#421 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:08 PM

No it isn't. "Better" and "stronger" aren't the same thing, especially not in this context (i.e. honing skill and fighting smarter, as opposed to increasing one's might). That's two different things and two separate approaches to combat.

How fancy :lolxg: , I used stronger as a way to be stronger in a fighting technique or by learning new shit.

For some reason I can't quote the other part.

so part2:

Well Kenshin was a warrior to begin with as for Ranma I am unknown to the manga so....

anyway Kenshin didn't fight base on what his katana teached him but for Ichigo, his Zanpaktou, Zangetsu clearly told after Ichigo learn Getsuga Tenshou that he doesnt have anything to teach Ichigo anymore.

Edited by Grimmjagger, 10 November 2016 - 03:13 PM.

odupal891ff.gif

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#422 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:31 PM

Kenshin didn't fight base on what his katana teached him but for Ichigo, his Zanpaktou, Zangetsu clearly told after Ichigo learn Getsuga Tenshou that he doesnt have anything to teach Ichigo anymore.

Which proves Ichigo is a one trick pony, because he's solely reliant on his zanpakutô.

The other shinigami knew more than zanjutsu (i.e. kidô, hakuda) and some devised all new techniques (such as Shunkô). Even Uryuu had more than just his bow, he has Selee Schnieder and his other quincy gadgets and techs.

#423 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:41 PM

Which proves Ichigo is a one trick pony, because he's solely reliant on his zanpakutô.

The other shinigami knew more than zanjutsu (i.e. kidô, hakuda) and some devised all new techniques (such as Shunkô). Even Uryuu had more than just his bow, he has Selee Schnieder and his other quincy gadgets and techs.

The guy's not even born Shinigami how the hell you want him to learn Kido when all of his training were due to event he had to take care of on the spot.

Bankai=Rukia was about to get executed

Hollow-fication= The Arrancars were a threat and each time he used Bankai led to his hollow taking over him.

Final Getsuga Tenshou= Aizen was about to crush Karakura town

and so on

Uryuu is a freakin born Quincy who had time training with his grand-father.

odupal891ff.gif

Follow my stories!
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics

#424 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:05 PM

The guy's not even born Shinigami how the hell you want him to learn Kido when all of his training were due to event he had to take care of on the spot.

Ichigo had access to three Jedi masters (figuratively speaking) at Urahara's shop, who could've taught him any of those things, had he bothered to ask. It wasn't like each crisis came seconds after the last one, he had ample downtime to learn. His dad even made it possible for him to get tnree months worth of training in only one hour and Yukio's pocket dimension gave him two days.

Yet, with all that time, all he ever learned was GT.

#425 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:12 PM

Ichigo had access to three Jedi masters (figuratively speaking) at Urahara's shop, who could've taught him any of those things, had he bothered to ask. It wasn't like each crisis came seconds after the last one, he had ample downtime to learn. His dad even made it possible for him to get tnree months worth of training in only one hour and Yukio's pocket dimension gave him two days.

Yet, with all that time, all he ever learned was GT.

So basically you wanted him to know everything about Shinigami's when all of the training sessions you just pointed out were just a quick-rushed session before facing the enemy.

Each crisis was like max 2 or 3 months except for the last arcs, since I doubt he would have stayed in the same High School all this time.

Even so why would he learn anything else when Getsuga Tenshou is obviusly OP.

odupal891ff.gif

Follow my stories!
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics

#426 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

So basically you wanted him to know everything about Shinigami's

He didn't need to know all shinigami arts, but relying on just one (zanjutsu) and the same move (GT) is why I said he was boring.

Rukia at least knew zanjutsu and kidô, but with just those two, she knew multiple shikai techs, multiple spells, and was skilled enough to use them interchangeably in combos. So did Hinamori.

Even so why would he learn anything else when Getsuga Tenshou is obviusly OP.

...except it wasn't? We saw people dodge and tank GTs like they were no big deal. Grimmjow took one and only walked away with a scar. Then proceeded to literally kick Ichigo's *** from one side of KT to the other without breaking a sweat. Ulquiorra casually backhanded his GT without even flinching. Gin took one directly to the forehead and thought nothing of it.

After all those times, you'd think Ichigo would've realized GT wasn't cutting it (pun not intended) and tried something else. Instead, he just powered up and kept trying the same thing.

#427 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:51 PM

but relying on just one (zanjutsu)

He did have Shunpo but his skill with that quickly vanished.

Speed Clones - Never saw them again

And what about Blut varations?

Cero when it would have been effective against Askin and the femritters

Fullbring which was scrapped think of all the variations he could have done

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#428 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:59 AM

He did have Shunpo but his skill with that quickly vanished.

Speed Clones - Never saw them again

To be specific, the latter put too much strain on his bones.  The big problem with Ichigo is that he never actually "trains" on his own; he only ever trains if it helps him get enough power to deal with the current situation.  

Bleach - Beyond the Pages

Visit the above blog for weekly updates of Bleach chapter reviews.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,
It swallows the falling star"
--------------------------
[B][CENTER]A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.

Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

#429 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:21 PM

To be specific, the latter put too much strain on his bones.  The big problem with Ichigo is that he never actually "trains" on his own; he only ever trains if it helps him get enough power to deal with the current situation.  

I thought hollow Ichigo came out and fixed that problem.

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#430 Kinky Deviance

Kinky Deviance

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer.

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:44 AM

Guys... This is the Relationships thread. Get back on topic.

Like for example: http://www.super-gro...tail.php?id=338

foDHp1g.jpg

IchiHitsu confirmed!  :P

#431 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 11:38 AM

I thought hollow Ichigo came out and fixed that problem.

I wouldn't say it "fixed" the problem, more that Ichigo didn't exert him to that extent for prolong periods of time after that.  He still has the speed, but not to the same extent as he used it back then.

But that same problem of not showing off certain abilities to their full extent is what really gave the feel that the final battle was rushed, was not originally intended to end like that.  Why go through all the trouble of showing off Ichigo's new Hollow transformation, stating that Ichigo had not perfected it, having him mix Cero with his Getsuga, only for Ichigo to have his Hollow power completely stolen from him, alongside his Quincy chapter, just a few chapters later?

It was as Kubo was saying: "See all these cool powers Ichigo has now?  Well, screw you because I'm taking them away."

Bleach - Beyond the Pages

Visit the above blog for weekly updates of Bleach chapter reviews.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,
It swallows the falling star"
--------------------------
[B][CENTER]A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.

Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

#432 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:53 PM

I wouldn't say it "fixed" the problem, more that Ichigo didn't exert him to that extent for prolong periods of time after that.  He still has the speed, but not to the same extent as he used it back then.

But that same problem of not showing off certain abilities to their full extent is what really gave the feel that the final battle was rushed, was not originally intended to end like that.  Why go through all the trouble of showing off Ichigo's new Hollow transformation, stating that Ichigo had not perfected it, having him mix Cero with his Getsuga, only for Ichigo to have his Hollow power completely stolen from him, alongside his Quincy chapter, just a few chapters later?

it was as Kubo was saying: "See all these cool powers Ichigo has now? Well, screw you because I'm taking them away."

Or simply him realising that he gave Ichigo way too much. :<_<:

I mean if the guy as all thoses powers, who's gonna challenge him? If we get a new sequel, Kubo better have Ichigo as the new Aizen, problem solve! :lolxg:

odupal891ff.gif

Follow my stories!
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics

#433 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:34 PM

Guys... This is the Relationships thread. Get back on topic.

Like for example: http://www.super-gro...tail.php?id=338

http://i.imgur.com/foDHp1g.jpg...

IchiHitsu confirmed!  :P

Still would prefer Adult Hitsu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users