DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,875 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:51 PM

https://en.wikipedia...by_Adolf_Hitler

he tried and failed.

Fair point. I didn't know that. He had talent. He just needed to practice more. It's unfortunate that he took out his frustration on 6 million people. But I still don't see how God can't judge him.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#462 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,990 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:21 PM

Fair point. I didn't know that. He had talent. He just needed to practice more. It's unfortunate that he took out his frustration on 6 million people. But I still don't see how God can't judge him.

like i said before he is a necessary evil that created the world as it is today. Also if god would have given him more talent or made people like his art work more. Than hilter wouldn't have become hilter.

It would be like if the child of a rapist found the cure to cancer. Without the rapist you wouldn't have the cure to cancer.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#463 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,875 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:40 PM

like i said before he is a necessary evil that created the world as it is today. Also if god would have given him more talent or made people like his art work more. Than hilter wouldn't have become hilter.

It would be like if the child of a rapist found the cure to cancer. Without the rapist you wouldn't have the cure to cancer.

It doesn't change the fact he raped somebody. So if the child of a rapist solves quantum mechanics and cures the common cold, then we should let the rapist out of jail and give him restitution?

"Oops our bad, you got great genes and clearly knew what you were doing." .... :huh:

Edited by DarkNemesis, 27 July 2016 - 06:05 PM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#464 NGEFan

NGEFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:28 PM

Did God not have the power to stop the rape from ever happening in the first place?  To have the power to stop an evil action like rape and choose not to is to be complicit and therefore evil yourself.

#465 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,875 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:11 PM

Did God not have the power to stop the rape from ever happening in the first place?  To have the power to stop an evil action like rape and choose not to is to be complicit and therefore evil yourself.

I see what you're saying. And on an instinctual level, I agree. But I still wouldn't make an absolute statement like that.

What's the point of giving someone or all people Free Will if you're gonna stop them from every mistake possible. Even the really bad ones. Does God need to step for problems even bad ones, when you yourself have the ability to prevent it yourself. And no I'm not blaming the rapee for being raped. What I'm saying is that a lot of horrible things we see in this world are preventable. They are problems we can solve ourselves as a collective. But, again, we choose not to.

Spoiler

#466 NGEFan

NGEFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:03 PM

The general answer given to the question why God would choose to give people free will is that it's a test despite the fact at best the vast majority aren't aware of the rules of the test.  But there's a point in between where it's clear the test has been failed and yet there is still no preventative measure being taken.  If I had the power to stop that rape in progress, I would consider myself morally compelled to.  I would not feel I were protecting him by letting him wreak as much havoc as possible so that he could fully make his mistake.  But of course, I lack the power to stop that rapist I don't even know about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users