178 replies to this topic

#21 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

New one...

Future Lucy is Sting's twin sister... Lucy's future daughter.

New one...

#22 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Lucy with Zeref magic, Lucy, Natsu, Zeref, Acnologia, Dragon King Festival, Eclipse, July 7th (past and present), Lucy's mom's death, Dragon vanishing. There's most likely a link between all these things, and I'm pretty sure only one small detail is keeping us from figuring it out. Well played, but frustrating. Why would future Lucy lie? Does she want it to happen, or is telling them the truth more damaging.... It would be easier if we knew for sure if she was bad or good. It would also help if we knew for sure if Zeref was bad or good too cuz he didn't look bad on tenrou. What bad guy cries like a girl when he sees another guy?

I think there's a link of some kind between stellar spirit magic and dragon slaying magic. I couldn't tell you why, but I do. There is a dragon constellation so maybe that's why.

Argh! So many hints, but not enough fit together to make a picture. It's like looking at a puzzle and only having pieces in sets of twos and threes, but then trying to see the whole picture. The edges are missing too.

• MeltyValley likes this

weareasuperteamloco_zpsxquonz8c.gif?t=14

"Those two are made for each other"

-Master Fu

#23 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,068 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

New one...

New one...

That'd be a bit weird XD But since I was thinking of Future Lucy being Gemini Lucy, we can all have crazy speculations XD

That said, I don't believe Sting can come from the future, even more now that we know for sure Rogue doesn't come from the future.

50c34dd1-274c-4550-9d6d-d6edce927b63_zps

#24 DarcMyst

DarcMyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

I know that this is morbid, but I really get the feeling that one or more characters are going to bite it before this arc finishes. I'm just going to ignore the fact that any deaths will probably be corrected by time travel anyway.

People I could see dying:

Anyone, really, as long as they're not too major or minor a character.

Warren: Cos he's a gorramn closet-pedophile

Someone from the Lightning God Tribe: if something hectic is happening to Laxus or someone powerful, but minor in terms of character,  jumps in the way to protect somebody weak. Eish... Elfman and Evergreen dying together would be HECTIC :aww:

Mirajane: STOP DON'T RAGE YET LET ME FINISH! If Lisanna (or, less interestingly, Yukino) were about to die, I just get the image of Mira getting in the way because she can't let her baby sister die again. Now how awesomely sad would that be?

Jet and Droy: Protecting Levy, whom we know survives.

Makarov dying would be anticlimactic now, but it's possible.

What do you all think/Who do you want dead? :P

#25 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationBeyond Infinity

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

No one will die, it's obvious that Mashima will use friendship power to change the future (the timeline is already different compared to Levy's timeline now considering we already have a time travel, or even another mysterious one), hell I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to push back 10k dragons rather than become a double arc where they have to go back in time to fix stuffs.

Edited by Jeral Fernandes, 04 March 2013 - 03:42 AM.

auJZmWF.png

#26 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,068 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

I doubt it will be Warren, he doesn't have enough importance in FT to die...

The DS can't die, Luxus can't die, Lucy can't die, for the sake of the plot. Erza can't die for the sake of fan service. Gray probably can't either.

Now, if it were Makarov, as I said in the chapter thread, I wouldn't mind, and it can lead to great things. But I want some sort of epic death...

I don't think Jellal will die so soon either. But who knows what goes in Mashima's head.

#27 DarcMyst

DarcMyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

@Talu I understand you're not enjoying the manga that much atm, but ease up a little. Although if the 10k dragons are repelled without much effort, then I will drop this manga as well, however unlikely that dragon scenario is.

I know Warren isn't important enough to die. I just don't like him :P

Erza is still a major character. Yeah she does the nakama thing the most, but that's her character: the stalwart knight.

Makarov's death could lead to awesome things, I agree. Although I think he's missed the point of dying in battle. Maybe he deserves to die in his sleep, right after giving Laxus one speech of the gods.

Hey, those early chapter notes from somewhere said that this arc would "Bid farewell to Jellal." I personally don't mind him dying too much. Sure he's badass and all, but maybe in his dying moments he does something incredible and redeems himself. 

• Phenomiracle likes this

#28 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationBeyond Infinity

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

@Darc: Eh I'm still enjoying the Manga, since the only I care about is Jellal and there hasn't been anything that happens to him these days, just that it's the way I feel like Mashima will roll.

I don't like the idea of killing fodder characters, it's like Mashima being an asshole here and kills characters that no one gives any fuck about to create forced emotional scenes in-Manga and just for the sake of killing.

So that leaves Makarov, Gildarts and Jellal. I will not talk much about Makarov case since this has already debated and pointed out multiple times. I can see Gildarts dying at some points in the future since he also doesn't have much plot relevance. Jellal case is different though, I can make a long list to explain why I think Mashima will not kill him (not because I'm his biggest fan or anything). It's just that I feel Mashima has been trying very hard to redeem and change side for Jellal. It takes him roughly 250 chapters to do so, and now when Jellal starts to show a bit of his character, or officially recognized as a good guy and a part of Fairy Tail  (hell even Mavis kinda hints that he has the same hearts with FT member), etc. If Mashima really kills him off now then it's just too painful :(.

• Phenomiracle likes this

auJZmWF.png

#29 DarcMyst

DarcMyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

@Talu I can respect that

I didn't even think of Gildarts. As long as it's not a carbon-copy of Jiraiya then I'm fine with it.

The killing of C-listers can still be emotional, as long as there's more than one death and the focus is on why they died and the fact that FT has experienced losses. I thought Gurren Lagann did a pretty good job of it, apart from it seemingly being an excuse to tie up loose ends by just killing EVERY minor character they had :hurr:

#30 Silveritz

Silveritz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationWhere there's no boundary

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

I doubt it will be Warren, he doesn't have enough importance in FT to die...

The DS can't die, Luxus can't die, Lucy can't die, for the sake of the plot. Erza can't die for the sake of fan service. Gray probably can't either.

Now, if it were Makarov, as I said in the chapter thread, I wouldn't mind, and it can lead to great things. But I want some sort of epic death...

I don't think Jellal will die so soon either. But who knows what goes in Mashima's head.

Well considering he's just died, I'd agree it's not likely for him to be dead again.

resizedimage_zps0e6c85a3.jpg

- Be Better, Not Bitter -

#31 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,068 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Well considering he's just died, I'd agree it's not likely for him to be dead again.

What are you talking about?

#32 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

What are you talking about?

Laxus died, we now have Naxus.

You don't remember?

• azer_moli likes this

6474505L.gif

#33 Silveritz

Silveritz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

It's alright. azer just doesn't want to be reminded of the pain, and thus, banished the memory to the back of her mind.

• azer_moli likes this

#34 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,068 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

And thanks to you, I now have to remember Luxus quoting Natsu....

Thank you  :rolleyes:

That said, I still think the rest of the fight was cool 35cpdlj.gif

#35 Silveritz

Silveritz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

And thanks to you, I now have to remember Luxus quoting Natsu....

Thank you  :rolleyes:

That said, I still think the rest of the fight was cool http://imageshack.us/a/img832/4048/35cpd...

Don't worry. We're here with you.

• azer_moli likes this

#36 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,243 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Theory:

The Dragons come from 400 years ago when the Eclipse Gate is opened and Lucy closes it to prevent more of the Dragons from coming to this time. So if they don't open the gate to 400 years ago, then the dragons will not appear. When Future Lucy closed the gate everyone in the future lost their memories of what exactly happened on that day.

#37 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

This is probably just a coincidence but...

Spoiler

Spoiler

#38 Nmaan

Nmaan

King of the Sports Discussion

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationWhere strength is a poor substitute for courage.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

Either way it's still a good spot :kakashi:

Feed me and I'll be your friend forever, steal my treats and I make you into meats.

I'm big and I'm bad, so try not to make me mad. xD

http://thepunchlinei.../2010-10-18.jpg

QT with yours truly

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

Number 2

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

#39 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

This has been a theory from the start, and, while it seems pretty legit,  I have a few reservations about it....

The biggest being in order for that to happen Natsu would have to go back in time to change and then live in the normal flow of time before ending up on Tenrou where he'd be attempting to kill his past self in the future. There isn't a benefit to killing your past self as far as I'm concerned, but there could have been other motives which is why I don't just dismiss the theory.

weareasuperteamloco_zpsxquonz8c.gif?t=14

"Those two are made for each other"

-Master Fu

#40 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

This has been a theory from the start, and, while it seems pretty legit,  I have a few reservations about it....

The biggest being in order for that to happen Natsu would have to go back in time to change and then live in the normal flow of time before ending up on Tenrou where he'd be attempting to kill his past self in the future. There isn't a benefit to killing your past self as far as I'm concerned, but there could have been other motives which is why I don't just dismiss the theory.

Okay, Random Theory Time  :hurr: 

What if Natsu is in fact Acnologia's human half? Maybe the spell that turned Acnologia into a dragon also resulted in any good within him taking the form of a child ala Piccolo? Then he got hit by something like Fairy Sphere which resulted in him getting frozen in time, until he awoke in the present day where he was found by Igneel.

• MeltyValley likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users