275 replies to this topic

#261 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:17 AM

id also like to add that if your working with an artist to get your work out there, then i admire your skills as a director.  thats something i have huge problems with. working with others.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#262 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,012 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:48 AM

@Tom Ace, have you done a Dead Fantasy-like scene yet? Since you have drawn all of these women, I figure a snapshot of a battle would be pretty cool.

Anyway, just a thought.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#263 Sasuke K

Sasuke K

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in exile.

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

you know , all it takes is a shit ton of practice, maybe a few classes..  lol you'd be surprised at how far you can go in just a couple of weeks.

i'll PROBABLY never get to the point where my shit looks as good as tom aces.  but that doesnt stop me from trying.

id also like to add that if your working with an artist to get your work out there, then i admire your skills as a director.  thats something i have huge problems with. working with others.

It does take a lot of time to practice drawing. I lost the ability to draw when I stopped back in 2008 when I got into fanfiction, which lead me to be a writer. I tried starting up back in 2014 but seems I couldn't get into the groove when I gave up last year. The best I can do is sprite comics. I'm happy my artists is very patient and a nice person as he design my MC (boy in the avatar). Hopefully one day I will get to work with a comic artist or mangaka.

@Tom Ace, have you done a Dead Fantasy-like scene yet? Since you have drawn all of these women, I figure a snapshot of a battle would be pretty cool.Anyway, just a thought.

Same here.
  • retroluffy13 likes this

8519a27d-5f08-4790-abd9-e67910047477.jpg

Dark Souls random clip for season 1 of GoM: The Legend Begins.

Full Image 

#264 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:19 PM

@Tom Ace, have you done a Dead Fantasy-like scene yet? Since you have drawn all of these women, I figure a snapshot of a battle would be pretty cool.

Anyway, just a thought.

Same here.

To be honest i don't even know what Dead Fantasy-like is......  :unsure:

#265 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,012 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:35 PM

Have fun.

Spoiler Dead Fantasy

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#266 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:30 AM

Here's a preview of my newest drawings! BE WARNED: while none reveal anything one is fairly 'ecchi' though it's still pg13 if you ask me..... I'll remove it if a mod thinks it's too much.

Spoiler

• Chillman likes this

#267 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

This is a new WIP of my character Lily. Somethings could change, but it's close to what i want at the moment!

lilith_wip_2_by_rocky_ace-dazai02.jpg

• RhyssaFireheart, Zeando and Chillman like this

#268 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • Locationnow'here

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:08 AM

that's really good,

i'm worried for the coloring and palette, since the colors choices could possibly screw it with strange or too strong colors, which would hide the really good line drawing

#269 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:32 AM

that's really good,

i'm worried for the coloring and palette, since the colors choices could possibly screw it with strange or too strong colors, which would hide the really good line drawing

Thanks! 

The line art will be less noticeable if i go down the more pastel coloring route. However being that i am making her even more aggressive then she looks in this WIP, i will probably go for the harder darker and more dynamic lines in the end.

As for her coloring. She is light skinned with strawberry blonde hair and normally blue eyes with transparent white wings. I still haven't figured out her dress, though i would like to add more to it like a design.

• Zeando likes this

#270 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • Locationnow'here

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:49 PM

guess the pattern for the dress could be something related to the genre she comes from, is it only fantasy or there is something else mixed in it? (like fantasy+sci-fi ? )

what is the circle over her head?

the lower pair of wings could need more work, they look a bit sketched right now

• Tom Ace likes this

#271 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:43 PM

guess the pattern for the dress could be something related to the genre she comes from, is it only fantasy or there is something else mixed in it? (like fantasy+sci-fi ? )

what is the circle over her head?

the lower pair of wings could need more work, they look a bit sketched right now

Some what dark-fantasy not on berserk levels but much darker then something like Fairy Tail, kind of DnD style. I would like to add a lot of detail to her and her dress.

That circle and pedals will require a bit of explaining so here we go! So her name is Lily (like the flower) and she is a small half breed fairy (i'm going with pixie as her other half at the moment, though i do have other ideas).

She is a support type magic user that can buff and heal using her large supply of magic power. When needed she can activate an ability/secret technique (not sure yet) called 'The Calla Lily'. By doing so it transforms her to human size with increased physical abilities at a cost of all of her magic power for a set time (probably a day or two), and her wings represent that magic power being released, and that's why they degrade away.

As for the circle and pedals, they appear upon activation of the skill and represent a flower blooming. I wanted a simplistic image however it will probably need adjustments.

Yes the wings do need work, i haven't done much with them from the first rough sketch.

I do have another yet unnamed character in the same story as her though its an old drawing as i have yet to create a new one.

Spoiler

• Zeando, Chillman and Grimmjagger like this

#272 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

Mind if I step in?

That's some awesome art! and awesome background for Lily!

Edited by Grimmjagger, 17 February 2017 - 05:25 PM.

• Tom Ace likes this

dlpoua91d55.gif

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth and evil for evil." -Toki Fujiwara

#273 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:32 PM

Mind if I step in?

That's some awesome art! and awesome background for Lily!

Always open to new ideas!

#274 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:35 PM

A Bleach Renji and Rukia wedding ceremony, that would be cool!

dlpoua91d55.gif

#275 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

A Bleach Renji and Rukia wedding ceremony, that would be cool!

Interesting! Though that one be one hell of an undertaking.

• Grimmjagger likes this

#276 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:40 PM

Interesting! Though that one be one hell of an undertaking.

I guess it would, but with your skills it would be awesome!

dlpoua91d55.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users