lecaros

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

I really like the composition and colors contrast of the last one. You haz talents, girl

#42 ilikewaffles

ilikewaffles

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

Thank you very much for the kind words :3

Clicky clicky  :psyduck: 

Spoiler

#43 CloudDreamer7

CloudDreamer7

Psycho-somatic Addict-insane

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationWhere the eagles cry

User's Awards

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

the newest update is really good, the watercolors really make it a very interesting image to view. the only thing that bothers me is the added pen lines on the neck. in fact that area there doesnt really make much sense (to me) but either way i did prefer it the way it was portrayed in the 3rd picture rather than the last one. On the other hand, by adding the pen details you succeeded in making the face more lively so maybe it would look weird if you didnt add that in other places as well. So i guess, it would be more correct to say that you should have made the effect less prominent than what it is in the final image.

hope i didnt confuse you, too much :S

w7WYqCl.gif

-- It's only after we've lost everything... that we're free to do anything --

#44 ilikewaffles

ilikewaffles

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

Oooooo! A critique!  :aww:

That was one of the things that bothered me too when I felt it was done, but the ink is super waterproof and it would have messed up my watercolor D: The nose bothered me too and I think I might have accidentally used acrylic on that part because it wasn't blending. I'm still experimenting with my pen lines and I'm trying to find a style that works for me. I've still got a lot to learn.

Thank you for your input! :)

Spoiler

#45 CloudDreamer7

CloudDreamer7

Psycho-somatic Addict-insane

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationWhere the eagles cry

User's Awards

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

ha, in fact its the nose's design that bothered me a bit too be honest. i suspect it has to do with that central line extending only from the one (left) side and not at all on the other side thus giving an illusion of a 3/4 view when the rest of the face clearly isnt.

..............>.>..............we are "dissecting" it, now arent we ?

w7WYqCl.gif

-- It's only after we've lost everything... that we're free to do anything --

#46 ilikewaffles

ilikewaffles

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Exactly! I left it to dry for a little bit so I could blend it after, but it wouldn't blend D< 

......<.<...........I actually do this all the time...like I put all the things I want to add or fix on the back and when I'm free, sometimes I go back and repaint things lol

Spoiler

#47 ilikewaffles

ilikewaffles

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Gosh, feels like forever since I've gotten to watercolor.

Here's the latest one :)

Process

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Finished

Spoiler

• m1hawkgsm, DarkNemesis, Tom Ace and 5 others like this

Spoiler

#48 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

Process

Finished

So colorfully wonderful!

• ilikewaffles likes this

#49 SkullPrince

SkullPrince

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

Wow amazing! Keep up the great work! You have real talent!

/complimentinginthehopesofseeingmore

#50 ilikewaffles

ilikewaffles

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

^ Thank you! And yea, I'm planning to make a bunch more stuff for Christmas presents. Hopefully I can get them done on time :)

Spoiler

#51 daoko

daoko

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

Process

Finished

So many colors, it must have taken some patience to finish that watercolor drawing.
You should try to get a more smooth and clean look for your finished work though. The sky and clouds look sloppy, and they only look presentable because they are in the context of the whole piece. Same goes for the ground. It looks very whimsical painted.

You have a really typical flair-y feminine style, I think going over the finished drawing with some white paints for some standout highlights would look good. Especially on the colored gems. Don't overdo it if you plan to try it, though.

The woman's design looks pretty nice - for the small part we see of her at least. But the anatomy is lacking. Neck is too long, shoulder area is too flat, facial features are awkwardly placed - almost feel tacked on.
You need to practice your building blocks on drawing. Make sure the contruction of the body and face is correct. Reference real life, and read some art books.

If you feel like you really want to improve on anatomy and contruction, or some art book recommendations, don't hesitate to ask me.
Keep it up.

iI8JgRw.jpg

#52 Baka-Dynasty

Baka-Dynasty

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationTo infinity and beyond

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

So many colors, it must have taken some patience to finish that watercolor drawing.
You should try to get a more smooth and clean look for your finished work though. The sky and clouds look sloppy, and they only look presentable because they are in the context of the whole piece. Same goes for the ground. It looks very whimsical painted.

You have a really typical flair-y feminine style, I think going over the finished drawing with some white paints for some standout highlights would look good. Especially on the colored gems. Don't overdo it if you plan to try it, though.

The woman's design looks pretty nice - for the small part we see of her at least. But the anatomy is lacking. Neck is too long, shoulder area is too flat, facial features are awkwardly placed - almost feel tacked on.
You need to practice your building blocks on drawing. Make sure the contruction of the body and face is correct. Reference real life, and read some art books.

If you feel like you really want to improve on anatomy and contruction, or some art book recommendations, don't hesitate to ask me.
Keep it up.

god dam sai you changed

!Banana head fart man !

Selena_gomez_sig_by_litlemusa.jpg

*Knowledge can never replace friendship, i prefer to be an idiot*

Come check out my video room thread :3

http://onemangaforum...z-video-room-3/

Spoiler

#53 ilikewaffles

ilikewaffles

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

@

Thank you for the critique! I was mostly focused on the crystals lol. Should have gone back and worked on the other stuff but I was in a rush to finish. I'll try the highlight effect when I get the chance XD. I do need to work on anatomy...It's really tough though but hopefully I'll get the hang of it. D':

And I would totally love it if you could share techniques or book recommendations  :aww: Any help would be awesome 

Spoiler

#54 ilikewaffles

ilikewaffles

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:26 AM

Gah! I've been so busy with school and projects DX. Still am but I like to pile the stress on, helps me do better in class for some reason...

Welp. Here's the latest one, my favorite so far :)

Process

Spoiler

Finish :)

Spoiler

For my next project, hopefully I'll have the gundam panda plush for my cousin done soon...

• m1hawkgsm, Tom Ace and lecaros like this

Spoiler

#55 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts
  • Locationyour broad

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

Fuck.

You go girl.

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#56 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,246 posts
  • LocationOut on the Sea of Madness...

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

Wow, you do some awesome work, waffles!  Loved the sketches you first posted (the messy graffiti look worked well) and the watercolors are looking awesome!  Nice Fire Nation girl in your latest, although she looks like she's making the duck face, lol!

Waiting for the Angels of Avalon.

Coeur de Feu - a storage site for my art, writings, and ramblings.
Coeur de Feu on Etsy - Yes, a place to sell my art.

#57 amykinsxoxo

amykinsxoxo

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationThe Fridge

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

I looked at your work when you first started this thread, and the improvement is just akjsdkfjskldfjsl astounding. I'm so ashamed I haven't drawn much at all since starting college  :(

You definitely motivated me to start up again c:

st5w.jpg

Spoiler

#58 ilikewaffles

ilikewaffles

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

You go girl.

Ah! Thank you!  :blush:  

Wow, you do some awesome work, waffles!  Loved the sketches you first posted (the messy graffiti look worked well) and the watercolors are looking awesome!  Nice Fire Nation girl in your latest, although she looks like she's making the duck face, lol!

Thank you! Haha, my friend pointed that out too lol. tbh I didn't even think of it being fire nation until you guys pointed it out XD

I looked at your work when you first started this thread, and the improvement is just akjsdkfjskldfjsl astounding. I'm so ashamed I haven't drawn much at all since starting college  :(

You definitely motivated me to start up again c:

Gah! Thank you! 

I'm glad I could be any motivation XD I'm still learning but if you want to ask me how I did something, I'm pretty open :)

Spoiler

#59 Akai Itsuki

Akai Itsuki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

:oWhat is this awesomeness i've stumbled upon?  :kakashi:

#60 ilikewaffles

ilikewaffles

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

^ Thank you!

Never knew how much I hated charcoal and now I hate it even more D:< Don't have my projects on me right now but yea...

Something something frottage using a graphite stick. Such a fancy word...frottage...

Spoiler

And....OH! I found the first pikachu I ever made. He's so chubby :3 and he does have a tail...it just kinda fell off....

Spoiler

Hopefully I'll have some free time to make more stuff D':

• RhyssaFireheart, steamjunkie, lecaros and 3 others like this

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users