178 replies to this topic

#1 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

Title says it all, that's the place where we can let our imagination wander to share everything coming to our minds about what could happen next in Fairy Tail, or to give explanations to some unanswered things...

50c34dd1-274c-4550-9d6d-d6edce927b63_zps

#2 DarcMyst

DarcMyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Here goes:

I'm really hoping that, by the end of this arc, the status quo will have changed. No "oh we time traveled everything is exactly the same again woo nakama." I love this series, but that would grate me to no end. People may have to kick the bucket, I think. Rumour is it's gonna be Jellal. I'm cool with that. His death won't be as impactful as someone more likeable though. Oh, and Warren must go. Pedos have NO PLACE IN MY GUILD.

This is an impending cataclysm. Time for everyone to show their stuff.

#3 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

I don't think it's time for Jellal to die... as you say, it wouldn't be meaningful enough.

The only one whose death would be really meaningful is Makarov.

I love that little guy, he's one of my favorite characters, but he has done his time. I don't think he has anything else to bring to the guild.

Now that we're in this arc, it makes sense that he survived Acnologia, since Luxus wouldn't have been able to participate in the Games otherwise (and that might be the only reason why he survived...), but once the Games are over, it's time for Luxus to be the new master.

now, if they change the past...I'm not sure where this leads to.

It's possible that part of Charle's premonition will be realized...

#4 DarcMyst

DarcMyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

True, but it wouldn't hurt to see him go either. He's also done his time.

Makarov dying now... yeah I can see it, but it may feel like "Death Scene: Take Two." For him surviving the first time, I was surprised, but it stayed true to Fairy Tail. Leaving a man behind is not their style. Laxus as Master would actually be pretty great. He's reached that stage in his "Hero's Journey" as it were. I'm actually liking this idea more by the minute.

It could simply be that them changing the past is part of causing the present. How else does Zeref know Natsu? This is a tricky situation, though. On one hand, it implies that they cannot change fate, which isn't exactly the tone of FT. However, if it ends with Natsu roaring that with the power of his friends he can change the course of history, I'll be a little pissed. My ideal scenario is the shocking twist that they end up causing the destruction, but look to change the future and thus has a bittersweet note to it. I don't see it though. I doubt Levy will end up with those scars...

I thought of something else. Princess Hisui said that the country would cease to exist. That doesn't necessarily mean that the land is destroyed, but the system of government collapses.

#5 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Not really, I think that when Jellal dies it will be meaningful for everyone. So that the magic council forgive his "crimes", so that he dies as a hero, and not as a nobody with only the Fairy Tail guild knowing the truth. 

I didn't understand at all why he survived on the Tenrou Island either back then, it only makes sense with this arc, because Luxus has to fight for the guild and couldn't be a master. Maybe Mashima had planned to make Makarov die at first, and then changed his mind because of the current arc XD 

Well, yeah, if Mashima does it like he did with Rave Master, then changing the past makes the current present. But at the same time, it can prevent the future Charle saw...maybe.
As for Levy and the dead ones, I doubt it will happen for real too... It wouldn't be Fairy Tail-like.

But who knows what Mashima has in his head...XD 

Mhm maybe.

#6 DarcMyst

DarcMyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

I'm honestly fairly ambivalent about Jellal, so I don't mind either way. If it happened the way I suggested, it would be a pretty darn tragic end, and a bit of a dark sucker punch to Fairy Tail. I like it haha B)

I think I read somewhere that he changed his mind about him surviving at the last minute...

I never got through all of Rave... probably should. You're right, though. He could literally do anything. He has broad outlines and then just goes with it, according to an afterword. Maybe not to the extent of Kubo Tite (he hadn't thought of captains by the time Ichigo started his fight with Ishida), but enough for a lot of random leeway.

#7 alekos23

alekos23

No Sardine

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

theory (thats been  said a few times i think :P) : the king is mato.their voices are almost the same in the anime :P

#8 DarcMyst

DarcMyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

I have trouble seeing this arc ending on a completely happy note...

#9 Elijah Ballard

Elijah Ballard

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • LocationHell, AZ

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

I seriously think that Lucy and the Princess are related. I thought it was her mom at first but I'm not so sure now... still think there's a connection though.

966f13ea-3986-48d5-b67f-28ddb6d4962a_zps

#10 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationBeyond Infinity

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Here goes:

I'm really hoping that, by the end of this arc, the status quo will have changed. No "oh we time traveled everything is exactly the same again woo nakama." I love this series, but that would grate me to no end. People may have to kick the bucket, I think. Rumour is it's gonna be Jellal. I'm cool with that. His death won't be as impactful as someone more likeable though. Oh, and Warren must go. Pedos have NO PLACE IN MY GUILD.

This is an impending cataclysm. Time for everyone to show their stuff.

Darc I'm disappoint, just when I thought that you are a decent guy:glare:!!! Now I will go back hating Natsu Q.Q!

------------------------------

Anyway while I wouldn't be surprised if Mashima does kill off Jellal, it would be quite weird to see he keeps bringing back him, having Erza to keep telling Jellal to live and struggle only to kill him off anyway :lmao:. And it would be even weirder to see Erza become forever alone to the end of the series (can't see her getting with anyone beside Jellal because that would cause quite a massive shitstorm in the fandom). Mashima even adds in a possible new love rival for him a.k.a Kagura and there would be no reason for the conflicts between Kagura/Erza/Millianna if he will die anyway. Part of why I like Jellal so much is because I feel like he is a dynamic character while still having lots of potential and rooms to develop (and Mashima has done quite a decent job developing him this arc). Like how will he resolve against Kagura? What will he do when he has finally earned his free ticket? Will he go traveling around like Gildartz? Will he join FT or return to be a Council member to fix the current shitty one? I also want to see him interacting with other FT members aside from Erza and Wendy. So many things here....

Jellal's problem here, to me, is the same as Gildartz: too powerful to be allowed to frequently interact with FT and the plot. The having to hide his identity thus can't participate the tournament is just an excuse to make things less blatant, kinda like Gildarts' "doesn't give a shit" attitude. The moment he is truly recognized as a good guy he will stick to Natsu team 24/7 to have more time with Erza. This mean that not only Natsu team has a massive powerhouse which makes Lucy and especially Gray feel weak and out of place, but Natsu will always have his DF boost from that point. In other words, if Mashima wants to let Jellal live, he will have to find ways to nerf him down. This brings up a theory. Since Jellal has fused with Etherion, like Natsu, he can use this power to give him a massive powerboost (which is needed since there is a chance that FT will fight dragons this arc), this is also a way for him to have his Big Damn Hero moment. However since Jellal body is not a DS, the side effect is much severe and he gets crippled after that. In fact Mashima has already drawn a pic of him being horribly injured here Of course he can still rejuvenate from that, it would take a long time and by that point Natsu and others have nearly caught up already and closed the gap already, making him feel less broken compared to now.

Edited by Jeral Fernandes, 16 December 2012 - 05:00 AM.

• DarcMyst likes this

auJZmWF.png

#11 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

^ Honestly, I don't see Jellal sticking with Natsu's group.

The day he's acknowledged as a good guy will probably be the day of his death. As you said, he's more like Gildartz, too powerful to stick around, though I would have compared him to Mystogan instead xD. Now, I like the idea of him fixing up the magic council, because someone has to do so anyways.

And I really can't imagine Erza and Jellal all lovey-dovey... Both of them are too independent to stick together all the time... Aren't they?

#12 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

^ Honestly, I don't see Jellal sticking with Natsu's group.

The day he's acknowledged as a good guy will probably be the day of his death. As you said, he's more like Gildartz, too powerful to stick around, though I would have compared him to Mystogan instead xD. Now, I like the idea of him fixing up the magic council, because someone has to do so anyways.

And I really can't imagine Erza and Jellal all lovey-dovey... Both of them are too independent to stick together all the time... Aren't they?

The first part I have already explained why I see Mashima wouldn't kill off Jellal, so it's a legit way to nerf him down.

And actually that what makes their relationship become more interesting, because it actually affects their characters. Natsu is still Natsu and Lucy is still Lucy when they are together, but Jellal and Erza are totally different compared to their normal state which are completely serious most of the time. It's also the only way to save them from being completely Mary Sue, especially Erza.

auJZmWF.png

#13 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

I like better your idea of him being again a council member, just being part of Natsu's team doesn't suit him at all IMO.

Now, you know Jellal's character better than me...

#14 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

I like better your idea of him being again a council member, just being part of Natsu's team doesn't suit him at all IMO.

Now, you know Jellal's character better than me...

Boy I wonder why hm.... -_-

I too like the Council option, wouldn't be surprised if he also has royal blood like Mystogan seeing their names literally mean "Great King"

auJZmWF.png

#15 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Jellal means "great king"? Seriously?

That would be interesting actually if the current king overtook the throne. 

Though that would make both Jellal's stories a bit too much similar if they are both fallen princes.

#16 Gildartz25

Gildartz25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

I'd like to see Jellal become a member of Fairy Tail. I don't see him getting locked up again at least not permanently. He will probably end up playing a sacrificial role.

Posted Image

#17 DarcMyst

DarcMyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hahahaha! Okay my bad. Poor choice of words. It's just my personal preference, and maybe it's because the awesome antihero position in my mind is permanently taken by Zuko :P but I just feel a liiiitle bit ambivalent about Jellal sometimes. The council idea is great. I could really see that, especially if Fiore asplodes.

Here's something that will get me few haters, but here goes regardless: I don't like the idea of Jellal and Erza getting together. They love each other, sure, but I think he's better off gone. He's no longer a plot hole waiting to happen as Jellal stated above, and it provides a major opportunity for Erza to develop. Imagine what the sight of Kagura killing Jellal in front of her would do? Now that would be interesting to see imo. Erza need not be forever alone (and here's what's really gonna draw the hate.) I've said it before, I think Gray has a thing for Erza. It's the reason he's put off Juvia so much and why he smiles sheepishly when Erza confronts him about it. I don't see it happening, but it won't leave my mind...

...wait... unless... what if Juvia was killed off? Naw he wouldn't... would he?

#18 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

XD Kagura wouldn't be the one to kill Jellal, she was just introduced and is not important enough yet.

Erza would never love anyone else beside Jellal IMO
Gray and Erza... I don't see them together, but that may be because of Lluvia that I say that ^^"

#19 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,243 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

The Dragon Slayers are form the past and they sent themselves to the future to stop Acnologia. Side effects the time travel process Include erasing most of their memories and changing themselves into children.

#20 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Future Lucy has been roaming around for 7 years or something.

- Lucy's dad is still alive, he faked his death.

- Sabretooth is the guild from the future

- Kagura may be from the future also

- Yukino is from the future, too.   It's already hinted.  She's undercover.
- Raven Tail is good, may be working with Future Lucy

- Jiemma is probably someone in FT

Lucy disappeared.  Remaining FT members went after her and they established Sabertooth.

The Dragon Slayers are form the past and they sent themselves to the future to stop Acnologia. Side effects the time travel process Include erasing most of their memories and changing themselves into children.

I think they're descendents of the original Dragon Slayers... of the mages trained by dragons.  I don't think Wendy has ever tried to pass through a magical barrier that did an age check.

Natsu and Gajeel have magic artififacts on them that could be made out of living dragon scales.  Gajeel has those studs and Natsu has that scarf. That is what probably kept them from crossing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users