evilcheeser

Perpetually Eleven

• Moderators
  • 809 posts
  • Locationmom's laptop

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Frequently Asked Questions

About forum.onemanga.com (aka omf2.0)
  • What happened to 2.0? Where did it go?
As some of you may have noticed, the main site is down along with omf2.0. This is because the servers are down. Unfortunately, we can't fix this problem because we don't have the server admin (zabi) and have no way of getting ahold of him.
  • What's to stop omf3.0 from having this same problem? I saw a server error; does this mean we're going to have no omf again?
Greg is the server admin for 3.0. We may have some temporary problems, but it should all be fixable since we're sure we can get in contact with Greg :)
  • Will 2.0 be coming back?
We are operating under the assumption that the servers are no longer being paid for and 2.0 is down for good.
  • Can I get my (signature information, important posts, etc) back?

It's really too late to access this information now, as I can tell the cache has updated and there's no longer an easy way to datamine the old forum.

About onemangaforums.com (aka omf3.0)
  • It won't let me have a signature, is this feature broken?
Just as in 2.0, you will need 50 posts to be able to have a signature. (Remember that not all areas count) This is not an excuse to spam threads for post count. Just being an active member should easily get you 50 posts with time.
  • I want my custom title back! Will CTs be coming to 3.0? Will I get one if I had one before?
CTs are back. Talk to Greg if you had one on 2.0 and still don't have one now. More will be given out eventually.
  • I hate having 20 posts on a page, but I can't find where to change this, what do I do?
Sorry, but this is not possible to change on IPB.
  • What is the donation bar paying for?
The primary goal of including donations is to pay for server costs for the forum. There's a secondary goal of buying various add-ons (such as the chatroom or Social Groups).
  • How do I view archived threads?
Spoiler
  • What about changing my username?
We don't really want to encourage this, but if you really feel like it's important to you to change your username, you may make a post in the private forum about it. These will be done on a case-by-case basis and maximum of one time per user.
  • How can I help?
Just spread the word about us. Our memberbase really what keeps our community going.
  • azer_moli, ArSoNiSt JoE, prigmergybape and 3 others like this

I might regret asking this but what exactly is a My Little Pony doujin? :hmm:

#2 Strawhats

Strawhats

Chase the dream

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1617 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

What about double posting? Is there a feature that will merge any double posts like in the previous forum?

53815365.gif

#3 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3161 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Um, I'm not positive on that one, straw.  There should be a feature to fix that, but it's probably not been customized yet.  Although, don't quote me...

ilhd1c.jpg

#4 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11888 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

What's the word on other mods returning? Have you been turned down on them coming back, or have you just been unable to contact them all?

Um, I'm not positive on that one, straw.  There should be a feature to fix that, but it's probably not been customized yet.  Although, don't quote me...

I won't quote you don't worry.

• Brilchan likes this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#5 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I'm not sure I completely understand the bit about CT's. So under the current thinking, you'll be retaing some user's CT's and revoking others? I don't quite understand that bit.

#6 Strawhats

Strawhats

Chase the dream

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1617 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Ok cool. What about banner contests; will there be one for the Winter? I know there was one going on in the old one, but since it stopped working, will there be a new one hosted here? 

53815365.gif

#7 evilcheeser

evilcheeser

Perpetually Eleven

• Moderators
  • 809 posts
  • Locationmom's laptop

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

Ok cool. What about banner contests; will there be one for the Winter? I know there was one going on in the old one, but since it stopped working, will there be a new one hosted here? 

We absolutely want to have one for winter still, but that's another area we're still not quite sure what we are doing with, I'll try to figure that out in detail over the next day or two and get it added. Great question!

• Strawhats likes this

#8 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3161 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'm not sure I completely understand the bit about CT's. So under the current thinking, you'll be retaing some user's CT's and revoking others? I don't quite understand that bit.

Yes, that's what it says. :P

Yeah, that'll be happening with all of the same banners that people had submitted.  I'm not sure when it'll go up, but trust me, the OMF banner competition tradition will continue.

ilhd1c.jpg

#9 evilcheeser

evilcheeser

Perpetually Eleven

• Moderators
  • 809 posts
  • Locationmom's laptop

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Like I said, we're still really not sure what we're doing exactly, but my sense is, no one gets a ct day one, you have to earn them on merit, having a previous ct is one way to get merit. Maybe we'll try and get all the old ones out in the end though, I don't want to say it's certain.

#10 Strawhats

Strawhats

Chase the dream

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1617 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

We absolutely want to have one for winter still, but that's another area we're still not quite sure what we are doing with, I'll try to figure that out in detail over the next day or two and get it added. Great question!

Great

Yeah, that'll be happening with all of the same banners that people had submitted.  I'm not sure when it'll go up, but trust me, the OMF banner competition tradition will continue.

So only people who've entered in the previous forum can enter here? I think it would be better to have a new deadline, I think more people would be interested to enter.

53815365.gif

#11 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Like I said, we're still really not sure what we're doing exactly, but my sense is, no one gets a ct day one, you have to earn them on merit, having a previous ct is one way to get merit. Maybe we'll try and get all the old ones out in the end though, I don't want to say it's certain.

Thanks for clearing that up. I initially took it like you guys were going to pick and choose which people would get theirs back day 1, while the rest had to re-earn it.

"we'll consider that when deciding who to give them to this time around" That phrase kind of threw me off.

Sorry.

#12 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3161 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Great

So only people who've entered in the previous forum can enter here? I think it would be better to have a new deadline, I think more people would be interested to enter.

Well, when everything's decided, I'm sure we'll come back to all of you with an announcement about the Winter Banner Competition.  I don't know whether or not we'll open things back up to people to submit more/new banners, so I don't have anything to say there.

• Strawhats likes this

ilhd1c.jpg

#13 Strawhats

Strawhats

Chase the dream

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1617 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Will you be assigning mods to different sections or will it remain "All Forum" for all the mods? I know you guys don't this place to be an exact clone of the last, so I was just curious.

53815365.gif

#14 evilcheeser

evilcheeser

Perpetually Eleven

• Moderators
  • 809 posts
  • Locationmom's laptop

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Will you be assigning mods to different sections or will it remain "All Forum" for all the mods? I know you guys don't this place to be an exact clone of the last, so I was just curious.

It won't just be everything for every mod (that gets too hectic) but as for how we divide it up, we're really not sure. We'll be somewhat settling into our old roles but don't be surprised if some things change in regards to that.

Just as an example, we now have Shin back as a mod (yay!), so what's he doing exactly? We'll work something out eventually.

Thanks for clearing that up. I initially took it like you guys were going to pick and choose which people would get theirs back day 1, while the rest had to re-earn it.

"we'll consider that when deciding who to give them to this time around" That phrase kind of threw me off.

Sorry.

Sorry my wording was unclear; I'll see if I can think of a better phrasing for it ^^;

• Strawhats likes this

#15 Sanagami

Sanagami

Rightful SOT Creator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Just to make sure this is the ONLY ASK SERIOUS QUESTIONS to mods? Or does the Fun Questions count too?

Also, I want to quote things from closed threads. Is there a possible way to do this? D:

tumblr_opz8jglokR1rofk73o1_400.png

Sana you're horrible, never change.

#16 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Is there going to be a change in rules, or is the structure largely staying the same?

#17 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3161 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

To expand on what EC's saying, for example, Shin oversaw the Otaku Chat/Anime area before I did, so we could divide things up differently now.

ilhd1c.jpg

#18 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3161 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Just to make sure this is the ONLY ASK SERIOUS QUESTIONS to mods? Or does the Fun Questions count too?

Also, I want to quote things from closed threads. Is there a possible way to do this? D:

Yes, this would be the Serious Question thread.

We'll probably make a Fun Question thread at some future date.

As to the quoting from closed threads, I'm not sure.  Even on the last version of OMF, you usually had to copy the User ID# and Post ID# over to make it work to quote that way.

ilhd1c.jpg

#19 Strawhats

Strawhats

Chase the dream

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1617 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Yes, this would be the Serious Question thread.

We'll probably make a Fun Question thread at some future date.

As to the quoting from closed threads, I'm not sure.  Even on the last version of OMF, you usually had to copy the User ID# and Post ID# over to make it work to quote that way.

So we cant ask questions like "Will Frosty be eating Cheeser?" D:

So there really is a possibility of no SGs? How would we continue threads that were shut down by mods and were allowed to carry on to SGs? We had a huge success with "The Best of the Big 3 SG", people mostly behaved and it was pretty popular, it would suck if couldn't continue that.

53815365.gif

#20 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1225 posts
  • LocationOut on the Sea of Madness...

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Well, when everything's decided, I'm sure we'll come back to all of you with an announcement about the Winter Banner Competition.  I don't know whether or not we'll open things back up to people to submit more/new banners, so I don't have anything to say there.

Well, considering OMF2.0 went down before the submission period had ended, and I don't save the entries down to my computer until submissions are complete, that means I have none of the previous entries saved anywhere.  So yes, I plan to have the contest again with a new submissions period. 

Waiting for the Angels of Avalon.

Coeur de Feu - a storage site for my art, writings, and ramblings.
Coeur de Feu on Etsy - Yes, a place to sell my art.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users