597 replies to this topic

#21 AnimeNikkaJamal

AnimeNikkaJamal

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

I am sorta concerned that Shioon's more concerned about beating Chundomoon than GMR but I guess he's gotta start somewhere. Since he'll be able to handle Chundomoon after this meditation powerup he's already as powerful as most other alliance members, and well on his way to grandmaster level. It also solidifies his Murim leadership and Sunwoo's status of "NOT TO BE ****ED WITH" if only 11 other ppl (grandmasters+gmr) can actually fight him and one of the most powerful of those 11 is on his team.

My problem is that Chundomoon is dangerously close to becoming the Sasuke of this series as soon as Shioon surpasses him.

HELP: Want to change name to " GravityZero " - my handle from the original OMF.
- Ubel Blatt: My favorite manga. And even better the second read-through.

#22 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

@RR That wasn't in any way shallow at all. :P Unfortunately Shioon doesn't strike me as the type to focus on just a girls looks/how hot they are. And as hawt as Jinie was in that maid outfit or the fact she doesn't wear a bra. I'm putting my money on Sera looking 10x hotter in nothing but an apron. :nosebleed:

Heeeey, there are other reasons I like Jin-he. I just wanted to highlight that she's freaking hot. Besides I've done the whole Jin-He vs Sera debate and admitted that I love Sera and for a while considered her a better match. But at the end of the day I decided Jin-he was actually a better match for Shiwoon and based on what i've seen, she's in the lead for any romantic possiblity.

And let's be honest, almost all the girls in this manhwa would be crazy hot in a naked apron.

No I called her a moron. There is a subtle but significant difference.

An idiot is actually a person with retarded mental growth (like from chewing on lead as a child). They cannot be blamed for their lack of deep or reliable thought process -- though the current usage of the word belies that origin.

A moron is a person that simply acts in uncouth and idiotic manners despite not having any such handicap. In some ways, being a moron is worse, since you have no excuse for behaving in a moronic manner.

So I basically said she's worse than an idiot, while recognizing that since she CAN overcome this (it's not an innate trait but rather her character), she might become a much better person in the future. 

---------------

Regarding the 'hotness' factor RR -- Jinee stikes to me as a classic example of a physically attractive woman that you want to avoid due to her emotional and mental immaturity. Remember she just barged in not only on Shioon (the guy she secretly admires/loves), but also the gaju of her clan, showed extreme disrespect (to both Shioon as a person and to the Gaju), and essentially showed her immaturity in failing to recognize that given the vast amount of ki and deep meditation, this is probably not the time to distract Shioon.

Dems fightin' words!!!!

tumblr_m7uia9YQHH1rz43f7o1_500.gif

But seriously, much of Jin-he's "act" is due to the fact that she's the standard Tsundere character for this story where her feelings/concern for Jin-he drives her to make poor emotional decisions at times. It's really no big deal to me.

What really amazes me is how in all of these manga/manhwa the reserved/quiet girl who often has a bland personality always turns out to be more popular with fans and is declared to be the "best match" for the protagonist. Orihime from Bleach, Hinata from Naruto, Onodera from Nisekoi and now Sera. All these girls with relatively bland personalities are always seen as better matches as opposed to the other more flambouyant tsunderes in those stories. Lol! What's wrong with being a bousterous and emotional? LMAO! Sera Kang is a GREAT character but her stoic demeanor sometimes makes her a bit dull. I love Jin-he and when she tried to jump a helicopter to get ti Shiwoon without hesitation or concren for herself I was sold.

Of course she's a bit immature. She's 17! Not everyone can be born as royalty and trained to be a "proper" like Sera. But that said, no one can question her heart or dedication to Shiwoon. She doesn't leave his side anymore. And you're making waaaay to big a deal about her bursting in on Shiwoon. Remember, for most of the time she's been tasked with protecting this Gaju because he couldn't protect himself. She was his guardian and he was no Gaju. So it must be hard to suddenly have to switch gears and treat him differently. And I doubt Shiwoon would want her to. Also, the fact that she didn't realize that she shouldn't distract him I think has more to do with her lack of experience as a fighter to analyze a situation. Sera and Ha-Ill are more advanced than her in that respect.

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #23 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,134 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:43 PM

Heeeey, there are other reasons I like Jin-he. I just wanted to highlight that she's freaking hot. Besides I've done the whole Jin-He vs Sera debate and admitted that I love Sera and for a while considered her a better match. But at the end of the day I decided Jin-he was actually a better match for Shiwoon and based on what i've seen, she's in the lead for any romantic possiblity.

I'm sorry but what nonsense is this? Let me ask, who has an odd resemblance to Shiho (with obvious major differences)? Who has the relationship with Shioon that more and more parallels with Chunwoo/Shiho? Who is also the Gaju of her respective clan? Who has acted as Shioon's adviser for 3/4th's of NW? Who is Shioon's strongest female ally? Who's role in the story seems to be diminishing with each passing chapter while the importance of another rises? Who literally from the start helped Shioon get his ki center fixed? Who has the most chances to be significant to the main plot in part 3? Who also was the first one to put her lips on Shioon? And finally who, if she so happens to become Shioon's wife, would literally make Sunwoo so powerful that it would overtake both the SUC and Martial Arts Alliance?

/shipping goggles off

What I'm trying to say here is there is literally NO ONE who is in the lead for now. Storywise/plotwise, I'd say it would be Sosul since she has the major advantage of being apart of the old cast since part 1 (seriously, I really miss all the great characters from part 1). She also is necessary to move the story forward and currently the readers are waiting her return.. She is the Sunwoo princess and Shioon is the Gaju of said clan. I don't ship it but it fits well together. She was the instigator for events that became apparent in NW and the changes in Shioon's life in part 1. Who knows how Shioon will react when her body finally resembles a girl of her age.

All three of these girl have sacrificed something for Shioon but Sosul literally sacrificed her way of life and head position (the one thing she prided in and her father gave her) just to protect Shioon. Shioon would rage if any of these girls died and that includes Sae Hee. But honestly, I think the author is prohibiting Shioon from developing any serious romantic feelings for anyone because it would ruin the flow of the story. Right now, Shioon wants to protect EVERYONE and I don't think the author wants Shioon to take more priority on a specific someone as it would roadblock his goal. I hope part 3 dwells more on Shioon's romantic feelings. We can't just have the master in a love relationship!

Hell we might even get some new romance contenders in part 3!

Edited by Blink22, 19 April 2014 - 12:27 AM.

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#24 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,215 posts
    • Locationon the edge of insaninty

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

@RR Yeah I know, and I'm usually a fan of tsundere females on the whole. And I do like Jinie, just not as a romantic interest for Shioon. For some reason I see her more filling the good friend role, friends with benefits at best. Sera just seems like a better compliment personality wise for Shioon then Jinie.

@Blink Sorry but Sosul fills the role of little sister imo. And like I believe RR suggested earlier, if Sosul returns to the story in a significant manner, it'll likely be as an antagonist like 9AD.

#25 AnimeNikkaJamal

AnimeNikkaJamal

Combat Butler

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 264 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:34 AM

What really amazes me is how in all of these manga/manhwa the reserved/quiet girl who often has a bland personality always turns out to be more popular with fans and is declared to be the "best match" for the protagonist. Orihime from Bleach, Hinata from Naruto, Onodera from Nisekoi and now Sera.

WUT? Since when? When did this happen?

Her constantly yelling KUROSAKI-KUN during the series' longest arc kinda ruined any chances of me ever shipping her. I imagin the rest of the OMF fandom is in agreement. Rukia is DEAD and I still would ship that.

Also, I disagree on Shioon x Jinnie. Screw that ship. Sera, or Sosul, or NOTHING. Jinnie's character has annoyed me from day one. Sera's advantage isn't that she's quiet and reserved. It's COMPETENCE. Sera has constantly asserted her insanely high value throughout the storyline. In terms of Bleach characters, Sera isn't Orihime, she's URAHARA. Nobody's boring when they're basically a walking Deus Ex Machina that can save your *** time and time again with smarts, plus unlike Urahara, Sera even came with boobs attached - fully. developed. boobs. (sorry Sosul)

Meanwhile, Jinnie has been little better than a child throwing tantrums for a long time. A well-done tsundere like Tohsaka Rin can be wildly popular but an irrational one like Jinnie gets very little love. If anything, it even FEELS like the author is steering us towards having positive feelings toward Sera and negative toward Jinnie, but then he keep drawing splash pictures of Jinnie so maybe she is still the main female.

Edited by AnimeNikkaJamal, 19 April 2014 - 04:35 AM.

HELP: Want to change name to " GravityZero " - my handle from the original OMF.
    - Ubel Blatt: My favorite manga. And even better the second read-through.

#26 feral

feral

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,285 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

@Blink Sorry but Sosul fills the role of little sister imo. And like I believe RR suggested earlier, if Sosul returns to the story in a significant manner, it'll likely be as an antagonist like 9AD.

Hmm, that's a good point about Sosul, but I think it's more likely than not that she will be a Shioon supporter. She is the head of Sunwu. Shioon is just filling in for her. There's not going to be much of an argument when she get's back. She's the rightful head, and Shioon will likely take a supportive adviser/enforcer role for her. 

The only information we have at the moment that would suggest otherwise is that she is seemingly doing Kaiser's bidding at the moment. But that was apparently part of the deal. Black Forest heals her body and she performs certain "tasks" for them in exchange. The moment she leaves the BF, there is no reason, at the moment, to think that she will continue to be an aggressor against Murim.

Which brings us to the final point; Sosul's power. If Shioon completes his training and gets a massive power up, he is still not likely to be nearly as strong as Sosul. If the theory in Murim is true, then the more Yin blockages a person has, the more powerful they will become upon clearing those blockages. Shioon had 3 blockages while Sosul had all 9 of her ki points blocked. Again, if the theory holds true, then she is likely to become an even more powerful "god" that Ghost Hands was telling Shioon he could become. And with power like that, she would be the clear favorite to rule not only the Sunwu, but the entire Murim as well. Pretty much taking Shioon's spot. 

Edited by feral, 19 April 2014 - 03:40 PM.

Posted Image

#27 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,716 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

I'm sorry but what nonsense is this? Let me ask, who has an odd resemblance to Shiho (with obvious major differences)? Who has the relationship with Shioon that more and more parallels with Chunwoo/Shiho? Who is also the Gaju of her respective clan? Who has acted as Shioon's adviser for 3/4th's of NW? Who is Shioon's strongest female ally? Who's role in the story seems to be diminishing with each passing chapter while the importance of another rises? Who literally from the start helped Shioon get his ki center fixed? Who has the most chances to be significant to the main plot in part 3? Who also was the first one to put her lips on Shioon? And finally who, if she so happens to become Shioon's wife, would literally make Sunwoo so powerful that it would overtake both the SUC and Martial Arts Alliance?

@Blink22 - Rofl! Are you giving reasons why Shiwoon should fall in love with Sera or is this some sort of odd employee resume? I don't think the fact she is a Gaju is going to make him fall head over heals. Oh, and though she is his strongest female ally it is meaningless if she doesn't actually fight. And again, how does that help him fall for her?

Here is what I know, Sera may have a thing for Shiwoon but only one girl broke down and showed genuine emotion when he was kidnapped. Only one litterally tried to jump over a helicopter when Sera herself did nothing, just to get to Shiwoon when he was in trouble.

Shall we go back to chapter 53 when Jin-he, after being rescued by Shiwoon, was with him and Ji-Gun on a motercycle and was run off the road. Who was it that grabbed Shiwoon (Despite being exhausted) in mid air and bore the brunt of the crash? Who was it that laid in a pool of blood in the middle of the road because she had to save Shiwoon?

And later on when in the hospital and injured who was it that got up out of her bed to get him out before realizing he was actually safe? And come to think of it, why was she in danger at that time anyway? Oh yeah, it was because she was alone after running away after defying her grandfather who ordered her to kill Shiwoon. And lately, who is the one who is litterally always by his side? See? Those are emotional reasons why they would make a good pair.

The evolution of Jin-he's feelings for Shiwoon was also something that the author took the time to develop far more so than Sera's who's feelings kind of just happened with very little buildup and certainly hasn't been explored. Whereas the feelings Jin-he had for Shiwoon was the catalyst for an entire arc.

Oh and let's not forget that if he were to choose to be with Jin-he that would forever tie him with Sunwoo as she is the granddaughter of Jae-Kyu and Shiwoon is only the TEMPORARY Gaju until Sosul returns. He isn't even officially a Murim.

What I'm trying to say here is there is literally NO ONE who is in the lead for now. Storywise/plotwise, I'd say it would be Sosul since she has the major advantage of being apart of the old cast since part 1 (seriously, I really miss all the great characters from part 1). She also is necessary to move the story forward and currently the readers are waiting her return.. She is the Sunwoo princess and Shioon is the Gaju of said clan. I don't ship it but it fits well together. She was the instigator for events that became apparent in NW and the changes in Shioon's life in part 1. Who knows how Shioon will react when her body finally resembles a girl of her age.

I'm sorry but everything you just said is invalidated by suggesting Sosul, for the plot or otherwise was in the lead. First off, out of all of these girls Shiwoon has shown the least interest in Sosul sexually because despite her age she looks like a little girl. So unless she physically developed quickly it wouldn't happen. Secondly, Sosul is not the Sunwoo princess. She is the Sunsoo Gaju who gave Shiwoon authority in her absense. When she returns Shiwoon would lose all stature which kills that second theory of yours.

All three of these girl have sacrificed something for Shioon but Sosul literally sacrificed her way of life and head position (the one thing she prided in and her father gave her) just to protect Shioon. Shioon would rage if any of these girls died and that includes Sae Hee. But honestly, I think the author is prohibiting Shioon from developing any serious romantic feelings for anyone because it would ruin the flow of the story. Right now, Shioon wants to protect EVERYONE and I don't think the author wants Shioon to take more priority on a specific someone as it would roadblock his goal. I hope part 3 dwells more on Shioon's romantic feelings. We can't just have the master in a love relationship!

Sosul did not sacrifice anything for Shiwoon. Sosul was leaving whether or not she fell for Shiwoon. Don't you remember? The reason they rescued her was in order to send her to the organization she is with now. That was going to happen whether or not Shiwoon was involved. I agree that Shiwoon's feelings are impossible to read based on some curious decisions from the author. But based on what I see from each of the female candidates and how they interact I see Jin-he having a lead (a small one) for his heart.

WUT? Since when? When did this happen?

Her constantly yelling KUROSAKI-KUN during the series' longest arc kinda ruined any chances of me ever shipping her. I imagin the rest of the OMF fandom is in agreement. Rukia is DEAD and I still would ship that.

Also, I disagree on Shioon x Jinnie. Screw that ship. Sera, or Sosul, or NOTHING. Jinnie's character has annoyed me from day one. Sera's advantage isn't that she's quiet and reserved. It's COMPETENCE. Sera has constantly asserted her insanely high value throughout the storyline. In terms of Bleach characters, Sera isn't Orihime, she's URAHARA. Nobody's boring when they're basically a walking Deus Ex Machina that can save your *** time and time again with smarts, plus unlike Urahara, Sera even came with boobs attached - fully. developed. boobs. (sorry Sosul)

Meanwhile, Jinnie has been little better than a child throwing tantrums for a long time. A well-done tsundere like Tohsaka Rin can be wildly popular but an irrational one like Jinnie gets very little love. If anything, it even FEELS like the author is steering us towards having positive feelings toward Sera and negative toward Jinnie, but then he keep drawing splash pictures of Jinnie so maybe she is still the main female.

@AnimeNikkaJamal - Okay well I don't recall saying everyone ships IchiOri. I just said that it's the most popular ship for him and I never understood why. Just because a girl is quiet and reserved and sweet doesn't make her the best match. Personally I don't like her or Rukia for him.

BTW, what...da...fu**...is with all this Sosul whipping crap! That pairing (and why anyone would consider it viable) is incomprehensible to me! Even she complained that because of her size Shiwoon treated her like a little sister. And I don't see her growing anytime soon. Jeez! Anyway, it looks like just like with Narusaku I am part of the minority when it comes to Shiwoon x Jin-he. That's fine. I'm used to it. Now don't get wrong. If he were to choose Sera I wouldn't mind it. I just prefer Jin-he.

But I want to highlight one thing when it comes to Sera. She's not exactly the perfect match of Shiwoon that you all claim. She has several times in the past used her intellect to manipulate Shiwoon and has lied to him directly all to achieve her own goals. Now, one could say that each time was for his benefit and you would be right. But I still find it unsettling that she would willingly and often manipulate him. That is a strike against her in my mind. Not a big one. But one nonetheless.

@RR Yeah I know, and I'm usually a fan of tsundere females on the whole. And I do like Jinie, just not as a romantic interest for Shioon. For some reason I see her more filling the good friend role, friends with benefits at best. Sera just seems like a better compliment personality wise for Shioon then Jinie.

@Trowa Barton - ROFL! I don't think we're going to see Shiwoon have a freinds with benifits relationship with anyone. This is the wrong kind of manga for that kind of stuff. How does Sera's personality better complement Shiwoon when her personality is so bland. She rarely shows any emotion or personality. She's prim and proper and doesn't even smile. Seriously, has she ever smiled? Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-Sera. But this idea that her personality is better when she really has very little in way of personality is laughable to me.

Edited by RamenRenegade, 19 April 2014 - 10:54 PM.

•  

• #28 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,215 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

Ok I just took a look through last weeks chapter. It was longer than I originally thought it was...

It seems elder Kwon was the one to suggest calling the doctor instead of Sera like I'd thought. And he did so because he realized Shioon was in a let's say "unique" position atm. Thought four eyes is really pushing his luck imo. After what happened during the meeting, I'm even more curious as to how the rest of the alliance will react to both MIl-yang and Chundo being on good terms with Shioon.

And what's even more interesting is Ryuji is confronting 9AD about his connection to their shared master Un-wol. Seeing how that plays out should be very interesting.

@RR In regards to why four eyes dislikes Shioon so much. It's a combination of things imo. After S.U.C's attack on Shioons high school four eyes tried and failed miserably to use Shioon as a puppet to control Sunwoo. On top of that Shioon also kicked his arse in a fight and generally made a fool of him. So his attitude is basically how dare this snot nosed nobody of a child humiliate me that way. He's basically trying to get back at Shioon for his past transgressions.

Edited by Trowa Barton, 24 April 2014 - 11:23 AM.

#29 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,134 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

@RR Only one girl showed genuine emotion when Shioon was kidnapped? You're going to have to explain that to me because Shioon has been kidnapped a bunch of times throughout the story. And you conveniently seem to "forget" that when Shioon was kidnapped by the doctor, Sera went on her semi-solo mission to save him when he was in immediate danger of dying. The events that took place in this arc basically equates the events that happened in the previous arc. Who was it that took multiple stabbings on her body without yelling out even a single noise just to let Shioon escape safely? She even lied to him about there being a power switch and to go search for it just so he wouldn't get put in any more danger. Who was it that went into a one sided fight knowing full well she had no advantages of victory but she still chose to suffer a slow, painful torture just to save Shioon?

Who was it that caused Shioon to enter the black origin threshold for the first time and make himself a punching bag to hundereds of other SUC goons just to save her because she was on the verge of dying? This was the same arc where it finally resolved the awkward situation between Sera and Shioon. Shioon wouldn't go see her after she lied to him about his mother in which she also felt guilty about but when Shioon realized everything she did was for his sake, he went ballistic arguably even more than with Jinnie. He fully became aware of how important Sera was to him and vowed to save her from any more harm. They even had a special moment when Shioon was carrying her on his back and she confessed her sincere intentions and guilt to him and why he was important to her because she thought it was her last moments. It was her emotional breakdown. To say Jinnie is the only girl to show emotional distraught over him is preposterous.

Yeah Jinnie jumped out of the helicopter to save him on the island but so did the elders of the Sun Woo. Big whoop. Shioon has many people by his side now or now his little groupie. Jinnie is a mere subordinate to Shioon and the Sun Woo. I don't really care but if Sosul comes back as an ally, who do you think the elders would approve of Shioon getting married to? No one has a tiny lead in Shioon's heart right now. You could make an argument for both sides but they're all the same. But I will say if Jinnie wants to stay relevant in the main plot for part 3, she needs to level up soon because for all we know, new love interests could be introduced in part 3.

Team Sera Kang though :wub:

And uh she has smiled?

Spoiler for OTP

Edited by Blink22, 25 April 2014 - 10:31 AM.

• Sev, Zoro, Trowa Barton and 1 other like this

#30 Naver.com

Naver.com

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 51 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:42 AM

Raw is out.
    http://webtoon.daum....on/viewer/25081
    And from the looks of it...
    Spoiler

#31 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,305 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:50 AM

I am not liking the sensei at all. He just seems to be always angry and lashing out for no reason.

#32 Naver.com

Naver.com

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 51 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:02 AM

I am not liking the sensei at all. He just seems to be always angry and lashing out for no reason.

Spoiler

#33 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,134 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

I will be very disappointed if the author went the brainwashing route with 9AD. He's too badass for that. It's only speculation, but I think 9AD's mindset is clouded with revenge that he has simply "thrown away" his love for his woman and disciple because it was too painful to bear.

Also, dat Joker smile from Shioon at the end  :rly:

Edited by Blink22, 25 April 2014 - 10:48 AM.

#34 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,215 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

*facepalm*

Really? The author is going the drugged/mind control/manipulated route with 9AD? :banghead: :intardnet:

I will be seriously disappointed if that's what's going on with 9AD. And yes that smile at the end from Shioon was rather "creepy" if you will. But "creepy" in a good way. As it implies arse kicking will be unleashed in the near future.

• Blink22 likes this

#35 feral

feral

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,285 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

This chapter covered a lot of different story lines. I'm honestly surprised about that. A little less surprising but surprising none the less is the fact that one of Goom's subordinates reports to someone other than Goom. A bit more surprising than the last but not as surprising as the first is than Goom wash brainwashed. Hmph. 

I can believe that Goom was brainwashed, what I have difficulty believing is that someone was strong enough to be able to do it in the first place. And, more importantly, when was this supposed to have happened? Obviously after part 1, but it had to have been either before part 2, or sometime during. If it's the latter, the only time that makes sense would be when he broke into Kaiser's (or who ever that guy is) place.

Posted Image

#36 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,716 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

Looks a bunch of chess pieces are being moved about on the board. I am confused about one thing though. Why are so many of you saying that 9AD is being mentally controlled? I didn't get that at all from this chapter and I read it twice. Anyone care to explain?

@Blink22 - Unfortunately I don't have the time to respond to your pro-Sera post as in depth as I'd like right now. Just know that the crack about she never smiles was a joke and that I don't disagree with anything you said in your assessment of Sera or the depth of her feelings for Shiwoon. I just find Jin-he's actions more impressive as a whole and her feelings for Shiwoon to be deeper. Remember, Jin-he defied her grandfather and Sun Woo and went on the run all for Shiwoon. As impressive as Sera is she has yet to make any such sacrifice. Anyway, I'll respond to you properly later.

•  

• #37 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,134 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

I don't mind but if you don't disagree with me then I don't think you should bother replying to me or make time to try to properly reply to me. Even though I am very pro-Sera, I don't disregard Jinnie's actions. They are both on the equilibrium in terms of romantic options. 

#38 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,716 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

Lol! Well, this isn't the first time I said I didn't disagree with you and I said several times that I do really like Sera. Where we part ways is that despite Sera's accomplishments I find Jin-he to be more impressive. I find her character and the evolution of her feelings for Shiwoon to be more developed and her to be a better match. It has less to do with what Sera hasn't done and more to do with what Jin-he has done.

•  

• #39 feral

feral

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,285 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

Looks a bunch of chess pieces are being moved about on the board. I am confused about one thing though. Why are so many of you saying that 9AD is being mentally controlled? I didn't get that at all from this chapter and I read it twice. Anyone care to explain?

1) The headache.

2) Lone Wolf's comment to Goom.

3) Adviser's emphatic shout to Lone Wolf when he (Lone Wolf) made the comment to Goom. This indicates Adviser does not want Lone Wolf to finish the conversation to Goom about his (Goom's) mind.

Posted Image

#40 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,716 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

To me when I read that my first thought was 9AD is not feeling well because he either pushed himself too far in that fight or seeing Shiwoon is affecting his resolve. Hell it could be a mix of both. Being brainwashed or controlled was never a consideration for me. And still isn't after reading this chapter a couple times. Could be wrong but I just didn't see it that way.

•  

• 0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users