Photo

Fairy Tail: Chapter 337 Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
227 replies to this topic

#21 Damanos

Damanos

The Red Beast

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

http://puu.sh/3qc5m.jpg...

Cobra read the chapter.

This arc in one panel. 

Xllaa6D.png

"Ensuring the fresh leaves bud and usher in a new spring is the climax of the springtime of youth!!  That is when it burns its deepest crimson red!!!"

#22 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

We Lost 

Spoiler
For this BS? I think I'm going to cry  :(

Edited by Sloth9230, 28 June 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#23 Damanos

Damanos

The Red Beast

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:32 AM

I also love how it's like "Matched up all the Dragonslayers!  Even brought Cobra back into the plot specifically for this!  Bet you think they're going to do something, right?"

Edited by Damanos, 28 June 2013 - 04:35 AM.

Xllaa6D.png

"Ensuring the fresh leaves bud and usher in a new spring is the climax of the springtime of youth!!  That is when it burns its deepest crimson red!!!"

#24 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

Bro I am just stoked that this arc has finished.

Yeah, lets start the save Frosh Arc(time-skip included of course)  :hurr:

#25 Damanos

Damanos

The Red Beast

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

We Lost 

For this BS? I think I'm going to cry  :(

I'll give it two of the three chapters next week will have at most before she comes back. 

Xllaa6D.png

#26 excellion

excellion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:50 AM

Dunno. The fact that she landed in some empty plain with no city in sight and all her teammates look ethereal hints at the afterlife instead...

http://www.mangahere...35/c337/20.html

http://www.mangahere...35/c337/21.html

Which in turn doesn't make sense if the invasion has been averted in the present with no casualties for Fairy Tail. :huh:

I'm gonna go with afterlife as well. Otherwise everything else should revert back like nothing happened with just memories of it (will also be a flaw but let's at least give him that :P). 

His timeline theory is probably something like this: "With the gate destroyed, everyone/thing will ONLY go back to their own time but won't change what's already happened. This way he can keep the casualties including Ultear's.

Also, I couldn't find Levy's silhouette with the other guildmates so we can say these are the ones who died during the war which will also make "The Golden Plains" make sense.

Or you know its where they will start their journey/trip to the heavenss :)

http://puu.sh/3qc5m.jpg...

Cobra read the chapter.

NAILED IT!! xD

Edited by excellion, 28 June 2013 - 04:55 AM.

#27 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

Wait... FLucy was fully clothed... That wasn't Lucy's cloak Natsu was wearing, was it Ultears?

http://www.mangahere...35/c333/18.html
http://www.mangahere...35/c333/19.html

Seems like it.

Edited by Sloth9230, 28 June 2013 - 05:07 AM.

#28 DarkusSlayer

DarkusSlayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

Bye, Cobra. It was nice seeing you for like...Hardly any panels. :(

#29 futtobase

futtobase

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

What the actual ****? Now don't tell me that the reason Igneel took care of Natsu is because he heard from that fire dragon that he is Igneel's son?!

Fire Dragon: "Yo, Igneel! I came from the future and saw your son!"
Igneel: "WTF? FML!"

9s5tlg.jpg

吹っ飛ばせ,  断地風!

Futtobase, Tachikaze!

卍解! 鐡拳・断風!

Bankai! Tekken Tachikaze!

#30 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

As to why Future Lucy seems to be in the afterlife with her Guild, I have two theories depending on how the timeline works(Give us an explanation of that, Mashima!)

1. If each choice in the past leads to a fork in the timeline with multiple futures branching off the present, then like Future Trunks' timeline in DBZ, changing the present will give rise to a new future but other futures will continue to exist and will be unchanged. i.e. Future Lucy's future is the same as before(dragon invasion) and her guild members are dead, and now she's joined them.

2. If there can only exist one future at any given time(from various possible futures) that means Future Lucy's original future has been erased and replaced with a new one where there were no casualties. HOWEVER she and her guild members die anyway because of Acnologia's attack in the future(To be dealt with in a coming arc). So, for the time being she and her Guild are dead albeit for different reasons.

I'm leaning on 1. Though that creates various complications of its own.

In my opinion Mashima should just have steered clear of time travel plots. We're going to be scratching our heads and trying to figure out what really happened pretty much forever. :lol:

Edited by The Witcher, 28 June 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#31 excellion

excellion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:19 AM

What the actual ****? Now don't tell me that the reason Igneel took care of Natsu is because he heard from that fire dragon that he is Igneel's son?!

Fire Dragon: "Yo, Igneel! I came from the future and saw your son!"
Igneel: "WTF? FML!"

Lol I've thought of that as well but that may only lead to a more confusing time loop. It's already confusing as it is xD

It would be great if he can pull this off nicely in the future but it would probably be better if he died in the dragon war before he can tell Igneel. Or who knows, it's mashima we're talking about so it's possible it already had an effect with the past/current story but we just haven't notice it yet until this.

#32 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:32 AM

Ok, so before I talk about how lame a conclusion that was like everybody else is going to do for the next week, I do have to admit the ending to the chapter was kinda... nice.

NaLu at the end. :aww:

And also setting up a future threat to Frosch also, Rogue is pretty confident it will happen and it seems like it's something that they didn't see coming in his time... Dunno why somebody would assassinate poor Frosch though :lolxg:  :rly:

But yeah, that was a retarded way to finish an arc that had been set up to be such a big deal. I'm glad I had figured not to expect a twist from last week's chapter, sounds like a lot of other people got their hopes up though that it wouldn't like that haha. I guess it's a happy ending and all that, so I'm sure there are millions of people who will feel good about it regardless... But still, nothing Mashima did with the whole time travel thing really seems to make much sense lol.

Oh well, BRING ON THE TRIPLE CHAPTER FANSERVICE (just judging by the chapter names sounds like next week won't be exactly important lol) XD

dokuga_sig2.jpg

#33 futtobase

futtobase

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

Ok, so before I talk about how lame a conclusion that was like everybody else is going to do for the next week, I do have to admit the ending to the chapter was kinda... nice.

NaLu at the end. :aww:

And also setting up a future threat to Frosch also, Rogue is pretty confident it will happen and it seems like it's something that they didn't see coming in his time... Dunno why somebody would assassinate poor Frosch though :lolxg:  :rly:

But yeah, that was a retarded way to finish an arc that had been set up to be such a big deal. I'm glad I had figured not to expect a twist from last week's chapter, sounds like a lot of other people got their hopes up though that it wouldn't like that haha. I guess it's a happy ending and all that, so I'm sure there are millions of people who will feel good about it regardless... But still, nothing Mashima did with the whole time travel thing really seems to make much sense lol.

Oh well, BRING ON THE TRIPLE CHAPTER FANSERVICE (just judging by the chapter names sounds like next week won't be exactly important lol) xD

Make it six chapters in two weeks xD

9s5tlg.jpg

吹っ飛ばせ,  断地風!

Futtobase, Tachikaze!

卍解! 鐡拳・断風!

Bankai! Tekken Tachikaze!

#34 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

It'll be a little tragic if it turns out Atlas Flame died in the dragon wars and Natsu will never meet him again. I expect this to be the case when Natsu finally talks to Igneel...

BTW, I feel a little cheated for a different reason from the rest of you guys...

http://www.mangahere...v35/c337/8.html

http://www.mangahere...v35/c337/9.html

http://www.mangahere...35/c337/10.html

http://www.mangahere...35/c337/11.html

No parting (fanservice) shots from Zirconis! :wacko:

Come on, Mashima! How could you pass up such an opportunity? :angry:  You could have given us

-Wendy fanservice for the lolicons.

-Mirajane fanservice for the heterosexual men and LaxusxMira shippers.

-Hisui fanservice for all. Don't tell me I was the only one expecting the princess to be stripped when she was talking to him for so many panels! I WAS CHEATED! :wacko:

#35 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

Oh yeah, I remember thinking that as well. I was expecting him to do something as a goodbye. Oh well lol

#36 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

......How come I am both furious and not surprised at the same time.  There are a few things I especially dislike about this chapter:

1) He screwed things over with the Dragons.  The Dragons came from THE PAST TO THE PRESENT, so the Gate being destroyed in the Present should not have sent them back to the Past, when it only means no one could come back from the Future.  The only reason that could work is if the Gate was the only thing that kept things from both the Past and Future in the Present by its mere existence.  But even then, it is still flawed.  Even if it no longer exists in the Future, it still existed in the Past where it brought the Dragons forward in time!  I wanted Atlas Flame to stay in the Present, not to be sent back in time to be knocked off by Acnologia!

2) It means Ultear was only used for cheap dramatic effect.  Those three chapters of her deciding to kill Rogue, getting all emo about how she does not deserve to live, and turning back time by only one minute to "conveniently" save various Mages from death DID NOT NEED TO HAPPEN!  You could completely remove those three chapters from the arc, and nothing about how the story progressed would have changed!  It was just a terrible, cheap way of Mashima finding a way to kill off Ultear while simultaneously "redeeming her", when there are far too many other means by which the same effect could have been achieved, without pulling **** out of his a**.  Did the Mages who were "saved" by Ultear's turning back time contribute in any way to the arc's ending?  No it did not!  The only difference it made was that there were no casualties among the Mages aside from Ultear herself, just so the arc's "happy ending" would not be spoiled.

3) Once again it reminds me of everything bad there is about Mashima's writing.  It is the same tripe that he has reused over and over again for just about every arc: Natsu does "NAKAMA PUNCH"!  It's Super Effective!  Main Villain faints!  But this is especially bad because Natsu destroyed the Gate by chance!  He had no idea that destroying the Gate would rewind everything that happened outside of the fact the people in the Present remember it happening!  This is not the same as Natsu beating Zero in the same strike that destroyed the Lacrima powering Nirvana, nor is it the same as the Cats destroying Hades' Heart.  It was pure happenstance!  Mashima has set himself on a broken record. 

4) Where the f*** were Igneel, Grandine, and Metalicana!?  Over 200 chapters ago, we heard Grandine tell Igneel they'd meet each other at the Dragon King Festival!  In this arc, we saw Igneel expect the Dragon King Festival's approach!  Arguably, we saw it happen with the current fighting, BUT THOSE THREE WERE NOWHERE TO BE SEEN!  Was this not the real Dragon King Festival!?  If so, why the hell have Igneel talk about it in the same bloody arc where we have someone literally refer to the Grand Magic Festival as being the DRAGON KING FESTIVAL in the past if he doesn't even show up!

If there is only one small thing that I like about this chapter, it is because it comes from the one person who surprised me the most: Natsu.  For once, I am glad he is acting solemn about something.  After all, destroying the Gate means that his uncle has vanished back to his own time, possibly to only be killed off by Acnologia in the Past, just as Zirconis will be.  On top of that, he is burden by the knowledge that he will have to keep Rogue from accepting his Shadow one year from now when the events leading up to Frosch's death begin to occur.

Mashima, I might forgive you for all of this if you do one simple thing: let Atlas Flame survive the Dragon Wars.  He has become a favorite of mine, and I would appreciate it if he was not disposed of as some one-off character.

#37 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

Anyway my review.Finally the arc is coming to the end. The way I think, is Hiro is cutting his loses and move onto something else. Ultear better not stay dead. I hope the next arc involves Tortoros finally.

I think Hisui is going to become the 8th dragon slayer, I hope we see more of her in the future, I like to see her become a princess that goes out on adventures, and fights when need be. Maybe Yukino and Arcadeus can become her advenure buddies.

Six chapters in two weeks, I don't think that means FT is ending soon, we would have heard something about that, however I think Hiro wants to take some time off, go on a little vacation, so he is backloading all these chapters so FT can go on hitatous in the near future.

I hope if this is ground to test dragon slayers, it means they are needed and let Cobra out on parol, maybe he can join Fairy Tail with Makarov taking full responsible for him, or Quarto Cerbes they need all the help they can get. If that Stray Key arc is canon, he is not going to be able to differ if Yukino is Angel's sisters if they cross paths, it was revelaed in that arc he is blind.

Well maybe Hisui can make that happen, either way I hope Hisui and FT become buddies, it would be great for FT to have some authority on their side for once to offset the duchbag magic council. Also the head of magic council hates FT and wants to disband it. So maybe they hope is they release Cobra in Makarov care, hope he screws up and than they can disband FT.

So the arc is over and we don't see Minerva at all, so I am going to assume she and maybe with Geema, she exciled herself from ST.

#38 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

I doubt Fairy Tail is ending anytime soon. This chapter just set up Acnologia as a big problem to be taken care of in a year, and that's a LONG time in manga terms(Barring another timeskip, that is). There's also Zeref, the remaining Dragons and the Gods of Ishval stuff to be resolved.

All in all I'd say we've got at least two more arcs coming.

#39 Tyrlith

Tyrlith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

Worse by the week, hahahaha.

next up 3 weeks worth of boring explaining ?

#40 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

It'll probably 3 weeks worth of lighthearted fun like the omake chapters between 297 and 300. The next chapter title hints at a Dance after all. ^_^