#41 jomegar

jomegar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • LocationIn Sangrela's Toybox.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

Okay, Random Theory Time  :hurr: 

What if Natsu is in fact Acnologia's human half? Maybe the spell that turned Acnologia into a dragon also resulted in any good within him taking the form of a child ala Piccolo? Then he got hit by something like Fairy Sphere which resulted in him getting frozen in time, until he awoke in the present day where he was found by Igneel.

You'd need to include Gajeel then, since he has already been connected with Natsu's potential age issues as well.

Eh, and I thinks, from the way the DS have been gathering it is more of a repetitious destiny thing. Even this whole time-travel thing has Rogue running about spouting that the destiny of an individual in their time is immutable.

#42 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

Theories

- Acnologia shows up, the other Dragons attack on sight

- Dragons from the civil war are being transported from the portal

- Some of the Dragons are on the side of humans

- Lucy must not close the gate before leader of the pro-human factions shows up.
- Gildartz shows up

#43 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

Only two potential developments at this point, one more likely than the other.

-The world meets destruction and the events which Rogue foretold come to pass, with the exception that FT manages to hold together and survive (unlikely, but again this is Mashima).

-The pro-human dragons arrive, hold off the assault of the evil dragons and either fight with the humans or urge them to get to safety.

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#44 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

Where is Zeref and his demons?

Mutli-faction war coming up.

Humans + Pro-Human dragons

Acnologia

Anti-Human Dragons

Zeref + Demons + anti-dragon humans

#45 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

You'd need to include Gajeel then, since he has already been connected with Natsu's potential age issues as well.

Eh, and I thinks, from the way the DS have been gathering it is more of a repetitious destiny thing. Even this whole time-travel thing has Rogue running about spouting that the destiny of an individual in their time is immutable.

Gajeel is actually Acnologia's sense of fashion, just look at that hair  xD

#46 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

So I'm in a bit of a Blue Exorcist mood at the moment.

What if Jellal's plan is to fire Etherion into the Eclipse gate? Sounds rather lame for the plot, yeah, but it still would be cool to see.

ZmZNGgT.gif

#47 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Just my little theory on how the Eclipse Gate functions with respect to the singular timeline theory.

Spoiler

Edited by Phenomiracle, 15 April 2013 - 11:46 PM.

ZmZNGgT.gif

#48 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,946 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

time to post my own timeline theory ! :P

weell,the dragons in the original timeline came from solar eclipse mode gate,if Arcadios is to be believed,which was probably easier to
control,but in a less open space,AKA the basement,since they were planning to still use it as a gate.some dragons got out,killed them
all,and Lucy,by going back in time,resulted on Eclipse losing power,and only 10.000 dragons passing through.Rogue survived there,and for
whatever reason decided to have the dragons come earlier,when the Lunar eclipse was in place,so Lunatic would disrupt the gate,allowing for even
more dragons to come,with the door being harder to close.why would he want that,no idea though JaGTC6f.gif

Edited by alekos23, 15 April 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#49 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationWaiting for his Kittyspada :3

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Here's a speculation on my part.

Since the dragons from the past are coming into the future, does that mean that Acnologias won't exist?

Apparently he was born from the last Dragon Festival, so does that festival take place after the dragons entered the gate?

_wine__noir___dog_days_by_unkawaiigfx-d8

Thanks Zc. :aww:

#50 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Since the dragons from the past are coming into the future, does that mean that Acnologias won't exist?
Apparently he was born from the last Dragon Festival, so does that festival take place after the dragons entered the gate?

Probably not happening. My guess is that these are dragons fleeing him, not ones that tried to fight him and died.

#51 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Probably not happening. My guess is that these are dragons fleeing him, not ones that tried to fight him and died.

Ooh that's an interesting thought.

Hmm, time travel opens so many possibilities.

For instance in the Halfblood saga the dragons are said to grow in size and power as they age so an Acnologia from 400 years ago would be significantly weaker, maybe even weak enough to beat.

It's also possible that dragons are just plain strong from the get go.

#52 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

The Dragon King Festival is about Acnolgia, it did not exist before him. 

Now if you meant the dragon wars, then I'd say the gate opened during that time, but the 10,000 dragons were probably just a small portion of the species and them traveling through time is not what lead to their "extinction".

#53 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

On a non-dragon note, here's a wild time travel theory that occurred to me.

People pretty much expect Lucy to get Yukino's keys at some point, so Lucy'll have the complete Zodiac set. Lucy already rejected the "Yukino just gives Lucy the keys" route, so people generally expect something bad to happen to Yukino so Lucy can inherit her keys. Something bad being death as there isn't really a solid other way to remove them from her. Sure the contract can technically be broken if she's arrested, but she's not a villain so that's unlikely to apply and would be pretty contrived if Mashima used it. Death runs into the problem that Mashima's reluctant to definitively kill people because 1) he's not going for that dark of a tone, and 2) dead characters are dead, this isn't Dragonball where they can wish the population of the planet back to life.

So onward to the wild theory. People thought Yukino looked like Angel when she first showed up, and called her Angel 2.0. Since then Mashima's dropped enough hints that he's all but directly stated that this was not a coincidence, and that Yukino is Angel's long lost sister. However readers also noted a resemblance to Lisanna. Not just readers, but Mirajane noted a resemblance in series as well. We could just write it off as a combination of "only six faces" and protective older sister seeing her younger sister in someone that is kind of in need of protection. But what if it is a deliberate resemblance like the one to Angel? Yukino shows up to help Lucy close the gate through time. Before it closes she gets knocked through the gate. Shockwave from a dragon walking, gate starts sucking things in as it closes, whatever. The point is that when the gate shuts, she's on the other side. She doesn't need to land 400 years ago, the trip back could be cut short by the gate closing. Either way, as long as she went far enough back, the moment the gate closes, bam, as far as her contracts are concerned, she's dead of old age and Lucy can get her keys. Yukino for her part is fine, just stuck in the past with no way back. So she settles down, gets married, has kids, dies, and eventually some of her descendants have the surname Strauss.
  • nyamad and MeltyValley like this

#54 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

Thinking about this:

http://www.mangapand...iry-tail/318/23

http://www.mangapand...iry-tail/318/24

http://www.mangapand...iry-tail/318/25

And this:

http://www.mangapand...iry-tail/245/17

http://www.mangapand...iry-tail/245/20

http://www.mangapand...airy-tail/246/3

Really makes me think Cobra should make a comeback if for nothing else than to give Wendy a Healing/Poison combo. :lolxg:

• azer_moli likes this

#55 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Really makes me think Cobra should make a comeback if for nothing else than to give Wendy a Healing/Poison combo. :lolxg:

Even if Cobra doesn't return for something like that, Wendy can always get her second DS magic from Sting.  ^_^

#56 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,946 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

or zircy there :P

#57 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

I posted this in the chapter discussion but it should be in here I guess. 

What if they killed Present day Rogue? Then F-Rogue and all his doings should cease to exist!!!!! 

Or they threaten to kill Present day Rogue and force F-Rogue to send all the Dragons back??? then kill him?

I don't think Natsu and Co. would do that.  Arcadios might though.

#58 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

I posted this in the chapter discussion but it should be in here I guess. 

What if they killed Present day Rogue? Then F-Rogue and all his doings should cease to exist!!!!! 

Or they threaten to kill Present day Rogue and force F-Rogue to send all the Dragons back??? then kill him?

I said this elsewhere, but it's possible that Eclipse being magic might mean that anyone who uses it exists out of time. That would mean that F-Rogue would continue to exist regardless of what happens to Rogue. F-Lucy said that the death of Lucy would also result in her ceasing to exist, but it's possible that she doesn't/didn't know the specifics of how Eclipse works.

Or if there's multiple timelines, then killing Rogue would do nothing, since there's still a timeline out there where he wasn't killed, and that's the one where F-Rogue comes from.

#59 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

Okay then just for testing purposes say they chop Present Rogues pinky finger? That would give us a result and confirm if it will work. The pinky will of course be reconnected using magic.

But what if that pinky was always meant to get reconnected?  :rly: Then nothing would be proven, even death wouldn't really guarantee anything, since theres always ways of reviving people, like the R-system.

Edited by Sloth9230, 25 April 2013 - 11:10 PM.

#60 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

And for a dragon related wild theory:

Zeref and/or Acnologia possess Dragon Manipulation magic. It does not work on dragons that were originally human.

Back on Tenroujima, when Zeref said "Acnologia" the council folks jumped to the conclusion of "Zeref's planning to do something with Acnologia, we better get the hell out of here." Zeref for his part seemed to instead be thinking "Acnologia? I better get the hell out of here."

So the council folks seemed to think that Zeref could control Acnologia, but he apparently could not. Fast forward and Zirconis told the tale of a dragon slayer that killed dragons until he became one himself. Right after that Arcadios showed up with a tale of Zeref being responsible for the creation of Acnologia. And Future Rogue shows up with Dragon Manipulation magic but says controlling thousands of dragons is difficult, without specifying whether the problem is power, range, or multitasking.

So assuming everyone is at least partially right, let's go back 400 years. Zeref develops Dragon Manipulation magic, because he seems to make all sorts of things and controlling dragons would be a handy thing to have in an age where thousands of dragons are running around and warring. So he gains a reputation for being able to command dragons. But it's limited, he can't simply order thousands of dragons to not eat humans. The moment he turns his back and stops focusing on them, they're on to the next town for dinner in short order.

So he comes up with a plan. Make a dragon slayer undisputed ruler of the dragons, and he can end the war in favor of humans. So he finds Acnologia, and grants him power. Or more specifically, near invulnerability like exhibited by Deliora or Hades, with himself being the "devil's heart". If Acnologia turns on him, well he's got dragon manipulation magic to deal with him.

So he goes through with the plan using manipulation to force dragons to fight if necessary, and Acnologia turns into a demonic dragon that all dragons fear. Only for Zeref to learn that Acnologia is no longer interested in ending the war in favor of humans. And to Zeref's horror, his manipulation magic does not work on Acnologia because Acnologia was once human.

Things vary a lot more at this point as to what happens next. For example Acnologia could demonstrate that he's been paying attention and figured out dragon manipulation magic for himself thus negating Zeref's ability to recruit dragons for back up. Or they could have simply fled in fear of the two.

In any case Acnologia starts going after Zeref and/or the other dragons, and the rest of the remaining dragons hide, from either Zeref, Acnologia, or both. Either one can command them, leaving them stuck raising more dragon slayers to put an end to the two threats.
  • azer_moli, VegaKotes and Machabees like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users