Photo

[OOC] 刃先の伝説 Legend of the Blade's Edge

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
672 replies to this topic

#1 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:12 AM

7G9mjVL.jpg

Theme: Legend

The far west meets the far east. Yamato the land of the rising sun saw giant ships arrive to this country one year ago, and from then on the two drastically different cultures began to mingle with one another. They were known as the Albion Empire, wielding firearms and industrial technology as their primary equipment. Meetings between representatives of the Empire and Yamato’s Shogun processed smoothly for the first month, establishing trade of limited goods. This was expected to expand as relations became more stable.

However, not everyone is as open to the Albion Empire as the Shogun is. Joui Patriots, oppose this regime, fear of their culture being thrashed and discarded as the Albion Empire began to spread it’s influence. Many different factions of Joui Patriots have appeared, and each one with different types of policies. In the first few months, their methods have been extreme, employing the use of gunpowder in explosive attacks, or assassinating officials that were key in establishing a fine relationship with the Albion Empire. After a whole year, their methods have changed, some seek the same ideals, but feel that extreme violence would not help their cause, others want to continue as they have always, either out of strong hatred or bloodlust, and finally, some have given up that the foreigners will ever leave, choosing to instead cultivate their culture as samurai as best they can in order to not lose it in the coming days of change.

Today, the fight continues, and not much has changed until now. Joui Patriots, blades under the service of the Shogun, agents of the Albion Empire, a youkai or a wandering blade, what will you be? Who will you side with? And what future do you have in mind for this country?

Spoiler Responsibilities System

Spoiler Troop Values

Spoiler Combat and Technology

Spoiler Factions

Spoiler Map

Spoiler Character Creation

Spoiler NPCs

Edited by ~L~, 07 May 2014 - 08:55 PM.

#2 I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:39 AM

So the Kanto Region is where our story is being based, eh?

This is insignificant but I'm going to ask anyways, though the emperor has no real power, will appear in the RP at some point if only for a brief moment?

Just curious.

And for the Joui Patriot factions secret HQ, do we PM you where we want it to be as to not to tip off the other rpers?

tumblr_mpdyjbR0KM1rxsujoo6_250.gif

#3 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:59 AM

They'll know which province your HQ is, but they won't know what town or city. There are a few advantages and disadvantages for placement of HQ.

For instance in the outlying provinces that have fewer major towns, it'll take the enemy longer to get to you, but they have fewer areas to search. On the other hand, closer areas will allow for much more aggressive assaults, but they're a lot closer, so if they find you, it's harder to escape, although they have more cities and towns to check.

Emperor may make brief appearances, they don't have much power at all, but they are still revered as descendants of Amaterasu, so their word is absolute. The Emperor has met with the Albion Ambassador already, which is where the diplomatic agreement was made, which is in the assets for the two factions.

Emperor is not playable.

#4 itano123

itano123

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Spoiler

kizunasigsupah_zpsdce21450.png
credit goes to Raijuu for combining a fav char with a fav drink 

"all of itano's characters have at least one mental disorder. Even if it's not literally a mental disorder; itano takes it to extremes which practically functions as a mental disorder."

Wise words by wise women.... and a not so wise man

Spoiler

#5 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

I don't see anything wrong.

Looks good to go.

#6 mantisstalker

mantisstalker

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,123 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

*plasters a warning for carrying a deadly weapon on itano's head*

xwj6hphfvwez_zps37695cdc.png

Manty is a being of Chaos afterall. It was only natural he'd confuse you.

#7 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Ethics? What are those!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,469 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

Sorry for dumb question, but can your character be a Youkai?

#8 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

I just accepted Itano's character, who is a youkai.

So yes.

Edited by ~L~, 18 March 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#9 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Ethics? What are those!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,469 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

tumblr_mwl8q5WOug1s0s480o1_250.jpg

I need to finish a character on Batoto, and will work on this one as fast as I can. Count me in.

#10 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

There's no cut-off period, but if we reach a climatic part of the RP where it may come to a conclusion, you'll need to wait it out.

So no pressure, and I actually mean it.

#11 louipwns

louipwns

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

@Misty: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  I'll read it over a bit more thoroughly later, but it seems good.  I have to take a moment to figure out how my character would handle yours.  Too dangerous to allow complete freedom (hence the ninja), but not enough of a threat to try to gain complete control of.  I'll figure it out.

@L: I'll make the ninja I have on Misty's character.  I had an idea for him.  Also, I'll be making my bodyguard.  I'll post an updated CS for my character and these two NPCs later.

#12 Misty

Misty

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

Alright, I went bananas. Thoughts now. 

Spoiler Daisuke

tumblr_nppka9tuR81tgmuxgo1_r3_500.jpg

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.'

'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.'

'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.'

Go Ask Me Questions On Ma Question Time and Vote for the Next One!

#13 itano123

itano123

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

*plasters a warning for carrying a deadly weapon on itano's head*

i am a sword, your western logic is invalid 

kizunasigsupah_zpsdce21450.png
credit goes to Raijuu for combining a fav char with a fav drink 

"all of itano's characters have at least one mental disorder. Even if it's not literally a mental disorder; itano takes it to extremes which practically functions as a mental disorder."

Wise words by wise women.... and a not so wise man

Spoiler

#14 louipwns

louipwns

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

@Misty: A continuity thing, Daisuke's been Shogun for about three years, so the way they met won't add up (patriots only existed for a year thus far).

I also don't know....if we're the Shogunate, I feel like we'd have the greatest Shinto priestesses at our disposal.  I wonder if making the previous Shogun stricken with disease would really work....

Also, you want your betrothed to be Daigo? I had created an older brother for him just for your character who had run away.  It works out better for me if Daigo was your betrothed though, it didn't make much sense to have a middle child be the one to ascend to power.

Other than that though, seems pretty good and I'll adjust my backstory accordingly later.

Edited by louipwns, 18 March 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#15 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

Loui, I accepted your character already so you're free to put him in the Info.

#16 Misty

Misty

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

@Lou,

I'll make her older so that she's been running around since then.  I'll add in some further backstory after this point so that it makes better sense for their meeting point. And I'll adjust it to some other intervention with clans or something along those lines. 

Also, she is one of the greatest Shinto priestesses and happens to specialize in life and death where others would not.  

Yes, I want that, rather especially since it makes out better sense and also would explain why she might feel a certain fondness for the Shogun that killed him/was at war with him. 

Edit for character

Spoiler Orochi, Izanami

Edited by Misty, 19 March 2014 - 12:01 PM.

tumblr_nppka9tuR81tgmuxgo1_r3_500.jpg

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.'

'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.'

'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.'

Go Ask Me Questions On Ma Question Time and Vote for the Next One!

#17 I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

Shiro Kamiya

Spoiler

I was expecting to finish it much later, but this works. I was unsure of various bits of it like with the effects/abilities my muramasa will have and especially with the whole Fox-Fire thing. Fox-fire proved to be quite the difficult thing to look into (for me at least) and couldn't find an all to reliable source about it.

Also, I know Inari has been called 'Uga-no-Mitama' with ' Uga-no-Mitama-no-kami' being the female aspect of him and 'Uka-no-Mitama' being the male but since this is an alternate reality of sorts of japan, or what it'll become (right?) and since there were some stories of them being different deities... I decided to make them into different beings altogether, like lower gods that serve Inari instead of being Inari altogether, that have been housed at the Kasama Inari Shrine (where my character served). Hopefully that'll be alright.

I'm also unsure if I did the abilities or what not wrong or if you feel there's holes in the story that need immediate fixing.

Oh, I also put his kitsune bio in a spoiler and at the tail end, it plays into his current identity.

To make it less of a wall of text than it is. If I need more spoilers let me know lol.

Edited by I-Am-X, 19 March 2014 - 12:30 AM.

#18 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

@ Misty: That looks good, and for spelling's sake, it's "Izanami". Otherwise, I think that may be ready for submission.

@ X: Keen Senses, Tail Manifestation and Shapeshifting and Fox-Fire can be bundled into one ability, which would be "Kitsune", unless you're actually listing them out, in which case, I suggest you start using dot points.

Anyways, it looks okay. I don't see any problems, so feel free to put in info.

Just note my character is a friend of many Kitsune, we may have met.

EDIT: Also you and loui have the same theme song.

I suggest possibly going to check Demon Blade Muramasa's OST for more material.

Edited by ~L~, 18 March 2014 - 08:00 PM.

#19 I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

@ X: Keen Senses, Tail Manifestation and Shapeshifting and Fox-Fire can be bundled into one ability, which would be "Kitsune", unless you're actually listing them out, in which case, I suggest you start using dot points.

Anyways, it looks okay. I don't see any problems, so feel free to put in info.

Just note my character is a friend of many Kitsune, we may have met.

EDIT: Also you and loui have the same theme song.

I suggest possibly going to check Demon Blade Muramasa's OST for more material.

Like the rate at which the muramasa blades turn its users mad, the effects/abilities of each blades differ right?

Alrighty will do.

Well, I'm not sure they would have. Though, it depends if Sho has ever stopped by the small shrine in Mihara. I also left it vague as to whether it was an inari shrine or not, as to possibly avoid Inari or to be able to hide in one place without wondering for long.

Bah, He also picked the dark touhou one?!

If only I posted an incomplete version much sooner once I picked it, but since he posted his finished product before mine, I'll go looking again.

#20 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

He stops by every shrine in the area. He prefers to stay there rather than inns.

Also to be fair, neither of you suit the theme best, but loui snatched it first.

EDIT: Well X, there's also this. https://www.youtube....h?v=CdyrJKRMMlc

Ah I also forgot, Muramasa blades come with a free Ability, anyone in possession of the blade gains that ability. It can be super strength, hell fire, ice, etc.

Edited by ~L~, 18 March 2014 - 09:38 PM.