Photo

[Anime] Official Japanese Language Episodes (Part 3)

• Please log in to reply
569 replies to this topic

#21 ninpokaton

ninpokaton

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3048 posts
  • LocationDublin/RoIreland

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

I'm three episodes into this ANBU Kakashi arc (I know, I'm so behind and late on this) and it's been interesting, but I have some issues.

First, why does younger Hiruzen's hair look so ******. They got it perfect during the little Jiraiya the Gallant flashback, filler arc. No excuses.

Next, I'm a bit bothered that Kakashi's entrance in the ANBU is just portrayed as simply favoritism by Minato rather than a recognition of skill. Also, the lame Chidori spamming doesn't help. Why did that tree explode when he used it against that Iwagakure imposter, like what the ****?

Third on the list, I have a hard time believing that Kakashi would ever give the time of day to Danzo to this extent. I know they want to make Kakashi's moral judgement more.....all over the place with Rin/Obito's deaths and then the Kyuubi incident along with Kakashi's general pseudo-depression, but I can't see that **** happening. Being from Hiruzen's line of ideology, he would likely dismiss Danzo's little games. Hiruzen planned the Kyuubi incident, come on, no one would buy in that bullshit. J-man would have taught Minato to steer clear of Danzo and Minato would carry that down to his students. I'm not expecting Kakashi to be a yes man to every opinion that descends down Hiruzen's legacy, but let's be real. He may be conflicted, but playing Danzo's mind games seems a bit off even for a young Kakashi. But, I can deal with it.

Now, I just got to part where Danzo orders his large team of ANBU to assassinate Hiruzen. Danzo is a lot of things, but he is neither stupid or messy. Only idiot would think half a dozen ANBU have any chance against Hiruzen Sarutobi -- doesn't matter if it's Root or not. Also, Danzo has never tried to go for Hiruzen's head or even hint at it in the manga. This is just not the Danzo I know and enjoyed as a character, this one is a bit less tactful. Though I find it hilarious how he literally gets cockblocked by Hiruzen during important meetings.

These issues were just glaring for me.

Also, on a less important note, since when did it snow in Konoha? I don't know, must have missed the memo.

The filler's not bad or anything though. And we even got some Minato x Kushina moments, so there's a plus.

Then again, I should be happy the anime team is trying and actually making use of this manga's lore to make something decent for fillers. God knows the actual story is atrocious.

That's all from me for now, need to finish the whole thing. This is the first time I've watched more than one recent episode of Naruto in a long time. The feeling is almost nostalgic.

EDIT: And one thing that annoyed me was Danzo calling Hiruzen weak and indecisive. Konoha was most powerful and prosperous under his tenure. Sure, he ****** up with Orochimaru and somewhat the Uchiha business, but come on. He's acting like Hiruzen was Jimmy Carter! :lmao:

Hiruzen actually confirmed after Sasuke revived him that anything that was remotely a 'dark decision', he left to Danzo. It was his failing as the hokage...

About Danzo...I dunno, he's pretty ****ed up. He was actually pretty much a villain. Sasuke doesn't realize it yet but he's following in Danzos footsteps. Danzo was willing to do almost anything for the 'sake of the village'. Being that he needed to oiptain power and gain control of the shinobi world 'by force'. He was silly enough to use genjutsu in front of the 4 kages of the other villages in a bid for power. Relaly, if you look at the backstory of Danzou via the manga, it kinda makes sense that he was this way in the past. Kishi never really came out and showed us how bad Danzo was, he just told us tibits of things Danzo was involved in. I mean the Orochimaru child experiments were pretty bad. Danzo is the one who benefited from Oro's research too

Edited by ninpokaton, 14 April 2014 - 09:31 AM.

• Sev likes this

#22 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

Hiruzen actually confirmed after Sasuke revived him that anything that was remotely a 'dark decision', he left to Danzo. It was his failing as the hokage...

About Danzo...I dunno, he's pretty ****ed up. He was actually pretty much a villain. Sasuke doesn't realize it yet but he's following in Danzos footsteps. Danzo was willing to do almost anything for the 'sake of the village'. Being that he needed to oiptain power and gain control of the shinobi world 'by force'. He was silly enough to use genjutsu in front of the 4 kages of the other villages in a bid for power. Relaly, if you look at the backstory of Danzou via the manga, it kinda makes sense that he was this way in the past. Kishi never really came out and showed us how bad Danzo was, he just told us tibits of things Danzo was involved in. I mean the Orochimaru child experiments were pretty bad. Danzo is the one who benefited from Oro's research too

What was his failing, the Uchiha thing? I already acknowledged that.

Danzo is a complicated guy, a zealot, really. 

Also, Orochimaru's infant experiments was one of the worst atrocities in manga. Pretty bad is an understatement.

Edited by Peleihno, 14 April 2014 - 10:33 AM.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#23 55587crosby

55587crosby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

Shisui is such a boss. Awesome character design too especially the hair.

#24 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:30 AM

Sasuke doesn't realize it yet but he's following in Danzos footsteps.

Huh, I'd never thought of it like that, but you're exactly right. His current attitude (which is pretty much **** everything that disrespects Itachi's wish to keep Konoha going strong and planning to lead it himself) is truly leading him into Danzo territory. But I guess he'll get pulled back from that path before the end by Naruto.

• ninpokaton and 55587crosby like this

#25 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4058 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

I can understand why you'd think that, but do you think Sasuke is that stupid? 'Dirty work' is what destroyed his clan and drove Itachi to his death. I think Sasuke wants to create a village where no one has to live like Itachi had to. He hasn't really done anything since he declared he wants to be hokage to suggest he's going to be just like Danzo, that's really an assumption based on his personality. I think it's a hasty assumption to say Sasuke will end up just like Danzo, simply because of what his goal is for the village. He basically wants a village with no 'darkness' so to speak.

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#26 ninpokaton

ninpokaton

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3048 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

I can understand why you'd think that, but do you think Sasuke is that stupid? 'Dirty work' is what destroyed his clan and drove Itachi to his death. I think Sasuke wants to create a village where no one has to live like Itachi had to. He hasn't really done anything since he declared he wants to be hokage to suggest he's going to be just like Danzo, that's really an assumption based on his personality. I think it's a hasty assumption to say Sasuke will end up just like Danzo, simply because of what his goal is for the village. He basically wants a village with no 'darkness' so to speak.

Of course @ Bold

Danzo was power over democracy, force over love etc. That's completely an utterly Sasuke. In fact it was the main attribute associated with the difference between Indra and Ashura's ideology. The only difference between Sasuke and Danzo is that Sasuke doesn't need to take other clans powers to achieve this 'forced peace'. The sage already gave him that level of power.

Sasuke wants to show everyone 'what a real kage is'. He's been shown during this whole battle that he's still ****ed up and heading down the wrong path, trying to kill the Bijuu instead of freeing them(Narutos choice) was an example of that.

Sasuke wants a village with no darkness. However, his method itself is what will create said darkness. Do anything for the sake of peace.

Madara, Danzo, Nagato, Sasuke. They're all the same. They just have different methods of achieving the same goal. Which is to 'force' peace via domination. The difference being Madara doesn't give a crap about Kohona and the world. Whereas Sasuke does because of Itachi. Danzo wanted to use the Kyuubi and Shisui's eye to control everything, too bad the guy didn't get that the Kyuubi isn't that strong that he just isn't strong enough. All of these guys have the same thing in common, they see themselves as the savior but are killing alot of people to achieve it. But hey, Kaguya forced peace on the world, the Sage considered that a bad thing.

Difference between forced peace and 'love' peace is love peace would last while forced peace would only last as long as the dominate person is alive.

• Sev likes this

#27 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4058 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

What has Sasuke done since he said he wants to be hokage to suggest he's going to "force" love and peace?

#28 ninpokaton

ninpokaton

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3048 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

Juugo -> "Sasuke what are you up to now"(Juugo realizing Sasuke wasn't as pure as he seemed)

Juugo to Sakura - > "She realizes it too" (As Sakura tears up as she realizes Sasuke is not as pure as he now seems)

Minato to Kakashi -> "That job is left up to you Kakashi" (Then Minato looks back at Naruto and Sasuke as if its Naruto's job to 'fix' Sasuke, Naruto notices Minatos gaze, this was when Kakashi was sitting on top of Obito and Kakashi had the chats with him)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sasuke wants to do something himself, he also

Spoiler

Doesn't give a ****, he will become 'leader' regardless of what anyone wants. He will delete the past regardless of what anyone wants. This is forced peace. It's simple enough. I did think that Sasuke had some sort of epiphany here

Spoiler
, observing Narutos pain and realizing that even though Naruto is that much stronger than him, he still got pwned. Just before this, he was getting extremely jelly of Naruto's strength. Right after this moment, he talks Naruto out of despair and seems to simply accept that Naruto is just powerful and they should work together. However when Madara stabbed him he said the same old stuff, he has to show the world what a real leader is, being that yes ... he will be 'leader' and no one can say otherwise.

• Sev likes this

#29 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4058 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

Like I said I understand where you're coming from but I still think it's a hasty assumption, based on half statements like "Sasuke what are you..."

Don't be surprised if you get Kishi'd and find out what you thought Sakura and Juugo meant was actually something completely different.

Remember when Naruto was thinking "Sasuke, inside him was..." I'm sure we were all thinking "hatred." Turns out Naruto was taking about the Sage's son. Don't get Kishi'd by vague statements. Sasuke taking about cutting away the past could mean a lot of things, not necessarily that Sasuke wants to kill Naruto as many people thought.

I don't believe we can make the assumption that Sasuke will be just like Danzo, even despite of what you've posted, precisely because Sasuke's goal is to make the village the opposite of what Danzo wanted. His goal is a village where no one has to live in darkness like Itachi had to.

#30 ninpokaton

ninpokaton

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3048 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

That was Danzos goal too though, thats all the major players goals. Thats what they mean when they say 'peace'. And for sure Sasuke wasn't going about it through the Senju method, otherwise the rest makes no sense. The 'end game' for Madara, Obito, Ashura, Indra, Naruto, Jman, Minato, Sasuke etc was that when they were done and dusted, the world would be 'fixed' and no one would be killing anyone or having wars. We don't know why the Uchiha have went against the Senju all this time, but we know that Madara believes peace through love is not possible and we know Sasuke wants to fix kohona(as opposed to Madara not caring about it/remaking the world is fine) because Itachi wanted that.

Again the difference between Sasuke and Danzo, is Sasuke doesn't need to gain power to do it. Danzo could not do it without all those power upgrades, he was simply too weak. Really I mean how else is Sasuke gonna 'clear the darkness'? If he's not doing it the Senju way, he's only got 'force' left, which is exactly what Danzo wanted to do too, endgame is all the same for the villains, methods are different but all methods are clouded in 'darkness'. I do think this whole 'connect' everyone and make them some type of human singularity is a strange option(Sages option), but its better than Inf Tskuyomi.

• Sev likes this

#31 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

@OP Eyes FTW - To put it simply, Sasuke doesn't care about anything except Konoha anymore because of Itachi and will do anything to honour that, no matter what darkness he might have to indulge into.

This is obvious from not caring about whether people want him as Hokage - he'll take the position regardless, and wanting to kill the bijuu regardless of the fact they themselves are not what's wrong with the world - he just sees their power as a threat to the safety of the village and sees the simplest way of ending that as destroying them. In the end, Itachi wanted to undo the damage he'd done to Sasuke over his lifetime, but he ended up pretty much doing the same as what the Kotoamatsukami would have done - an absolute rule to protect Konoha.

Sasuke took one step in the right direction with questioning who and what he really was after the Kabuto fight, and also with hearing the Hokages out, but he's still a very broken person. He still hasn't found who he truly is, he's like Kabuto in that area. He lets the influence of another lead his life entirely (it's always been that way for Sasuke, Itachi has been part of his every action since he was a child even before the massacre), which is also like Kabuto somewhat. Whether talking to the Sage helped him at all, I guess we don't know yet. I'm sure we'll find out once Madara's out of the way.

• ninpokaton and 55587crosby like this

#32 greeeed

greeeed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

poor kakashi....

from doing dark mission like assassination and killing traitors to teaching kids.... :heh:

no wonder he give them 0 mark

• 55587crosby likes this

#33 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4058 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

Sev, all I was really trying to say was that Sasuke's words and actions after declaring he's become hokage are just vague enough to mislead you into assuming one thing, while all along they were supposed to mean something else.

#34 ninpokaton

ninpokaton

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3048 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

Hmm, i'll take a guess that the Anime team will spin it that Kakashi is gonna be 'fixed' when he gets Naruto and Sasuke, due to Naruto being Minatos kid and Sasuke being Itachis bro. It was always weird how Kakashi let them pass in the end imo.

• BankaiFTW and 55587crosby like this

#35 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4058 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

I think Kakashi was right to flunk all those teams, rather than have them get themselves killed.

Obviously when he has Naruto and Sasuke, the two greatest shinobi in his lifetime, their gonna pass. Kakashi was the first one to see their greatness.
  • BankaiFTW and 55587crosby like this

#36 ninpokaton

ninpokaton

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3048 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

Yeah I suppose, one guy nearly gets the bell, can use fire element and C ranks already and the other uses multiple shadow clones.

#37 BankaiFTW

BankaiFTW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1282 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

Ever since Itachi came in, it's all been very good IMO. Man is just too awesome.

"Nobody kills kakarot while I'm around, destiny has reserved that pleasure for me" - Vegeta

#38 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4058 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

13 year old Itachi was skilled enough to track down Tobi, bold enough to threaten Danzo to his face, and loyal enough spy on Akatsuki from within :aww:

#39 55587crosby

55587crosby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

Another solid episode

#40 Mubyoshi

Mubyoshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

Haha, cool, can't waif for the next episode. Finally get to see Kakashi fail a few kids.

• 55587crosby likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users