#941 ggctuk

ggctuk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

The operation to rescue Negi begins!

http://mangafox.me/m...v13/c132/1.html

Edited by ggctuk, 09 January 2017 - 01:29 PM.

#942 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:27 PM

The problem with monthly series-- it takes three times as long to move the story along. Lol.

fallout3_dogmeat_zpsjyrxypvn.jpg?t=14248

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

#943 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

I wouldn't say that. Honestly, I think the plot has moved forward a lot more in these past three chapters than everything that has happened since the tournament even begun (that was 70 chapters ago, by the way).

Well, ok. If you cut the training arc with kitty and fat grandma, then it's 40 chapters. ...and if you -must- have the Love Hina arc, at least for the sake of that one chapter that made everything better, then it's 20 chapters. So that's... what, 5 months worth of shenanigans? And now, in the span of 3 chapters, we've not only finally left recap land, but also revealed Fate's secret master plan and confronted the antagonists of this series directly for the first time.

Sorry, I just-- I wanna be optimistic. 2017 is the year of opportunities, and by god I wanna see those first few arcs animated. Now give'm here. And be quick about it.

• Asch likes this

samisig.jpg

#944 Delritho

Delritho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:36 AM

Chapter 133 is up.

http://mangapark.me/...tsu-ken/s5/c133

#945 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:37 AM

This actually took so long that I bought the free premium trial at Crunchyroll just so I could read it earlier. It took me a while to cancel it again, but I'm seriously considering paying 5 bucks a month just to avoid the hassle.

Great chapter, though. The second she confessed, all sorts of Death Flags triggered in my head, and I honestly thought they might really kill her off. I had forgotten the last time this series had any kind of sense of urgency. 

Edited by Athos, 15 February 2017 - 11:38 AM.

samisig.jpg

#946 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:17 PM

How many fights has Rakan had where he hasn't lost an arm anyways

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#947 ggctuk

ggctuk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

New chapter: http://mangafox.me/m...v14/c134/1.html

#948 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

You know, these past couple chapters did the exact same thing as with Kuromaru, in that they brought up a relationship, teased it, and then just put it on hold once more, never to be spoken of again.

So why does it feel like a victory to me? Am I reading too much into this?

Maybe it's just the sadist in me that likes having Kirie being put on the spot again and again? I dunno, I  think I'm having entirely too much fun watching her squirm in embarrassment. Anyways, I'm looking forward to everyone wearing clothes again.

Edited by Athos, 11 March 2017 - 12:27 AM.

samisig.jpg

#949 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

So why does it feel like a victory to me? Am I reading too much into this?

I kinda know what you mean it feels a little different with the "reciprocation" given and the fact it wasn't ignored by the MC at least so he knows it's a a thing.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to everyone wearing clothes again.

Things I didn't expect to hear #4592

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#950 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:29 PM

This goes back all the way to Negima, but there is no point if everybody is naked. It feels cheap, and it pretty much gets rid of everyone's sense of shame. I also tend to relate the air of modesty in the artwork with the early parts of the series, before it turned into Love Hina. It only got marginally better now that it became Negima Part 2, but I still miss the first few arcs.

Edited by Athos, 14 March 2017 - 08:40 AM.

samisig.jpg

#951 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:02 PM

Oh no I get it and actually agree haha it's just an amusing sentence without the context.

iyzTKCh.jpg

#952 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10618 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

Anime confirmed for Fall 2017 and by JC Staff (The mangaka is very much involved too)

Edited by Tokoya, 17 March 2017 - 10:29 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#953 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

...hm.

You know, even though I loved this chapter (for obvious reasons), this is kind of freaking me out in that this kind of sets things up for a death flag, an abduction, or something to that effect. Which wouldn't be weird considering how broken her power has always been, and how Akamatsu would want to get rid of it to make things easier to write.

There's also the talk of "saving the world is too abstract for a goal", and how "simple, selfish reasons are more realistic", which points out to Touta wanting to climb the tower because of something simpler like, for instance, saving someone he likes. And then there's Cutlass sneaking about.

Of course, this is all theorycrafting. Hopefully nothing happens and we get more of these chapters. And nothing more.

samisig.jpg

#954 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:52 AM

Links are nice

http://mangaseeonlin...hapter-135.html

#955 ggctuk

ggctuk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:17 AM

Do I spy a fourth wall break at the start of the chapter? :D

#956 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:47 AM

I'm feeling whiplash from that mood change. It's a bit funny that it took until the end of the 5 pages for me to notice that yes it was probably a dream, I don't know why I managed to ask myself what the hell KA was thinking without considering that option.

I also completely forgot Afro existed, good to see him again.

I've been hoping to see more of the executives like Jinbei so I'm glad we're seeing more of him even in the form of comedy, he doesn't seem particularly smart but he's goofy; must be the classic "idiocy" you need to get strong.

iyzTKCh.jpg

#957 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:05 PM

Good to see the Kirie bullying train hasn't stopped yet

iyzTKCh.jpg

#958 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:28 AM

...I suppose Cutlass is just taking some time off at the hot springs or something.

This was one of the more stupid chapters, though it did successfully manage to defuse the Shipping Bed Death in a non-tragic way, so I guess it could be worse. It was better than Naruto's "I love people the same way I love my ramen" levels of stupidity, I can say that at least.

samisig.jpg

#959 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

I didn't expect to laugh as hard as I did at "the stork?" towards the end. Seeing as Touta's only a couple years old it really makes sense but still.

iyzTKCh.jpg

#960 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

It definitely wasn't contrived, I mean-- I don't think the idea of sex was ever brought up in Negima. Hell, even romance was a strange concept for characters like Negi and Koutarou, so this was definitely a convincing way to break the illusion of love for anyone older than 20(?).

Even though it still sounds stupid enough to feel like a cheat, I don't really mind. I never cared if they got together, I just want to see more of Kirie acting meekly, so my only concern is that this won't put a stop to that.

Edited by Athos, 10 May 2017 - 07:24 PM.

samisig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users