• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#41 Professor

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Enjoyable chapter,Mori is probably the monkey king as shown by the staff Ruyi Jingu and the phoenix feathered cap.Also explains what Jin Tae-Jin meant in the earlier chapters when  he said Jin would beat them if they messed with him.

Edited by Professor, 16 May 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#42 Funktastic

Funktastic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Enjoyable chapter,Mori is probably the monkey king as shown by the staff Ruyi Jingu and the phoenix feathered cap.Also explains what Jin Tae-Jin meant in the earlier chapters when  he said Jin would beat them if they messed with him.

it's been awhile since I started reading this Manwha, but do you want to remind me of who the monkey king is?

#43 feral

feral

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Anyone care to tell me what the hell happened in this chapter?

@Funk

As far as I know, the Monkey King is a figure from Chinese folklore (brought to life in the novel "Journey to the West" written in the 16th century) that carries a hexagonal pole (similar to the one shown in this chapter). If there is any overlap here in this story, I would assume that the basis of the character comes from the Chinese legend. I do not remember any reference to that ancient being in this story, which makes this latest chapter feel so out of place.

• Funktastic likes this

Posted Image

#44 Professor

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

The Monkey King was never mentioned in the  Manwha but  I also don't consider the recent revelation to be out of place.Earlier in the series it was mentioned that Jin Tae-Jin found Mori abandoned in the mountains which happens to be the same location where the Monkey king was imprisoned

After he took the sage pill and collapsed while fighting Judge Q his aura was shown and it resembled a monkey.

i22.48.jpg?v=11321471664

From the recent chapters the head band he wears is showed to act as a seal preventing him from reverting to his other  form,this can be compared to the magical headband the Guanshiyin gave Xuanzang as a way to control him.

I have no major issues with the current chapter there were clues however little and Jin Tae-Jin did say that Mori  would have been enough to kill them.

Edited by Professor, 16 May 2013 - 10:43 PM.

• Funktastic likes this

#45 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

ah ok it seems like its a lot more mythology themed then i realized at first, thats the problem, i thought he was just pulling this stuff out of nowhere and expecting us to go along with it, it has felt a lot like that at times.

I can deal with unexpected plot twists, the series is at least interesting and back on track, i mean i have no idea where its going, but its back to focus plot wise imo.

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#46 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

This series keeps you guessing. I thought for certain that Blue hair was finally defeated. Guess not. Also, anyone else feel like this is kinda like a clash between asian mythology and classical depictions of angels and heaven? 

#47 feral

feral

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

The Monkey King was never mentioned in the Manwha but  I also don't consider the recent revelation to be out of place. Earlier in the series it was mentioned that Jin Tae-Jin found Mori abandoned in the mountains which happens to be the same location where the Monkey king was imprisoned

So, not the moon then?

After he took the sage pill and collapsed while fighting Judge Q his aura was shown and it resembled a monkey.

I see I have missed some clues. Although, it is a bit of leap of faith to take that clue and say that Jin Mori was anything but human. I mean, at that point in the story we were being introduced to "ability users" who could do supernatural things. And then later on we were told that Jin Mori was a "power user." I don't think there was anything there that would have suggested that Mori was some sort of a reborn god. A stronger than average fighter, yes. But anything mythological, no. Not so much. 

From the recent chapters the head band he wears is showed to act as a seal preventing him from reverting to his other  form,

From recent chapters or from this latest chapter? Because if you mean this latest chapter then that doesn't count, seeing as how it is the chapter in question.

this can be compared to the magical headband the Guanshiyin (who?) gave Xuanzang (what?) as a way to control him.

In "Journey to the West," or this story?

I have no major issues with the current chapter there were clues however little and Jin Tae-Jin did say that Mori  would have been enough to kill them.

I know I don't sound like it, but I have no major issues with this new development either. I am just stating that it did come out of nowhere. I see that I have missed some clues, but nothing that I think could possibly suggest that Mori was some sort of demigod.

Posted Image

#48 Professor

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

So, not the moon then?

I am merely making comparisons to what we know of Jin Mori to the Journey to the West novel.Of course it would not be a perfect representation the author will merely utilize parts to suit his story.Regarding the moon it seems a battle took place there we see a part of a creatures remains and the staff.

I see I have missed some clues. Although, it is a bit of leap of faith to take that clue and say that Jin Mori was anything but human. I mean, at that point in the story we were being introduced to "ability users" who could do supernatural things. And then later on we were told that Jin Mori was a "power user." I don't think there was anything there that would have suggested that Mori was some sort of a reborn god. A stronger than average fighter, yes. But anything mythological, no. Not so much.

True but it was hinted he was powerful based on the fact that Park Mu-Bong was among the group when Jin Tae-Jin confidently said they were not a match for him.Park Mu-Bong was the same person who crushed an entire island leaving a large hand print in the first chapter.We also knew he was never normal due to the explanation given after he ate the sage pill.
The problem I have currently however is what is going to happen to Mi-Ra and Dae Wi they were getting stronger together and now Mori is on an entire different level,even though I expect him to return to his old self in the upcoming chapters he will revert once more when placed in a dangerous situation.I will have preferred it if they were all close power wise.

From recent chapters or from this latest chapter? Because if you mean this latest chapter then that doesn't count, seeing as how it is the chapter in question.

The sleeping mask was on his head even as a child and I don't recall him taking it off before it just brings into light that it may have a use and not simply there for appearances sake.

In "Journey to the West," or this story?

Journey to the West

Edited by Professor, 17 May 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#49 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Just read last chapter..

That's a battle you usually see as the ending battle of a manga..

I am curious to see where they will go from there and for how long.

I also don't know if I like the current development, but at least the action was almost never boring

and this was never the kind of manga that was hot with the plot and storytelling.

Anyaway, it was fun.

Edited by Red Haired Shanks, 24 May 2013 - 06:46 AM.

#50 Morek

Morek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

next stop planet Vegita

• Shredow likes this

#51 Professor

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Decent chapter. If it is not coming to an end  expect more people on Mori's level to appear soon.The tournament was held around the world so it leaves room for interesting battles to  take place between gods from different  cultures.

Edited by Professor, 23 May 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#52 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

Yeah the whole highschool tournament went to hell a while ago

But i dont think the manga is ending, it does not feel that way to me at least, well it might be but its rushed and sloppy if it is.

Im not sure, i cant make any guesses at this point, but its an interesting ride right now so ill just ride it out, still got no idea whats happening though XD

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#53 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

I kinda got lost once Blue Hair started swallowing up so much crap. I'll have to power through this manwha (hopefully that was just season 1) next week so I can understand what was happening at the end

#54 SunSpear

SunSpear

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationDorne, Westeros

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

Well good chapter, Jin Mori finally beat that Blue Hair "Greed" power guy with the help of friendship (Remembering FT)... And the magician elder from The Six died Like a Boss! A Salute to your efforts my good man..  :kakashi:

Hoping there's a next arc that will encompass the world...

G.O.H. World Edition and also hoping it will include the mythologies and Gods from other countries, What awesome Charyoek could be shown..  :aww:

#55 Morek

Morek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Hoping there's a next arc that will encompass the world...

G.O.H. World Edition and also hoping it will include the mythologies and Gods from other countries, What awesome Charyoek could be shown..  :aww:

Possible Charyoek,

The Hebrew Hammer 

• SunSpear likes this

#56 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

The chapter is out: http://eatmanga.com/...High-School-111

Zh6lU4d.png?1

#57 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Well, that was confusing as all hell.

#58 SunSpear

SunSpear

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationDorne, Westeros

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

damn that was weird, didn't understand anything at all...  :mellow:

#59 Morek

Morek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Yah other then the person being able to grant wishes.. and is part of the six it did not make much sense.. I wonder if that is a result of the translation.

#60 Zoro

Zoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

Part 2 needs a re-reading

I am not able to follow the happenings/events since they drop the "Mytho" bomb

Edited by Zoro, 11 June 2013 - 12:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users