168 replies to this topic

#1 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

the-god-of-high-school-2162921.jpg

While an island half-disappearing from the face of the earth, a mysterious organization is sending out invitations for a tournament to every skilled fighter in the world. “If you win you can have ANYTHING you want”
They’re recruiting only the best to fight the best and claim the title of The God of high school!

#2 Professor

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

i don't like Pyo's transformation all that planning was  a waste. Yu Mi-Ra does not stand a chance unless she summons her old sword.

Edited by Professor, 15 December 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#3 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Nah, let it be. I'm just suprised that people(spectators) act like it is okay to kick someone 10 meters above floor when this manga looked like 'special powers are secret among the world'

#4 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Locationthe super attic

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

All the spectators might be people who were already kicked out of the tournament so they could be used to the special powers. I didn't think this thing was actually open to the public. I'm not sure though because it looks like too many to be beaten participants.

You are right about the special powers thing. People shouldn't know about them in this world. It really doesn't make too much sense.

Posted Image

Don't look at it directly

#5 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

Chapter 87

#6 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Higher quality 87:

http://www.batoto.ne...asy-going-scans

Posted Image

#7 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

Yeah, it seemed like he suddenly had a different personality when the fox thing came out O_o

#8 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

I don't really think so. What are you referring to? For the previous with Jin Mori he was very serious because he is very wary of Jin Mori. He seems to have relaxed a bit now.

Keep in mind this is his first time using this power. So he can't be as strategic.

Posted Image

#9 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Oh it is? I was under the impression that it's something that he has used before (albeit without his knowldege) seeing as one of his team mates was able to say it wasn't over just yet (counting on the fox appearing)

#10 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

it's not the first time that he used it. Like Lone ant pointed at it now. Why else his team mate would know about something like that? Cause they knew.

#11 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

new chapter - 88

http://www.mangahere...gh_school/c088/

Edited by Don't say, 27 December 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#12 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

That was quite unexpected. If i have to be honest, i thought that Jin would be allowed to fight 2 times since the opponent group had 3 fighters but i was completely wrong.

qhz8b56l.png

#13 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

You are not the only one. I was also trolled this chapter. Trully unexpected.

#14 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

LOL even the readers weren't expecting much from her :P 

Go Mira! Was with you all the way :D 

• Don't say likes this

#15 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

New raw

http://comic.naver.c...=92&weekday=fri

I feel like their used to be more discussion of this series on the previous forum. what happened?

Posted Image

#16 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

New raw

http://comic.naver.c...=92&weekday=fri

I feel like their used to be more discussion of this series on the previous forum. what happened?

I don´t know, i still read the series but all those weird monsters appearing (which is apparently the manifestation of their spirits if i understood it correctly) kind of disappointed me. I preferred the series primarily being a martial arts series.

qhz8b56l.png

#17 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

I don´t know, i still read the series but all those weird monsters appearing (which is apparently the manifestation of their spirits if i understood it correctly) kind of disappointed me. I preferred the series primarily being a martial arts series.

I suppose that could be true for a lot of people too. It started out close to a martial arts series but there were signs in the first chapters that something else was up when an island was destroyed and people thought it was some new weapon.

I feel like a ton of martial arts series end up with crazy powers anyways unless they are based around a sport like boxing.

Strangely enough those spirits remind kind of "Shaman King". Wristbands with powerlevels, the whole series centers around a tournament, the main rival having some insane ancient power, and the winner of the tournament get unbelievable power.

http://mangapirate.n...igh_School/91/1

Posted Image

#18 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Just like you said, i expected it to be a weapon of some kind. Then the judges had that little dispute but i still thought that it was some kind of weapon comprised in his cards or other objects but the fights turned more and more into clashes between weird powers. Honestly, the most impressive thing in this series were Mo-Ri´s kick against the Northern Taekwondo guy and the old member of The Six almost piercing Mo-Ri´s heart. All those fights with the monsters and weird creatures kind of left me cold.

qhz8b56l.png

#19 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

I get what you're saying I feel it a bit too. Originally the judges battling the enemy cult people with their powers was exciting and so were the first few battles of the tournament that the powers showed up. But right you can't really tell how strong everybody is so who wins or loses just feels arbitrary.

Recently Jin Mori's acupuncture speed-beatdown was impressive too but after that the scale of powers began feeling warped.

Posted Image

#20 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

chapter 92 is out and things are looking pretty dismal.

http://mangapirate.n...igh_School/92/1

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users