Posted Image

#42 Smoker

Smoker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

I got the feeling it was not total brainwashing just a bigger push toward making him violent with certain triggers. One scenario maybe "pills" to help recover from Origin thresold tech have been laced with extra meds by the evil doc Shiwoon beat up.

"You and I are not in the same league, Swine"

#43 feral

feral

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

Those black screens with nothing but Korean characters on them, they happened when Lone Wolf asked about something the "new" Goom was not supposed to know about. Like his master. I think the reason for Goom's headache is that Lone Wolf asked him specifically about something that had been "washed out" of his memory. When LW asked about his master, Goom began to think, and that made the headache start. Goom's mind has been toyed with. Of this I'm almost certain. I'm just wondering who and how.

Also, without being able to speak Korean, I'm going to go out on a limb and say those black screen were probably the sound of a heartbeat. Like the Japanese "doki, doki."

Edited by feral, 25 April 2014 - 05:41 PM.

Posted Image

#44 Naver.com

Naver.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

IMO that girl Sophia is having 9AD drugged, it's not as heavily implied in thr translations, but in
http://www.mangahere...ves/c157/7.html
She says "Juliana, the boss is actually..."
And in
http://www.mangahere...es/c157/12.html
She says "Not right now! It's not the time!" something like that
http://www.mangahere...es/c133/19.html
The thing she's holding looks more like a medical kit than a laptop bag or such.
So I assumed she's drugging 9AD somehow and he has these headaches or acts violently when it wears off. But because of Shioon and Lone Wolf jogging his memories the lapses became shorter. I honestly didn't want to see a memory loss thing for 9AD either, but it seems to be the biggest possibility for now. I also hope I'm wrong, and there's still the fact that he remembered that annoying glasses and Gangsung...

Also, without being able to speak Korean, I'm going to go out on a limb and say those black screen were probably the sound of a heartbeat. Like the Japanese "doki, doki."

"지끈" is an sfx for sharp headache, Feral XD

Edited by Naver.com, 25 April 2014 - 06:49 PM.

• Dexx707, feral, Urek Mazino and 1 other like this

#45 feral

feral

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

Didn't know headaches made noise. But that's cool to know. Thanks! 

Ah, looks like they told Goom he had (or maybe he really does) a "condition" and they're treating it with pills that just happen to brainwash/erase his memory.  ;)

Posted Image

#46 Shinkaru

Shinkaru

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  • LocationOne step closer to Despair

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

I worry that if the brainwashing part is true that he might have forgotten about Shiho and it's doing this without even knowing why.

Spoiler The meaning of life

#47 feral

feral

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:51 AM

Good point. When Shioon asks him about Shiho, is brain might explode. 

Posted Image

#48 Zoro

Zoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:19 AM

I worry that if the brainwashing part is true that he might have forgotten about Shiho and it's doing this without even knowing why.

I hope that's the case, because its just sad to see my Fav character turned into one of those Cliche villains

and last we saw his Dead girlfriend was kept in some Reviver or Cloning ?

#49 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

We all know what will happen. Shiho will be revived and when she meets Goom he will lose his mind and Shioon will stop him.

#50 sic

sic

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

I wonder how they managed to brainwash him in the first place.

GmJGrXx.png

#51 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

If he's even brainwashed at all. He could just be really, really pissed off with everything that's happened.

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #52 feral

feral

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,285 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

#denial

It's obvious something is going on with his head. Whether or not that it is "brainwashing" remains to be seen, as you say. But to not think anything is wrong with the guy is taking disbelief to a whole new level. 

Posted Image

#53 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,717 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

I'm sorry but when did I ever say I thought nothing was wrong? Feel free to find that post please. All I said is I never got the feeling that he was being manipulated or brainwashed. And I still don't. The pain he's feeling could easily be residual affects from his recent fight. Or his ki could be affected because of Shiwoon who's reappearance has shaken his resolve. All I'm saying is nothing I read, made me think headache = brainwashing.

•  

• #54 feral

feral

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,285 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Well, as I said above, you have a valid point that the headache does not necessarily equal brainwashing. About the other stuff you are certainly entitled to your opinion. 

Posted Image

#55 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,134 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

Dammit if Shioon didn't come out stronger than he could have before he was rudely interrupted, I'm gonna be pissed. He needs to at least stand a chance against 9AD if they all want to survive. Just let him get stronger!

Glasses getting exposed like the poser he is.

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#56 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,305 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Hah! Shioon's using the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for training!  :xD:

With the Murinm washing their hands of this matter I guess it'll lead up to a Shioon vs 9AD confrontation.

#57 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,016 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

That technique Shioon uses to get stronger is stupid and annoying.

I like seeing a main character getting stronger in a reasonable way of equal exchange (any FMA fan here should know what I mean) not this kind of as*pull..

Edited by Red Haired Shanks, 02 May 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#58 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,717 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Very nice chapter, though I wish there had been a bit more drama in Shiwoon return. I'm really growing to love the interactions between Jin-he and Sera. The little bit of underlying tension between them (due to their shared affection of Shiwoon) adds spice to it. That being said, I found it interesting that Sara freely admitted that she doesn't know Shiwoon as well as Jin-he. I completely agree. Lol! And despite being interrupted in his training I think it was the right thing to do. If Shiwoon had completed it to the degree he wanted, Shiwoon would be a master. That level isn't enough to stop 9AD anyway. The only way Shiwoon has a chance is to reach his master's heart.

•  

• #59 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,221 posts
    • Locationon the edge of insaninty

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

Why did I get the impression that Sera/Jinie where sisters going after the same guy this chapter?..... As for four-eyes, yeah it was nice seeing his plan backfire in his face. It really couldn't have happened to a nicer person. And the alliance's true colors are revealed for all to see, and that color is yellow. They can act touch when they're in a big group and all, but once you take away the advantage of their numbers they become cowards.

And while he ma not have experienced the jump in ability he was hoping for, I have no doubt he's gotten a lot better from the time he's had.

#60 hitesh93

hitesh93

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 528 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

Arrrgh Jinnie annoys me so much...particularly so when she is 'somewhat right'. She spews out a million things with the confidence that she's right, is wrong 99% of the time, and the one time she is somewhat right she gets in people's faces about it. At least Sera has the sense and humility to realize that she might not have considered entirely what Shioon would want in the situation. I'm not  shipper of any couple, but Jinnie as a person is arguably the most ignorant, boisterous, dumb, rude, arrogant person in the entire manga. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users