Photo

[OOC] 刃先の伝説 Legend of the Blade's Edge

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
672 replies to this topic

#661 Ryu

Ryu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Actually, L, I've got a rather...unconventional idea regarding the character I want to play. A group of farmers starting an uprising, aka Civilian assets, Would that be possible?

#662 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

It can work.

When I said they are required to be tied into the conflict, it's a conflict for control over Yamato. So it doesn't have to be one of the three pre-made factions.

#663 Ryu

Ryu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Great. What is the life of peasants like in this particular instance of Japan? Any cruel lords that would motivate an uprising?

#664 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:23 AM

It's not so bad really. When the fighting really heats up though, there'll be some conscription going, but it's not so bad right now. There may be the odd one or two abusive lords though.

The easiest reason is to oppose the foreigners, and become a Joui faction. Honestly you need a proper reason behind it.

#665 Ryu

Ryu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

Well, historically I don't recall peasants and samurai getting along like chums. Hell, that was one of the reasons that ninjutsu sprang up, so I don't really see any gathering of peasants aligning with a faction of primarily samurai.

#666 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

Joui faction are made up of mostly samurai, but they generally just oppose the foreigner faction. If radical enough, some regular peasants would join, or rather, they usually pick up ronin and so on.

Furthermore, Joui is more of a category, rather than one unified group. Each little Joui faction has different aims or visions, or methods for fighting off the foreigners. As such, it is possible for Joui factions to come to blades if they oppose each other enough, so they're more like a collection of sub-factions.

If you want to make your own fully independent/4th faction, you're going to need to put motivation and ideals behind it, as well as ambition.

Edited by ~L~, 25 June 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#667 I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

I can do a reset on it.

Exception to half the people who joined, everyone was rather into it.

I should be sure to cull those who are lagging behind too much this time.

It's going to be a full reset, so those who were in it last time, can make a new character if they wish, though it means discarding their character.

The following rules must also be followed. These are new, and due to re-examination. I find a lot of players who were active, needed to be given more power.

• Slots for Joui faction leader, Shogun and Ambassador will be re-opened.
  • The RP won't start until the three factions have a leader,
  • It will be filled out by an NPC if requested by majority.
  • The three NPCs I made for each faction will remain the same.
  • You will be required to tie your character into the conflict this time. Whether they seek revenge, carry out their duties, or have ambition. This is to ensure people just don't teeter off due to being mostly ignored for not being relevant.
  • I will NPC players if I think they are slowing the RP down.
  • I am giving Faction Leaders the ability to NPC players that are in their own faction, but ONLY if they are reacting too slowly and not keeping up.
  • I am giving Player Faction Members the ability to control their NPC faction leader. If said faction leader is a Player as well, Player Faction Members may control them with my consultation.
  • To ensure that actions made via controlling other characters does not go against the player's plans, ALL FACTION LEADERS are to report to me their plans, so that in the event that I or their players are required to control them, they can control them accurately.

I'll start in 1-2 weeks.

Ugh, So all those posts made in the first one will account for nothing?

Just when I finally got a computer to use again....

I was hoping for at least a restart where it picks up where we last stopped or whatever happened in the first one will become past events in this reset but a full reset....If its a full reset wouldn't it be like just re-doing/re-posting our original posts? Pending of course we happen upon the same situation or people?

If we choose to play the same characters (which I will want to) can we just re-post our original CS's when you remake the thread? (If you remake it or just keep the original) Also, Will my Joui faction and the NPC I made to lead it still exist? Will it still run the same way in which you continue to control him? Just making sure to where I wont have to end up playing him lol.

I wont have to worry about the conflict bit since im a Joui and I have a history that basically breeeeds conflict lol.

Edited by I-Am-X, 01 August 2014 - 09:11 AM.

tumblr_mpdyjbR0KM1rxsujoo6_250.gif

#668 I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

This is just a thought L, what about, instead of rebooting here on OMF, you bring the RP over to Batoto? Considering the lack of activity here, maybe, just maybe, it might fair a better chance of getting more people to join on batoto?

#669 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

Perhaps.

I wanted to bring some people back to OMF, but the original OMF RPers don't really want to come back over it seems...

#670 Ryu

Ryu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:43 AM

Do my ears deceive me, or is there a more active RP forum in existence? 

As for bringing OM RPers back...Well, OM is running on goodwill and nostalgia, at the point. There's no real influx of new users.

#671 Misty

Misty

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

If you do recreate this over there, lemme know so I can create an account there and join.  :)  It'd be much appreciated.

tumblr_nppka9tuR81tgmuxgo1_r3_500.jpg

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.'

'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.'

'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.'

Go Ask Me Questions On Ma Question Time and Vote for the Next One!

#672 I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

Do my ears deceive me, or is there a more active RP forum in existence? 

As for bringing OM RPers back...Well, OM is running on goodwill and nostalgia, at the point. There's no real influx of new users.

Yeah, despite things being a little slow over at batoto's RP forum compared to how it usually is, it's still far more active than it is here.

#673 itano123

itano123

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:17 PM

the problem is they moved a few months ago and show no signs of even posting or anything on here.

i dont care if it stays or moves i'll join again

kizunasigsupah_zpsdce21450.png
credit goes to Raijuu for combining a fav char with a fav drink 

"all of itano's characters have at least one mental disorder. Even if it's not literally a mental disorder; itano takes it to extremes which practically functions as a mental disorder."

Wise words by wise women.... and a not so wise man

Spoiler