• Please log in to reply
597 replies to this topic

#581 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:39 AM

I was hoping to find something new but I pretty much read all of those before. Seems like when it's this type of genre then there isn't much that hasn't caught my attention before. 

No wonder the art looked so good. It was by the author of Veritas. I'm still confused about why Veritas was dropped. It's atleast on the same level as The Breaker.

Yeah, the thing is, most highschool action/supernatural stuff have their MC discover their powers and develop them. The MC being super strong and hiding his powers is not usual, only in the highschool environment it is a bit more rare.

It´s the artist of Veritas, there is a distinction since it was collabo between an author and an artist. The author is doing something else (something with vampires or werewolves iirc).

Veritas is leaps and bounds above The Breaker imo!

For me it is  The Breaker  >> Veritas >>>>>>>>> Breaker:NW, but if we regard Breaker as one story, which it is basically, then you might be right, though Veritas´ ending sucks really bad.

qhz8b56l.png

#582 sic

sic

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:51 PM

Yeah, the thing is, most highschool action/supernatural stuff have their MC discover their powers and develop them. The MC being super strong and hiding his powers is not usual, only in the highschool environment it is a bit more rare.

It´s the artist of Veritas, there is a distinction since it was collabo between an author and an artist. The author is doing something else (something with vampires or werewolves iirc).

For me it is  The Breaker  >> Veritas >>>>>>>>> Breaker:NW, but if we regard Breaker as one story, which it is basically, then you might be right, though Veritas´ ending sucks really bad.

Aaaaagh, wth was with that ending? It's been years but remembering that ending still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Bloody hell, I'm going back to suppressing my memories of it and pretending it didn't happen.

GmJGrXx.png

#583 tattaslayr

tattaslayr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:03 AM

There's a new chapter of Action Idols out. http://mangacow.co/action_idols/02/

Not going to lie I enjoyed this one. It was quite funny here and there and the art is freaking good. Cliché or not I love these types of manhwas. 

Edited by tattaslayr, 22 May 2015 - 04:16 AM.

#584 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:46 AM

The thing is, wasn't the expectation that Veritas would continue into a part 2 but ultimately dropped by the publisher or whatever? That was always my assumption, so it was a good cliffhanger if that is true but it's certainly a bitter ending as it currently stands. :(

pfpgm7o.png

Spoiler For future reference

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.com/blog/28#comment-1216310802)

Spoiler The answer to life, the universe and everything

#585 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Locationon the edge of insaninty

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:59 PM

5 bucks says Jenna makes those two chicks her bitches by the end of the next chapter.

Otherwise, nothing really interesting happened imo. Hopefully things pick up after the initial world building is done in another 5 or so chapters.

#586 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:25 AM

Takezo, I am on of the very few people that liked Veritas' ending. I am not gonna explain the reasons though, because this kind of discussion has gone full circle for more than 4 years now..

It's been also a long time since I read The Breaker and had a different taste back then, so I can't say for sure how good is it. I only know that back then I found it really badass and almost as good as Veritas.

For Veritas though, I can vouch for even now!! What sets Veritas apart from other battle manga is the main character and the fact that it has a refreshing and original moral direction again projected through the main character.

The guy wasn't the typical shonen character who wanted to change the world and for some reason he has the biggest latent talent in the universe or an overpowered hero who displays little by little his superiority.

Kangryong is just a bat crazy guy, obsessed by the idea of getting stronger than everyone else, not caring much about who is good and who is bad.(that was made completely clear in his final battle)

The way he got in the academy, not fearing anyone, getting his ass kicked for months and slowly getting and painstakingly getting stronger was awesome. The author managed to make his improvement realistic and plausible. It's like he pressed the correct buttons. I could really feel Kangryong's thirst for surviving and getting on the top. He had bad manners, he was ugly, unrefined, kind of unpopular but he didn't care.

I really appreciated these things and this is the main reasons Veritas is in my top5.

Breaker was as bit of cool, had great artwork, fights, badass characters, great urban setting and an interesting "universe", but it did repeat more or less the cliche themes. 

There's a new chapter of Action Idols out. http://mangacow.co/action_idols/02/

Not going to lie I enjoyed this one. It was quite funny here and there and the art is freaking good. Cliché or not I love these types of manhwas. 

Chapter 4 was released today. It has definetely a Veritas vibe, although the dialogue suck! I will definetely follow it though!!

#587 Sasuke K

Sasuke K

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in exile.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:36 PM

Did the mention when Season three will be out?

8519a27d-5f08-4790-abd9-e67910047477.jpg

Dark Souls random clip for season 1 of GoM: The Legend Begins.

Full Image 

#588 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:54 PM

Did the mention when Season three will be out?

The authors said that tehy will do something else first, so maybe never^^

qhz8b56l.png

#589 Sasuke K

Sasuke K

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:21 PM

So that's what they meant by taking a break from the series. They must be burnt out.

Full Image 

#590 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:24 PM

So that's what they meant by taking a break from the series. They must be burnt out.

More like bored with the series i presume, they will be starting a new series after all

qhz8b56l.png

#591 Sasuke K

Sasuke K

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

That will be a pity unless their next story is short. Well If this was Japan, in a famous manga magazine company such as SJ would not allowed these authors to stray from The Breaker series.

Full Image 

#592 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

That will be a pity unless their next story is short. Well If this was Japan, in a famous manga magazine company such as SJ would not allowed these authors to stray from The Breaker series.

Hmm, if we would take an Japanese equivalent to the author of Breaker in terms of success in the respective market, i think you´d have to be Togashi/Oda/Toriyama-level to pull this off but yeah, Togashi is already doing it.

qhz8b56l.png

#593 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:19 PM

So I've gotten a couple unconfirmed reports that The Breaker 3 is going to start in the spring 2017. Does anyone have any news?

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #594 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,178 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

Afraid not RR my search-fu didn't turn anything up. :-_-:

Honestly I'm sure how I feel about part 3 starting up. Part of me wants it to continue so we get a resolution to the story. The other worries that we'll have the same issues we did towards the end of part 2.

Though I am curious about the former chiefs motives in contacting Shioon. Plus we'd be able to continue our debate about weather Jinie or Sera is best girl. :hmm: 

#595 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,695 posts
    • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:11 PM

Afraid not RR my search-fu didn't turn anything up. :-_-:

Honestly I'm sure how I feel about part 3 starting up. Part of me wants it to continue so we get a resolution to the story. The other worries that we'll have the same issues we did towards the end of part 2.

Though I am curious about the former chiefs motives in contacting Shioon. Plus we'd be able to continue our debate about weather Jinie or Sera is best girl. :hmm:

Sigh...I had a feeling it wasn't true. But a guy could hope. Cuz, TBH that new story they're working on hasn't been very good so far.

And Jinhee, is far better, not close, keep dreaming bruh.

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #596 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,178 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:29 AM

Hey kuudere's are better then tsundere's ok. :ohyes:

More on topic. I'd be happy if my search-fu was weak and we were getting more Breaker this spring. I sorta miss b!tching about delays and short chapters. As weird as it sounds.

#597 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 6,001 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:35 AM

The guy wasn't the typical shonen character who wanted to change the world and for some reason he has the biggest latent talent in the universe or an overpowered hero who displays little by little his superiority.

typical shonen MC or Characters 

because  there are tons of characters like that and a few shonen mc with those traits too. 

anyways dunno why I'm commenting on a 2 year old post lol.

f7c22295-c095-456a-acad-b4dcabd18025_zps

- At some point, you gotta decide for yourself who you’re going to be. Can’t let nobody make that decision for you.

#598 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,568 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:42 PM

I doubt we'll get it in spring. maybe summer or fall.

Remember it was a planned year break.

of which he decided to make trinity wonder (same art but with color in TW) durring his break from the breaker

Trinity wonder is about to start is 2nd season.

Pretty sure he can't do both the breaker and Trinity wonder at the same time, and would want a break after it done. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users