1625 replies to this topic

#1 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

Discuss the awesome manga, Akame ga KILL!, of the Monthly Gangan Joker magazine, here!

akame_cover.jpg

Synopsis: Tatsumi is a fighter who just got robbed by a pretty girl, but his luck seems to be looking up, as another pretty girl has taken him in. What he doesn’t know is that this girl is about to be visited by a family of assassins (including the girl who robbed him) and they might be the good guys, and be recruiting...

New Readers: Chapter 01, Read it here

Latest Release: Chapter 32, Read it here

Edited by Sev, 15 December 2012 - 03:21 AM.

• Keeliacep likes this

#2 itano123

itano123

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2924 posts
  • Locationin the middle of bloodshed, tainted crimson

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

awesome manga.... I kind of don't like the death flags being put on my fav characters though  

kizunasigsupah_zpsdce21450.png
credit goes to Raijuu for combining a fav char with a fav drink 

"all of itano's characters have at least one mental disorder. Even if it's not literally a mental disorder; itano takes it to extremes which practically functions as a mental disorder."

Wise words by wise women.... and a not so wise man

Spoiler

#3 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

awesome manga.... I kind of don't like the death flags being put on my fav characters though  

For characters in the future? Or the ones that have already died?

Bors' death was sad, and ruthless. I can't hate Chelsea for it though, she's too awesome.  :P

#4 itano123

itano123

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

For characters in the future? Or the ones that have already died?

Bors' death was sad, and ruthless. I can't hate Chelsea for it though, she's too awesome.  :P

BOTH, Bors was cool and he knew what he was wrong and mostly knew he was going to die for his sins and Braht was awesome.... that was kind of sad 

"all of itano's characters have at least one mental disorder. Even if it's not literally a mental disorder; itano takes it to extremes which practically functions as a mental disorder."

Spoiler

#5 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

BOTH, Bors was cool and he knew what he was wrong and mostly knew he was going to die for his sins and Braht was awesome.... that was kind of sad 

Yeah he was a great character. I had a feeling he would die though, then I got happy I thought he was going to make it, then BAM GONE.  :(

Braht was awesome yeah, his death wasn't too sad though since it was just surrounded by awesome. And Schere's death just took me by surprise, at that point I had no idea the author was gonna be killing of main characters lol.

#6 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12593 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Characters honestly drop like flies. I don't know if I can take liking a character any more, if they'll just die right after. :(

I'm hoping Susano'o doesn't die, but I find that unlikely at this point.

#7 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Characters honestly drop like flies. I don't know if I can take liking a character any more, if they'll just die right after. :(

Yeah, it's a danger to like any character too much at this point. Anything could happen. I got scared ****less when Mein got eaten by Kurome's beast.  :(

Yeah, he's pretty awesome. But since he's a teigu, seems more likely he'll go at some point. Though he is pretty hard to kill, having to find his core and all.

#8 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12593 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Yeah, it's a danger to like any character too much at this point. Anything could happen. I got scared ****less when Mein got eaten by Kurome's beast.  :(

Yeah, he's pretty awesome. But since he's a teigu, seems more likely he'll go at some point. Though he is pretty hard to kill, having to find his core and all.

Thank god Mein survived too.

He's a badass nigh-invincible Teigu too. That usually doesn't end well.

#9 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Thank god Mein survived too.

He's a badass nigh-invincible Teigu too. That usually doesn't end well.

I guess we can probably say Mein is safe until she fights Seiryuu at least though, she needs her chance at revenge for Schere.

Yeah, that definitely doesn't bode well for him. I could see him dying against Esdese if he and Najenda fight her (which I assume they will at some point because of their backstory).

By the way, can anyone tell me when the last chapter came out? Since I only just caught up the other week, I dunno what time of the month each chapter gets released, so I haven't been sure whether to expect another this month or not.  :P

#10 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1545 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Don't worry about Susano'o. He will survive at least until he use his special combat ability 3 times. That will be his time to die af it comes to that. I have that feeling from last chapter or am i only one? Why else they would say he can use it 3x if they go kill him straight now

#11 itano123

itano123

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

Don't worry about Susano'o. He will survive at least until he use his special combat ability 3 times. That will be his time to die af it comes to that. I have that feeling from last chapter or am i only one? Why else they would say he can use it 3x if they go kill him straight now

wait if Susano'o dies from that doesn't that mean Najenda will die as well... and please don't tell me Leone actually died, she's going to get up right? right? :( ..... well i liked her and i have learnt that every character i come to like ends up dieing

Spoiler

#12 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1545 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Susano'o won't die from that. He will only gain power every when he uses it. Death penalty is only for Najenda after using it 3rd time.

About Leone. Looks like she is alright for now. Injured and drained but still capable of survive. At least i hope so.

#13 fararibmwz

fararibmwz

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Locationlittle red dot

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

It do seems like Leone might survive for now.

Since it looks like Chelsea is the next one to die :(

36063215_zps2748996c.jpg

#14 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Yeah I think Leone is fine, at least for now... We've just gotta hope that since the Jaegers count went down when Bors died, that she's still alive since the Night Raid count didn't change. I hope that's the case anyway.  :)

#15 SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Warlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationI'm sorry, I can't hear you over the awesome of my shotgun gauntlets!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Yeah I think Leone is fine, at least for now... We've just gotta hope that since the Jaegers count went down when Bors died, that she's still alive since the Night Raid count didn't change. I hope that's the case anyway.  :)

I don't really think we can use that as evidence, simply because as I recall there never was a Night Raid counter. Could easily be mistaken however.

Yanggif3_zps62f0e097.gif

#16 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

I don't really think we can use that as evidence, simply because as I recall there never was a Night Raid counter. Could easily be mistaken however.

Wasn't there? I thought there was... I can't really remember either though and don't know what chapter the other first appeared in lol.

Anyway, she didn't get any death flashback or significant last words (just having her faint and die offscreen would be pretty lame for a main character), so if she is gonna die, it won't be til next chapter at least.  :P

#17 vansonbee

vansonbee

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

There plenty of theories how Chelsea gonna die next, I feel its either by the enemy hands, easily recognizing her behavior was different than Bor OR Chelsea own teammates took her out w/o allowing her to reveal herself.

Leone took such a beat down this arc, I was hoping her beast ability had something more to it.

#18 Nefeari

Nefeari

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

is it wrong to ship Tatsumi x Esdese. casue at this point i am a fan of that pairing  :wub:

Edited by Nefeari, 01 January 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#19 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

is it wrong to ship Tatsumi x Esdese. casue at this point i am a fan of that pairing  :wub:

Haha, nothing wrong with that. I think there's quite a few people, including me, who like Tatsumi and Esdese together.  ^_^

#20 fararibmwz

fararibmwz

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Locationlittle red dot

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

Tatsumi x Esdese is the only ship B)

I just went to tumblr and saw an spoiler image that sent a chill down my spine.

Spoiler WARNING

I don't even know what to say. I know this is going to happen but for it to happen in such a brutal way...

She's my fav :(

Edited by fararibmwz, 01 January 2013 - 02:44 AM.

36063215_zps2748996c.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users