1545 replies to this topic

#21 evilcheeser

evilcheeser

The Majesty of Emo

• Moderators
  • 803 posts
  • LocationOblivion

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Well, considering OMF2.0 went down before the submission period had ended, and I don't save the entries down to my computer until submissions are complete, that means I have none of the previous entries saved anywhere.  So yes, I plan to have the contest again with a new submissions period. 

Oh good, you're on :P

I'll add this info to the fp then  :)

• colebin60 likes this

I stole some pins from the notice board, pressed them into my hand, and they spelled "why" -

Why did they spell "why"? Because there weren't enough pins for "oblivion".

#22 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,161 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

So we cant ask questions like "Will Frosty be eating Cheeser?" D:

So there really is a possibility of no SGs? How would we continue threads that were shut down by mods and were allowed to carry on to SGs? We had a huge success with "The Best of the Big 3 SG", people mostly behaved and it was pretty popular, it would suck if couldn't continue that.

No, not here, but somewhere else. :D

Again, we'll revisit this in the future as the OP says.

Well, considering OMF2.0 went down before the submission period had ended, and I don't save the entries down to my computer until submissions are complete, that means I have none of the previous entries saved anywhere.  So yes, I plan to have the contest again with a new submissions period. 

Okay then.  Um, I would think that everyone who submitted a banner previously would have a copy of theirs saved and that they'll return and want to participate again, so that would get us quite a few back.

ilhd1c.jpg

#23 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

I would think that the banners would have to be changed anyways to fit with the new forum, no? No offense to the people who made the current one, but it doesn't exactly work.

#24 d1r31

d1r31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Location@LINE Webtoon reading Noblesse

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

There seems to be a delay between joining & showing up in the members list. How long before it all gets updated? There are some members I want to send friend requests to, but they don't show up yet... Although I see their name as member reading posts in forum.
IMG_2493.jpg
I like this webtoon by Elizabeth Sperry: http://m.webtoons.co...?title_no=36623

#25 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,763 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

There seems to be a delay between joining & showing up in the members list. How long before it all gets updated? There are some members I want to send friend requests to, but they don't show up yet... Although I see their name as member reading posts in forum.

There's two possibilities on this one: the first is that they're not validated yet, the second is that it's a scheduled task (maybe) and probably updates every hour.

#26 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

How soon til we get the battles area up and running again? Thats one of the major reasons i liked the old OMF and it seems like most things besides that are at least started so i wanted to know what the plans for new/old battles, tournies and other stuff was.

also id be willing to help re-set stuff up if thats what it takes.

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#27 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,763 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Battle areas are another thing that's very much for later. They have a unique combination of high overhead, low priority, and lots of maintenance required that I can't guarantee it's going to be up within the very immediate future. Battles very well may end up being something that's 2 or 3 weeks down the line.

#28 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

Battle areas are another thing that's very much for later. They have a unique combination of high overhead, low priority, and lots of maintenance required that I can't guarantee it's going to be up within the very immediate future. Battles very well may end up being something that's 2 or 3 weeks down the line.

alright, they do require much more effort then anything else on the site so i figured they would be last just didnt know how long, thanks.

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

#29 Strawhats

Strawhats

Chase the dream

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

What's with the database errors? Second time I've received them, I think.

Also I see the double posting is fixed, nice :D

53815365.gif

#30 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

Heads up for something I really liked in the old forum - Editing a post within the next 1-2 minutes after posting and no "This post has been edited" under it. Possible? :)

6474505L.gif

#31 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

Heads up for something I really liked in the old forum - Editing a post within the next 1-2 minutes after posting and no "This post has been edited" under it. Possible? :)

i so want this

i pretty much edit half my posts cuze i think of something right away after or i forget to fix a spelling error

see i just did it again x.x

Edited by Relinquisher, 16 December 2012 - 03:20 AM.

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

#32 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,763 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

That's fine. There's nothing wrong with having the edited message...

#33 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

That's fine. There's nothing wrong with having the edited message...

Why did we have it before then?

And it gives a feeling of history being edited, who knows what I might have written before, now that I've editted it. Which isn't true, as I've just posted the comment and most likely just thought of something else. Not to mention it's kinda ugly.

• TheFireSage likes this

6474505L.gif

#34 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,763 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

We got rid of quick edit on the old forums...

#35 sena-kun21

sena-kun21

~ Valar Morghulis ~

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Location...following Luffy.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Not only that, Greg, it'll give me, Frosty and EC some time to rehash and refine the OMCB rules.  Hopefully, we can streamline it and make it more efficient.

#36 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

We got rid of quick edit on the old forums...

I remember editting posts the last few days and nothing appeared after editing them. :)

But ah well, seems you really want it that way, lolz.

6474505L.gif

#37 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,243 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Will there be more themes? (It would be cool to have a classic one that looks like OMF 2.0)

Do we still need to make new threads when a topic reaches a certain number of posts/pages? if so what is the number of posts/pages.

#38 casscat

casscat

♥ Capt'n Of The Lonely Hearts Club

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBehind you~

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

I have a question that I dont think has been asked! I see notifications that say "so and so" has added you as a friend, but there is no option to accept or deny them?? Its just automatically making anyone who adds me a friend...? Thats kind of a question and a statement because I really dont understand the new system :< but thats what it seems like its doing..

Also friends that had added me yesterday are not my friends today.. I had to go and find them and add them.

now-1.jpg

Spoiler ♥cute manga love quotes

#39 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,243 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

I have a question that I dont think has been asked! I see notifications that say "so and so" has added you as a friend, but there is no option to accept or deny them?? Its just automatically making anyone who adds me a friend...? Thats kind of a question and a statement because I really dont understand the new system :< but thats what it seems like its doing..

Also friends that had added me yesterday are not my friends today.. I had to go and find them and add them.

Click your name on the top of the page and select My Settings and there is an option under friends that says: Allow me to approve members before they're added as a friend

Edited by ANewLight, 16 December 2012 - 10:34 AM.

• casscat likes this

#40 casscat

casscat

♥ Capt'n Of The Lonely Hearts Club

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBehind you~

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

Thank you!!

now-1.jpg

Spoiler ♥cute manga love quotes