so I have a selection of favourite series including but not limited to Dresden Files, Potter, Middle Earth books (Hobbit LotR etc), Discworld and many others. If I had to narrow it down to a single book, then maybe The Fantastic Mr Fox, because it was the first book I bought with my own money (I was 4 at the time) and it was the book that really got me into reading and even now I go back and reread my very badly worn copy of the book. It always cheers me up, even if I'm feeling happy already, and it always makes me want to go looking for something new to read.

3) I like the type of characters that are generally good but have a big flaw or two not anti heroes mind you, just heroes that are nowhere near perfect. Take Harry Dresden for example, very powerful relatively intelligent and as good a man as any hero, but he doesn't think about consequences and his overbearing concern for those close to him can lead him to make very bad choices or get himself into sticky situations. Those are characters feel more real to me and I guess I identify with them more.

4) When I was a sick kid comics let me escape and push the pain away, when I grew up a little comics helped me to understand a lot of the issues and problems that go on in the world. Now I enjoy them because hey they're easy on the eye, they're generally well written and there's far more depth to them than most people will give them credit for. Also there's no limits in comics and it's not just one story it's a massive universe that's been decades in the making, with a rich and varied tapestry. Plus they're still good when I get sick, though these days I'm much much healthier :P.

5) Assuming slow moving self perpetuating and self destroying zombies (since you know they're decaying with no protection from the elements and are increasing their population whilst decreasing their food supply). I'd hole up in my room at my parents. It's the attic/loft room with a single entrance it still has a mini fridge oven and toaster in it. It's easily defensible with a very steep zombie unfriendly staircase, and if push comes to shove I could shimmy out the window and out into my car and drive to safety. Zombies won't have a great sense of smell so given the distance I'd be from the road I'd most likely be safe till the whole thing blows over. I'd stock up on supplies and weapons and set a bunch of traps around the house too.

Assuming that plan is a bust I'd take a bunch of supplies and head for the mainland since zombies aren't getting off this island intact.

A third option is to head to the local community centre with some trusty and reliable folk, and basically follow plan 1. Pros, more people better defense more company, Cons more people more chance of someone making a mistake/stealing food and sometimes you're going to want peace and quiet.

I have a few more rattling around but those will do for now.

If you were the ruler of the world, what would your policies be?

If you're given a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would purchase?

If :angry: ? I jest xD. Actually I've thought about and you know what I'm pretty sure you're never going to please everyone but what I'd do is redistribute food/wealth so that everyone has enough to eat and at least a fighting chance to make something of themselves. 

I'd put research into climate change higher up the agenda and also look into terraforming we've got a lotta desert and we're going to need more livable land if the population keeps growing the way it seems to be.

I'd ban nuclear weapons they'd be unnecessary and just a drain.

I'd get people to read more. I find the more people read the more tolerant people tend to be.

I'd designate the 3rd thursday of every third month to be bouncy castle day.

Hmm. I'd probably be dull and buy a house then with the money left over I'd buy another to stick on rent and then assuming any left over I'd buy all the games/comics/books I could. I already have a car and more clothes than I can hope to wear so I don't really need much else :P.

How did you get such massive eyebrows?

I stole them from Grandad, because bushy eyebrows are a sign of wisdom and he was a wise wise man :D

Edited by Nmaan, 10 June 2013 - 07:52 PM.

• Peleihno, DaEvilWithin, Ajh77 and 4 others like this

Feed me and I'll be your friend forever, steal my treats and I make you into meats.

I'm big and I'm bad, so try not to make me mad. xD

http://thepunchlinei.../2010-10-18.jpg

QT with yours truly

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

Number 2

#8 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Messi vs CR7, who is the better footballer?
  • Nmaan likes this

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#9 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

I was ill prepared for this quest(ion) time, so the questions might be a little rough; my apologies.

You are fast asleep, dreaming a dream… it is an odd dream, one that feels so real, so lifelike… a white haired bearded man comes to you, his wise and ancient eyes seemingly piercing your soul, as he states in a loud, commanding voice “I am King Solomon! 10,000 years ago, I sealed four Djinn in lamps so that they would not cause chaos on this world. Alas! In the past few weeks, all four have somehow been released from their ancient prisons and are causing chaos throughout the world! You have been chosen by fates decree to go seal these Djinn before they wreck the very fabric of our world!’ Solomon claps his hands, and you awake with a start… noticing at the end of your bed, four Arabic style lamps and an instruction manual. Flicking through the manual, it states; “To seal each Djinn, you need a relevant sacrifice to that djinn and to say the magic words imbedded in this instruction manual” you nod your head after reading this, and set out on your Quest(ion) Time!

You reach the location of the first Djinn, deep in the wild depths of High Street. You read the instruction manual, “The first Djinn, Arsaces of Chaos and Shadow. His goal is to resurrect the ancient and evil Witch of Chaos and Darkness, an act he has already succeeded with. Now he is just hanging around, being a pain. You must say the magic words, and sacrifice the most evil person that is living in the world today by stating their name” You spy the blue form of Arsaces leaning against the wall, chatting up some girls. You immediately think of the most evil person living in the world today… which person comes to your mind, and why do you consider them the most evil person living?

Arsaces sealed within his lamp, you walk down High street to the nightclub, the location of the second Djinn Cyaxares of Lightning and Storms. You see the blue Djinn dancing amongst the ravers and party goers in the centre of the club and read the instruction manual, “Cyaxares goal is to oppose Araxes at every turn, aiding adventurers in the destruction of the Witch of Chaos and Darkness. Whilst this may be a worthwhile goal; alas he loots weapons from King Solomon’s armoury, giving it to wilful adventures. Such theft cannot be tolerated, therefore you must banish him by sacrificing your favourite type of weapon” Luckily you read through the book before you came and brought along your favourite weapon. What did you bring and why do you consider it your favourite weapon?

Cyaxares sealed, you move onto the next Djinn, Ardashir of Sea and Foam. Naturally, he is on the beach, perving on the girls in swimsuits, you stand on the rocks overlooking the beach, and look down at the instruction manual, “Ardashir conspired with Araxes to rid the world of Manga and Okatu goods; Alas he’s failed and he’s loafing around waiting to stir more mischief. Before he does; you must seal him by sacrificing your favourite manga series” With a tear in your eyes, you pull out the Tankobon of your favourite manga series that you own and prepare to sacrifice it; What is your most favourite Manga series that you own and why do you consider it your favourite?

Gez, this is easy, you think to yourself as you walk towards the next location, as you wonder why each of the Djinns are named after Persian Dynasty founders. You walk into a vast cavern, lava flowing down from waterfalls, as the fourth and final Djinn awaits for you; Cyrus of Fire and Destruction. You read the book, ‘Cyrus has the simple goal of destroying all existence. Be wary of him, the thing you must sacrifice is your greatest desire; you need to think of it and utter the magic word, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious’ What is your greatest desire?

Before you can utter a single word; Cyrus turns around, his stare silencing you completely… A wicked grin crosses the Djinns face as the power that he gathered erupts and the world begins to crumble before you. Alas! You have failed. Yet a voice in your mind sings out; “You may have failed, but you did seal away three of the four Djinn. As a reward I shall allow you to survive and continue your life in the world reborn. You may take three people with you to the new world; only three, for Cyrus will destroy all creation and everything within it” Who would you pick, and why?

Edited by Nyanko, 10 June 2013 - 10:04 PM.

• Nmaan likes this

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#10 Pimpbankai3050

Pimpbankai3050

Solo Dolo

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

Best OMBR debate you were involved in?

Worst?

• Nmaan likes this

Posted Image

" I hate the rain. Rain falls in this world, too. When your heart is in chaos, this sky becomes clouded. When you are sad, rain falls so terribly easy. Can you understand...the horrible feeling of being pelted by rain when you're all alone in this solitary world? If only to stop that rain, I shall lend you any strength. If you trust in me, I won't let a single drop of rain fall from that sky. Ichigo, trust me...you are not fighting alone."

#11 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

1.) What got you most excited during E3 today/yesterday?

2.) You have the opportunity to craft a game.  What kind of game would it be?

3.) What is your process for writing poetry?

4.) What is a quote that you adore?

5.) Would you rather go back in time to speak to yourself when you were younger or go to the future and talk to your older self?

• Nmaan likes this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#12 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,243 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

I really have no idea what to ask you...

How do you like to have fun?

What's your favorite time to run?

Do you have a favorite pun?

Have you ever shot a gun?

Why do lasers always need to be set to stun?

...about that last question. Wouldn't it be much easier if the default laser setting was stun? That would defiantly save everyone a lot of time, as opposed to saying "Set it to stun" , then changing the setting after they've already been shot at a few times. How many red shirts in Star Trek could have had their lives saved if only they didn't have to mess with their weapon before being shot to death.

• Nmaan likes this

#13 m1hawkgsm

m1hawkgsm

Forum Mathematiquè & Reduntarian

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationLand of Hobos and Ken

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:22 AM

1.  I've struck it rich, and am now a venture capitalist, and I'm thinking of seed funding you with funds and materials.  What would you like to build, how, and why?

2.  Things that make you despair in the world?

3.  Intellectual disciplines (academia or otherwise) that you admire/hate?  Why?

4.  Personality traits you most admire/hate?  From the perspective of: romance, co-workers, business partner.

5.  You're Middle Eastern, so I'll ask this:  Compare and contrast Western/Eastern cultural values, especially those that clash and are irreconcilable (including religious beliefs).  What do you like/dislike, why, and how do you see the two sides of the coin ever living together peacefully?

6.  The US falls finally as a super power financially--what's the first 5 things you expect or would want to see evolve in the world?

7.  First/Current Impressions of the Gasm?

• Nmaan likes this

D9wwdJt.jpg

#14 bem

bem

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

what would make you kill someone?

• Nmaan likes this

#15 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,946 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:38 AM

1)any features of you you'd like to change ?
2)which fictional character would you like to meet in real life ?
3)healer or necromancer ?
4)favourite powers/abilities ?
5)current impressions of me? cause i'm pretty sure they're your first impressions of me XD
  • Nmaan likes this

#16 Zzkays

Zzkays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:45 AM

Who do you think will win the Champions League next season?

Football stadiums you would like to visit?

Xbox One or PS4?

Favorite fast food chain?

Recommend me a manga?

• Nmaan likes this

#17 Nmaan

Nmaan

King of the Sports Discussion

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationWhere strength is a poor substitute for courage.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

And so we move on from the honeymoon phase of the first set of questions into the nitty gritty of making this thing work.

Messi vs CR7, who is the better footballer?

CR7 is the more complete footballer, Messi is more effective in a team built around him, but if you had 11 CR7s (CR77 :P) and 11 Messis playing each other. Team Ronaldo would come out on top 99 times out of 100.

I was ill prepared for this quest(ion) time, so the questions might be a little rough; my apologies.

You are fast asleep, dreaming a dream… it is an odd dream, one that feels so real, so lifelike… a white haired bearded man comes to you, his wise and ancient eyes seemingly piercing your soul, as he states in a loud, commanding voice “I am King Solomon! 10,000 years ago, I sealed four Djinn in lamps so that they would not cause chaos on this world. Alas! In the past few weeks, all four have somehow been released from their ancient prisons and are causing chaos throughout the world! You have been chosen by fates decree to go seal these Djinn before they wreck the very fabric of our world!’ Solomon claps his hands, and you awake with a start… noticing at the end of your bed, four Arabic style lamps and an instruction manual. Flicking through the manual, it states; “To seal each Djinn, you need a relevant sacrifice to that djinn and to say the magic words imbedded in this instruction manual” you nod your head after reading this, and set out on your Quest(ion) Time!

You reach the location of the first Djinn, deep in the wild depths of High Street. You read the instruction manual, “The first Djinn, Arsaces of Chaos and Shadow. His goal is to resurrect the ancient and evil Witch of Chaos and Darkness, an act he has already succeeded with. Now he is just hanging around, being a pain. You must say the magic words, and sacrifice the most evil person that is living in the world today by stating their name” You spy the blue form of Arsaces leaning against the wall, chatting up some girls. You immediately think of the most evil person living in the world today… which person comes to your mind, and why do you consider them the most evil person living?

Arsaces sealed within his lamp, you walk down High street to the nightclub, the location of the second Djinn Cyaxares of Lightning and Storms. You see the blue Djinn dancing amongst the ravers and party goers in the centre of the club and read the instruction manual, “Cyaxares goal is to oppose Araxes at every turn, aiding adventurers in the destruction of the Witch of Chaos and Darkness. Whilst this may be a worthwhile goal; alas he loots weapons from King Solomon’s armoury, giving it to wilful adventures. Such theft cannot be tolerated, therefore you must banish him by sacrificing your favourite type of weapon” Luckily you read through the book before you came and brought along your favourite weapon. What did you bring and why do you consider it your favourite weapon?

Cyaxares sealed, you move onto the next Djinn, Ardashir of Sea and Foam. Naturally, he is on the beach, perving on the girls in swimsuits, you stand on the rocks overlooking the beach, and look down at the instruction manual, “Ardashir conspired with Araxes to rid the world of Manga and Okatu goods; Alas he’s failed and he’s loafing around waiting to stir more mischief. Before he does; you must seal him by sacrificing your favourite manga series” With a tear in your eyes, you pull out the Tankobon of your favourite manga series that you own and prepare to sacrifice it; What is your most favourite Manga series that you own and why do you consider it your favourite?

Gez, this is easy, you think to yourself as you walk towards the next location, as you wonder why each of the Djinns are named after Persian Dynasty founders. You walk into a vast cavern, lava flowing down from waterfalls, as the fourth and final Djinn awaits for you; Cyrus of Fire and Destruction. You read the book, ‘Cyrus has the simple goal of destroying all existence. Be wary of him, the thing you must sacrifice is your greatest desire; you need to think of it and utter the magic word, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious’ What is your greatest desire?

Before you can utter a single word; Cyrus turns around, his stare silencing you completely… A wicked grin crosses the Djinns face as the power that he gathered erupts and the world begins to crumble before you. Alas! You have failed. Yet a voice in your mind sings out; “You may have failed, but you did seal away three of the four Djinn. As a reward I shall allow you to survive and continue your life in the world reborn. You may take three people with you to the new world; only three, for Cyrus will destroy all creation and everything within it” Who would you pick, and why?

It's fine I'm an easy going type of chap so I forgive you. 

Now then on to this surreal set of questions

1) Most evil person currently living, hmm probably King Mswati III of Swaziland. Over a quarter (up to a half) of the population of Swaziland is HIV positive but Mswati is a fan of sterilising and branding them (reportedly behind closed doors he supports outright euthanising them). He also passed a law that prevents women from having sex till 21, and requires them to wear tassels to show they're still virgins. If men break the law they get fined one cow, so when he promptly broke the law he fined himself one cow. He's also vastly corrupt and incompetent as a ruler. In short he's bad business.

2) I'm partial to tonfas myself they're lightweight intuitive to use and add a mean kick to your attacks, but you're rarely in danger of killing someone unless you set out to do so. If you're skilled enough you can use bladed tonfas for that extra bit of zest. So tonfas bladed or otherwise.

3) Hmm the only complete manga series I own is Black Cat, it is also one of my favourite mangas of all time so I guess it's bye bye Train Heartnet, I knew him Horatio.

4) My greatest desire is to be happy and content I don't care about the means I don't care about ways I just want to be happy and content. So I suppose I'd have to give that up and be miserable and unfulfilled my whole life. Sad times.

5) I'd like to be noble and say this important person or that important person. But honestly if there's only going to be four of us then realistically I should take 2 women and 1 man in order to repopulate and what not. So since I haven't found the love of my life, I'd take 2 female friends I'd be happy to spend the rest of my life with and one male friend too.

Best OMBR debate you were involved in?

Worst?

Zoro vs Ray

Hmm I dunno about a bad one, there was one Naruto Fantasy battle that basically fizzled out after a page, so I guess that was the worst one since nothing happened in it.

1.) What got you most excited during E3 today/yesterday?

2.) You have the opportunity to craft a game.  What kind of game would it be?

3.) What is your process for writing poetry?

4.) What is a quote that you adore?

5.) Would you rather go back in time to speak to yourself when you were younger or go to the future and talk to your older self?

1) PS4, cheaper than Xbox One, plus 100 titles within the first year. Also no need to connect to the internet every 24 hours and no restrictions on pre owned games. Also Watch Dogs it looks awesome.

2) In all honesty it'd be an RPG with a rich story and dry humour. I'd have combat in the vein of the original Fallout Games I think but I'm not totally sure.

3) I don't really have a process. Normally I write about a feeling or incident. I get the first draft thingy down and then I probably won't touch it for a month or so (or at least 2 weeks), if it still makes me feel the way I felt when I initially wrote it then all I do is just tweak it. If not I do a relatively big rewrite. If I'm writing for a contest or exam I just dash something off to do with the subject title and what it means to me. It's the same with stories.

4) "Do not read, as children do, to amuse yourself, or like the ambitious, for the purpose of instruction. No, read in order to live."

Gustave Flaubert

5) Hmmm very tricky. If I could speak to my younger self I could do a lot to rectify mistakes, on the other hand if I speak to my future self I could avoid making big mistakes in the future. I guess since my past has shaped my and my future is still in potentia I'd speak to my future self and mix things up a bit. I wouldn't want detailed knowledge of the future though because that'd be creepy.

I really have no idea what to ask you...

How do you like to have fun?

What's your favorite time to run?

Do you have a favorite pun?

Have you ever shot a gun?

Why do lasers always need to be set to stun?

...about that last question. Wouldn't it be much easier if the default laser setting was stun? That would defiantly save everyone a lot of time, as opposed to saying "Set it to stun" , then changing the setting after they've already been shot at a few times. How many red shirts in Star Trek could have had their lives saved if only they didn't have to mess with their weapon before being shot to death.

It's cool if you think of something else then get back to me.

1) Hmm I like to read, I like to play games/watch films, I like to play sports (particularly football cricket and basketball I like to box too but I'm not really supposed to anymore). And occasionally I just like space out. Ohh and I like to meet up with friends too.

2) I like to run at night time or pre dawn, but if I'm not in a particularly safe area then sunset and post dawn.

3) Hmm "No matter how much you push the envelope, it’ll still be stationery" and "I wondered why the ball was getting bigger, then it hit me" There's also "asphalt- a rectal problem"

4) Yep plenty of times. I was in the RAF cadets and gained my marksmen badges in the 3 offered rifles. 

5) Look at this way, if you shoot yourself in the foot and it's set to stun you get a dead leg, if it's not you'll lose a foot.

Hmm but what happens when they need to shoot to kill immediately or need to blow up incoming rocks or something? Besides I'm pretty sure the red shirts are cloned somewhere and even if they're not they're basically incompetent, maybe it's the future's natural selection.

1.  I've struck it rich, and am now a venture capitalist, and I'm thinking of seed funding you with funds and materials.  What would you like to build, how, and why?

2.  Things that make you despair in the world?

3.  Intellectual disciplines (academia or otherwise) that you admire/hate?  Why?

4.  Personality traits you most admire/hate?  From the perspective of: romance, co-workers, business partner.

5.  You're Middle Eastern, so I'll ask this:  Compare and contrast Western/Eastern cultural values, especially those that clash and are irreconcilable (including religious beliefs).  What do you like/dislike, why, and how do you see the two sides of the coin ever living together peacefully?

6.  The US falls finally as a super power financially--what's the first 5 things you expect or would want to see evolve in the world?

7.  First/Current Impressions of the Gasm?

1) If money is no object then we set up power stations offer cheap power and monopolise the grid in a country or two, we then research into more efficient energy and gain a st rangehold in this area. After which we lobby all the major powers to use our new energy system. We then wait a few years so the old power stations get bought up and made into other things. At this point we essentially rule the world since we can make any demands we like with the threat of cutting off power to the world. We'd also be insanely wealthy so we'd own a country or so and a large efficient private army.

2) Stupidity through ignorance. I have no problems with people who genuinely struggle intellectually speaking because let's be honest the world isn't fair and we're all given different gifts/talents (for instance I couldn't draw a running panther to save my life). But people who are willfully ignorant and spread that ignorance, often leading to hate and intolerance, those people make me despair and weep for the world. Also reality tv it makes my skin crawl.

3) Though it's often not given much respect I'm a big fan of philosophy, I also think we should focus a little more on psychology and psychiatry. I admire but can't stand myself people who work in quantum mechanics and other theoretical physics field. I don't know if there's a discipline that I hate to be honest with you.

4) Bah another long one.

Ok so in order, romance. I admire people who are intelligent, honest, kind, funny, self confident and with enough of a mastery of sarcasm to be able to match blow for blow oh and people who read. Things I dislike Arrogance cruelty shallowness and as mentioned willful ignorance.

Coworkers admire: punctuality professionalism a sense of humour and the ability to laugh at themselves. I dislike people who are tardy who shirk their work and again the same things I dislike in the romance bit.

Business partners is basically a carbon copy of the above.

5) You know I'm technically Near Eastern right? Indian Subcontinent and all that. Also I'm going on record to say this is a stupid question. Not for the question itself which is decent enough but more because it's a question I can't fully answer here and I'll probably make a mess of what I want to say. So I'm just going to keep it very short which I'm sure will disappoint you but you know that you can always bring it up whenever and I'll give you a better answer.

In short "Traditional Cultural Values" are quite similar between the East/West (damn you and your arbitrary divides :P) to be perfectly honest. However whilst the east has in general  stuck with it's TCVs the west has adopted a more fluid approach to values. That's why even in distinct eastern cultures there are marked similarities even across the Near Middle and Far East whereas in the west there's actually a lot more variance than people would give credence to. For example a casual observer would say the US and UK have similar values, but honestly we're just as different as we are similar though we appear to be growing slightly more homogeneous.

In terms of whether or not East and West can live together and what not. Of course they can my family and I (and thousands of others) are living proof of this, that said it doesn't always work which is why you can see a lot of friction.

Things I dislike from the East include forced marriages and honour killings again these can be found in the near middle and far east and there's no sense to any of it. I admire the work ethic and the determination for self betterment

Things I dislike from the West include crass consumerism, waste, over indulgence and the encroachment of reality tv like culture. 

There is plenty to admire however including again a desire for self betterment, I like the concept of universal rights and I'm a big fan western type humour (humour is very important to me since it's helped me in so many ways).

There's more to say for both but I'm trying to do this while I work so I have to be brief.

6) The emerging markets and China (which is a special case not quite emerging not quite established) would gain a sudden boom. Also we'd see mass panic stateside for a while, but tbh with you after an initial shock (say 10 years or so) the rest of the world wouldn't be in quite so much trouble. The US relies on us much more than we rely on them so to speak, and the same is true for any other Single nation. However you'd see a massive rise in inflation and people no longer trusting banks, the price of gold would sky rocket and there'd be distrust in the street. I imagine attacks on the US from every country/group it has pissed off would also increase as there'd be a lessened fear of reprisal. This would probably be a mistake as the US would be liable to lash out (and let's be fair it does have a tendency to overreact to situations), which could well lead to a global nuclear war, though obviously I hope this isn't the case.

7) First impressions I thought you were a very smart lad with a slightly disturbing signature I enjoyed arguing against and alongside you on a bunch of topics and tbh you and a few other posters (including strawhats) are a major reason why I stuck it out in the OP sections.

Current impressions, well they've only improved although you're a wee bit weirder than I initially thought, which is cool because I'm only  marginally sane myself. Again you're good people.

what would make you kill someone?

I don't know. I'd like to think I wouldn't kill somebody, but I suppose defense of myself or my loved ones really, I can't stand things happening to the people I care about so more than anything happening to me that'd probably be a trigger.

1)any features of you you'd like to change ?
2)which fictional character would you like to meet in real life ?
3)healer or necromancer ?
4)favourite powers/abilities ?
5)current impressions of me? cause i'm pretty sure they're your first impressions of me xD

1) Are we talking physical or otherwise? Physically my twice broken nose is a little bit wonky, if I had to change something I suppose it'd be that (unless you count fixing up all the damage I've done due to injuries and what not), but to be honest I'm happy/comfortable with how I look, it's not particularly something that I think about or something that defines me. In other terms I have a tendency to slack off if I can't get something perfect (I'm a perfectionist in my work but I'm also not exactly lazy but reluctant to expend any effort more than the minimum required). I'd like to be able to rid myself of my insomnia too. I don't want to make drastic changes because then I wouldn't be any more if you see what I mean.

2) Shenron, gonna get me some wishes and not limited wishes like the genie from Aladdin (seriously Aladdin wished to be a prince and then barely a day later he wasn't anymore, come on disney)

3) In terms of personality I'd probably be a healer. In terms of gaming necromancer, in Diablo 2 after I got to level 12 I don't think I personally killed any enemies aside from Diablo and Baal.

4)Well I like Reality Warping, molding reality to fit your whims is pretty badass. But since that's kind of haxed I guess awesome telepathy cause you know mind control/reading makes me unbeatable no?

5) I like your posts and you seem cheery which means I like you :).

Who do you think will win the Champions League next season?

Football stadiums you would like to visit?

Xbox One or PS4?

Favorite fast food chain?

Recommend me a manga?

1) I've got a sneaking suspicion Juventus or AC Milan will win it, but I'll say Bayern to be safe.

2) Nou Camp and the Bernebau the Allianz Arena and the Maracana.

3) PS4 I just can't agree with Microsoft on this one.

4) Subway though I'm not a huge fan of chains as food quality always drops.

5) Black Cat is awesome, Shougeki no Souma is a fun cooking/battle manga, Mx0 is good manga about magic (though the ending leaves a little to be desired) also Veritas (technically a manhwa) though again it has issues with the ending

And so ends round two. Thanks for sticking with me  :domo: . Apologies if answers aren't complete/interesting enough feel free to ask a follow up meantime have a cookie unless you're diabetic in which case have 1 count it 1 carrot stick.

Edited by Nmaan, 11 June 2013 - 05:44 AM.

• m1hawkgsm, Peleihno, azer_moli and 5 others like this

Feed me and I'll be your friend forever, steal my treats and I make you into meats.

I'm big and I'm bad, so try not to make me mad. xD

http://thepunchlinei.../2010-10-18.jpg

QT with yours truly

Number 2

#18 Candles

Candles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationJamaica Estates

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

I guess I'll post some of Frosty's questions since M1hawk didn't this time...

Spoiler Kid Frost's Q's

Now for mine...

1. Which field of applied science do you see being the most influential to humanity over the next century and what advances do you realistically expect to take place in that field?

2. Is there anything currently illegal that you think should be legal or vice versa? If so what are they?

3. Since you're a big fan of philosophy what are your favorite branches of philosophy and what are your basic views for each branch?

4. Who are your favorite philosophers and also favorite polymaths assuming they're not the same people as the former?

5. What is one lesson in life you've had to learn the hard way?

6. Do you follow or watch basketball at all or is it just a recreational sport to you?

7. Since I don't know the first thing about the sport, what is your favorite part about cricket that makes it fun to play?

8. If you could only read literature from one genre for the rest of your life which would you choose?

9. How much of a person's personality and temperament do you think is determined by their enviornment (ie. culture, state, or familial influences) and how much is determined by their biological makeup (ie. genetics, neurobiological structure, etc.) and what do you make of the phenomena that may be a combination of both (ie. epigentics or brain plasticity)?

10. How do you think the world will be different 300 years from now?

• Nmaan likes this

#19 Strawhats

Strawhats

Chase the dream

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

1. Why do you hate me? Its because of zet isn't it?

• Nmaan likes this

53815365.gif

#20 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,781 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

1. Seeing as everyone asks it, why not: first and current impressions if any of me? 

2. A memory from childhood you really liked?

3. Underated gem in a media you'd like to get more recognition?

4. What is the meaning behind/how did you come up with your username?

5. Ice cream or cake which is superior?

• Nmaan likes this

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users