Photo

[Anime] Official Japanese Language Episodes (Part 3)

• Please log in to reply
559 replies to this topic

#1 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,237 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

kakashi_anbu_2_by_testdrive.jpg

Last 5 Posts:

true to be told -> in war time the village itself funded his experiment (including one like yammato experiment)

11 year old Itachi is more hardcore than adult Gai.

Sounds about right.

Caught up on the latest episodes.

Gotta say this has been pretty good so far, and I just love the confrontations between Hiruzen and Danzo, especially how calm they are despite the situations going down, where as if this were any other character we'd get some confrontation of words an raging hormones lol.

An that scene with Itachi and Kakashi was just really deep, it's elements like those that the manga tends to lack when portraying it's more seriousness in events or groups, if not why Naruto could have been probably a little more mature in like Seinen territory maybe. Course then again stuff like that might require a more skilled writer in terms of plot just so everything is better constructed an so on.

I found the new OP and ED underwhelming. I think ED28 "Niji" is the best ED thus far for me.

I guess that why you didn't like it
(since we only have crying Hinata = dead Neji

#2 TheoryNoJutsu

TheoryNoJutsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

Honestly, seeing Gai teamed up with the Eternal Genin last week made the filler version of the village so much more lively.

And Danzo, Hiruzen and Itachi seeing through Gai so clearly... it's as if they had read last chapter and were telling him "don't ever try to change anything about yourself, you're will of fire incarnate".

Edited by TheoryNoJutsu, 10 April 2014 - 06:33 AM.

#3 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,056 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

That was a great episode that cleared up some questions I had about Shisui. But it also raised the question, if Kakashi was part of ANBU, why was he in such disbelief when he heard the truth about Itachi?

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#4 greeeed

greeeed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

That was a great episode that cleared up some questions I had about Shisui. But it also raised the question, if Kakashi was part of ANBU, why was he in such disbelief when he heard the truth about Itachi?

we already know he is part of anbu before we know about Itachi

+

normally they just kill enemy and traitors in secret or gather secret info

not asking someone to kill their whole family/clan and run away while acting like villain,

oh you are not fired yet -> so go and work as spy in Akatsuki

(the only normal part = working as spy in Akatsuki)

#5 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,056 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

we already know he is part of anbu before we know about Itachi

+

normally they just kill enemy and traitors in secret or gather secret info

not asking someone to kill their whole family/clan and run away while acting like villain,

oh you are not fired yet -> so go and work as spy in Akatsuki

(the only normal part = working as spy in Akatsuki)

It should not have been that unbelievable. Yes, we already knew Kakashi was ANBU, but I meant if he was ANBU and therefore involved in spying on Uchiha.

Edited by OP Eyes FTW, 10 April 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#6 greeeed

greeeed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

It should not have been that unbelievable. Yes, we already knew Kakashi was ANBU, but I meant if he was ANBU and therefore involved in spying on Uchiha.

spy on them not same as knowing what in their head -> what he saw or know about probably were Itachi slaughtering everyone

but reason was unknown beside rumors of testing his MS

and about MS -> do we know yet how sasuke gain his MS?

I guess same way as kakash( he have it but didn't know about it or can't used it for some reason)

Edited by greeeed, 10 April 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#7 4th hokage

4th hokage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationBelly of the beast.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

@greeeed It was the emotional lose of his brother.

77f48f00-79b7-404a-870a-509c1f4274c2_zps

#8 TheoryNoJutsu

TheoryNoJutsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

Kakashi's two major contacts with the Uchiha clan are Obito and Itachi. Obito gave him his life, his sharingan and his mantra (will never give up on saving his friends). He tried to pass that to Itachi and Itachi ended up doing the opposite and killed his entire family and his entire clan. Between Itachi being a complete monster and a major conspiracy theory involving the third, Kakashi took the simplest explanation. Man these truly were messed up times.

#9 greeeed

greeeed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

@greeeed It was the emotional lose of his brother.

he have MS before he killed his brother -> after his fight with him he obtained EMS

#10 Arashi Uzukaze (EDS)

Arashi Uzukaze (EDS)

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

Danzo....he did everything for the benefit of the Leaf. He was blind as that every action he did resulted in more trouble for Konoha. Sasuke is a hero for taking Danzo out.

• OP Eyes FTW and 55587crosby like this

#11 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,056 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

Itachi is so cool...I miss him....

#12 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,888 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

Wow Danzo was/is such a a-hole, but then again we already figured that he wanted a Coup or a reason to exterminate the Uchiha and thus ruined any chance at making peace between the village and the Clan. Pretty good episode either way, despite some questions still lingering .. well from the non canon perspective of course, actual canon being more shrouded in veils of mysteries and questions to go unanswered. 

#13 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,056 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

I hope we finally get to see Obito's involvement with the massacre 

#14 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,888 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

I hope we finally get to see Obito's involvement with the massacre 

That would be nice, as well how Itachi found and met up with Obito.

As well the meeting between Obito and Danzo, since Obito did say that he hasn't seen him since the massacre back when Obito teleported right in front of Danzo and his two goons (if I recall right). 

• OP Eyes FTW and 55587crosby like this

#15 4th hokage

4th hokage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:15 AM

he have MS before he killed his brother -> after his fight with him he obtained EMS

No he didn't

#16 greeeed

greeeed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

No he didn't

yeah, my bad (old memory )

Edited by greeeed, 12 April 2014 - 06:07 AM.

#17 UzumakiNaruto16

UzumakiNaruto16

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:57 AM

yeah, bad bad (old memory )

Sasuke gained MS after the battle he had with Itachi. Then he gained his EMS after the Kage summit when he ordered Obito to transplant Itachi's eyes into him.

#18 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

I'm three episodes into this ANBU Kakashi arc (I know, I'm so behind and late on this) and it's been interesting, but I have some issues.

First, why does younger Hiruzen's hair look so ******. They got it perfect during the little Jiraiya the Gallant flashback, filler arc. No excuses.

Next, I'm a bit bothered that Kakashi's entrance in the ANBU is just portrayed as simply favoritism by Minato rather than a recognition of skill. Also, the lame Chidori spamming doesn't help. Why did that tree explode when he used it against that Iwagakure imposter, like what the ****?

Third on the list, I have a hard time believing that Kakashi would ever give the time of day to Danzo to this extent. I know they want to make Kakashi's moral judgement more.....all over the place with Rin/Obito's deaths and then the Kyuubi incident along with Kakashi's general pseudo-depression, but I can't see that **** happening. Being from Hiruzen's line of ideology, he would likely dismiss Danzo's little games. Hiruzen planned the Kyuubi incident, come on, no one would buy in that bullshit. J-man would have taught Minato to steer clear of Danzo and Minato would carry that down to his students. I'm not expecting Kakashi to be a yes man to every opinion that descends down Hiruzen's legacy, but let's be real. He may be conflicted, but playing Danzo's mind games seems a bit off even for a young Kakashi. But, I can deal with it.

Now, I just got to part where Danzo orders his large team of ANBU to assassinate Hiruzen. Danzo is a lot of things, but he is neither stupid or messy. Only idiot would think half a dozen ANBU have any chance against Hiruzen Sarutobi -- doesn't matter if it's Root or not. Also, Danzo has never tried to go for Hiruzen's head or even hint at it in the manga. This is just not the Danzo I know and enjoyed as a character, this one is a bit less tactful. Though I find it hilarious how he literally gets cockblocked by Hiruzen during important meetings.

These issues were just glaring for me.

Also, on a less important note, since when did it snow in Konoha? I don't know, must have missed the memo.

The filler's not bad or anything though. And we even got some Minato x Kushina moments, so there's a plus.

Then again, I should be happy the anime team is trying and actually making use of this manga's lore to make something decent for fillers. God knows the actual story is atrocious.

That's all from me for now, need to finish the whole thing. This is the first time I've watched more than one recent episode of Naruto in a long time. The feeling is almost nostalgic.

EDIT: And one thing that annoyed me was Danzo calling Hiruzen weak and indecisive. Konoha was most powerful and prosperous under his tenure. Sure, he ****** up with Orochimaru and somewhat the Uchiha business, but come on. He's acting like Hiruzen was Jimmy Carter! :lmao:

Edited by Peleihno, 13 April 2014 - 10:01 PM.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#19 4th hokage

4th hokage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

strange how they had shisui's sharingan active at all times

wow when Danzo snatched his sharingan that was so brutal

#20 alekos23

alekos23

No Sardine

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

hey Pele,did ya see Danzo all supervillain like on the Hokage seat afterwards?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users